Use my stickied thread

Guest WoZZeR999

Guest maldonj1
Alright maybe this is a stupid question, or has been answered, if so on both accounts, I am sorry, but do i need to flash the original early released firmware, before this, or am I good just to flash this one?

i have been flashing the original early release to be safe and saving t just in case i ever have to revert

Guest WoZZeR999

I don't know if it will work without flashing the original. I have only tested it after flashing the original, which updated the Eboot and CSC section.

Guest trunks67

This isn't that big of a deal but does anyone else have this problem? When I install programs to my memory and have those icons in the programs tab of M2D then do a soft reset the icons dont show. They are only white boxes. I am using v5 M2D. Again not a big deal and may be something I'm doing but wondering if anyone else experience this.

Guest WoZZeR999
This isn't that big of a deal but does anyone else have this problem? When I install programs to my memory and have those icons in the programs tab of M2D then do a soft reset the icons dont show. They are only white boxes. I am using v5 M2D. Again not a big deal and may be something I'm doing but wondering if anyone else experience this.

Unless I'm misreading you, everything shows up in my programs window after a soft reset.

Guest Omega Ra
Unless I'm misreading you, everything shows up in my programs window after a soft reset.

scratch that and reverse it. I think what he is saying is upon first install they aer there and after soft reset they are only white boxes instead of the icons.

Guest WoZZeR999
scratch that and reverse it. I think what he is saying is upon first install they aer there and after soft reset they are only white boxes instead of the icons.

Yeah, that's what I meant. I assign them to a button, picture shows. I soft reset, and picture is still there.

Guest trunks67

The programs are there but they are all generic white window symbols and I can't tell which program is which. Should I just install everything to my device because I found that the programs I install there show up. Its only the programs installed on my storage.

Guest WoZZeR999
The programs are there but they are all generic white window symbols and I can't tell which program is which. Should I just install everything to my device because I found that the programs I install there show up. Its only the programs installed on my storage.

I haven't tested it on 'My Storage', Have you waited for them to load? I'll take a look into that when I get home.

Guest trunks67
I haven't tested it on 'My Storage', Have you waited for them to load? I'll take a look into that when I get home.

My phone has been on for about 2 hours after the soft reset and they are still the generic white windows. I wonder if it has to do with the leaked rom though because I noticed when I flashed that I had an error message when g alarm was trying to load after booting and it was installed in my memory. It was saying galarmloader could not be opened or something like that. Then when I installed it to the device it worked fine. Same happened with wktask. I love this cooked rom though and can live with the white boxes was just letting you know. Thanks again for all the hard work.

Guest Apo11on

I previously posted link in this thread to Magic Button app, which adds close functionality to "X" button in windows, instead of minimize.

While it does work with M2D rom, unlike other ones, posted in this thread - I discovered it also takes over 50% of the CPU, making your device really slow. TouchFlo wont start upon boot, Opera freezes, etc'

Use this one instead: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=283658

I tested it, it's very simple, works great and takes literally no system resources.

Guest Adrynalyne
Went to that site you gave. Getting this error

Err2.jpg

Is anyone else getting this error?

Not I. Sounds like you chose the wrong OS version.

Guest Omega Ra
This is impressive. :excl: This is whith several mb of wallpaper in My Documents :excl:

Question. Why do you have memmaid and cleartemp installed, don't they do the same thing?? I have clear temp but not memmaid..

Guest Adrynalyne
Question. Why do you have memmaid and cleartemp installed, don't they do the same thing?? I have clear temp but not memmaid..

They both work similarly, but do different jobs. I can still clear out crap with Cleartemp that memmaid misses, and so forth. Memmaid allows me access to the databases on the phone for hacking, or clearing out that retard application that refuses to uninstall.

hence, both :excl:

Edit: Deleted wallpapaer I dont use. 97.3mb free, baby!!!

Edited by Adrynalyne

Guest aleis
They both work similarly, but do different jobs. I can still clear out crap with Cleartemp that memmaid misses, and so forth. Memmaid allows me access to the databases on the phone for hacking, or clearing out that retard application that refuses to uninstall.

hence, both :excl:

Edit: Deleted wallpapaer I dont use. 97.3mb free, baby!!!

i got a head rush reading this...now i feel sick  :excl:

i see you have BAF installed is your gps an everything working?

thinking of loading the woz rom :excl:

Guest Omega Ra

NICE. is memmaid free? Cause when I do clear temp it says my cache is 3.2mb, cookies 35.2kb and my history is 32.3 kb...but after the clean it still says cache is 144kb, and cookies and history are 32kb each..

Guest silverback2

sorry to sound like a moron, but how to i flash this and get it installed, i have the new rom on mine, and i tryed useing the same program but idk what im doing... help?

Guest maldonj1
sorry to sound like a moron, but how to i flash this and get it installed, i have the new rom on mine, and i tryed useing the same program but idk what im doing... help?

follow directions step by step?? really straight forward, my 2 1/2 yr old daughter updated mine, :excl: gl

Guest Adrynalyne

Wozzer, have you considered trying to cook in the i900's camera driver, in the event that it enables geotagging?

Not sure if it would, just thinking out loud.

PS--Check your paypal account :excl:

Edited by Adrynalyne

Guest blazingwolf
Wozzer, have you considered trying to cook in the i900's camera driver, in the event that it enables geotagging?

Not sure if it would, just thinking out loud.

There was another post that mentioned this and he/she tried to paste it in and it crashed when the camera was tried. Cooking it in might make a difference but i wouldn't hold my breath.

Edited by blazingwolf

Guest silverback2

i didnt see any directions... i looked all over the post.. i'll look agein

edit:: found it. sry need a pair of glass's i think

Edited by silverback2

Guest Adrynalyne
There was another post that mentioned this and he/she tried to paste it in and it crashed when the camera was tried. Cooking it in might make a difference but i wouldn't hold my breath.

Not sure. I've read that it has to be cooked in.

Anyway, I would try it, but I am obviously too stupid to cook a rom, because I can't even get a slightly modified rom to boot. I cook, and cook, and build, and build, but do I boot? Hell no.