The best GPS navigator for Omnia i910

Guest theidoctor.org

Guest JDawg183

ARGH!! Have any of ye mateys found ye any dem good "downloads" for a sea lovin man likes meself? ARGH! Particularly iGo 8 for USA? Thank ye land lubbers!

Guest Mike Burrows
Which version of Nav4all should we use for an Omnia? It seems they have a several versions available.

I just downloaded it from their website. The version I am using is 9.0.0 for Windows Mobile which I believe is the latest. Worth persevering with

Guest charklos2099

Im running Garmin XT and it is pretty cool. I have had my GPS sats be found anywhere between 3-30 seconds. Not too bad though. It has a ton on POIs and the 3d map is really good in comparison with some other software out there. There arent any 3d buildings, but I figure that's what the window is for! :D It has on screen MPH and estimated time of arrival. I was able to download like 25 new vehicles so somedays Im rollin around in my truck and others in my helicopter! lol Anywho, for anyone who is looking to score some good software, Garmin XT for the Omnia is a great match. I dont know how much it costs to purchase retail, I got mine from uhh the umm.. as a gift! But if its not too much then I say go for it! :lol:

Guest JDawg183
Im running Garmin XT and it is pretty cool. I have had my GPS sats be found anywhere between 3-30 seconds. Not too bad though. It has a ton on POIs and the 3d map is really good in comparison with some other software out there. There arent any 3d buildings, but I figure that's what the window is for! :D It has on screen MPH and estimated time of arrival. I was able to download like 25 new vehicles so somedays Im rollin around in my truck and others in my helicopter! lol Anywho, for anyone who is looking to score some good software, Garmin XT for the Omnia is a great match. I dont know how much it costs to purchase retail, I got mine from uhh the umm.. as a gift! But if its not too much then I say go for it! :lol:

How did you get it to sync up with your regular Garmin GPS? I have a standalone unit I tried to sync it to, and i gave it FOREVER to do it, and they never synced. Any tips?

Guest OzzyW

I have used iGo8 , Garmin XT, TomTom and now I am sticking with McGuider.

I think McGuider is very good and clear. Looks great, works so easy :D

iGO was my 2nd choice, but I just find the interface very messy... zoombuttons are hidden , and the general graphics are not what the could be i believe :lol: Very customizable though ...but still it didnt make the cut for me!

I'm just happy to have a GPS in my pocket at all times!

Guest Apo11on
It seems that out of the available ones in the US market, Garmin XT, TomTom Nav 6, and OCN 8 (us version of igo8), they all come preinstalled on a SD card that you have to use, except for TomTom.

Is there a way around that? I'd prefer to be able to install any GPS software and maps to My Storage, and keep my card free for music, movies, etc.

tomtom nav 6 is old, v7 has been available for ages....

Guest Lazi
Does anyone have the iGO 8 United States POI file? Somehow mine has become corrupted on the SD card. =(

Yes i Have.

Howe can i send it to u?

let me know.

Let me have a question. U using a tmc option on Igo8?

Guest Lazi
ok... i never even knew ocn was available lol...

yea im not sure where to get them... they just came with the package lol...

i am still looking for the 3d buildings and stuff!!! if you find those, let me know :D

Hi !

I have lot of stuff for the Igo8 USA map and everything poi, 3d.....

good skin...

I have TMC to. i receiving the channels but can not se anz traffic info? i still working on it.

Guest breadtrk
How are you getting Mobile XT working? It keeps looking for a bluetooth GPS receiver on mine. I can't find a setting to change the GPS settings.

I realize this is a very old post. I have searched and searched but have been unable to find an answer to this. Any suggestions?

Guest theidoctor.org
I realize this is a very old post. I have searched and searched but have been unable to find an answer to this. Any suggestions?

its not that old of a post...

mine worked from the start....

you should be able to change the gps settings under the options or settings menu

Edited by theidoctor.org

Guest breadtrk
its not that old of a post...

mine worked from the start....

you should be able to change the gps settings under the options or settings menu

I have looked and looked, Do I need to let it set there and churn on the "Looking for BT" screen? I wonder if I bought the wrong version?

Guest theidoctor.org
I have looked and looked, Do I need to let it set there and churn on the "Looking for BT" screen? I wonder if I bought the wrong version?

you may have... what version do you have and can you give us a link so we can see what your using?

hopefully you got the one that uses the built in gps and not a seperate gps that uses bluetooth.

Guest breadtrk
you may have... what version do you have and can you give us a link so we can see what your using?

hopefully you got the one that uses the built in gps and not a seperate gps that uses bluetooth.

Even when I install the application unlock, the SmartphoneGPS activator and reset security, it still looks for the bluetooth. I can't even get the GPSToday to work, but Google maps and LIve both work fine. I'll just have to learn to live with that I guess.

Guest theidoctor.org
Even when I install the application unlock, the SmartphoneGPS activator and reset security, it still looks for the bluetooth. I can't even get the GPSToday to work, but Google maps and LIve both work fine. I'll just have to learn to live with that I guess.

hmm, that sucks,

next time, go with igo 8 lol

Guest winmar
hmm, that sucks,

next time, go with igo 8 lol

I am using Mobile XT and in the top right you will either have a funky looking Icon or a signal strength bar. If I select that it allows me to change to look for a Bluetooth or use built in GPS. Also if I use the Built in it allows me to set the Com port. Not sure if it will help you or not, but hopefully it works for you.

Edit: I meant Top left

Edited by winmar

Guest breadtrk
I am using Mobile XT and in the top right you will either have a funky looking Icon or a signal strength bar. If I select that it allows me to change to look for a Bluetooth or use built in GPS. Also if I use the Built in it allows me to set the Com port. Not sure if it will help you or not, but hopefully it works for you.

Edit: I meant Top left

Darn, you are gonna make me try again, my boss will be ticked!, He has already asked me what the hell I need a map for since I have been deriving here so long.

Guest jgkeegan
So with the new i910 Gps unlocked, i thought i would start a thread on some of the best GPS software out!

[..]

Alright so this is what i have installed so far:

Garmin Mobile XT - with the basic worldmap and 2009 North American Map

[...]

Please show us some of your works and what you think about these apps!

Garmin XT Works like a dream. To use the internal GPS, you need to install the full Garmin XT that has been on the market for a bit and then download the upate from the garmin site

Guest mihul

hi there

i've had igo8 for 6 months i guess.. two big problems:

1. it thakes ages to get sattelite position when i 1st open the app

2. it connects to the internet when it opens and it does it even tho i try to kill the connection everytime it says so.. that kinda drives me crazy as i cannot use it when roaming.. (didn't monitor the transfer so no idea of how much it downloaded or if it downloaded anything)..

please help if u have an idea of what i'm talking about!

thanks a lot!

Guest dragracekid

sorry if im breaking rules or soemthing but has anyone here used gpsunderground? i think its down and want to know if its just me

Guest Chris98

i have iGo for maps and i like it. But when i download the latest maps for it, 2008.10 by teleAtlas and i found a few problems with the michigan map

Guest lbhi2005

I've been using IGO8 w/TTS ... I like it, but I would like to change to a different skin with more functions. Tried Dimkas but it keeps looking for a voice file I don't have.

I hate that you can use the v1.1 Voices (Dave is who I use) and they will say the street name, but the volume is very low.

I updated to the new V2.0 Voice (Dave again) and the voice is louder but now it doesn't say the street names.

How could I hook my Omnia to transmit out of my car speakers? I don't have built in bluetooth... although I do have a bluetooth speaker.

BTW using Wozzers new 6.5 v3 ROM for Omnia...seems to be more stable.

• 4 weeks later...