Verizon Omnia (SCH-I910) Custom ROM Discussion

Guest Echew

Guest avluis

Is this the right way to do it.

I chose the unified image file and then clicked pda twice to select my flashos.bin that I built.

Will this work?

post-503045-1239494042_thumb.jpg

edit@1925:

too late, flashing now.

will update in as it flashes.

edit@1932:

no errors so far.

edit@1935:

done, success!

All I did was change the boot and power off animation as a test.

I can attest that this method works.

I prefer this way so it keeps the eboot and csc from the beta image released here.

edit@1945:

tried it again with the beta rom (i910wm6.1.rev10.cc20.vzw.img).

re-flashed with no problems at all!

Edited by avluis

Guest WoZZeR999
hey what re you using to read/edit/delete the .rgu's

The files are hidden.

Rayden: They spent 4 months on a lot more, plus the i910 team probably works on a lot more than just the i910.

My new Rom is at a mostly usable mode right now, still have some more work to do, but there may be a new rom out tonight/tomorrow morning.

Edited by WoZZeR999

Guest Apo11on

I think it was bad idea to remove TouchPlayer application. It doesn't work on FlashOSv2 ROM, if you install it again from the cab. Says something about missing components. For me it's a deal breaker, as it's one of my favorite apps on the phone.

:excl:

Guest WoZZeR999
I think it was bad idea to remove TouchPlayer application. It doesn't work on FlashOSv2 ROM, if you install it again from the cab. Says something about missing components. For me it's a deal breaker, as it's one of my favorite apps on the phone.

:excl:

New Rom uploading, this should fix Media album and Touch player. Touch is still removed, but you can install the cab correctly now.

SMPlayer+ is attached, it worked before I did the fix.

SMPlayer_.zip

Edited by WoZZeR999

Guest WoZZeR999

I found out why s*** wasn't opening up. Hopefully it'll be fixed now.

Yup, one of the dll's wasn't getting copied over properly.

New Rom is uploading. I may put some side time into getting M2D the way I like it, so there will be one tonight, and maybe a dual release tomorrow.

Link: check page 11.

As usual, this worked on my omnia, if it bricks yours, not my fault.

Edited by WoZZeR999

Guest semmtexx

New Rom is uploading. I may put some side time into getting M2D the way I like it, so there will be one tonight, and maybe a dual release tomorrow.

Link: FlashOS v3

Amazing work here wozzer. I'm gonna wait til you have a nice M2D intagrated version that you are happy with befor i take the next leap but I am paying close attention to all your progress. Keep it up!!

Guest WoZZeR999

If you download an install the M2D AIO installer, all you would have to do is replace the home settings on a cooked rom to have your own setup. I won't be deleting the files needed for M2D, only editing some of the XML files.

Guest WoZZeR999

I had to rework it from scratch, so technically less is done, but I'm going about it in a better way.

I fixed an error where contents manager (media album) and touch player (find the cab from one of the 'omnia repositories') will load now.

Fixed an error with the alarm, there's now 1 ring tone so it shouldn't crash.

You'll notice that there is a lot less available memory (around 80-85 megs if I remember correctly). I'm in the process of removing everything that was gone.

It should be more stable than V2, but I still need to know what problems people run into.

There may be more changes, I don't remember all of them, I'm kinda just going through and doing stuff.

Guest felix300z

@WoZZeR999 hey could you do a quick step by step on what tools to use to get started, i want to get started on messing around with making a lite version for my own and to get into the custom rom stuff. But i'm not sure to start with to with having the .img file instead of the bin or exe that all of these other how-to's mention.

If you could just list something like:

step one download this, this this,

use this to extract this and use this to extract that

and a quick way how you flash your phone.

Nothing to detalied just a quick explanation on what tools and process you use, i would love to get into this. I own my own domain and hosting so if you want i could host some of the files for you in the future and create some quick app that lets you keep track of changes per version.

I just want to thank you for all of the work your putting into this, we all do!

Guest WoZZeR999
@WoZZeR999 hey could you do a quick step by step on what tools to use to get started, i want to get started on messing around with making a lite version for my own and to get into the custom rom stuff. But i'm not sure to start with to with having the .img file instead of the bin or exe that all of these other how-to's mention.

If you could just list something like:

step one download this, this this,

use this to extract this and use this to extract that

and a quick way how you flash your phone.

Nothing to detalied just a quick explanation on what tools and process you use, i would love to get into this. I own my own domain and hosting so if you want i could host some of the files for you in the future and create some quick app that lets you keep track of changes per version.

I just want to thank you for all of the work your putting into this, we all do!

The only difference between the .exe and .img, is that you need to use osnbtools (at least version 1.55, posted a page or 2 back), and type osnbtool -sp 'Name-Of-Image' (replaceing that with the actual file). You will get a 'whatever.bin.nb0', rename that to pda.nb0 (zero), and place that in the kitchen, then run extractROM_Bin.

As for flashing, I am using UDML_Omnia, and after flashing to the current beta (not mine, the VZW one, I think you need the CSC and Eboot updated, but I'm not 100% sure), all you have to do click PDA, and have the filename of the cooked rom be Flash.bin. It just has to start with Flash, and end with .bin.

As for cooking, there are lots of good guides out there.

Edit: My current version that I'm working on is up to 95 megs free after flash, with the same goodies included that have been in it.

Edit2: Also (not sure if it was in the version I uploaded), but the old 'Menu' button is now task switcher. Hold is Task manager.

Edited by WoZZeR999

Guest Apo11on

reporting FlashOSv3 bugs as I go: Main Menu link at the bottom of the desktop, generates an error. My guess would be because Main Menu is removed. In v2 this link points to Contacts

Guest Apo11on

TouchPlayer is still screwed up - it does install now, but when you try to play the videos (same ones that used to work fine before) - there is no picture, only sound. Videos i'm trying to play are encoded with DivX 5.0.5 and they play perfectly fine with the TouchPlayer of original VZW ROM.

:excl: :excl: :excl:

Guest Apo11on

I'm not 100% sure if its a related bug, or configuration issue (it used to work fine with old VZW ROM), but here it is: Bluetooth file transfer doesnt work - my PC (WinXP SP3) says "File Transfer service not found on target device". The phone is successfully paired.

By the way - it would be nice to disable the splash screens on startup and shutdown: the winblows one, and the VZW one. It'll speed up the phone boot as well.

Edited by Apo11on

Guest necosino
TouchPlayer is still screwed up - it does install now, but when you try to play the videos (same ones that used to work fine before) - there is no picture, only sound. Videos i'm trying to play are encoded with DivX 5.0.5 and they play perfectly fine with the TouchPlayer of original VZW ROM.

:excl: :excl: :excl:

He may have take out codex he doesn't use. Go on google and look for winmo codec packs and you should find something that takes care of the problem.

Guest rayden25

Link: FlashOS v3

ALIVE!!! It's ALIVE!!! So I bricked my 4 month old Omnia with version 2. I used version 3 on the spanking new one and it worked fine. I did select the whole CC20 unified image and then clicked on PDA twice and pointed to the version 3 bin. Thanks Wozzer you badword rock man! Like I said earlier, i used custom roms on my HTC phone and loved my Omnia except the fact of all the bloatware in it. Now I can run M2D with more than 5 megs left of storage and finally use my GPS again. Now this phone is complete.

<==--EDIT--==>

You tube app works great. I get the "spining colors" on the today screen all the time. Samsung Online Widgets don't work, which I don't care about.

<==--EDIT--==>

Soft reset and spining colorsa went away. Cept when you enable online widgets again, it comes bock and won't go away until you disable them and then soft reset.

Edited by rayden25

Guest j32driver

This is to WoZZeR999 and all the people on the cutting edge of the i910,

A sincere thank you for all the hard work you folks are putting into the Omnia. It's people like you that make me stick with the WinMo systems. Verizon should be PAYING you people rewards for making their customers happy again. If I didn't know that the Omnia was eventually going to be hacked, I would have went running and screaming to either Sprint or AT&T months ago. You really are helping Verizon retain customers!!!

I'm standing on the sidelines, watching things develop, and anxiously awaiting for things to become more stable. When the bricking problems from Verizon's beta release are definitively solve, I'll take the plunge.

Guest necosino
This is to WoZZeR999 and all the people on the cutting edge of the i910,

A sincere thank you for all the hard work you folks are putting into the Omnia. It's people like you that make me stick with the WinMo systems. Verizon should be PAYING you people rewards for making their customers happy again. If I didn't know that the Omnia was eventually going to be hacked, I would have went running and screaming to either Sprint or AT&T months ago. You really are helping Verizon retain customers!!!

I'm standing on the sidelines, watching things develop, and anxiously awaiting for things to become more stable. When the bricking problems from Verizon's beta release are definitively solve, I'll take the plunge.

Bricking is a constant and inherant risk when flashing a phone. Whether it be in a standalone, or download UI, the risk will always exist. All you can do is follow the instructions, and hope that no flukes show up.

My recommendation: Hard reset before flashing, have >80% charge, and don't run anything else on your computer while flashing, and leave the phone alone; Don't touch it, move it, etc, until the flash is completed.

Guest WoZZeR999

The touch player can use Directshow codecs. Theoretically you should be able to use FFDShow with it.

GPS seems to work, you just have to wait for the initial lock.

There are a lot of files that I need from the Customer_CSC bin, but I can't seem to extract it from the img. most the tools out there are for exes. This may deal with the codecs and OBEX support, I'll look into it

Try the cab here to see if you can get widgets to work, I know that the widget support is in CustomerCSC.

Fixes:

Main Menu fixed (thanks apo11on)

I have a early dinner, so expect another release (any maybe a M2D one if I get the time) later today.

Any other comments, suggestions, what not, please let me know.