Verizon i910 (Omnia) aGPS Unlock Effort

Guest dmk679

Guest ardvarkofdoom

Ahh, good to know... I'm really hoping that the official rom will further enable us to use all these goodies :D

Guest Remsad
Ahh, good to know... I'm really hoping that the official rom will further enable us to use all these goodies :D

I tried to make QPST running for my Telus Omnia but I can't get it working. I tried on both XP Machine with Samsung Drivers (http://vzam.net/) but I can't see the right port in QPST.

With my HTC Mogul, I didn't get nay trouble for the past.

I tried to put the Omnia in Diag Mode, Disable USB with ActiveSync but no hope.

Is it me or the telus version have something not right ?

Guest taz55
Its a bogus setting.

It may work for HTC supplied GPS, but not us.

You can try it if you want. This will enable it.

What it does:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\HTC\SUPL AGPS]

"EnablePDEIPFromNV"=dword:00000000

"ServerIP"="66.174.95.132"

"ServerPort"=dword:000022B8

Which is what advanced configuration reads.

*Shrug*

so does this key make the AGPS work on the omnia?

Guest dmk679
I tried to make QPST running for my Telus Omnia but I can't get it working. I tried on both XP Machine with Samsung Drivers (http://vzam.net/) but I can't see the right port in QPST.

With my HTC Mogul, I didn't get nay trouble for the past.

I tried to put the Omnia in Diag Mode, Disable USB with ActiveSync but no hope.

Is it me or the telus version have something not right ?

1. modem drivers installed - check

2. Did you go to Settings > System > Data Connection > Set "As the modem through USB"

3. Did you add the correct port to qpst?

You dont need to worry about putting it into DM, it should connect to qpst out of the box

Have you or someone dumped the telus rom? If so, can you upload the GPS_XTRA.exe file in the \windows folder for the telus ROM?

Guest Remsad
1. modem drivers installed - check

2. Did you go to Settings > System > Data Connection > Set "As the modem through USB"

3. Did you add the correct port to qpst?

You dont need to worry about putting it into DM, it should connect to qpst out of the box

Have you or someone dumped the telus rom? If so, can you upload the GPS_XTRA.exe file in the \windows folder for the telus ROM?

My problem is the #2, I don't have this sub Menu with Telus Omnia. Any another solutions ?

At this moment, I'm running the original Telus Rom, I can't find any custom rom for my Omnia

post-526670-1241471266_thumb.png

Guest dmk679
My problem is the #2, I don't have this sub Menu with Telus Omnia. Any another solutions ?

At this moment, I'm running the original Telus Rom, I can't find any custom rom for my Omnia

You should be able to enable it somewhere in the registry - I am not sure which location though. Does anyone know?

Can you try this phone code in the dialer: **87284 .... on the verizon rom it brings up Data Connection

Edited by dmk679

Guest Adrynalyne
so does this key make the AGPS work on the omnia?

No. Not even in the slightest bit. Its a setting that does absolutely nil on the Omnia aside from letting advanced config play with it.

Guest Remsad
You should be able to enable it somewhere in the registry - I am not sure which location though. Does anyone know?

Can you try this phone code in the dialer: **87284 .... on the verizon rom it brings up Data Connection

I tried **87284 and no luck. I tried HTC code from Mogul but no succes :D

Guest Adrynalyne
so do we think it may be enabled when the official rom comes out?

I wouldn't count on it.

I would fully expect it to work with VZNav though. Still gives them a competitive edge on their GPS software.

Guest Lisbian08

Has anyone tried looking at the registry entries at the below link. I realize that the site it mainly for i900, but I thought that maybe someone smarter than me would know if those settings would work for an i910. (Specifically those dealing with the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver registry key.

http://mysamsungomnia.wordpress.com/

Guest dmk679
Has anyone tried looking at the registry entries at the below link. I realize that the site it mainly for i900, but I thought that maybe someone smarter than me would know if those settings would work for an i910. (Specifically those dealing with the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver registry key.

http://mysamsungomnia.wordpress.com/

thanks - I have tried this a while ago and it seems to have no effect on ttff for the i910

Guest Remsad
thanks - I have tried this a while ago and it seems to have no effect on ttff for the i910

Anyone with Telus Omnia got an unlock for aGPS ?

Guest krelvinaz

Funny that in a thread named Verizon i910 (Omnia) aGPS Unlock Effort where no one has been able to get aGPS working, you ask about a working version of aGPS for the Telus Omnia...

Guest Remsad
Funny that in a thread named Verizon i910 (Omnia) aGPS Unlock Effort where no one has been able to get aGPS working, you ask about a working version of aGPS for the Telus Omnia...

Un petit finfino toi..

Guest dmk679

I guess it does not hurt to ask. If we can get you hooked up to QPST then we can try some things. Let me know if you are able to get it connected.

Guest krelvinaz

I got my wife an LG Incite (AT&T) the other day. Most of the family is on the AT&T side, where I am the lone Verizon user.

The Incite is a curious phone with wm6.1 and includes a fully working GPS in it.

I was playing around with it and gave the GPS a shot. I loaded Gmaps and had almost instant access as soon as I clicked on the Use GPS on the options menu. No other setup was needed...... 9 and 10 Sats sitting inside.

They also had a simple GPS status app which is something I still have not found on its own. It simply shows the location of the Sats that are viewable and the strength of each of them on a very basic page. I'd love to get that app on the Omnia.

In anycase, it clearly has aGPS working.

Funny thing is that on a forum for it, people are complaining because they want to turn the Assist part off, as it uses data each time... Go figure.

Guest krelvinaz

Hmmm... I copied the app from the LG Incite to the Omnia and it works.

App is called GPSViewer.exe (Even though it calls itself GPS Utility)

Screen shots below:

First is when I turned it on.... no GPS Sats were there...

Second is after about a minute or so and the third is 4-5 mins after that.

I was sitting in the middle of the living room about 15 ft from the window.

post-65252-1241678377_thumb.jpg

post-65252-1241678405_thumb.jpg

post-65252-1241678768_thumb.jpg

Edited by krelvinaz

Guest Foster318

Screen shots below:

That's pretty nice...care to share?

Guest dmk679

Screen shots below:

Thanks for the screen shots on this one.

Here is a link I posted previously to a similar app which shows satellite locations etc. I use it often to determine how long it takes to get locked.

qualcomm gps tool

Guest industrialistic

Just as an FYI I have successfully used the GPS in my verizon omnia. I currently am using a combination of the leaked updated 6.1 rom (new widgets) that I got from this website but that alone did not do the trick. First I went to settings, personal tab, phone, gps, change settings to location on. Then I also had to install "gpsgate2.5" (attached below) and run the wizard. I checked all outgoing ports and manually added the com8 gps multiplexer port in that program set it to i believe 112500 (also change to auto startup so u dont have to do it manually). Then this program will show a green indicator and display running ok. Then using google maps I manually configured the gps setting to that same port "com8" and same setting of 112500. Works great, suprisingly seems accurate to within a few feet. I cant wait till verizon officially lauches this software for everyone. I will try gpsgate2.5 on one of the omnias without the leaked rom and see if it works anyways.

gpsgateppc_34899.zip

Guest Adrynalyne
Just as an FYI I have successfully used the GPS in my verizon omnia. I currently am using a combination of the leaked updated 6.1 rom (new widgets) that I got from this website but that alone did not do the trick. First I went to settings, personal tab, phone, gps, change settings to location on. Then I also had to install "gpsgate2.5" (attached below) and run the wizard. I checked all outgoing ports and manually added the com8 gps multiplexer port in that program set it to i believe 112500 (also change to auto startup so u dont have to do it manually). Then this program will show a green indicator and display running ok. Then using google maps I manually configured the gps setting to that same port "com8" and same setting of 112500. Works great, suprisingly seems accurate to within a few feet. I cant wait till verizon officially lauches this software for everyone. I will try gpsgate2.5 on one of the omnias without the leaked rom and see if it works anyways.

We all have gps working. We want aGPS working.

gpsgate will not get it working on the original rom.

Guest Omega Ra

ummm yeah we know. This thread is about aGPS (assisted GPS) that uses cell towers for faster locks.

Guest krelvinaz

GpsViewer.exe

22k in size, runs at about 80k in memory so it is fairly light. This just displays what sats are available and the signal strength of them and speed if you are moving.

GpsViewer.zip