Discuss / Research SPB Mobile Shell 3

Guest vishalm

Guest Turborepu

ok i got it looking better, and i removed the bmp so its just text.. still rough though..

ok rename zip to dat and put those in the spb mobile shell folder.

to make the option appear on the list you need to add a registry key.

hklm\software\spb software house 2\spb mobile shell\widgetlist\4\

make one called DigitalClockLarge

add the two entries like the ones found in DigitalClockMedium but change the values to Large like in the pic.

once you do this restart ms3 from the spb menu launcher, in settings/spb mobile shell(exit spb is found by pressing the lower right corner button while in this menu)

or soft reset..

IM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR DAMAGE DONE OR DATA LOST!

once this is done you can edit the clock dat however you like without having to mess with the files. in the qa_layouts.dat you will find the layoits for the widgets in widgets.xml so you can define more. have fun most of this coding seems logical once you look at it.

sshot010.bmp

sshot009.bmp

sshot008.bmp

qa_layouts.zip

sshot011.bmp

qa_dclock_widget_large.zip

Edited by Turborepu

Guest tom131274

I sometimes perceive as premature and have new buttons and a new digital clock was built. Anyone interested can try it some day if you like it.

http://rapidshare.com/files/222776332/SpbM...gital_clock.rar

http://rapidshare.com/files/222759726/Buttons_new.rar

complete with analog clock

http://rapidshare.com/files/223143361/new_Theme.rar

Screen

http://rapidshare.com/files/222775791/fert...creen_spb_3.jpg

Edited by tom131274

Guest vishalm
ok i got it looking better, and i removed the bmp so its just text.. still rough though..

ok rename zip to dat and put those in the spb mobile shell folder.

to make the option appear on the list you need to add a registry key.

hklm\software\spb software house 2\spb mobile shell\widgetlist\4\

make one called DigitalClockLarge

add the two entries like the ones found in DigitalClockMedium but change the values to Large like in the pic.

once you do this restart ms3 from the spb menu launcher, in settings/spb mobile shell(exit spb is found by pressing the lower right corner button while in this menu)

or soft reset..

IM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR DAMAGE DONE OR DATA LOST!

once this is done you can edit the clock dat however you like without having to mess with the files. in the qa_layouts.dat you will find the layoits for the widgets in widgets.xml so you can define more. have fun most of this coding seems logical once you look at it.

Awesome work m8.

Have you tried creating a larger bg image and packing it in.

Also how about removing the date and creating a seperate widget?

Looking at the method in which you created an additional widget it slighly worries me as its not so user friendly.

Cant really have a standard user modifying xml file and the registery.

It would kill widget development.

anyway hopefully it will be out soon and i'll be relieved of my worries.

Guest Turborepu

hopefully on the release version its easier or they include more widgets. i might try a seperate date one.. i just have trouble since its hsrd to make images on the phone..

Guest theidoctor.org
lifestylelayout1.png

How do you get the clock to look like that?

and im kinda confused on how to get spb's weather 2 to show up instead of the one that it came with...

Guest inite

Whenever i soft reset the phone, i get an error message 'boot.exe error'. Not that my phone is malfunctioning now, but how can i resolve this error?

Im assuming it has something to do with the installation process, cos when i tried installing the .exe file from my PC, it asked to delete my old version of SPB 2.1.5, which i agreed to, and then only to realise installation of SPB 3.0 is unsuccessful due to, i assume, insufficient memory space.

Since then i kept having the error which says 'menulauncher error' which hanged my phone. Managed to get past that after a few reset by clicking on to something else before omnia hanged again, installed spb3.cab file directly instead. No longer has the 'menulauncher error' but still having 'boot.exe error'.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Guest Quang05BlkBoxsterS n Omnia

Is it just me or I've noticed that the battery seemed to drain a bit faster from full charge when I only played around with SPB shell3 for about 1 1/2 hrs (80% left), with only a few minutes of phone call and nothing else, assuming 6 hrs of continuos usage. Before with wifi on and online downloads for the same amount of use hours it showed 90% :excl: .

Guest jangwl

I am not sure why I was unable to install on my Omnia. Always give me installation unsuccessful.

Edited by jangwl

Guest inite
I am not sure why I was unable to install on my Omnia. Always give me installation unsuccessful.

I had this exact problem. Look out my description 2 posts on top. Mine was due to insufficient memory space. Cos when i installed from the installer, it seems to install the cab on my device without prompting where i want it. Solved the issue by downloading the cab file directly.

Guest Lancez
I had this exact problem. Look out my description 2 posts on top. Mine was due to insufficient memory space. Cos when i installed from the installer, it seems to install the cab on my device without prompting where i want it. Solved the issue by downloading the cab file directly.

how'd u get the cab file?

Guest Neil5459
how'd u get the cab file?

Sorry to bang on about this, but the only people authorised to download either the exe or cab installer are Spb beta testers, who have to agree not to allow the program to be released in the wild. There have been a number of unauthorised links within this and other topics, but in accordance with MoDaCo, and Spb's rules, we have had to remove those.

You will be able to download the cab file from Spb when the program is released, hiopefully early next week :excl:

Guest tom131274
I sometimes perceive as premature and have new buttons and a new digital clock was built. Anyone interested can try it some day if you like it.

http://rapidshare.com/files/222776332/SpbM...gital_clock.rar

http://rapidshare.com/files/222759726/Buttons_new.rar

complete with analog Clock

http://rapidshare.com/files/223143361/new_Theme.rar

Screen

http://rapidshare.com/files/222775791/fert...creen_spb_3.jpg

Guest Lancez
Sorry to bang on about this, but the only people authorised to download either the exe or cab installer are Spb beta testers, who have to agree not to allow the program to be released in the wild. There have been a number of unauthorised links within this and other topics, but in accordance with MoDaCo, and Spb's rules, we have had to remove those.

You will be able to download the cab file from Spb when the program is released, hiopefully early next week :excl:

i am sorry about that, like this forum very much.....dont wanna get u guys in trouble......PM might be the way to ask some not so wisely Qs :excl:

Guest Darren XVI
I can't access the dialer from the homepage, either on professional or the lifestyle layout. Anyone else?

Same problem here. :excl:

Guest Mattster_SPV

Stopping sim contacts from appearing in the spb contact page

Does anyone know if there is an option or method yet of stopping sim contacts from appearing in the spb contact page? I know duplicate names was a problem with earlier spb mobile versions, and I can't remember if anyone found a successful way of getting rid of them?

Thanks,

Mattster.

Edited by Mattster_SPV

Guest dwallersv

I just installed it, and absolutely love it. My history (in brief) is: Treo w/SpbMS for several years; got an Omnia in Jan, didn't like MS2 compared to M2D, so went with M2D and have been there ever since.

MS3 is way better than M2D -- I'm permanently switching. (don't argue, folks -- this is purely subjective stuff)

A few comments in response to a prior post:

I like MS3 but I miss a couple of things ...

- I don't like SPB Calender ... To view the calender is good ... but to enter a new appointment/task .. it uses the default WM style ...

I like to use ThumbCal ... also here no possibility to change it ... (or I don't know how )

I'm a thumbcal fan too, and would like it if it was possible to integrate it with pressing the calendar widget on MS3. However, it's easy to put a button for ThumbCal on the same page with the calendar, (Add Widget, select "Application", then scroll down to ThumbCal and add it), so there are no more presses to get to it than by clicking the calendar. Only price paid is for the space on the display for the little ThumbCal icon in the widget -- small price given that the LifeStyle mode is three display widths wide.

I have this same complaint about the clock, and alarms -- I want tclock to come up, not WM lamo clock app. I used the same solution as for ThumbCal for this too. It's actually better in one way as you get to tclock in fewer presses anyway with a widget on the home screen for it.

- I like the integration with SPB Weather 2 ... (best weather soft around !! imho)

SPB Weather 2 is quite nice, but doesn't rise to the level of Weather Panel, a Today plugin (consumes the entire Today screen, so can't be used with other plugins). WP has awesome animated wealther graphics, 10-day forcasts, weather graphs (precip chance, temp, wind, etc.), weather maps and traffic cams, and more.

And the really nice thing is, it integrates well with MS3 in this way: Just set it up as the sole Today plugin, and then switch to it from MS3 with two clicks (the lower-right menu button, click "Show Today"; go back by clicking Spb Home right softkey).

Gotta say that the full, spinnable globe in SpbWeather is really cool, with the weather overlays (sat image, etc.). The coolness of that may be enough for me to buy it. WeatherPanel still kicks ass on it though, and it's free.

Guest dwallersv

Yes. The installer lies to you and makes you think you can choose a different locale than main memory for installation buy asking you (on the PC) where you want to install it. This is completely ignored.

It installs in main mem, and sucks down about 7 meg.

Still, that's a ton less than the 20 that M2D grabs, and for me I get a lot more functionality out of MS3. So it's a big win for me -- that is, if I can figure out how to remove M2D. I don't want to have to rebuild my complete setup from a hard reset.

Guest Darren XVI
Stopping sim contacts from appearing in the spb contact page

Does anyone know if there is an option or method yet of stopping sim contacts from appearing in the spb contact page? I know duplicate names was a problem with earlier spb mobile versions, and I can't remember if anyone found a successful way of getting rid of them?

Thanks,

Mattster.

Well, to hide the SIM contacts from the normal phonebook, you needed to go to HKCU\ControlPanel\Phone, then change "ShowSim" to 0. However, I tried it and it doesn't seem to work for the SPB contacts page. :excl:

Guest theidoctor.org
Yes. The installer lies to you and makes you think you can choose a different locale than main memory for installation buy asking you (on the PC) where you want to install it. This is completely ignored.

It installs in main mem, and sucks down about 7 meg.

Still, that's a ton less than the 20 that M2D grabs, and for me I get a lot more functionality out of MS3. So it's a big win for me -- that is, if I can figure out how to remove M2D. I don't want to have to rebuild my complete setup from a hard reset.

i didnt mind it too much cause it makes it run so much smoother.... im sure, combined with a cooked rom, it is amazing!

Guest ardvarkofdoom

I had no MS or M2D for the longest time until Wozzers v5 ROM came out... I decided to give M2D a try and once I figured it out and was able to start configuring it, it was kinda nice... then MS3 came out and I've been playing around with it. I must say that I'm liking MS3 MUCH more. Very easy to use and configure. I like how I can switch to the Today screen, turn on GPSToggle, and switch back to MS3 :excl: When even I click on the weather icon and start trying to load cities, it just has the loading icon, but never loads. Even when I try to end all tasks and do something else, it continues to have the loading icon in the middle of the screen until I soft reset