Use my stickied thread

Guest WoZZeR999

Guest Adrynalyne
i have v5 with m2d and it hangs up after the screen turns off. it just doesnt turn back on until i do a soft reset. eny fix to that?

Determine what you have installed that is causing that. Its not the rom.

Guest ardvarkofdoom
Whoa I just realized there is a flashlight now! lol I don't know if that's because of the new vzw ROM or Wozzer's but that's awesome. I haven't gotten GPS to work yet, I did a few resets. My service indicator is switching from 1-2 bars in my house right now. Is that why it's not working? Poor service?

You've ALWAYS had the flash light... it was just more difficult to get to it before :D

Guest iguanad
After messing with it for a little bit I figured out how to flash the .img, but when I try I get a "USB_INITALIZE" after clicking detect then soft resetting my phone. I'm going to have to leave it for a while, any suggestions are appreciated.

I had the same problem. You have to flash the original leaked ROM first. When you select the file it click on "?? + CSC". After the phone is flashed and booted then flash wozzers ROM to the PDA option.

Guest iguanad
I loaded the ROM on my Omnia but it's stuck on the Boot screen...

Please Help

Thank you,

EDIT

reflashed with leaked rom and phone is good

Did you flash the original leaked ROM first?

Guest vslon90
Adrynalyn has a fix a few pages back. I'll track it down later today and put that in the first post. Basically, use total command to change HKLM/Init/Launch75, and rename it to Launch300. That should help.

The only other fix is to reset. Sometimes that fixes it. I always recommend a reset after you flash. Wait 2-3 minutes after you see the WM6.1 welcome screen and hit the start button.

I'll track down what's needed for the FM radio too later today.

i did that and still losing it, eny other fixes

Guest WoZZeR999
i did that and still losing it, eny other fixes

If you ran the cab, did you also delete HKLM/init/launch75?

There is also a key for sychip in HKLM/software I believe. There is a loadwait key in there. I think default is like 150, try upping it to 5000

Guest maxtcee

There is also a key for sychip in HKLM/software I believe. There is a loadwait key in there. I think default is like 150, try upping it to 5000

hey wozzer hows 6.5 comming along heard you got it booting also ive read that m3d is running on omnia any confirmation on that

Guest WoZZeR999
hey wozzer hows 6.5 comming along heard you got it booting also ive read that m3d is running on omnia any confirmation on that

TF3D (not m3d) can technically be run, but it has issues that hold it back from being used (it's like 5 fps, imagine trying to navigate with a lagged slideshow).

6.5 is at a stand still right now, I've got something to try when I get home(couple hours). If it works, it shouldn't be too far off of a release. I'll keep everyone posted.

Guest jcanderson
Disclaimer - This rom worked on my Omnia. If it bricks yours, it is not my responsibility to buy you a new omnia, or call samsung to have them send a new one to you.

With the release (or leak as it may be) of the i910 rom, I got to cooking. This is a release for Verizon phone. So here is:

WoZZeRs Cooked Rom (Real original name... heh)

I've had some 'beta testers' in a thread about the discussion of cooking for the i910.

First of all, this is a rom I am making for myself and sharing with the public, so if I have removed something you want, then find one of the Omnia cab repositories and install it as a cab.

Secondly, I don't *owe* you anything to put in the rom, (or fix if it's beyond my control). With the .img that was leaked, I don't know how to extract the Customer_CSC, but if someone wants to help me, I could get a lot more done.

I recommend that you have flashed with the new ROM (the link is in the New Rom thread for the i910), and after the *228, and all that jazz, it's safe to update with my ROM.

To go over some of the changes I have done,

Things Removed:

VZNav and VZAppZone

Samsung Today and Today 2

Samsung Widgets *1

Non-English Keyboards

All ringtones and backgrounds (except the default VZW ringtone and mountain background)

Digital Frame

Business Card Reader

Dice

Connected Home

FMRadio

'Main Menu'

Movie Video Editor

RSS Reader

Shozu

Silver Inbox

Smart Converter

Smart Memo

Touch Player

Text Message retry

Zoomer

--New in v5--

A few more odds and ends, mostly cleaning out left over stuff

Things added:

M2D (In one of the releases)

Opal Comm manager.

Google Maps

Official Youtube player

WM 6.5 Facebook App

Java

Advanced Config

SD Tuneup (better responce from SD cards)

Total Commander

TCPMP0.81

Various start up tweaks

Link to SMPlayer *4

Fixes:

--v5--

Camera should not lock up in recording mode

Opening an image actually brings you to that image

Included SMPlayer works

How to flash:

Run UDML_Omnia

Click PDA

Find the extracted file from the rar you downloaded

Hit Detect

Restart Phone

Once the phone has completly booted, wait a minute and give it another soft-reset

Here are the links to the files:

Flash OS v5 *2

Flash OS v5 /w M2D

If I deleted a program that you use on a regular basis, Shokka9 has some of the original programs. These are from the i900, but there is no reason they shouldn't work with the i910.

*1 - This is part of the Customer_CSC, so I'm having trouble getting it to work for people who want it. I recommend FEWidgets if you want the same functionality.

*2 - For refrence, the non-M2D one should have about 15 megs of more of free space after a hard reset.

*3 - Follow the instructions here to add custom cities tp the weather tab.

*4 - I have attached a SMPlayer with the remaining codecs that are not included in the windows folder. You shouldn't need this unless you want to use the touch player.

are there any skins for this rom????

thanks

Guest Turborepu

im itching soo bad now that i finally got home so i can put on one of these roms but I might be taking my phone back to verizon due to a bad screen.. then i can fiddle with the new one.. But if wm 6.5 pops before i go out on the road again i will probably give it a go.. heck.. i might not withstand the urge and try it anyhow..

Guest vslon90

still dont work. i also noticed that im not getting all txt msgs is there enything to that?

Edited by vslon90

Guest willyg44

Does anyone have issues with the motion sensor with this ROM installed? Specifically switching from portrait to landscape? From landscape to landscape or portrait to portrait is very snappy, but portrait to landscape or landscape to portrait takes a good 3-4 seconds if not more (sometimes close to 6 seconds) to switch orientation. I have SPB MS3 installed.

Guest WdGldDave
Does anyone have issues with the motion sensor with this ROM installed? Specifically switching from portrait to landscape? From landscape to landscape or portrait to portrait is very snappy, but portrait to landscape or landscape to portrait takes a good 3-4 seconds if not more (sometimes close to 6 seconds) to switch orientation. I have SPB MS3 installed.

It works fine. Etiquette mode too.

Guest WoZZeR999

First of all, first a HUGE thanks to Sector & Khuanchai for helping a newbie in the ways of 6.5 along the way. I am not close to the point of release yet, but getting there.

Secondly....

(tip: read text on screen)

post-472759-1241129376_thumb.jpg

Edited by WoZZeR999

Guest maxtcee
First of all, first a HUGE thanks to Sector & Khuanchai for helping a newbie in the ways of 6.5 along the way. I am not close to the point of release yet, but getting there.

Secondly....

thats the best screen shot ive seen so far haha

Guest monsterpt

Secondly....

WoZZeR,

Great work! I have had both versions load up just fine. I like spb for customizing so I am running that version now. have an unbelievable 93 megs free! Thank you for all of your hard work. Keep it coming, you have won a lifelong tester in me.