Use my stickied thread

Guest WoZZeR999

Guest WoZZeR999
Per request:

CC20 Samsung Main Menu. This will install what was stripped out, if you decide you want it. The i910 Main Menu differs slightly from the i900.

http://cid-ab9de24be9af1b9f.skydrive.live....Main%20Menu.cab

Wozzer,

I am not trying to hijack your thread, just thought it would help.

No problem. If anyone wants to post something I took out, go for it!

Guest Adrynalyne
No problem. If anyone wants to post something I took out, go for it!

Wozzer, is there anything I can do to help out in finding the wifi problem? Thats my last Forrest fire :excl:

Guest WoZZeR999
Wozzer, is there anything I can do to help out in finding the wifi problem? Thats my last Forrest fire :excl:

Find out what programs and dll's are used in the wlan and JaguarGSP stuff. Then find out what isn't in the /windows directory.

Guest Adrynalyne
Find out what programs and dll's are used in the wlan and JaguarGSP stuff. Then find out what isn't in the /windows directory.

So far everything seems intact. Both jaguar files are in place, and listed in the registry, as are the wlantest, loader, and autoldr files. Still looking though.

What tweaks did you apply to the rom?

Edited by Adrynalyne

Guest ardvarkofdoom

OK, so I decided to jump on board :excl: I got the version with M2D because I wanted to see what exactly it was. Might need to get that m2dc or whatever it is that people have been talking about...

Guest ardvarkofdoom

As in start the wifi and it suddenly disappear? I'll do my best to check in a minute... I attempted a full restore from SPB backup... which had problems with the rom changes, so I had to do a hard reset. Just as I was tweeking the settings to my taste too :excl:

EDIT: Yes, confirmed missing the Wifi :excl:

Edited by ardvarkofdoom

Guest Adrynalyne

Ok, not sure if this helps, but if I execute wlanloader.exe and choose to unload the driver, then load it, wifi comes back until next soft reset.

So that leads me to believe that wlanautoloadr.exe is not functioning, or not being started. I see it in the init section of the registry though.

Edited by Adrynalyne

Guest ardvarkofdoom

Ok... so I restored all my contacts and such from spb and it did the obligatory restart when it was finished... when my phone rebooted, i suddenly have wifi again

Guest Adrynalyne
Ok... so I restored all my contacts and such from spb and it did the obligatory restart when it was finished... when my phone rebooted, i suddenly have wifi again

wlanautoloadr.exe has been optimized (its smaller than normal). So I copied over an unoptimized version. No dice.

That backup restore you did--what did you restore exactly?

Guest Adrynalyne
PIM Data, emails, text messages, my documents

Can you compare notes with me?

What is listed in your \windows\startup directory?

What is listed in HKLM\init?

Guest ardvarkofdoom

Ok, it's been too long since i've played in the registry.. do I need a reg editer to view it or what would be the best way?

EDIT: is this what you need for windows/startup?

post-523196-1239782974_thumb.jpg

Edited by ardvarkofdoom

Guest Adrynalyne
No worries about the registry and startup. I am comparing with an old backup of mine.

Thanks though :excl:

Well, Im at a loss. Only thing I can think of is maybe one the files doesn't like being optimized.

Take your pick.

wlanloader.exe

wlanautoldr.exe

jaguargsp.dll

jaguargspx.dll

Did the jaguar driver files get optimized? I heard bad things can come from optimizing dlls. The file size in my kitchen, and my phone are different by a few kilobytes.

Maybe I will try replacing the jaguar files in the morning.

Edited by Adrynalyne

Guest varshaska
http://mobile.search.live.com/client/downl...veSearchWM6.cab

Download that one.

Hmm... It's pretty small, that may be another cooked item...

Yup using the correct one, and still getting the error. I will Hardreset, and start again, see if it will fix it. But yeah if you could add it to your receipe the next time you cook that would be awesome.

THANKS AGAIN TO YOU and ADRYN!!

EDIT: Just reflashed with v5, first thing I installed as LiveSeachWM6, and no probs.

NOTE: Wifi is poping up

Edited by varshaska

Guest pw-man
so.... should i stop using syakr to delete certaint items?

wozzer

should i stop using syakr to delete items

pazatat2 - I am going to move away from using sykar - I am going to research into which files / reg settings are removed for each tool, by looking at the source .xml files and working the changes myself. I suppose if any of use had the gumption, we could build i910 specific .xml logic for sykar which would enable automation... ;-) haven't played enough yet to see if I am competent enought to do it :-)

pw-man

Guest pw-man
Per request:

CC20 Samsung Main Menu. This will install what was stripped out, if you decide you want it. The i910 Main Menu differs slightly from the i900.

http://cid-ab9de24be9af1b9f.skydrive.live....Main%20Menu.cab

Wozzer,

I am not trying to hijack your thread, just thought it would help.

Can you summarize what the differences are? I did a seach through the i9x0 forum ("cc20 main menu") but didn't find anything. Thanks.

Guest cheifkeiff

so anything on the wifi issue i also have flash the v5 m2d and wifi is not working not even if i try to start it through easy settings.

EDIT: I powered off all connections then did a quick soft reset now wifi works fine. did a couple soft resets after to make sure it stuck

Edited by cheifkeiff

Guest WoZZeR999

Lots of posts to answer. First, works getting busy, makes updating the rom a pain..

The dll's shouldn't be optimized, I think it's really only the exe's that are optimized.

I noticed that the wifi option was gone. Still testing... In HKLM/ControlPanel/Wifi, there is a timeout key. Try increasing that to 10.

Guest Adrynalyne
Can you summarize what the differences are? I did a seach through the i9x0 forum ("cc20 main menu") but didn't find anything. Thanks.

Location of items as well as different executables. Makes it tough to use themes if they were made for the i910 :excl: