Verizon Omnia (SCH-I910) Custom ROM Discussion

Guest Echew

Guest Apo11on
We asked for barebones, he's giving us barebones; no Samsung crap that isn't necessary. Perhaps we can make a new CAB installer that includes whatever Wozzer took out?

1. "we" did NOT ask for barebones - 1 person did.

2. what you're failing to understand (i'm assuming because you have not read wozzer's previos posts where he already posted a link to cab repository) is that the cab with the program already exists, but it's still not working after install, most likely because some of the system dlls/settings were either removed/moved or misconfigured. And having someone build yet another cab wont do any good.

Guest Apo11on
Well, you could always build your own custom ROM and leave Touch Player in it.

making me sound like i'm ungreatful for the work wozzer's doing is uncalled for. like i already stated - there is no problem with removing touchplayer -

the problem is with the fact that whatever he did prevents us from installing it back properly - it does not play videos. No custom ROM, whether its for i900, or other device i've used before has done that - when something is removed it's always possible to install it back the way, so it would function properly. That is not the case here and that's a ROM with broken/impaired functionality. I think the request to either fix the issue, or if he doesnt know how - just leave the touchplayer in, is very reasonable and not excessive demand, given the circumstances

Guest WoZZeR999
making me sound like i'm ungreatful for the work wozzer's doing is uncalled for. like i already stated - there is no problem with removing touchplayer -

the problem is with the fact that whatever he did prevents us from installing it back properly - it does not play videos. No custom ROM, whether its for i900, or other device i've used before has done that - when something is removed it's always possible to install it back the way, so it would function properly. That is not the case here and that's a ROM with broken/impaired functionality. I think the request to either fix the issue, or if he doesnt know how - just leave the touchplayer in, is very reasonable and not excessive demand, given the circumstances

If it's coming from the Customer_CSC, then there is nothing I can do about it. I don't know how to pull it out of an .img. When we get an official .exe from samsung, I should be able to fix that issue. Later today I will flash my untouched clean rom, and if it doesn't play, then it is beyond what I can do.

Omega Ra: I have 79 Megs free with M2D, so I would guess around 95 megs without.

Questions: Does anyone here use the TV-out?

Edited by WoZZeR999

Guest blazingwolf

1st. I never said you were ungrateful. Guilty conscious?

2nd. WoZZeR999 is being nice and providing a cooked ROM. The ROMs he makes are for him and if you like them you can use them. If you don't like what is in the ROM then you will have to build your own or stay with what we have so far. This is a fact of life not a put down or a stab at you.

Guest Omega Ra

I downloaded both versions. Not sure if I am going to flash one yet...any screenshots of this version of m2d? curious to see what you put in there.

Guest Apo11on
Thanks wolf, I was gonna say that. I received a file to the phone fine through BT, I've never used Beam, so I don't know if it's supposed to have more options, but syncing and receiving went fine. Most of what I took out can be found on the Omnia repositories, and I have no idea why Touchplayer isn't showing video. It's a direct draw issue, but I made sure the correct DLL's were there and they were.

If touch player is your favorite program on the omnia, then you have bigger problems than a custom rom.

The CSC thing is my biggest problem right now, not being able to get to it is breaking things :/

Edit: Time to play with M2D to get some settings that I like.

1. no need to get touchy - we all appreciate what you're doing. please see my response to blazingwolf.

2. I never said touchplayer is my favorite program on Omnia, i said i like this media player better than any other media player

3. Yeah, i do have bigger problem than custom rom, but they dont include imposing my opinion on others, like you just did. It's ok if you think i'm wrong and the touchplayer is not a good program - you're entitled to an opinion. It's NOT ok based on that to say i have big problems - that's just rude.

4. I'm going to try your M2D v4 once more and if touchplayer is still broken and you clearly state you have no intentions to fix the issue or leave it in - i'm gonna have to wish you good luck with your roms, will be going back to the leaked unaltered one and will be waiting until someone else who is able to cook roms will do the job properly, without breaking things. No offense, but i think if you're unable to fix it, knowing people like the program, removing it and not leaving it in is unreasonable.

Edited by Apo11on

Guest blazingwolf
....will be going back to the leaked unaltered one and will be waiting until someone else who is able to cook roms will do the job properly, without breaking things - no offense.

I love comments like this one. Let me put you down and then try to back pedal and say I don't mean it.

Guest Apo11on
1st. I never said you were ungrateful. Guilty conscious?

it was implied in your suggestion for me to cook my own ROM, there was no need to explicitly say that.

Guest WoZZeR999
1. no need to get touchy - we all appreciate what you're doing. please see my response to blazingwolf.

2. I never said touchplayer is my favorite program on Omnia, i said i like this media player better than any other media player

3. Yeah, i do have bigger problem than custom rom, but they dont include imposing my opinion on others, like you just did. It's ok if you thing i'm wrong and the touchplayer is not a good program - you're entitled to an opinion. It's NOT ok based on that to say i have big problems - that's just rude.

4. I'm going to try your M2D v4 once more and if touchplayer is still broken and you clearly state you have no intentions to fix the issue or leave it in - i'm gonna have to wish you good luck with your roms, will be going back to the leaked unaltered one and will be waiting until someone else who is able to cook roms will do the job properly, without breaking things - no offense.

I don't believe the problem is within my ability to fix without the CSC (which I have stated many, many, many times). It's not that I don't have intentions to fix it, I just don't know what my next plan of action to fixing it would be right now.

Just out of curiosity, did you have to run the Divx Registration to play divx?

Adrynalyne: I think I tried it once, but for some reason it didn't work right. I may try again later.

Edited by WoZZeR999

Guest Apo11on
I love comments like this one. Let me put you down and then try to back pedal and say I don't mean it.

that just called being frustrated with unreasonable behavior. if he cant fix it - why not just leave it in?! it doesnt cost him anything...I guarantee you its not just me who likes touchplayer....

Guest Adrynalyne

This is his hard work, it is much more respectful for you to move on, and not use it if it does not suit your fancy, than cause a commotion.

Guest Apo11on
Just out of curiosity, did you have to run the Divx Registration to play divx?

no sir - i have not. have never touched divx registration. that goes for both - this i910 and i900 i used to own. touchplayer was working fine out of the box.

Guest Apo11on
This is his hard work, it is much more respectful for you to move on, and not use it if it does not suit your fancy, than cause a commotion.

here is the thing - i'm certain it's not just me. i've been using cooked ROMs for Omnia for long time now and ive seen many people who stated they like the touchplayer. So, i think rather than me moving on a *much* better solution would be leaving the touchplayer in, and if he's so anxious to remove it - find and fix the reason why install from cab doesnt play videos and then remove it.

Guest WoZZeR999

Hmmm, getting kinda sick of this Apo11on. I said I was working on it, but I don't know what my next course of action is. Once I figure it out, you will be the first to know.

Guest rayden25
making me sound like i'm ungreatful for the work wozzer's doing is uncalled for. like i already stated - there is no problem with removing touchplayer...

Waaahhhh! I want touch player! Waaahhh!

DUDE, no one is forcing you to use this rom. If you like it, use it. If you don't like it, find another one to use. No one is in a position to complain in this forum. We are all at Wozzer's mercy what HE wants to do. This is free and beggars can't be choosers. Now sit down and shut the f*ck up!

Guest pazatat2

SO if i remove vz app zone, vz navigator, rrs reader, podcasts, digital frame WILL I STILL BE ABLE TO SE MAIN MENU? if so, what would be in there place?

Guest WoZZeR999
SO if i remove vz app zone, vz navigator, rrs reader, podcasts, digital frame WILL I STILL BE ABLE TO SE MAIN MENU? if so, what would be in there place?

Not sure what would be there.

Adrynalyne: the XIP from VZW is later than the ones in the kitchen.

Guest drewbax

I need instructions on how to update the new rom with this one.

I have the UMDL_OMNIA and the leaked ROM.

I want to put the M2D rom on my phone and need to know how. I know how to flash the leaked rom but not this one.

Thanks all.