Use my stickied thread

Guest WoZZeR999

Guest maldonj1

wozzer is there a setting i need to make to get everything to line up when in landscape mode?, when i turn the phone sideways everything is off to the left and not really viewable.. thanks

Guest ruoko
wozzer is there a setting i need to make to get everything to line up when in landscape mode?, when i turn the phone sideways everything is off to the left and not really viewable.. thanks

If your talking about the home screen. Its M2D the today screen plugin. M2D isn't supported in landscape mode.

Guest maldonj1
If your talking about the home screen. Its M2D the today screen plugin. M2D isn't supported in landscape mode.

ok so the weather, media, browser, photos and video, and mail arent supported in ladscape? programs, map search and settings looks fine.

Thanks

Guest blazingwolf
Not sure. I've read that it has to be cooked in.

Anyway, I would try it, but I am obviously too stupid to cook a rom, because I can't even get a slightly modified rom to boot. I cook, and cook, and build, and build, but do I boot? Hell no.

It wasn't cooked in.

If you want some help with your ROM let me know. I'm still working to remove things and make sure everything else works on mine. :excl:

Guest WoZZeR999

Hmm. lots of posts to answer (so forgive me if I forget yours)

Camera: I would assume that it deals with the drivers, I could try to put it in and see what happens though.

Flashing: Follow the instructions on how to flash in the "New i910 Rom thread", then the rest is in my first post

M2D: Landscape. I found one option, if looks like it's a program that runs in landscape, so it doesn't have to redraw M2D. I'm gonna play with it and see if I can get it to cook well.

Everyone: Thanks for the Donations! Leave your username (if it's not obvious) so I can personally thank you!

Guest Apo11on

does anyone know how to disable winblows startup/shutdown sounds? Like what's the registry setting path or where the damned .wav are located? i've been searching modaco and googling for a while :excl:

Guest pazatat2

how many people would be interested in quick menu cooked into the rom if the main menu is gone

edit: screen shot incase no one knows what quick menu is

post-510738-1239755827_thumb.png

Edited by pazatat2

Guest pw-man

Am I correct in observing that there are still some application differences between the i900 and i910 (beyond the carrier apps)? I notice some things don't appear to exist when I try to remove them using SYAKR?

Also, beyond the items that you might be taking out with SYAKR - how can we "document" which files go with which applications - and therefore are safe to remove (assuming you want the application removed)? For example the VZ Appzone files, Navigator files, etc.? Would be nice to either build SYKAR tasks (still trying to understand how to best do that) to remove those or at least document the files so you can manually remove them if you want.

Woozer and Blazingwolf - sounds like you guys have a good idea of the extra stuff to get to a lite rom - for myself, I'd like to get to a generic ROM that has all the vzw stuff removed and stuff that is non-english. So I see files like VZappzone, VZappZonePrime.exe, etc. that I want to remove. Then I see all the finnish, Norwegia, etc. keyboard stuff... I assume I can take all that out (no offense meant to those natives, of course) :-)

what other garbage is lying around that you guys have found??

Can I take VoiceCommand out, for example?

Guest aamon17
how many people would be interested in quick menu cooked into the rom if the main menu is gone

edit: screen shot incase no one knows what quick menu is

I certainly would. I added myself after each rom flashing.

Guest WoZZeR999

Yojoe: I was looking at that, and I can't figure it out either. I will try to look into it more though.

pw-man, I used syakr at first, but since there were differences, I instead did it by hand. I would remove a bunch of files, if I broke something, place them back in 1 by 1. It's a pain, but I'm trying to get the cleanest rom possible, without breaking too much. Oh, and all non-english stuff should be mainly gone (maybe a few things left).

Guest yojoe600

its weird bc sometimes it comes back and somtimes i have to do a hard reset and restore... but i dont know if its an app im installing

Guest pw-man
pw-man, I used syakr at first, but since there were differences, I instead did it by hand. I would remove a bunch of files, if I broke something, place them back in 1 by 1. It's a pain, but I'm trying to get the cleanest rom possible, without breaking too much. Oh, and all non-english stuff should be mainly gone (maybe a few things left).

got it - thanks!

Guest WoZZeR999

Only bug I kow of the the Wifi one. I'm looking into it, and the fix (if it's not CSC related), would be to probably drop a file in the windows directory.

Guest Omega Ra
Only bug I kow of the the Wifi one. I'm looking into it, and the fix (if it's not CSC related), would be to probably drop a file in the windows directory.

Okay, so the video works now? or was that the m2d version that the video locked up on?

Guest maxxve

I don't know if the wifi problem is your fault. I remember when I first got the device it would lose the wifi option under comm manager too. Hard resets would bring it back but it was hit and miss.

Guest WoZZeR999
Okay, so the video works now? or was that the m2d version that the video locked up on?

The video recorder error was a v4 bug. It was iron'd out in v5

Guest Adrynalyne
I don't know if the wifi problem is your fault. I remember when I first got the device it would lose the wifi option under comm manager too. Hard resets would bring it back but it was hit and miss.

Its not just wozzer, its me too. I didn't develop it until v5. I'm leaning towards a registry issue, but I can't seem to figure it out. Toggling power save works temporarily.

Guest pazatat2

so.... should i stop using syakr to delete certaint items?