Use my stickied thread

Guest WoZZeR999

Guest Dblocker
M2D update 23 just came out. I may play around with it a bit tonight.

WoZZeR - you sound like you're having way too much fun playing with all this stuff. If it was me I'd say focus on getting 6.5 working - you will be ThE MaN once you release this! Of course it's your time so have fun playing with whatever toys strikes the mood :-) Thanks again.

Guest WoZZeR999
WoZZeR - you sound like you're having way too much fun playing with all this stuff. If it was me I'd say focus on getting 6.5 working - you will be ThE MaN once you release this! Of course it's your time so have fun playing with whatever toys strikes the mood :-) Thanks again.

It's sort of my process of working. I don't devote too much time to one thing (also why change logs are a pain for me). I've tried asking a few forums for my current problem, but I'm not getting any bites yet. Trying a few other routes now (or at least when I get home), but 6.5 may be stuck until I have a few hours to devote to it.

Guest Egin Tollkuci

Sorry for the dumb question, Is there an easy way to backup my contacts withough using a third party program. I was hoping contacts were stored in some text file i can just coopy over everytime i flash so i dont have to keep going to the verizon stoer to add my contacts.

Guest silverback2
Sorry for the dumb question, Is there an easy way to backup my contacts withough using a third party program. I was hoping contacts were stored in some text file i can just coopy over everytime i flash so i dont have to keep going to the verizon stoer to add my contacts.

ActiveSync (or Mobile device Center) and MS Outlook. thats what i do. though if u dont have Ms Office, that could be spendy......

Edited by silverback2

Guest pillagingjack

Open File Explorer, navigate to My Device and copy pim.vol to a memory card. Then once you are with a fresh device, go back into My Device, change the currently exisitn pim.vol to something arbitrary, like q, or 7, or something random. Then go back to your storage card (or wherever you copied the original pim.vol) and copy and past it back in the My Device. Soft reset, and there you have it. Contacts and Calendar backed up!

Guest mickey78

I assume this only works on Verizon US i910 right? Should I stay away from this if I am a Bell Canada i910 user?

It looks amazing tho, nice work!

Guest WoZZeR999

Theoretically, it should work, you just need to use different data/mms settings. I wouldn't try it until an official bell rom comes out that you can reflash with.

Guest Egin Tollkuci
Open File Explorer, navigate to My Device and copy pim.vol to a memory card. Then once you are with a fresh device, go back into My Device, change the currently exisitn pim.vol to something arbitrary, like q, or 7, or something random. Then go back to your storage card (or wherever you copied the original pim.vol) and copy and past it back in the My Device. Soft reset, and there you have it. Contacts and Calendar backed up!

Thank You, exactly what I was looking for.

Guest aterbest

WoZZeR999 - is there a way I can remove/disable that annoying Zoomer app without re-flashing the phone? I've found a regkey with the touchscreen calibration and deleted the key but it had no effect. Is there a startup process or something I can kill?

Thanks in advance!

Guest ely_az
WoZZeR999 - is there a way I can remove/disable that annoying Zoomer app without re-flashing the phone? I've found a regkey with the touchscreen calibration and deleted the key but it had no effect. Is there a startup process or something I can kill?

Thanks in advance!

+1 on that. I have been looking for this answer for quite a while with no success.

Guest Itlooksfast

Im having problem flashing this rom...I did everything in the direction. Open up UMDL then hit PDA and find the file where I extract the file. It loaded. I hit DETECT. Turn my phone off and connect it to the USB then turn it on. And nothing! I waited for 5 mins and nothing still. The USB cable works cuz I try using it through active sync and its working find. So i know its not the cable. What am I missing or doing wrong?

Guest WoZZeR999

Zoomer is removed in my rom. You could try renaming the zoomer.exe with something like total commander.

Try deleting - [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\TecAce\Zoomer]

Edited by WoZZeR999

Guest ciscokidinsf
The USB cable works cuz I try using it through active sync and its working fine. So i know its not the cable. What am I missing or doing wrong?

Hmm, remember Activesync has to have checked off the USB Connection option BEFORE you start the flashing. (Go to 'Connection Settings' and check off 'Allow USB connections') you may have accidentally check the option back.

Guest willyg44

Question:

The text message retry that is in the removed items section... Does this mean there is no way to see if your message was not sent in threaded text message mode? If not, how would I go about knowing? Stupid question maybe, but just making sure this ROM is what I want before I install it! Thanks in advance.

Guest WoZZeR999
Question:

The text message retry that is in the removed items section... Does this mean there is no way to see if your message was not sent in threaded text message mode? If not, how would I go about knowing? Stupid question maybe, but just making sure this ROM is what I want before I install it! Thanks in advance.

No idea, I never played with text retry, sorry. Text delivery notification can still be turned on I think though

Guest jxa4508
Hmm, remember Activesync has to have checked off the USB Connection option BEFORE you start the flashing. (Go to 'Connection Settings' and check off 'Allow USB connections') you may have accidentally check the option back.

Remember to flash with original un-official VZW.img Update as well!

Guest willyg44

Um question. After the flash says completed in the UMDL program and the phone restarts.... how long does it take to boot up? I'm on the Samsung OMNIA black start screen and that light blue line has moved once and now has stopped.... am I bricked? Should I try to hard reset? I'm about to freak :D Not blaming anyone by the way, I just don't understand what went wrong here. I checked off the allow USB connections and everything.

Edited by willyg44

Guest willyg44

Just pulled the battery after about 8 minutes of nothing. I started the phone up and same thing... there was 1 slide to the right of the blue bar then nothing. Ugh... So I'm bricked

Just stuck a pin in to hard reset as well and nothing. :D

Edited by willyg44

Guest Tim-H
Just pulled the battery after about 8 minutes of nothing. I started the phone up and same thing... there was 1 slide to the right of the blue bar then nothing. Ugh... So I'm bricked

Just stuck a pin in to hard reset as well and nothing. :D

Reflash the leaked ROM. You shouldnt be bricked, dont panic yet.

Guest willyg44

I tried to get the leaked rom but the megaupload file is expired/invalid.... someone said they have it on their website, but their website isn't mentioned in their post!!

Guest WoZZeR999
I tried to get the leaked rom but the megaupload file is expired/invalid.... someone said they have it on their website, but their website isn't mentioned in their post!!

http://theidoctor.org/omnia.html

Lemme see if I can compress it to a small enough file size.

http://www.4shared.com/file/102345832/dbfb...20VZWpart1.html

http://www.4shared.com/file/102346382/26ef...20VZWpart2.html

Edited by WoZZeR999