Discuss / Research SPB Mobile Shell 3

Guest vishalm

Guest billpool
hmmm...........

So far not bad - it is taking a bit to discover everything...

Has anyone figured out how to get rid of the calender on the Professional Layout and in the calender widget? All I want to see is my upcoming appointments - I really want to get rid of the silly "grid" calender that always seems to clutter up the bottom. We used to be able to get rid of it in MS 2.1

Any ideas??

I read that the professional screen is NON customizble and that all customizing is to be done on the lifestyle screen.

HTH

bill

Guest smilegod

Spb Mobile Shell PowerToys simply give you the menu editing that was present it MS2 so you can add, remove and reorganise the programs that appear in the launcher menus (Organiser, Multimedia etc). :excl:

PowerToy Version 0.1 (build 6420) for Mobile Shell 3.x consists of Menu Editor. You can download it from here HERE

Edited by smilegod

Guest azathyel

Well, after a week with SPB Shell 3 I must see I'm very pleased with it. I don't know if it drills my battery so far because I'm installing and testing things all day xD . But I have several questions:

- I'd like to change the folder to download the Facebook contact pictures.

- I'd like to know how to change several functions: clock -> G-alarm (not default clock), calendar -> Thumb Cal (not default calendar) and SMS -> other SMS program (like SMS-Chat).

I hope all of this things could be changed from de registry, but still don't know where. Any idea?

Guest necosino
Well, after a week with SPB Shell 3 I must see I'm very pleased with it. I don't know if it drills my battery so far because I'm installing and testing things all day xD . But I have several questions:

- I'd like to change the folder to download the Facebook contact pictures.

- I'd like to know how to change several functions: clock -> G-alarm (not default clock), calendar -> Thumb Cal (not default calendar) and SMS -> other SMS program (like SMS-Chat).

I hope all of this things could be changed from de registry, but still don't know where. Any idea?

Just use ViJay555.com's VJBrisk. It takes 5 minutes per program to do, and works fabulously. I have my clock changed to the samsung clock and my calendar goes to ThumbCal :excl:

Guest fredphoesh
Just use ViJay555.com's VJBrisk. It takes 5 minutes per program to do, and works fabulously. I have my clock changed to the samsung clock and my calendar goes to ThumbCal :excl:

hi there Necosino,

i managed this trick with the clock, but did not see instructions anywhere to do this with calendar.

is it possible to say how, or to point to the place where you got the tip.

I think this forum is great, but threads like this are really counter productive, it would be MUCH better to have one thread per registry hack so one could find stuff without dealing with hundreds of posts.

Thanks mate

Mark.

Guest azmodan22

Still I have not found a way to correct the problem of new SMS not showing in the widget in Lifestile screen.

Can someone help me with that?

Guest necosino
hi there Necosino,

i managed this trick with the clock, but did not see instructions anywhere to do this with calendar.

is it possible to say how, or to point to the place where you got the tip.

I think this forum is great, but threads like this are really counter productive, it would be MUCH better to have one thread per registry hack so one could find stuff without dealing with hundreds of posts.

Thanks mate

Mark.

VJay will work with ANY .exe or .lnk that gets called by any other application, it's great! When you click on your calendar in MS3, it brings up the little agenda screen. Normally when you want to add something you click the little + next to the day, and it brings up the WinMo calendar.

Simply go into the VJay folder, and make a copy of the vjay.exe and then rename it "calendar.exe" (without the quotes, duh) And move it to the \windows\ directory, overwriting the WinMo calendar app (You'll need to use Total Commander or Roscoe file viewer to do this correctly)

Now, I already had a "calendar.lnk" that brought me to Calendar Touch (What I use), so I just renamed that "calendarLNK.lnk" and was done. If you don't have a shortcut, just create one called that, and point it to your calendar program. Now when you go to your calendar in MS3, it should call VJay, which will call your calendar app :excl:

Guest fredphoesh
Simply go into the VJay folder, and make a copy of the vjay.exe and then rename it "calendar.exe" (without the quotes, duh) And move it to the \windows\ directory, overwriting the WinMo calendar app (You'll need to use Total Commander or Roscoe file viewer to do this correctly)

Now, I already had a "calendar.lnk" that brought me to Calendar Touch (What I use), so I just renamed that "calendarLNK.lnk" and was done. If you don't have a shortcut, just create one called that, and point it to your calendar program. Now when you go to your calendar in MS3, it should call VJay, which will call your calendar app :excl:

thanks necosino!

i will give it a whirl...

i am still deciding between calendar touch and pocket informant, the one being more finger friendly the other more powerful, but im not sure i need all those extra features.

Guest jelive
Spb Mobile Shell PowerToys simply give you the menu editing that was present it MS2 so you can add, remove and reorganise the programs that appear in the launcher menus (Organiser, Multimedia etc). :excl:

PowerToy Version 0.1 (build 6420) for Mobile Shell 3.x consists of Menu Editor. You can download it from here HERE

Very nice find...thanks

Jim

Guest azathyel
VJay will work with ANY .exe or .lnk that gets called by any other application, it's great! When you click on your calendar in MS3, it brings up the little agenda screen. Normally when you want to add something you click the little + next to the day, and it brings up the WinMo calendar.

Necosino,

I've checked out VJBrisk and I'd managed to change my alarm to G-Alarm (thanks!), but when I try to change my calendar to Thumb Cal as you explained it didn't work to me, I don't know why. Maybe because the calendar in SPB Shell 3 doesn't run windows default calendar? Maybe it runs tasks or SPB calendar interface (that small black agenda with "+"). Any idea? Thanks a lot!

Guest manosandrea

Hi there !!

Does anyone know ,how we can put an extra panel on the carousel with another ,non- mobile shell ( .exe) program ??

I'm trying to put inesoft address book on the carousel ,but i can't manage it -- i can only add black panels ( with phm registry editor or resco )

Thanks in advance !!

Guest manyrivers
check out spb time, integrates automaticly with ms3. also has more options..ok its not free :excl:

I've got MS3 and Spb Time on my phone. Where do you see integration? I'm not seeing any.

Guest LuigiSlowHand

hi!

i'm new here, and i gotta say, I LOVE OMNIA!

it's the best phone and it has no competition with this app

now

is there a way to change the Proffesional clock from a 12hs format to 24hs?

thx so much for all the tips and info from the forum

Guest Supadan

Hm I too am a user of SPB MS 3 and so far I'm loving it. Still got a lot more custimizing to do, but so far so great :-)

Maybe this is me being picky, but one thing i LOVED about Samsung widgets/M2D UI's was that I could click a button and could go directly into composing a text message. Being a big text messager, is there any way i could get a widget to go directly to composing a new text?

So far it seems like the closest thing i've found to one tap text message composition was SPB's custom "Messaging" widget that requires two touches.

Also! Everytime and I mean literally EVERYTIME i wake up my phone, I always see the Lifestyle screen before s2u2 runs for like a brief second. It's kind annoying cause it makes my phone seem...buggy? Can I fix this?

Running sector's SPBMS3 DXIA5 rom

Guest schumbie

I'm considering installing SPB Mobile 3,

currently i'm running Manila 2D on a 6.5 rom...

The thing i hope you guys can help me with, is if you can skin the text messages in SPB like Manila does?

I really like that you can see your messages/email (previews) in your menu, without having to open the extremely ugly and un-finger-friendly outlook.

thanks

Guest GoldenSpartan

I have to say I love it. Ive tried almost every layout/theme, But I like this one the most.

The professional for everything I need, to the lifestyle for shortcuts via widgets that DONT MOVE everytime you touch them lol. So Im keeping it. Cant wait for someone to skin it!

Guest bga7x
i figured out how to add more pages to lifestyle screen.. bg image pan works fine still

hklm/software/spb software house 2/spb mobile shell/widgets/homescreen

change "pagecount" to desired number.. i put 4. soft reset..

pretty cool keep up the good work!!

Guest azmodan22
I'm considering installing SPB Mobile 3,

currently i'm running Manila 2D on a 6.5 rom...

The thing i hope you guys can help me with, is if you can skin the text messages in SPB like Manila does?

I really like that you can see your messages/email (previews) in your menu, without having to open the extremely ugly and un-finger-friendly outlook.

thanks

Well the counters don't really work in most cases yet... 

maybe in the next version....  :D

Guest new2city
Hm I too am a user of SPB MS 3 and so far I'm loving it. Still got a lot more custimizing to do, but so far so great :-)

Maybe this is me being picky, but one thing i LOVED about Samsung widgets/M2D UI's was that I could click a button and could go directly into composing a text message. Being a big text messager, is there any way i could get a widget to go directly to composing a new text?

So far it seems like the closest thing i've found to one tap text message composition was SPB's custom "Messaging" widget that requires two touches.

Also! Everytime and I mean literally EVERYTIME i wake up my phone, I always see the Lifestyle screen before s2u2 runs for like a brief second. It's kind annoying cause it makes my phone seem...buggy? Can I fix this?

Running sector's SPBMS3 DXIA5 rom

well, you can just create a widget->app->myshortcuts and add in the newsms shortcut.. just rename the ext to lnk

newsms.txt

Edited by new2city

Guest nixxss
Hey guys, this may have been asked or answered in some other thread but is there any way to make the top bar with the start button and other info transparent?

screen05.png

By semmtexx at 2009-04-20

this may have been answered.. still catching up to thread, howeve u go into your today screen settings and change the theme.