Verizon Omnia (SCH-I910) Custom ROM Discussion

Guest Echew

Guest somedude
was that neccessary? :excl:

but +1 for 6.5! :excl:

lol, its a reference to the movie "Menace 2 Society".

Edited by somedude

Guest necosino

In the future, it's quite possible that software updates will allow for better communication with the radio chipset. I know the May 11 update is supposed to improve GPS functionality :excl:

Guest rayden25

1. Working AGPS

2. Clean ROM, no verizon bloat

3. M2D & Customizer

Edit

... and then I read all 6 pages and see they have been talked about already! :excl:

Edited by rayden25

Guest rayden25

F*CK!!! MONAHANS!!!

Luckily I am under warranty so I will get a new phone today, but help me figure this out so I don't do it again. I updated to CC20 with UMDL, everything went fine and phone booted. I then opened UMDL again, clicked on PDA, selected FlashOSv2.bin, clicked detect, plugged in phone, turned on. connected and downloaded. When it finished downloading it never turned back on. When I unplugged and plugged back into the USB port I got the MONAHANS sign.

Did this happen because I left everything but PDA blank in UMDL?

Edited by rayden25

Guest ahoatam

WoZZer999, I just wanted to say thanks for this clean rom!

I'd also like to add a request for FingerKeyboard 2.1 installed, and also for the Omnia SMS "No Thread" app, and maybe even the better silver dialer screen back by default.

Thanks again!

Guest whiplash000

Could anyone help me set up a kitchen? I want to cook up some custom ROMs but I don't know what software to use or base ROM to start with...

Guest WoZZeR999
F*CK!!! MONAHANS!!!

Luckily I am under warranty so I will get a new phone today, but help me figure this out so I don't do it again. I updated to CC20 with UMDL, everything went fine and phone booted. I then opened UMDL again, clicked on PDA, selected FlashOSv2.bin, clicked detect, plugged in phone, turned on. connected and downloaded. When it finished downloading it never turned back on. When I unplugged and plugged back into the USB port I got the MONAHANS sign.

Did this happen because I left everything but PDA blank in UMDL?

Did you let the phone fully boot after updating to CC20? After the CC20 boots completly, I have only flashed with PDA alone.

ahoatam: the SMS has a text settings, so you can just turn it off. I'm not going to bother with Fingerboard, or any other keyboards, because I like the samsung one. If there is something that cannot be installed, it must be cooked in, I'll think about it.

Guest Omega Ra
Did you let the phone fully boot after updating to CC20? After the CC20 boots completly, I have only flashed with PDA alone.

ahoatam: the SMS has a text settings, so you can just turn it off. I'm not going to bother with Fingerboard, or any other keyboards, because I like the samsung one. If there is something that cannot be installed, it must be cooked in, I'll think about it.

is the alarm fixed? is it nice and stable?

Guest rayden25

Yup, booted, did the screen calibration and all that crap. Saw the widgets home screen. Held down power button until verizon screen and phone shut off. Opened up UMDL and did the attached screen, hit detect, plugged phone in and turned on. It did update the phone and dl completely but never came back to life.

post-464649-1239474151_thumb.jpg

Guest pillagingjack

Okay, so I can't seem to get back into rom building. I renamed to pda.bin and drag over to extractrom.cmd but it tells me that it can't open the specified files, etc. It does not dump anything into the ROM folder? It's been about 3 years since I did building and for the life of me I am stuck. I feel like a noob again?!?!?!?!??!?!?! what am I missing????

P.S. AWESOME JOB ON GETTING THIS DONE!!! I have a feeling you have permanently etched your name into the history of the 910!

Nate

Guest krelvinaz

I want to play....

While I did the new rom update, I am a bit reluctant to play much more with my phone since I really need the phone.

I assume, that if I pick up another Omnia, that I can switch between phones (think its called switching ESN numbers) and then experiment with one while leaving the other alone. Switching back to the Untouched phone when I need to go to work etc..

Guest WoZZeR999
Yup, booted, did the screen calibration and all that crap. Saw the widgets home screen. Held down power button until verizon screen and phone shut off. Opened up UMDL and did the attached screen, hit detect, plugged phone in and turned on. It did update the phone and dl completely but never came back to life.

Try a battery pull. As long a Eboot was loaded correctly, it shouldn't matter if the PDA portion of the phone was flashed bad.

I can't get the Omnia clock alarm to work correctly. I'm going to try G-Alarm now. I also need a picture viewer (media album doesn't seem to want to work anymore), so if anyone know of a good free viewer, please let me know.

Edited by WoZZeR999

Guest rayden25
Try a battery pull. As long a Eboot was loaded correctly, it shouldn't matter if the PDA portion of the phone was flashed bad.

Did it, same thing. Who knows, maybe I messed up and put the file in the eboot section. f-ing kid and wife were running around breaking my concentration. I've flashed so many HTCs that I take this s*** for granted now. Serves me right. The boot got corrupted some how, because it's just black screen after I put the battery in and hold down the power button. The only way I know the phone is on, is when I plug it into the laptop and I see the MONAHANS flag.

Does the file name matter? should it be changed to pda.img or pda.bin for the phone? Is that only for the kitchen?

Guest Adrynalyne
WoZZer999, I just wanted to say thanks for this clean rom!

I'd also like to add a request for FingerKeyboard 2.1 installed, and also for the Omnia SMS "No Thread" app, and maybe even the better silver dialer screen back by default.

Thanks again!

Check your system preferences. There is a built in app to disable threading. No need to cook something in thats already there.

Edited by Adrynalyne

Guest pazatat2
I can probably give you some help through IM tomorrow or the weekend if you want. You should download SYOK and SYAKR (RC1). You then have to get the .nb0 file out with osnbtools, and rename to PDA.bin. Then run ExtractROM_Bin, and it should do the work for you. I can throw together a quick guide later, and find a place to host everything.

when i run osnbtools the box comes up and closes real fast. nothing else happens any suggestions WoZZeR999?

Guest WoZZeR999

For the kitchen, the .nb0 has to be named PDA.nb0. For flashing, it has to start with the word flash, and end in .bin.

G-Alarm seems to work. Still have to find a picture viewer, or try to get contents manager to work. I'll upload the new version once I get those working.

Guest WoZZeR999
when i run osnbtools the box comes up and closes real fast. nothing else happens any suggestions WoZZeR999?

You need to use osnbtool from the command line. Depending on what you are doing, you need to pass different arguments.

Guest WoZZeR999

The PDA is starting to get a bit screwy, I think I'm going to have to start from scratch. I know what I'm doing now, so hopefully I will run into less problems along the way. Most of the add-ons are just packages, so I can add those back in easily. Some other stuff I am going to try to remove by hand. My next release probably won't be the same as these (hopefully better/more stable). I'll keep everyone updated as I progress. I will be useing less automated tools that *worked*, and doing it by hand so I know what's going on.

I guess I should have lowered the quality a bit, opps.

post-472759-1239476192_thumb.jpg

Edited by WoZZeR999

Guest pazatat2
You need to use osnbtool from the command line. Depending on what you are doing, you need to pass different arguments.

i have 3 bins now- boot.bin, msflsh.bin, romhdr.bin wich one is for pda?

and thanks for help