Use my stickied thread

Guest WoZZeR999

Guest Remsad
yea im just gonna preserve but has any1 heard of a

bell/telus rom

am i the first fool to screw up ? lol

I'm getting the Telus Version in 2 weeks and Let Me know how far is your flashing after. I'm very curious to see what Telus stuff I will get with Omnia

Guest WoZZeR999

Sorry I haven't been on the board much lately. Lots of work and other things going on right now. I'm still working on a v6 rom (for those who still follow), which has M2Dv21 working pretty good. I have a few other things to try to fix, but it should be on it's way.

I'm also working on getting WM6.5 up and running. I've hit a few road blocks, but hopefully I can figure out what I'm doing wrong (it boots, then freezes at the 'verizon' loading screen).

Guest aleis
I'm also working on getting WM6.5 up and running. I've hit a few road blocks, but hopefully I can figure out what I'm doing wrong (it boots, then freezes at the 'verizon' loading screen).

YOU CAN DO IT MAN!!

patience is all. heck we waiting this long to do the things we are doing now!

we can wait for a nice 6.5 rom :excl:

Guest WoZZeR999
YOU CAN DO IT MAN!!

patience is all. heck we waiting this long to do the things we are doing now!

we can wait for a nice 6.5 rom :excl:

Heh, a nice WM6.5 rom will take even longer than just a WM6.5 ROM. Hopefully I can get it...

Guest sep222
I'm getting the Telus Version in 2 weeks and Let Me know how far is your flashing after. I'm very curious to see what Telus stuff I will get with Omnia

Haha i would wait for someone to release a canadian specific rom

the only way i can fix this is if someone has a backup from mobiledit ( from omnia canadian cdma)

so im ask around =)

Guest omniaK

1st off...THANK YOU FOR THIS ROM!!

installed your rom with the built in M2d and it is superb, no probs at all. :excl:

2nd, just wondering if its possible to install themes onto it and if so how? I was looking through this thread here and found many really nice themes but dont know how to install them since there isn't a "theme" folder created after the rom install.

Thanks again :excl:

Guest WoZZeR999
1st off...THANK YOU FOR THIS ROM!!

installed your rom with the built in M2d and it is superb, no probs at all. :excl:

2nd, just wondering if its possible to install themes onto it and if so how? I was looking through this thread here and found many really nice themes but dont know how to install them since there isn't a "theme" folder created after the rom install.

Thanks again :excl:

Find M2DC at XDA, and the instructions are the same as a normal M2D theme (with the exception of having to use an M2D Omnia theme.

Guest Apo11on

Eboot interracts between OS and the hardware layer, and i think for wm 6.5 different eboot version might be required. Check the i900 threads of 6.5 cooked roms and see if they had to modify their bootloader, in order to get it to load wm 6.5 properly.

You also might want to search for a tool that is able to log eboot output when it runs, so you could see where exactly it gets stuck during boot.

I've read on other forums screwing your eboot or power failure during eboot flash will brick your phone, while screwing the pda or phone radio part will do no damage - you can just reflash

Guest PCPackrat

For a complete noob, I installed this without a hitch on a brand new Omnia 5 minutes after it left the box. I have never liked all the Verizon crap on my phone and this was a blessing. Also I'm a GPS nut and that was also a pleasant surprise to have working in Google maps.

Had to install the 'full i910WM6.1.REV10.CC20.VZW.img' first and then v5. So far I am a lot happier with this winmo phone then my last. The last one I had I sold after 2 months because I couldn't stand how clunky the interface was. This rom will make it a lot more likely for me to keep this phone.

-MC

Edited by PCPackrat

Guest ciscokidinsf

Thanks WoZZer! I've took the plunge and went with your ROM. You are made of pure awesome.

I've read all 28 pages of the thread so far and glad the Wi-Fi fix worked. However, I'm still NOT successful in CHANGING the ringtone. I've copied the ringtones from ShoKKa (Unhid them and copied them to the Windows folder) and still I only see the default Verizon ringtone in the Phone>Settings page. I've even selected a ringtone via the File explorer, and click on 'use as ringtone' but that one doesn't work either.

So for those who have successfully changed their ringtone, how did you do it? Where are the ringtone files supposed to go so they show up in settings?

Other minor stuff, the FMRadio cab doesn't work (I'll survive but I do want it) and in the programs list I can still see the stupid VZApp, VZ Navigator, despite them not being installed.

[edited because it was FIXED] Anyone knows or remembers the CORRECT entry for HKLM/init/Launch 75 ?

Edited by ciscokidinsf

Guest Adrynalyne

I put together the wifi fix in conjunction with Wozzer--it didn't cause your issue.

FWIW, here are the original settings

Launch75 string value

value: WlanAutoldr.exe

Guest ciscokidinsf

Thanks Adrynalyne! I think you were right.

I had to pull the battery out and then do a soft reset. Phone is back to normal it seems!

Now the only thing is to figure out why the ringtones won't show up in the list of settings.

Guest WoZZeR999
Thanks Adrynalyne! I think you were right.

I had to pull the battery out and then do a soft reset. Phone is back to normal it seems!

Now the only thing is to figure out why the ringtones won't show up in the list of settings.

VZNav and VZAppzone should be gone.

Try putting the ringtone in /my ringtones/. I think it's under my documents.

Guest ciscokidinsf

I wonder if VZ AppZone and VZ Navigator 'came back' because I restored from a full SPB Backup. I have never used either. But there they are. I did restore 'Main Menu' manually. Maybe they are included in 'Main Menu'? They both seem to work, I thought they were leftover icons.

Also, I've tried adding ringtones to the 'My Ringtones' folder and they don't show up on the phone>settings list. They are also on the windows directory (where the Verizon default ringer is located) and no joy.

i910wvzapps.png

Edited by ciscokidinsf

Guest WoZZeR999

Not 100% sure about VZNav and app from backup.

Use the native WM file explorer (not Total Commander), find the ringtone you want, click and hold on it. Set as ringtone will come up.

Guest ciscokidinsf

Use the native WM file explorer (not Total Commander), find the ringtone you want, click and hold on it. Set as ringtone will come up.

Yes WoZZeR that worked for the ringtone. (Although the tone is NOT in the list in phone>settings and if I go to that page, it reverts back to the default) So I have to go back and re-select from file explorer. Its a ghetto hack but it works.

I wonder why the ROM doesn't list all the ringtones in settings (under windows or 'my ringtones' folders) and Im still scratching my head as to why VZApp and VZNav came back from the dead. At least they don't show in the first page of Main Menu as they used to. (thank God)

Guest myoder020

i made a "My Documents" folder on my storage card and put my ringtones in there and they show up in the Sounds and Notifications settings.

Guest missing2
Yes WoZZeR that worked for the ringtone. (Although the tone is NOT in the list in phone>settings and if I go to that page, it reverts back to the default) So I have to go back and re-select from file explorer. Its a ghetto hack but it works.

I wonder why the ROM doesn't list all the ringtones in settings (under windows or 'my ringtones' folders) and Im still scratching my head as to why VZApp and VZNav came back from the dead. At least they don't show in the first page of Main Menu as they used to. (thank God)

im making a backup using SPB Backup as i type and when i glanced down it said it was backing up VZNav so im pretty sure thats how it got back on your phone.

Guest missing2

i love the rom. everything works great. wifi and gps on google maps. thanks =)

when i use the maps search i get interneal error "..\..\common\resource_loader.cpp:11" i have google maps installed and it works if i open it through the programs list. just not through maps search. any ideas?

Edited by missing2

Guest WoZZeR999
i love the rom. everything works great. wifi and gps on google maps. thanks =)

when i use the maps search i get interneal error "..\..\common\resource_loader.cpp:11" i have google maps installed and it works if i open it through the programs list. just not through maps search. any ideas?

I don't remember testing it on v5, but I know it did work in earlier revisions, and seems to work fine on my WIP v6. Did you try to install google maps over the currently installed google maps?

Guest Itlooksfast

I did that before when I do that instead of just putting that one particular song, EVERY song I have on My Storage card shows up under the SOUNDS and NOTIFICATIONS setting. Its annoying cuz everytime I wanna change any setting under SOUNDS and NOTIFICATIONS...its soo slow cuz its loading up all the songs. Anyone know how to fix it that? And the songs are not even listed under MY RINGTONES either. I know I didnt SELECT ALL. I just press and hold the one particular song then SET AS RINGTONE...next thing I know all the songs are loaded.

Guest Arkhilhra

The 'All Programs' button always seem to work..

Are you still working on newer versions Woz? I really like what you've done with your Roms, good job.

Edited by Arkhilhra

Guest charles2995

wozzer are you still working on that secret project?

EDIT possibly a winmo 6.5 rom would be much obliged

Edited by charles2995

Guest missing2
I don't remember testing it on v5, but I know it did work in earlier revisions, and seems to work fine on my WIP v6. Did you try to install google maps over the currently installed google maps?

yes that was the first thing i tried. im going to try it one more time. if it still doesnt work then oh well. still love the rom without it =)