Verizon Omnia (SCH-I910) Custom ROM Discussion

Guest Echew

Guest somedude
A sincere thank you for all the hard work you folks are putting into the Omnia. It's people like you that make me stick with the WinMo systems. Verizon should be PAYING you people rewards for making their customers happy again. If I didn't know that the Omnia was eventually going to be hacked, I would have went running and screaming to either Sprint or AT&T months ago. You really are helping Verizon retain customers!!!

I agree. Verizons applications are just horrible. I heard if you download VZappzone or whatever, it screws with your phone.

I dont understand why the big companies dont get it. Leave the gotdammed phone alone! Let us install our software and customize it they way we want to.

A carrier should just provide me the ability to make calls, and access the internet, and thats it.

The only reason i stayed with verizon is because i knew that once a rom dropped, people would be cooking roms like crazy.

Edited by somedude

Guest bompus
GPS seems to work, you just have to wait for the initial lock.

I am trying in Google Maps and I am getting No GPS receiver was found both on Managed by Windows and on COM8 4800 & COM8 57600. I have tried deleting the Redirect key from HKLM/ControlPanel/GPS Settings and using the windows external gps utility, and then tried putting the key back to enable redirect again and still nothing either way. Any ideas? I toggled back and forth between E911 and Location On also and it did nothing. GPS Test also can not find any device.

Edit - I removed the Redirect key from GPS Settings in registry again and went back in and enabled let windows manage gps. I then changed the virtual com port to 7 and the hardware port to 8 with 57600. GPS Test is not working connected to COM7 @ 38400 (the highest it allows).

Edited by bompus

Guest WoZZeR999
I am trying in Google Maps and I am getting No GPS receiver was found both on Managed by Windows and on COM8 4800 & COM8 57600. I have tried deleting the Redirect key from HKLM/ControlPanel/GPS Settings and using the windows external gps utility, and then tried putting the key back to enable redirect again and still nothing either way. Any ideas? I toggled back and forth between E911 and Location On also and it did nothing. GPS Test also can not find any device.

Edit - I removed the Redirect key from GPS Settings in registry again and went back in and enabled let windows manage gps. I then changed the virtual com port to 7 and the hardware port to 8 with 57600. GPS Test is not working connected to COM7 @ 38400 (the highest it allows).

Did you flash with the VZW leaked rom first? There may be some stuff it does enable it. Make sure you have location on and have done a soft reset too.

Guest rtrip

Does this ROM unlock the Omnia for Sprint, or is there another way to do this?

I heard Verizon allows Sprint phones on their network but I don't think Sprint does. I really like the Omnia but I like my $30/month Sero plan better~

Guest WoZZeR999
Does this ROM unlock the Omnia for Sprint, or is there another way to do this?

I heard Verizon allows Sprint phones on their network but I don't think Sprint does. I really like the Omnia but I like my $30/month Sero plan better~

It may, you would have to convince them to enable your phone for their network. Verizon will take all CDMA phone that it can on it's network (baring no hardware issues), I'm not 100% sure about sprint. There are seperate cabs for spring, I only have the verizon one installed (I think it's mainly for data though)

Would anyone like to see wkTask in the next release?

Edited by WoZZeR999

Guest pw-man

I used wkTask initially, but found that it was not consistently stable - not sure about others' perspectives.

Guest Adrynalyne

WoZZer, maybe you can help me?

I have been trying for days to build my own rom, but when I take the OS.nb to the buildrom app, It goes through the motions, then I click the "play" button and it eventually errors out.

Its really the only thing holding me back.

post-466506-1239574894_thumb.jpg

Guest WoZZeR999
WoZZer, maybe you can help me?

I have been trying for days to build my own rom, but when I take the OS.nb to the buildrom app, It goes through the motions, then I click the "play" button and it eventually errors out.

Its really the only thing holding me back.

From what I've read, that normally come up when you have a .rgu issue. Either one of the registry settings is there twice, or there's a missing ] on something. I'm not 100% sure about that, see if disabling either of those takes the issue away.

Guest Adrynalyne
From what I've read, that normally come up when you have a .rgu issue. Either one of the registry settings is there twice, or there's a missing ] on something. I'm not 100% sure about that, see if disabling either of those takes the issue away.

Ok, thanks.

Guest WoZZeR999

If someone can get me a 6.5 i900 kitchen (not the rom, but the actual kitchen), I will take a look at it. The only kitchens I found so far won't work too easily for the i910.

Edited by WoZZeR999

Guest rtrip
It may, you would have to convince them to enable your phone for their network. Verizon will take all CDMA phone that it can on it's network (baring no hardware issues), I'm not 100% sure about sprint. There are seperate cabs for spring, I only have the verizon one installed (I think it's mainly for data though)

Cool, sounds like it might be possible.

Can anyone confirm using an i910 with Sprint?

Guest WoZZeR999

To those trying to put HTC task manager button in, there seems to be a problem with later versions. Testing now.

Edited by WoZZeR999

Guest WoZZeR999
I am trying to flash to one of your roms, but keep getting an error as soon as UMDL detects my Omnia on power up.

Ideas?

There is a Active sync setup for vista, that you have to match to the one in the PDF. It's connection settings or something in the sync center.

Guest Adrynalyne
I am trying to flash to one of your roms, but keep getting an error as soon as UMDL detects my Omnia on power up.

Ideas?

Nevermind. I forgot I re-enabled usb on WMDC.

Guest Apo11on
I would kill for a barebones M2D release.

I'm not sure what you mean by "barebones", but I hope it doesnt mean "crippled". Give us video playback and Bluetooth file transfer back please.

Guest rayden25

Oh hell yeah. I use M2D and Wktask. Was just going to install them onto your base rom.

Guest WoZZeR999
I'm not sure what you mean by "barebones", but I hope it doesnt mean "crippled". Give us video playback and Bluetooth file transfer back please.

I already went over why your video playback doesn't work, and I didn't touch any of the Bluetooth stuff, so either you don't have OBEX turned on, or it's part of the CSC.

All the DLL's are there, gonna research more.

Edited by WoZZeR999

Guest Apo11on
I already went over why your video playback doesn't work, and I didn't touch any of the Bluetooth stuff, so either you don't have OBEX turned on, or it's part of the CSC.

All the DLL's are there, gonna research more.

I have not touched any Bluetooth settings on the PC and I have enabled *everything* related to Bluetooth on the phone. Of course I cannot be 100% sure it's not my configuration, but I'd bet money on the fact it's the ROM customization that's at fault. The only sure way to check if you can do it yourself - pair the phone with your PC and try to send file from PC to phone, and then vise versa, using beam.

P.S. Any luck with restoring video playback?

Guest WoZZeR999

I removed all touch player stuff and included TCPMP as a video player. It is free and will play anything. Use S2P or HTC Audio manager if you want a dedicated music player. S2P can't be OEM'd in easily, otherwise I would have it in there.

Edit: Only added 300K for a much better player too! :excl:

I will need to test to see if it needed the other plug-ins, I'll have to test ringtones. Edit: seems to work fine, along with the alarm.

Edited by WoZZeR999