Verizon Omnia (SCH-I910) Custom ROM Discussion

Guest Echew

Guest WoZZeR999
i have 3 bins now- boot.bin, msflsh.bin, romhdr.bin wich one is for pda?

and thanks for help

what did you type to get those?

Wings are on, expect a new version later tonight hopefully.

Edited by WoZZeR999

Guest pazatat2
what did you type to get those?

lol i think i'm going to give up and pay someone to make it the exact way i want it lol. i'm just getting my self frustrated

Guest Skyline987
The .nb0 is the first split from OSnbtools.

Extractbin does another extraction on it.

so if you do OSnbtools -sp image.img, you'll get image.img.bin.nb0. rename that file.

So im running osnbtool with the exact command you posted but it only creates a .PRE file and crashes. Ive tried on Vista and XP and i get the same results :excl:

post-236278-1239478312_thumb.jpg

Guest Omega Ra
The PDA is starting to get a bit screwy, I think I'm going to have to start from scratch. I know what I'm doing now, so hopefully I will run into less problems along the way. Most of the add-ons are just packages, so I can add those back in easily. Some other stuff I am going to try to remove by hand. My next release probably won't be the same as these (hopefully better/more stable). I'll keep everyone updated as I progress. I will be useing less automated tools that *worked*, and doing it by hand so I know what's going on.

I guess I should have lowered the quality a bit, opps.

lol good way to answer.

Guest WoZZeR999
So im running osnbtool with the exact command you posted but it only creates a .PRE file and crashes. Ive tried on Vista and XP and i get the same results :excl:

post-236278-1239478312_thumb.jpg

You need osnbtool version 1.55. 1.48 doesn't work.

osnbtool.zip

Edited by WoZZeR999

Guest WoZZeR999
Got my brand spanking out of the box new omnia and I am ready to brick it again!

That's what I like to hear!

I'm working on my new rom from scratch. I'm just starting the basics now, I will give an update in a bit.

Guest pazatat2
For the kitchen, the .nb0 has to be named PDA.nb0. For flashing, it has to start with the word flash, and end in .bin.

OK I got them extract have the nbo, footer, and headr files. i renamed image.img.bin.NBO to PDA.NBO CLICKED EXTRACTROM_bin and got an error screen

any ideas? is you file PDA.nbO like you mention or PDA.NBO, LIKE MINE?

Guest WoZZeR999
OK I got them extract have the nbo, footer, and headr files. i renamed image.img.bin.NBO to PDA.NBO CLICKED EXTRACTROM_bin and got an error screen

PDA.NB0 - Zero,not 'oh'

How big is the file?

Guest Skyline987

its pda.nb0 <- zero not the letter 0

Guest pazatat2
PDA.NB0 - Zero,not 'oh'

How big is the file?

135 MB am i missing a step? and yeah is zero 0 not O sorry

edit: like this PDA.NB0

Edited by pazatat2

Guest Apo11on
Apo11on, I'm working on the alarm clock. I will send out an update when I fix it.

I found the reason why Alarm Clock wasn't working and was crashing - it's those ringtones you removed. Apparently, it needs to have ringtone associated to work. If you look at the bottom of Alarm Clock screen you will see the ringtone field is empty. Once ringtone is set it works fine. Same resolution applies to another screen: Settings->Phone->Phone tab - as long as ringtone field there is empty, you will not be able to save the settings of that screen or even leave it.

To set your ringtone use this link: http://blogs.technet.com/steve_lamb/archiv...ile-device.aspx

The only correction to those instructions is that it doesnt have to be .wmv file - I selected an mp3 and it worked fine.

Guest Apo11on

WoZZeR999 I've used GSM Omnia i900 with AT&T for almost a year and I've been through all those cooked roms since day 1. So, speaking from experience I can tell you the best UI interface available is Manila2D. All these iPhonez, Vito Winterface are decent, but don't quite measure up. So, i suggest putting your best effort into integrating Manila 2D into the ROM, rather than spending time on WM 6.5 over the weekend.

There is also Manila 3D (TouchFlo 3D) for qvga devices, which is out: http://www.bytetips.com/manila-2d-update-and-tutorial/

but i recommend against it for Omnia - it's going to be painfully slow (not that our winblows mobile OS is fast to begin with, comparing to Symbian or OS X)

HTC has standalone hardware graphics processor on their devices, which run TouchFlo 3D. This UI cannot be handled properly without dedicated chip.

Guest WoZZeR999
WoZZeR999 I've used GSM Omnia i900 with AT&T for almost a year and I've been through all those cooked roms since day 1. So, speaking from experience I can tell you the best UI interface available is Manila2D. All these iPhonez, Vito Winterface are decent, but don't quite measure up. So, i suggest putting your best effort into integrating Manila 2D into the ROM, rather than spending time on WM 6.5 over the weekend.

There is also Manila 3D (TouchFlo 3D) for qvga devices, which is out: http://www.bytetips.com/manila-2d-update-and-tutorial/

but i recommend against it for Omnia - it's going to be painfully slow (not that our winblows mobile OS is fast to begin with, comparing to Symbian or OS X)

HTC has standalone hardware graphics processor on their devices, which run TouchFlo 3D. This UI cannot be handled properly without dedicated chip.

I've been customizing my omnia since the day I bought it, and M2D has some drawback, but once I get it running well, it's not that hard to integrate. My first test cooked rom was M2D. WM6.5 is more about the challance. I already put some time into it, but it's something I'm going to keep on the back burner.

I actually like Throttle Launcher M2D skin the best, but the performance isn't where it should be.

Guest Swampdonky

Awesome work so far guys!!

How difficult is it going to be to port 6.5 to the 1910??

Has anyone set up a donation site for the people that get it successfully ported? I think that will really help 1910 users get 6.5 faster.

Guest WoZZeR999
OK, i am DL the flashosv2.bin again. Maybe it was a bad file. Also, how do I get the PDA part from i910WM6.1.REV10.CC20.VZW.img??

It's a unified file. It has all the parts in it. Flash that completely, do the *228 stuff, then flash with my ROM.

Guest rayden25
It's a unified file. It has all the parts in it. Flash that completely, do the *228 stuff, then flash with my ROM.

Did that, but I would like to get just the PDA part so I can remove some stuff and keep some stuff. Or remove all stuff! :excl:

Guest WoZZeR999
Did that, but I would like to get just the PDA part so I can remove some stuff and keep some stuff. Or remove all stuff! :excl:

Yeah, the i910, has everything, so just flash it. It includes the PDA part.

Guest Foster318

Just mount the img then click eboot and csc to take them off. Then off you go.