TCPMP OMNIA EDITION

Guest fenomeno83

Guest frmariam
sorry, but there is also intel.plg. If you replace this in tcpmp folder, are you sure that intel xscale mode doesn't work with subtitles?

That's for the Intel 2700 video driver. It's different from Intel Xscale. In the readme file that comes with the plugin the author says that Intel Xscale isn't supported (and even asks if someone can add support for it to send him the code) so I'm guessing no...

Edited by frmariam

Guest fenomeno83

frmariam, for you what are the best settings in GDI mode? (video quality, dither, etc etc)

is it better use for example medium quality?

Guest ciscokidinsf

Hey Fenomeno.

When I open mine. it says:

Error: GFMPEG4 plugin is not compatible with current player version. Please update!

I can play the videos OK, but the error message appears every time, any idea how to fix it?

SOLVED: The FIX, go to Device> Program Files> TCPMP Directory Folder and delete the {GFMPEG4} file} using the {TOTAL COMMANDER ONLY}, do not use {RESCO EXPLORER FOR THIS MISSION}, after deleting the file , soft reset your TP... it seems to be a fake message of an unneeded file.

Edited by ciscokidinsf

Guest fenomeno83

FRMARIAM, I want to try last flv4 vp6 plugin, but replacing for example ffmpeg.plg of tcpmp 5500 edition with flv4ffmpeg.plg(renamed to ffmpeg) from vp6 0.54(xscale folder) and adding flvsplitter,cegcc.dll and cegccthrd.dll when starts an flv4 video, appear message that it is incompatibile and vp6 codec are not supported!

HOW HAVE YOU TRY THIS NEW FLV4 PLUGIN?

I tried flv4 with original flv4 codec of tcpmp 5500(included in ffmpeg.plg), also I have choose minumum video quality, no smooth zoom, no dither, but video runs at 1 frame every 5 seconds with an about 500x300 video resolution(tube8).for this I want try this new flv4 plugin.how can I do?thanks

Edited by fenomeno83

Guest fenomeno83
I still wouldn't call this the perfect solution since you removed support for flv4 by replacing the ffmpeg.plg that came in the original GF5500 with the one from the tcpmpflvplugin hosted at sourceforge... You can argue that the flv4 support isn't perfect but still is a great achievement. The plugin on which flv4 support in the GF5500 was based in an flv4 plugin (that has been updated) and is now somewhat faster than the one that comes in GF5500 (especially the iwmmxt_m32ce version... and strangelly it behaves even better in benchmark). You need however to change some registry keys (check my attached MortScript as an example). I does however add 1.5 MB to TCPMP...

My previous setup kept the original ffmpeg.plg under a different name (so you can have both plugins). I know that doing so had the inconvenience that every time you played an flv4 file the files associated with the other ffmpeg.plg (the one from the plugin at SourceForge) will become associated with this one but that was somewhat solved with my MortScript.

The perfect solution would be a merge of tcpmpflvplugin and ffvp6/flv4 plugin since they are basicly different builds of ffmpeg (would reduce the added size for flv4 support... especially if it didn't need the two cegcc dlls). I contacted the author over at SourceForge but got a "I'll look into this in the future" as an answer some months ago... I fear it was forgotten. Anyone up for this?

PS: WMA and WMV dlls aren't needed in new devices (TCPMP GF5500 uses the ones from Windows Media Player that already come in ROM).

sorry frmariam, what registry value are you changed?

I add flvffmpeg plugin bot doesn't work!!

It's important for me know this!

Guest DiPalma

Call me a noob, but I just installed this on my 910 running WinMo 6.1 but for some reason I cant seem to be able to find the option to open a file to play anywhere. I remember having tcmp before, and being able to find it just find but not sure why I cant this time. Could it be a bad installation? or I am just plain blind, hehe. Thanks for your responses btw.

DiPalma

Guest frmariam
FRMARIAM, I want to try last flv4 vp6 plugin, but replacing for example ffmpeg.plg of tcpmp 5500 edition with flv4ffmpeg.plg(renamed to ffmpeg) from vp6 0.54(xscale folder) and adding flvsplitter,cegcc.dll and cegccthrd.dll when starts an flv4 video, appear message that it is incompatibile and vp6 codec are not supported!

HOW HAVE YOU TRY THIS NEW FLV4 PLUGIN?

I tried flv4 with original flv4 codec of tcpmp 5500(included in ffmpeg.plg), also I have choose minumum video quality, no smooth zoom, no dither, but video runs at 1 frame every 5 seconds with an about 500x300 video resolution(tube8).for this I want try this new flv4 plugin.how can I do?thanks

You got it wrong. You don't rename the flv4ffmpeg.plg, you use it just as is. Also you need ffmpeg.plg (I especially recommend renaming the flvffmpeg.plg that is in the plugin hosted at SourceForge).

Delete the whole TCPMP registry entry. Then launch the app (all needed reg keys and associations are automatically created).

Guest fenomeno83
You got it wrong. You don't rename the flv4ffmpeg.plg, you use it just as is. Also you need ffmpeg.plg (I especially recommend renaming the flvffmpeg.plg that is in the plugin hosted at SourceForge).

Delete the whole TCPMP registry entry. Then launch the app (all needed reg keys and associations are automatically created).

ok thanks.I will try!

Are you sure that new flv4 codec is better than 5500 version?a lot?

you told that prefer iwmmxt_m32ce instead xscale. it's necessary copy also splitter.plg and two dll?

if you copy flv4ffmpeg.plg(that before didn't exist) which key registry values must you add/modify to get assotiation with vp6?I don't this that do in automatic

you told that using intel xscale low quality, no dither, no smooth zoom, performance increase.a lot?what resolution are you tried?only 320x240?

can you upload a test video to see performance differences between varoius flv4 codecs and various settings?

can you make a log file of all your registry in HKLM\software\TCPMP and HKLM\System\Loader\LoadModuleLow ?

thanks

Guest new2city

Hi guys,

Sorry for being ignorant but what is the difference between this and 0.81RC1 beta?

subtitles working? flv fully working?

regards,

Guest fenomeno83
Hi guys,

Sorry for being ignorant but what is the difference between this and 0.81RC1 beta?

subtitles working? flv fully working?

regards,

final relase at the end of the week will be with subtitles and flv4 support included

I'm waiting reply of frmariam to know best settings and best codecs for flv4

Guest frmariam
ok thanks.I will try!

Are you sure that new flv4 codec is better than 5500 version?a lot?

you told that prefer iwmmxt_m32ce instead xscale. it's necessary copy also splitter.plg and two dll?

if you copy flv4ffmpeg.plg(that before didn't exist) which key registry values must you add/modify to get assotiation with vp6?I don't this that do in automatic

you told that using intel xscale low quality, no dither, no smooth zoom, performance increase.a lot?what resolution are you tried?only 320x240?

can you upload a test video to see performance differences between varoius flv4 codecs and various settings?

can you make a log file of all your registry in HKLM\software\TCPMP and HKLM\System\Loader\LoadModuleLow ?

thanks

Setup the files as you wrote. You need them all (flv4ffmpeg, splitter and the two dlls). Then use a registry editor and go to HKLM\Software and delete the whole TCPMP key (the registry will be created correctly when you launch the player... no need to do it manually).

As for flv4 I don't have any decent test file either... Maybe the best option for testing is encoding one (with a scren res similar to the Omnia display). Even with lower quality video settings performance isn't great (but still is somewhat better than what the player had with the original files)... even worse with big files... but some videos are viewable.

If you need to check against my setup download it here (TCPMP GF5500 alpha 4.1+better ffmpeg.plg+better flv4 support+no warning on-launch... no subtitles support).

PS: I may not be around much for the next two weeks or so for it's Queima das Fitas here in Coimbra (huge college whole-week party).

Edited by frmariam