Discuss / Research SPB Mobile Shell 3

Guest vishalm

Guest jcacuracl

Anyone know how to change the standard windows alarm clock to the samsung alarm clock instead? If someone could please help me change it, I would really appreciate it. Thanks!!!

Guest Quang05BlkBoxsterS n Omnia
Anyone know how to change the standard windows alarm clock to the samsung alarm clock instead? If someone could please help me change it, I would really appreciate it. Thanks!!!

Can not because they are completely separate programs, just prefer one or the other

Guest jcacuracl
Can not because they are completely separate programs, just prefer one or the other

So, we can't change it from the SPB registry? Hmmm i wonder :excl: . Thanks for the reply!

Guest kensong

Have been playing with this for a day and it is really polished. On the Toch HD, prefer this to TouchFlo 3D. However I miss a few things witch I hope may be added in later versions.

1. Ability to show also Birthdays (from AddressBook) and Tasks under Calendar Options.

2. A widget to show Ram usage

3. A widget to show Store size (used/available/percentage)

Otherwise, I am very happy with this.

Guest Turborepu

i figured out how to add more pages to lifestyle screen.. bg image pan works fine still

hklm/software/spb software house 2/spb mobile shell/widgets/homescreen

change "pagecount" to desired number.. i put 4. soft reset..

the bg image i had works across all four pages now.. so we might be able to use different sizes than the ones spb included. bbl after more tinkering.

Guest justpratik
i figured out how to add more pages to lifestyle screen.. bg image pan works fine still

the bg image i had works across all four pages now.. so we might be able to use different sizes than the ones spb included. bbl after more tinkering.

excellent excellent tweak,

keep up the search.

thankx

Guest justpratik

HELLO,

i have found a problem in spb mobile shell 3.

in the life style mode just try to flip from page 1 to left side or page 3 to right side.

the screen will be flicking.

is it the bug?

Guest Turborepu

thats how its supposed to work, the lifestyle screen is like one big screen split into 3 small ones. when you get to the edge you can still nudge it but it will not go past that.

Guest 3shirts
HELLO,

i have found a problem in spb mobile shell 3.

in the life style mode just try to flip from page 1 to left side or page 3 to right side.

the screen will be flicking.

is it the bug?

I don't have that. If I try to pan 'beyond' the pages the icons all pan away but the wallpaper is there and it's all smooth. Once I let go it slides back to the last page nicely.

Guest 3shirts

This is a great trick. I have so far tested it up to 10 pages and it works fine! :excl:

I have found that the more pages you have, the less the wallpaper moves when panning so the same size wallpaper can be used regardless of how many pages you opt for.

I tried a larger wallpaper but it seemed to resize it the same as it did when I only had 3 panes

Edited by 3shirts

Guest 3shirts
cool, just got to wait for them to release more widgets 10 pages is a lot of space to fill! :excl:

That's just as far as I got in testing. You might be able to have many more, perhaps an unlimited number! I wonder if they plan to allow vertical panning too. That'd be nice

Guest Turborepu

qa_layouts.dat is where the xml files for the screens are. locksreen is the professional one. lockscreen2 is the lifestyle one. xml is beyond my skills, even worse sine i dont have my laptop with so its harder to play with this. same drill as the old spb shell for the dat files.

Guest justpratik
I don't have that. If I try to pan 'beyond' the pages the icons all pan away but the wallpaper is there and it's all smooth. Once I let go it slides back to the last page nicely.

well i m having

the light is getting dim little beat

and then brighter to original.

i think its but

Guest eugopnosaj
That's just as far as I got in testing. You might be able to have many more, perhaps an unlimited number! I wonder if they plan to allow vertical panning too. That'd be nice

If you swipe vertically (either up-down or down-up) it takes you to the professional homepage so unless there's a way to disable it doing this i doubt that'll happen. If you could edit the professional layout then it might be viable but that's probably written directly into the software.

Guest vishalm

So the research carrys on... its nice to see more people posting their findings.

Anyway as some of you have rightly said, the skinning is very similar to MS2.

So we should see themes coming in soon but probably after its officially released.

I tried to HexEdit the exe file and found a few intresting things. There seems to be references to all the apps such as clock, windows calander so I would assume changing these would allow you to load 3rd party apps.

Unfortunately I dont really know how to HexEdit so hopefully someone who does can help us.

Guest Neil5459
yes link is dead. damn i havent slept yet.. and the sun is rising..

HeHe- no sleep till Tuesday then? I think thats the official release day :excl:

Guest Turborepu

nah i dropped my head on the pillow for a few hours. now time to try and make sense out of this xml stuff.. now i wish i woulda brought my laptop with me.. oh well..

Guest Turborepu

ok i edited the widgets.xml file in layouts, copied the medium widgets string and renamed it large. made a copy of the medium dclock widget and renamed it. tweaked the font size. the in the widgets list key in the registry i added the proper items to make it show on the widget list.. IT WORKS but i did not fix the date position or the bmp files .. but its a start..

Guest vishalm
ok i edited the widgets.xml file in layouts, copied the medium widgets string and renamed it large. made a copy of the medium dclock widget and renamed it. tweaked the font size. the in the widgets list key in the registry i added the proper items to make it show on the widget list.. IT WORKS but i did not fix the date position or the bmp files .. but its a start..

Could you post a screenshot and any modified files?

I too wasnt too pleased when i noticed there wasnt a bigger Dclock, so if you get it working that would be great.

I'll have a look aswell later on.

Keep up the great work.

Guest 3shirts

I love how much research and hacking about we are all doing here. This is why I love this forum, no one says "oh it doesn't have x" or "it can't do y" they say "I wonder if I can add x and make it do y". Keep it up