OmniaTMC Beta 2 (and unofficial Beta 3)

Guest BeamRider

Guest BeamRider
welcome back

beta 3 not works, i've got this:

OpenDevice: FAILURE

Error: The specified network resource or device is no longer available.

SDKCert cooked in, readded via cab but no change

reinstalled beta 2, still working

Someting is wrong with the new certs cab from the link I posted (soem certs are missing, but I'm not an expert on this matter), would you mind to try with the one attached on this post?

Source is: Windows Mobile 6 SDK TEST-ONLY Certificates: new CAB and XML Provisioning

Thanks

NewCerts.zip

Edited by BeamRider

Guest BeamRider
now works, tnx , tomorrow i'll test it in a traffic jam :D

Fine ... keep me posted and pls take a log so I can check the tuning fix (a session is just enough!)

EDIT: since I was off-board for long time and I just noticed the good work made by by phj on the i8000, the porting of OmniaTMC to Omnia II becomes a waste of time. If phj agrees, I will port my i900 low level driver to be compatible with his work and HyperGPS.

Edited by BeamRider

Guest ink nero

well, maybe it's my issue but frequency is always at 0.0 Mhz and sometimes autosearch keeps on even if a TMC station is tuned.

Igo auto or manual tuning seems that is ignored. I'll send you log of a failed session

beta3.jpg

Guest BeamRider
well, maybe it's my issue but frequency is always at 0.0 Mhz and sometimes autosearch keeps on even if a TMC station is tuned.

Igo auto or manual tuning seems that is ignored. I'll send you log of a failed session

beta3.jpg

I see ... It's a regression from last fix and, thanks to the logs you sent, it has been quite simple to catch.

I have the 0.9.5.2 ready but, since I don't want to distribute broken code anymore I will send it directly to who's interested in testing.

Guest olnima

For me installation and following procedere works without any problems (tested only at home, will test it again when driving in my car on weekend and post results here at the beginning of next week): Start->tune to station with tmc-messages->end->start igo. Frequency in igo is tuning automatically, messages are comming in, everything as it should.

Thanks again,

Olnima

Edited by olnima

Hi all,

I'm successfully using the 0.9.4.1 version, but it seems to drain my phone battery very quickly, so I'd like to test the newest one (I suppose 0.9.5.2), could someone possibly email it to me? Thx [email protected]

Edited by myso

Guest olnima

Because of this

...since I don't want to distribute broken code anymore I will send it directly to who's interested in testing.

statement from beamrider I will not sent the beta 3 to anyone.

I'm sure beamrider will answer You soon but it's not my part to do things for him that he wants to do himself.

Sorry,

Olnima

Guest BeamRider
Because of this

statement from beamrider I will not sent the beta 3 to anyone.

I'm sure beamrider will answer You soon but it's not my part to do things for him that he wants to do himself.

Sorry,

Olnima

Thanks for beingo so kind ....

I've just sent the new version to all users asking for. Actually I'm in UK to test some hardware and I'm in a lab almost all day, hotel is nice but with poor WiFi signal. This means some delays in answering until the end of august, with september I'll be back at home :D

Guest olnima
For me installation and following procedere works without any problems (tested only at home, will test it again when driving in my car on weekend and post results here at the beginning of next week): Start->tune to station with tmc-messages->end->start igo. Frequency in igo is tuning automatically, messages are comming in, everything as it should.

Thanks again,

Olnima

MISTAKE...!!! When I was testing it, it shows 0.9.4.1 in tmc-message-window, seems to be still the old version -> was working as described above. BUT, today I started it again and it shows 0.9.5.1 and I get the 0,0kHz-error which user 'ink nero' in post no. 455 already mentioned. Maybe You (beamrider) sent the wrong version (0.9.5.1 instead of 0.9.5.2) to me?

Thanks,

Olnima

the time/date of the files WITHIN the 'OmniaTMC_0_9_5_2.CAB'-file are from 12.8.2010, 8:49pm - 9:12pm...

//EDIT! - PS.:

just gone back to 0.9.4.1 working and tuning (<> "0,0" kHz) without any problems, so there seems to be still a mistake in beta3.

Edited by olnima

Guest GILshl

the same "0.0" not working.

after install 9.5.2.

primo alert that the gps is closed...

return to 9.4.1 working fine

Edited by GILshl

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Fiffie1625
Someting is wrong with the new certs cab from the link I posted (soem certs are missing, but I'm not an expert on this matter), would you mind to try with the one attached on this post?

Source is: Windows Mobile 6 SDK TEST-ONLY Certificates: new CAB and XML Provisioning

Thanks

Does it work as a standalone? Because my installation of OmniaTMC 0.9.4.1 fails because of missing signatures.

Anything more to install?

• 1 month later...
Guest tristobalfr

Hello,

I have donwloaded beta2 and thats work very well, only sometimes i must deactivate tmcserial and fmradio because not sound on speaker on igo8.

If you seach beta tester for beta3 i m ready fort his.

ANd big thank you for your works

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 5 months later...
Guest DrIngVa

could not get any station, autoscan/manual scan does not work. (igo)

found a station on omniatmc.

stuck on channel 87.5 no tmc signal. (igo)

any suggestions?