Verizon Omnia (SCH-I910) Custom ROM Discussion

Guest Echew

Guest WoZZeR999
OK, I'm stuck - I'm using the leaked .img file as the base, and when I run osnbtool on it, I get the Image.img.pre written, but then it bombs "osnbtool.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close".

I tried it on a second XP machine and it ran to completion, but did not give me the Image.img.bin.nb0 file, only the .pre -- and no error messages...

thoughts?

edit: I did check to see that I had the latest C++ redistributable as has been mentioned in many of the cooking posts... and I do...

Find osnbtool version 1.55 or 1.56

Guest pw-man
Find osnbtool version 1.55 or 1.56

this one works

edit: wozzer posted this awhle back so thank him for it

wozzer / pazata2 - thanks both, that did the trick... now moving on to the next step ;-)

Guest blazingwolf
Are you using verizon?

because i only have 88 mb to begin with!

thanks

He is. He is using a custom ROM and not the leaked version. Look in the ROM forum. There are two ROMS there right now. One by WoZZeR999 and 1 by me.

Guest pellicle

One suggestion for a ROM - Remove everthing that can be reinstalled by a CAB and will work correctly. This will allow anyone who like a particular removed feature to have that feature by installing the appropriate CAB. I am not sure how many programs cannot be installed independently so there would be some impact on remaining storage but it would have to be a big improvement over the stock ROM.

Thus for anyone requesting, whining, pleading for a particular feature they can use this ROM with a little extra work on their own to get their perfect mix of features.

I am one voter for this as it would allow me to fiddle with what I need without being a nag to those doing the hard work of cooking in the kitchen. It means I need to do more but this is resaonable since all us users are benefiting from your hard work.

Guest maldonj1
You are on the right track. As with what I tell most people who want a step by step tutorial about a concept, the best way is to learn as you go. But to get you started, I'll get you to the point that most of the tutorials start.

(Image.img will be the name of the long i910...img name, I renamed it to Image.img)

1) Copy the Image.img to the tools folder

2) Navigate a command shell to the tools folder

3) Type osnbtools -sp Image.img

4) copy and rename Image.img.bin.nb0 to the root i900 kitchen folder and call it pda.nb0

5) Make a ROM folder (mkdir ROM)

6) Copy imgfs.src from one of he SYOK folders to ROM

7) run extractROM_Bin

8) You are now ready to cook

9) ...

10) profit!

im actually stuck on part 6, there is already a imgfs.src file in a ROM folder and im not sure if om suppsed to copy it from somewhere else to overwrite it.

part 7, when i run extractrom_bin i get this

C:\i900Romkitchen\i900Rom\omnia-eng>extractrom_bin

Extracting BIN. Please Wait......

OS ROM Partition Tool V1.55 By Weisun :> PDAclan.com

ERROR - Can not open the source file

The system cannot find the file specified.

Extracting Imgfs. Please Wait......

Extracting XIP. Please Wait......

usage dumprom file.nb

Extracting OEM and SYS. Please Wait.......

Clean-up of unnecessary files......

Could Not Find C:\i900Romkitchen\i900Rom\omnia-eng\pda.*

Could Not Find C:\i900Romkitchen\i900Rom\omnia-eng\imgfs.bin

Could Not Find C:\i900Romkitchen\i900Rom\omnia-eng\XIP.bin

All ROM files have been extracted. Start BuildROM after customisation......

Press any key to continue . . .

• 1 month later...
Guest hyperspaztik

Hey, I have an issue. After I installed the first update to get the GPS working, everything went well. Then, after a little bit, my picture messaging stopped working. Also, my phone won't send emails either. The picture messaging worked for a little bit, then it seems like it won't resize it and add it to the message. So If I send a pix message, the receivers just get the subject line and a blank page. So I installed the M2D rom hoping it would fix it, and it didn't. Does anyone have any idea what it could be?

• 4 months later...

Hi all,

I have been searching mobile forums for the past couple of months looking for a Win 6.5 rom that will work on my Telus i910. There have been a couple of posts here and there from people who say they have been able to do this but none seem to post a link or what rom they were able to use and possibly any issues that came of it.

I currently have Win 6.1 (Build 20276.1.3.3) on my i910 phone. I have read posts from people saying they have a range of issues flashing with roms on Telus as it can fault the battery out causing it not to charge to the phone no longer capable of connecting to the Telus towers. As far as I have researched, the Verizon roms that are all over, cannot be done causing the previous issues mentioned.

I was hoping that possibly anyone might have a known working Win6.5 rom or point me in the right direction to someone who has successfully done a rom flash to a Telus i910.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.