Discuss / Research SPB Mobile Shell 3

Guest vishalm

Guest 3shirts
3shirts for replying. I've read the thread.. you read my question again :excl:

Soz, I was replying to the first part of your thread where you said "What i dont like is that you cant change the the menu's in launcher, you cant put the lay out of the catergories on grid"

You can change both by going to HKLM\Software\SPB Software House 2\SPB Mobile Shell\Menu\Root

In each folder is a string called DrawType which sets Grid or List and the other customisations are as mentioned earlier in the thread (and you have already done)

For launching directly to the menu instead of favourites I am not sure you can but what you can do is make a favourite point to a category, so you could essentially make the favourites list the same as the other pane.

Just tap the bottom right button and 'Edit Favourites' then tap a space. When the list of apps comes up expand the folder you want and at the top will be a shortcut with the name and icon of that folder. Select that.

Repeat that for all 8/9 categories and also switch to Simple Mode.

If you add 3 more apps to the bottom of the favourites list (giving you 12 in total) you push the recent list off the bottom too, which I find neater.

Guest jclsm
Has anyone figured out how to change the location of the ringtones for the contacts? It appears to be pointing to /windows.

Thanks

Yeah, I'm looking for this too. I think we should change a XML file but I dont find which one. :excl:

Guest mementomori
Soz, I was replying to the first part of your thread where you said "What i dont like is that you cant change the the menu's in launcher, you cant put the lay out of the catergories on grid"

You can change both by going to HKLM\Software\SPB Software House 2\SPB Mobile Shell\Menu\Root

In each folder is a string called DrawType which sets Grid or List and the other customisations are as mentioned earlier in the thread (and you have already done)

For launching directly to the menu instead of favourites I am not sure you can but what you can do is make a favourite point to a category, so you could essentially make the favourites list the same as the other pane.

Just tap the bottom right button and 'Edit Favourites' then tap a space. When the list of apps comes up expand the folder you want and at the top will be a shortcut with the name and icon of that folder. Select that.

Repeat that for all 8/9 categories and also switch to Simple Mode.

If you add 3 more apps to the bottom of the favourites list (giving you 12 in total) you push the recent list off the bottom too, which I find neater.

tnx...for your explanation.. those are some good tips.

:excl:

Guest yojoe600

is there a way to get mobile shell to recognize ringtones in another folder than the one in windows... my ringtones are in a "My Ringtones" folder in my storage and i want mobile shell 3 to see them so i can assign them to contacts.

Guest xfer85
What you do is replace the exe with a copy of VJBrisk that has been renamed. It then looks for a shortcut and runs that.

For example (I have done this):

If you have SPB Mobile Shell 3 tapping the clock loads the windows alarm interface which is actually an exe called clock.exe and lives in the Windows directory.

I renamed VJBrisk.exe to clock.exe and copied it to the Windows directory, overwriting the existing clock.exe

I then created a shortcut (.lnk file) to G-alarm and named it clocklnk.lnk

I placed that inside the Windows folder as well.

Now when you tap the clock in Mobile Shell 3 it tries to invoke clock.exe which is now actually VJBrisk. That, in turn looks for and runs the clocklnk.lnk thereby running G-Alarm. So now when I tap the clock, I get g-alarm. Perfect!

You can do this with any exe by simply overwriting <PROGRAM>.exe with a renamed copy of VJBrisk and putting a shortcut in the same folder with the name <PROGRAM>lnk.lnk

Great tool!

Thanks for the explaination. I've tried but it doesnt seem to work.

http://img16.imageshack.us/my.php?image=56689971.jpg

Placed the file where i think it should (in the screenshot).

Do i have to install the .cab file on my hp first? I've done that, renamed the .exe files to the above names.

How do i 'create a shortcut (.lnk file) to G-alarm'? I might have gotten this step wrong.

Guest 3shirts
Thanks for the explaination. I've tried but it doesnt seem to work.

http://img16.imageshack.us/my.php?image=56689971.jpg

Placed the file where i think it should (in the screenshot).

Do i have to install the .cab file on my hp first? I've done that, renamed the .exe files to the above names.

How do i 'create a shortcut (.lnk file) to G-alarm'? I might have gotten this step wrong.

Hmm, that link doesn't seem to show a picture!

Assuming you are doing this for g-alarm you need to place the copy of VJBrisk that you have renamed to clock.exe into the windows folder on your device. To do that you will need Resco File Explorer or Total Commander as you need to overwrite the clock.exe that is currently there.

Then browse to \Program Files\ageye\G-Alarm (or wherever yours is installed). Hold down on G-Alarm.exe and select 'Copy'

Now browse to the \Windows folder and 'Paste Shortcut'

This will create a shortcut called G-Alarm.lnk so find that and rename it to clocklnk.lnk

EDIT: I just tried this with Total Commander and I'm not sure how to create a shortcut with that, I use Resco. Can anyone advise?

Edited by 3shirts

Guest dwallersv
where is the option for add file?

is it when you push add widget?

Ditto. I can find no "Add File" button/option/selection anywhere.

BTW, the favorites I want to create a button from are Opera favorites -- not PIE.

Guest aleis

BTW, the favorites I want to create a button from are Opera favorites -- not PIE.

+1 

waiting...also waiting for imarche to make us a theme!!

it is already on lifstyle page...lower left button...

Yes I know but I must scroll to Caursel... I want direct link to that.... Or is there shortcut at contacts page to Caursel ?

Guest thor7777

anyone notice that the screen doesn't come back to full brightness from locked state? When I lock my phone the screen goes dim, but upon unlocking it, the screen doesn't come back to regular brightness. Anyone else get this?

Guest serexa

Got two questions:

1- Would it be possible to not see the "Start" band at the top, so that Spb covers the whole screen?

2- Any way to add the "signal level" as a widget to the home page?

Guest dwallersv
anyone notice that the screen doesn't come back to full brightness from locked state? When I lock my phone the screen goes dim, but upon unlocking it, the screen doesn't come back to regular brightness. Anyone else get this?

Known Omnia bug, not a problem with MS3.

Only way to work around this is to disable the screen dimming timeout. It's pretty useless anyway, as it really doesn't save much power at all. The big savings is from ensuring that the device sleeps/suspends after a period.

Go to Start->Settings->System->Power->Battery Power, and uncheck the "Turn off backlight if device not used for..." item. Make sure that you have selected "Turn off device" in the dropdown above that, and set the timeout to suspend right below it to your tastes (3 minutes works pretty good for me, but this is a personal thing).

Do the same for the "External Power" tab, set the timeout for sleep again to your taste.

Guest 3shirts
I cant use vjbrisk with clock.exe beacause it says me that it is in rom memory.

How to do it?

You need to use a file explorer that allows you to overwrite files in ROM. I use Resco File Explorer but I think Total Commander does too and that's free.

Guest thor7777
Known Omnia bug, not a problem with MS3.

Only way to work around this is to disable the screen dimming timeout. It's pretty useless anyway, as it really doesn't save much power at all. The big savings is from ensuring that the device sleeps/suspends after a period.

Go to Start->Settings->System->Power->Battery Power, and uncheck the "Turn off backlight if device not used for..." item. Make sure that you have selected "Turn off device" in the dropdown above that, and set the timeout to suspend right below it to your tastes (3 minutes works pretty good for me, but this is a personal thing).

Do the same for the "External Power" tab, set the timeout for sleep again to your taste.

ok thanks, i'll try that

wierd that it never happened before i installed MS3.......

*UPDATE* Nevermind, figured out what was wrong. Apparently the screen won't return to regular brightness from unlock when connected to the PC or external power....

Edited by thor7777

Guest 3shirts

The only way to add a file as a widget is a bit long winded:

First go into the launcher menu (right pane with the categories). Go into 'My Shortcuts' (or any other if you have done the reg tweak to allow customising the other menus), now tap the right button and 'Add File'.

Once it's added here you can go back to the Lifestyle Home and: Add widget > Application, then choose the link you just created.

I haven't worked out a way of doing this for Opera Favourites though as they are not stored as separate files like IE ones are

Guest maldonj1
Purchased from Handango and have downloaded to PC and OTA - installation is unsuccessful either way. :-(

Any suggestions?

was getting same problem on my omnia using the cab, performed a hard reset on main memory, then went to their site and ran the installation which installed via active sync, installed no problem.

i noticed i was stull running with touch flow so to free up space and speed i reflashed my phone to original VZW rom then reinstalled spb over that, seems to run a tad slower, but not too worried since i seem to be flashing my phone every few days until i get it just the way i want.

Guest kersey

Love the software but am having a problem when someone phones me there is no caller ID displayed so I have no idea of who is phoning :excl:

Anyone else got this problem??

Guest zabique32
Hmm, that link doesn't seem to show a picture!

Assuming you are doing this for g-alarm you need to place the copy of VJBrisk that you have renamed to clock.exe into the windows folder on your device. To do that you will need Resco File Explorer or Total Commander as you need to overwrite the clock.exe that is currently there.

Then browse to \Program Files\ageye\G-Alarm (or wherever yours is installed). Hold down on G-Alarm.exe and select 'Copy'

Now browse to the \Windows folder and 'Paste Shortcut'

This will create a shortcut called G-Alarm.lnk so find that and rename it to clocklnk.lnk

EDIT: I just tried this with Total Commander and I'm not sure how to create a shortcut with that, I use Resco. Can anyone advise?

Just Link Creator 1.3 - Shortcut Creator

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=494613

Guest xXJohnXx
Love the software but am having a problem when someone phones me there is no caller ID displayed so I have no idea of who is phoning :excl:

Anyone else got this problem??

no problems here :excl:

Guest fastevolutionviii
Got two questions:

1- Would it be possible to not see the "Start" band at the top, so that Spb covers the whole screen?

2- Any way to add the "signal level" as a widget to the home page?

Both would be fabulous! I can see a signal strength widget appearing before the start menu is hidden however.

Guest azmodan22

Has anyone tried to put a background in the other screens besides the lifestyle view?

It would be very nice if all the other menus were not just black. There is no 'button' to change their background so there might ba a way to tweak the registry a bit in order to do it.