OmniaTMC Beta 2 (and unofficial Beta 3)

Guest BeamRider

Guest BeamRider

Do I have to keep TMC Setup running to use Igo, or can I click "ok" and close it?

Otherwise, my thanks again to you and all the testers that helped put this together - if it saves me from one, just one traffic jam, I shall sing your praises!

TMC setup is only needed to configure/reconfigure the driver .. once done (so from now on in your case) you can forget it.

You are very welcome :excl: I also forget to name the testers on the document (I wanted to) but from next release on, everyone will be named!

@jeffrey200: let's try with some logging (a good practice for everyone experiencing detection problems)

1. open OmniaTMC setup
  2. deactivate TMCSerial
  3. enable the following log options: CALLS, RDS, EXT, RX and TX
  4. activate TMCSerial
  5. launch iGo
  6. configure TMC to port 4 and let it try to discover the device
  7. close iGO
  8. open OmniaTMC setup
  9. deactivate TMCSerial
  10. disable all the log options (always leave Mix enabled)
  11. activate TMCSerial
  12. take the following files \TMCSerialLog.log and \TMCDump.log then send them to me to the email address you'll find in the PDF

I'll take a look for possible problems

Guest KingKoresh

Noticed another bug (I think). As posted above, everythign seems to work ok (except I need to get into an area with better reception) with IGO now scanning the different freqs looking for TMC. So far so good.

Problem comes when I exit IGo and re-start it later - TMC is lost and it won't find it again til I soft-reset. Seems good only for one time use!

Oh, its Igo 8.3.2.64873 if that makes any difference...

[edit]

Just seen your post - logging is a good idea - thats what its there for! :excl:

Since posted above have noticed that it will now detect after a restart of Igo - very weird.

When I turn on the logging options and turn on the Serial, thats fine. I start Igo and then shut it down. Then I turn off Serial again, but when I go to turn it back on (after deselecting logging options) it says "GPS port not found". Only solved by a soft reset.

have emailed log files to you already.

Thanks!

Edited by KingKoresh

Guest 3shirts
Noticed another bug (I think). As posted above, everythign seems to work ok (except I need to get into an area with better reception) with IGO now scanning the different freqs looking for TMC. So far so good.

Problem comes when I exit IGo and re-start it later - TMC is lost and it won't find it again til I soft-reset. Seems good only for one time use!

Oh, its Igo 8.3.2.64873 if that makes any difference...

Yeah I just tried and found the same behaviour. Only works for the first run of iGo after a soft reset

Guest scottath

Sort of works.....

The program displays the raw data.

iGo (cannot remember version) sees the TMC

I cannot change the channel - iGo will disconnect from it every 20-30 seconds nad pick it back up again after.

No actual information is displayed in iGo's "Traffic Events" menu

Guest BeamRider
Yeah I just tried and found the same behaviour. Only works for the first run of iGo after a soft reset

Really odd .. I just tried the same procedure and I am getting TMC online every time :S

Have you tried to deactivate and reactivate TMCSerial instead of soft resetting?

After the first iGO session, can you open the serial port with something else? (like putty ore some terminal emulation).

Would you mind to take a log and send it to me?

I'm using 8.3.2.80621

Guest 3shirts
Really odd .. I just tried the same procedure and I am getting TMC online every time :S

Have you tried to deactivate and reactivate TMCSerial instead of soft resetting?

After the first iGO session, can you open the serial port with something else? (like putty ore some terminal emulation).

Would you mind to take a log and send it to me?

I'm using 8.3.2.80621

If I try to deactivate and reactivate TMCSerial I get that error about GPS port not found

Guest BeamRider
If I try to deactivate and reactivate TMCSerial I get that error about GPS port not found

The error you see is given by the tool if the GPS port given is not available, are you sure that your GPS is on port 3?

Would you mind to check to Settings / External GPS / Programs ?

Guest pekkala89

On my omnia it sometimes feels like igo closes external gps port when you close igo. After that the external port is only usable when igo is running and activating gps port 9.

Guest BeamRider
On my omnia it sometimes feels like igo closes external gps port when you close igo. After that the external port is only usable when igo is running and activating gps port 9.

That should explain everything ... anyway, I don't know how in the world can iGO break the WM GPS multiplexer. Which iGO version are you using?

Anyway, a log trace will enlight the problem.

Guest pekkala89

My Igo version is 8.3.2.64873

@jeffrey200: let's try with some logging (a good practice for everyone experiencing detection problems)
  1. open OmniaTMC setup
  2. deactivate TMCSerial
  3. enable the following log options: CALLS, RDS, EXT, RX and TX
  4. activate TMCSerial
  5. launch iGo
  6. configure TMC to port 4 and let it try to discover the device
  7. close iGO
  8. open OmniaTMC setup
  9. deactivate TMCSerial
  10. disable all the log options (always leave Mix enabled)
  11. activate TMCSerial
  12. take the following files \TMCSerialLog.log and \TMCDump.log then send them to me to the email address you'll find in the PDF

I'll take a look for possible problems

Do I record same log as you have posted above?

Thank you very much for your hard work BeamRider.Its working on latest Igo from March 10.I advise people to add this to their sys.txt if they dont have it there already.

[tmc]

port=<number>

speed=<baud>

Again thanks

Guest BeamRider
My Igo version is 8.3.2.64873

Do I record same log as you have posted above?

Yes please :excl:

In the meanwhile I will look for 8.3.2.64873 to test in my own mobile

Guest theidoctor.org
Yes please :excl:

In the meanwhile I will look for 8.3.2.64873 to test in my own mobile

i think i might have the same version.

Guest marco007

Hello... ehm... just one problem... the item in the list protocol is blocked (without the possibility to change it) to off.... what I did wrong?

Ok ok... the answer is inside you... but it is wrong.... I found in the previous page a note on what to change in the registry in order to see the royaltek...

Another edit.... ok... well... it works.... great.... hope now to find a trafic jam while returning to home

Edited by marco007

Guest Dr Nicky
That message comes out when AdvFMRadio is not starting up. Possible causes are:
  • SDK Certs is not installed
  • File AdvFMRadio.dll missing from \Windows
  • Check that "\HKLM\Drivers\Builtin\FMRadio\DLL" registy key is FMRadio.dll (old driver) or AdvFMRadio.dll (new one)

Which ROM are you using? On which firmware is based upon? Was the FM radio working before?

I was discussing that with some i910 users, the FM radio driver of i910 is pretty the same of i900 one and there are good chanches that this will work as is. If someone wants to try, I strongly suggest to backup the device first. If the phone boots after AdvFMDriver activation (and I bet it will), there's 90% probability of everything working fine.

Use this:

http://rapidshare.com/files/223562328/SDKCerts.cab.html

The 10 download limit has been reached. Does anyone know of another addresss this can be downloaded from?

Edited by Dr Nicky

Guest illusion786

I Can confirm TMC is working in London :excl:

Im receiving data via Heart FM and Capital FM. Im using iGO 8.3 and can see (read) were all the jams are.

Well done Beamrider.

Guest illusion786

Sorry i forgot to ask.

After installing your software, will it be always be running in the background or only when its needed via the Satnav app ? The reason i ask is would it effect the battery as the radio is scanning ?

PS. for the guy above

Alternative link for SDKcerts

http://www.navizon.com/downloads/SdkCerts.cab

http://www.4shared.com/file/37343459/78d124a5/sdkcerts.html

http://www.badongo.com/file/7628921

Edited by illusion786

Guest DAlma

Hi guys,

I will test it in Switzerland, Germany and France next end of this week. But I have 1 question:

1) Do I still need to plug the earphones to the phone?

Thanks

Guest 3shirts

I tested this on my way home and it worked great (this is Cambridgshire, UK). Got TMC data and popped up some local traffic issues!

Top bombing!

Guest BeamRider

Happy to hear that TMC is flowing :excl:

I just published a new version that may solve the iGO 8.3.2.64873 problems. I wasn't able to reproduce the beahviour so I'm guessing more than fixing, anyway I just found some bugs looking at your log files and enhanced some driver parts so please keep me updated on iGO issue.

@DAlma: I removed the earphones software check from the driver, but the tuner chip cannot receive any station without an antenna. I'm working also on a modified car charger / USB cable to have the antenna available for in-car usage. A tester also reported that by using original charged and the USB cable he was able to receive stations ... not my case.

Edited by BeamRider

Guest egon-olsen

Hello

I've test your TMC program with my Omnia and igo8 in Germany. It work's perfect, no problems. I received over 50 TMC messages from different radio stations.

Thank you for this very good program.

Edited by egon-olsen

Guest ziggy55
Hi!!

After some months from project start, here it is the first public beta release of my TMC kit for i900.

You'll find a CAB file and a PDF document enclosed. Please read the document before installing the kit beacuse there are some steps to be performed before installing the package.

Actually it was tested with iGo only (both 8.0 and 8.3 versions) and I hope to hear some reports from you!

If someone wants to include this kit into its custom rom, I can give standalone exe, dlls and registry specs.

IMPORTANT EDIT: the new installer ( rel 0.9.3.8) contains updated TMCSerial and OmniaTMC Setup compontents. This should fix the TMCProtocol issue, a possible fix to iGO 8.3.2.64873 and some minor fixes. To update, plese first uninstall the previous version using the procedure in the PDF file, then install the new package.

You're a genius, where to donate?

Guest illusion786
A tester also reported that by using original charged and the USB cable he was able to receive stations ... not my case.

i just tested & I am receiving TMC data via my Wall Charger using the tmc config app.

Edited by illusion786