Use my stickied thread

Guest WoZZeR999

Guest tedkord
I've got a new screenshot for you. It's a subtle difference, but a pretty good one.

Impressive! Be sure to let us know if the i910 can handle it. And app compatibility, too. (Hope both answers are good)

Guest Turborepu

Damn.. i had to try out the roms.. i installed the m2d one.. i like it.. but i think i will go with the regular one now..

PS.. im tethered on the phone right now.. mwuhahahahaha!!

Edited by Turborepu

Guest charles2995
Damn.. i had to try out the roms.. i installed the m2d one.. i like it.. but i think i will go with the regular one now..

PS.. im tethered on the phone right now.. mwuhahahahaha!!

by tethered, do you mean its connected to your computer via usb and ur getting internet from ur phone?

Guest Itlooksfast

Ok I need help...I successfully flashed with this ROM. Everything was working fine. I did a few soft reset after doing the *228 just for the hell of it. But yea now the phone powers on fine...the screen show and everything. I have noticed the WIFI option just disappear but thats not my concern cuz I really dont use it that often. But the PHONE SETTING itself is not functioning. I tried making a call but it said that my phone is off. Do I want to turn it on? So i click on YES. And NOTHNG!

So I went to the phone setting trying turn it on manually. I see BLUETOOTH and PHONE. Bluetooth is on but the phone is not. So i press on it trying to turn it on. I get the spinning wheel and waited and waited...nothing. Now my PHONE SETTING is still off. So i can use anything. I cant even do a hard reset. I cant even flash another rom. Please help!

Edited by Itlooksfast

Guest Turborepu
by tethered, do you mean its connected to your computer via usb and ur getting internet from ur phone?

Yup, thats what I mean,, now i'm tethered using the barebones rom with no M2D..

Guest charles2995
Yup, thats what I mean,, now i'm tethered using the barebones rom with no M2D..

how do you use internet sharing without going through verizon and samsung's wireless modem monthly access crap?

Guest Turborepu
how do you use internet sharing without going through verizon and samsung's wireless modem monthly access crap?

you need to install the internet connection sharing program.. there should be a thread in the first couple of pages here about tethering on the i910

Guest anamelesssomebody

http://www.modaco.com/content/i9x0-omnia-h...-verizon-omnia/

I just use the usb method to my tablet, its simple, keeps my phone charged and its just for emergencys anyway :D

PS its also more secure then blasting your wifi everywhere for everyone to pick up

Edited by anamelesssomebody

Guest Turborepu

Yeah I just use the ics, no wifi, screw that.. keep inmind that if you do use it heavily the battery will actually drain rather than charge when plugged in the usb.

Guest Itlooksfast

Can anyone help me?? My phone setting will not let turn my phone on. THe phone power is on but the phone SETTING is OFF. So i can make calls or even do a hard reset!

Guest charles2995
http://www.modaco.com/content/i9x0-omnia-h...-verizon-omnia/

I just use the usb method to my tablet, its simple, keeps my phone charged and its just for emergencys anyway :D

PS its also more secure then blasting your wifi everywhere for everyone to pick up

hmm this is quite odd. i get followed the instructions but i get the dreaded unknown error. it says 'cannot connect for an unknown' reason. any ideas?

ps. wozzer- you should add this usb tethering app to the next rom.

Guest WoZZeR999

For those still following my thread, there may be a surprise in store for you tomorrow evening (EST). I will be releasing, not 1... not 2... but 3 versions of my work in progress. Details will follow when I can do a little more testing (during work probably) and can create the thread tomorrow (assuming all goes to plan).

Guest drewbax

You, my friend are awesome. I started with your ROM w/ M2D as my first ever custom ROM. I mooved to adrynalyn's because I had strange locking up issues related to the 3rd party apps I had installed.

I am VERY much looking forward to your WIP. I hate how these things quickly go from hobby to boarderline obsessions, lol.

Great work and way to jump on this thing so quickly, I can't wait to see what you guys do with the official ROM.

Guest silverback2
For those still following my thread, there may be a surprise in store for you tomorrow evening (EST). I will be releasing, not 1... not 2... but 3 versions of my work in progress. Details will follow when I can do a little more testing (during work probably) and can create the thread tomorrow (assuming all goes to plan).

I love you. thats all i have to say. :D

(and will wm6.5 be in that too?? lol :lol: )

Guest jcortes

Sorry if this question has already been asked. I am having problems with teathering my omnia to my pc using ICS and WMWifiRouter I have heard that it is due to the cooked ROM is there a fix for it in here and could some one link me to the page please.

EDIT: Nevermind i think i will just connect it thru usb i usally have it charging anyways so there is no point in the wifi :D thanks

Edited by jcortes

Guest Apo11on

SPB Mobile Shell 3 build 6411 final is released. Hope it works with WM 6.5...6.5 is not listed on SPB site as supported OS

Guest taiyed33
If you have wifi power saving on, I remember reading about a bug where it would drain more power, even if the wifi was turned off. Also, make sure you don't leave google running in the background. If you leave it running, it will keep the gps on.

shut the wifi power saver off and now the battery life is awesome!!!! thanks..

new issue.. webpages will not load.. tried opera, explorer, and facebook app... and ideas???

Guest Omega Ra
SPB Mobile Shell 3. The long delay is apparent when using all programs though.

It's the SPB MS3. I have it as well and I am using adrynalynes ROM. SPB seems to make the rotation react slower, I even have my sensitivity to max..

Guest WoZZeR999
It's the SPB MS3. I have it as well and I am using adrynalynes ROM. SPB seems to make the rotation react slower, I even have my sensitivity to max..

SPB does a lot in the background drawing wise. It adds to the amount it has to redraw every time it switches.

Guest jcortes
shut the wifi power saver off and now the battery life is awesome!!!! thanks..

new issue.. webpages will not load.. tried opera, explorer, and facebook app... and ideas???

Dont know if this is the problem in your case but first try going to

start > Settings > Connections > Wireless Manager > Menu > Disconnect Cellular Data

Then try loading a web page and letting it connect to the network again.

If that doesnt work try going to

Start > Settings > Connections > Connections > Manage Existing Connections > Select Boadband Access > Edit ...

Click Next > and next again > In the section for username and password clear the password leave it blank > Finish

Edited by jcortes