--

Guest WoZZeR999

Guest winmar
I have tried ALL the roms (beginning w/ 6.5 v1 stock and now using 6.5 v2 lite). I am getting really good at flashing and also installing apps. Like all the versions and used M2D for a while, but have settled on the lite version because it runs better w/ the increased free memory. Also, I've learned how to use Chome Editor and am getting used to the new WM Today screen. Got the GPS working (yay) but am having two persistent issues:

Wifi comes and goes. Usually it reappears w/ a soft reset, but then disappears sometime later.

Appears that .NETCFramework (3.5 nor 2.0) is not there and I have been unsuccessful in adding it.

All in all and awesome ROM! Thanks!

The disappearing WIFI has been addressed, it is a quick and dirty fix but it works. Seach back a few pages and you will find it.

Guest bhachech
Appears that .NETCFramework (3.5 nor 2.0) is not there and I have been unsuccessful in adding it.

3.5 is definitely there... check \\HKLM\Software\Microsoft\.NETCompactFramework registry hive, you'll see 3.5.7283.00 key in there. I have several .Net programs working with the Lite ROM v2, without explicitly installing .NetCF.

Guest anarkie13
Sorry I couldn't read all of the posts, I'm going away for the weekend to a bachelor party, I will be back mid-day Sunday. If I can ever find a day when I have extra time, I will look into the issues that I have missed.

Nice...Enjoy the festivities, and make sure the groom to be has some regrets by the end of the night... :D

Guest syrguy1969

I have two quick questions, and I know they may have been covered, but I can't find them right now.

I flashed to the 6.5 ROM the night before last, and my phone has been freezing on my every few hours. I can't figure out what can be doing it. The only thing I find worthy mentioning at this point is possibly S2U2....I haven't had enough testing time so I figured I would ask if anyone else has the freezing problem. I am using MS3 as the main app and have the M2D ROM (not sure why, I am thinking of going with the version without).

My other question has to do with the WM6.5 honeycomb-type menu. When I hit start after flashing to this ROM I would get this menu, but now I get the standard drop-down menu....anyone know why it reverted to the old-style?

Thanks, and great work WoZZer

Guest winmar
My other question has to do with the WM6.5 honeycomb-type menu. When I hit start after flashing to this ROM I would get this menu, but now I get the standard drop-down menu....anyone know why it reverted to the old-style.

Not sure why, but if you go to the settings and disable the Large start menu the honeycomb will show up.

Guest kettigm
I have two quick questions, and I know they may have been covered, but I can't find them right now.

I flashed to the 6.5 ROM the night before last, and my phone has been freezing on my every few hours. I can't figure out what can be doing it. The only thing I find worthy mentioning at this point is possibly S2U2....I haven't had enough testing time so I figured I would ask if anyone else has the freezing problem. I am using MS3 as the main app and have the M2D ROM (not sure why, I am thinking of going with the version without).

My other question has to do with the WM6.5 honeycomb-type menu. When I hit start after flashing to this ROM I would get this menu, but now I get the standard drop-down menu....anyone know why it reverted to the old-style?

Thanks, and great work WoZZer

see post #s - 31, 35, 68, 396, 549 and now 630

No one has fixed the freezing problem

Edited by kettigm

Guest king_of_fools

i posted this on another forum as well but i'm curious and i have a question about any of these roms from people who have them ... I have one program that seems to have been removed from every rom made so far, that is the visual voice mail, which i really like. I want to upgrade to one of these roms but i'm wondering if this means i will loose my visual voice mail. Nothing i hate more than dealing with the old VZW call in voice mail system.

K

O

f

Guest kettigm
i posted this on another forum as well but i'm curious and i have a question about any of these roms from people who have them ... I have one program that seems to have been removed from every rom made so far, that is the visual voice mail, which i really like. I want to upgrade to one of these roms but i'm wondering if this means i will loose my visual voice mail. Nothing i hate more than dealing with the old VZW call in voice mail system.

K

O

f

it's in the stock rom

Guest king_of_fools
it's in the stock rom

doesn't actually answer my question ... are you trying to say it can be moved from one to the other? would it not need to be installed somehow?

Guest kettigm
doesn't actually answer my question ... are you trying to say it can be moved from one to the other? would it not need to be installed somehow?

i didn't realize this before because i never use it but it is in the lite rom.

Edited by kettigm

Guest saruutskushii
See post #283 AND #486 for the buttons

my problem isn't the answer button.. but the buttons like speaker and ect after answering.. and setting the soft key for voice command to the menu button on the side and holding it.. I get an error that says path unknown... tried reinstalling it.. but no luck..

Guest kettigm
my problem isn't the answer button.. but the buttons like speaker and ect after answering.. and setting the soft key for voice command to the menu button on the side and holding it.. I get an error that says path unknown... tried reinstalling it.. but no luck..

Try post #483

I haven't tried the buttons after answering yet.

Edited by kettigm

Guest PearlMikeJam

saruutskushii - I have not been able to get voice command to work either. I have seen several posts that have it working on other ROMs, including someone who says it is working on a non-Wozzer 6.5 i910 ROM (not sure where he got it), but I have not been able to get it to work. Something keeps disabling the program in the background. It will be enabled and in the start up folder one minute, but, I think when the phone goes to sleep or shuts off the backlight, voice command disables, causing the error you are getting. I have tried several work arounds, but none have fixed the issue permanently. I have uninstalled it and am waiting for the next build. I wonder if the issue is related to WM6.5 being the first OS to offer the new voice command system (Talk To Me or something like that). Just a thought. We will see on the next build.

Guest JDawg183

If you dont want the stock rom, i believe that you can still download the VVM from Verizons website. Just something to check into.

Guest aceofrazgriz

i mentioned some new tricks of 6.5 with changing songs in WMP and switching tabs in Settings windows by swiping sideways on the screen. Today i noticed, if you scroll on the lefthand side of the screen, that it scrolls ALOT better and doens't do that stupid clicky thing that it does normally (and did always in 6.1) Pages go by in here too fast for me to catchup to see if anyone else noticed this :D

Edited by aceofrazgriz

Guest aamon17
it's in the stock rom. if you want VVM you have to flash WoZZer's stock rom. that's your only option. as far as i know you can't move it.

I'm on the Lite Rom & I have Visual VoiceMail . . . Check under PROGRAM FILES\VVM and look for vvm.exe.

Guest kettigm
I'm on the Lite Rom & I have Visual VoiceMail . . . Check under PROGRAM FILES\VVM and look for vvm.exe.

i just realized that and edited my post. i didn't see it on the first lite rom. didn't think it was on the second.

Guest Ruffroc02

Does any one else have a problem setting tones using sounds & notifications. The tones I select do not play but they are in the right spot in My Device/My Documents. Then when I try to save the tones it reverts back to some previous setting and does not close.

Does anyone know how to solve this issue or is experiencing it?

Guest lioryte

Once again- Thanks Wozzer for this great rom

Ringtone issues- Once applied they come and go (or Gone and go...), won't let you fix from main menu

Office Mobile- Lots of ppl use the Omnia for business. Easy fix but I think this should be in all releases

Keyboard- another easy fix but annoying as hell

Lock issue- for me the locking work with the lock button (not soft button) but a known issue if locking from hex. menu

Mail Issue- on lock screen an issue with emails not showing up/ showing up late for some reason

Stable as hell, MS Voice working great, GPS gets a fix fast once AGPS is applied in advanced config. ANOTHER WINNER from the Wozz wizard !

Guest Dblocker

Hey aceofrazgriz - nice tip about scrolling on the left side.

Has anyone figured out how to turn off the annoying clicking sounds when scrolling in the middle or right side of the screen?

Guest juanasaddiccion
Settings>Input>Word Completion>uncheck "Enable Auto Correct"

That fixed it for me.

I did that prior to the problem arising. Haven't much text today, so I can't say what's going on now.

Guest juanasaddiccion
This is probably due to the fact that the battery meter goes in 20% increments. So when you went to be and had 60% it was probably at or very near 60%. While you slept not much going on, but a small battery drain, then when you did whatever it was in the morning it was prably near 40% but not quite there, hence showing 60% then going to 40%. The battery notification is automatic at 40%.

I had edited the registry to show battery in 10% increments. I'll have to check that key again & make sure it didn't revert after the soft reset.

20% increments are useless, my phone shut down shortly after reaching 20%, which means it was closer to 5 or 10%.

Guest PearlMikeJam
Once again- Thanks Wozzer for this great rom

Ringtone issues- Once applied they come and go (or Gone and go...), won't let you fix from main menu

Office Mobile- Lots of ppl use the Omnia for business. Easy fix but I think this should be in all releases

Keyboard- another easy fix but annoying as hell

Lock issue- for me the locking work with the lock button (not soft button) but a known issue if locking from hex. menu

Mail Issue- on lock screen an issue with emails not showing up/ showing up late for some reason

Stable as hell, MS Voice working great, GPS gets a fix fast once AGPS is applied in advanced config. ANOTHER WINNER from the Wozz wizard !

lioryte - What version of the ROM are you using? I could not get MS Voice Command to work at all. Also, where did you get Advanced Config? I am using the Stock ROM and it is not in there. Did you use one of the other ROMs and do they have it?

I have not had any ringtone issues on the stock ROM, v1 or v2. I am one of the oddities that likes the Samsung Dialer, that is why I chose the Stock ROM (I was assuming it was not in the others). I had issues with the WM dialer in 6.1 because it would not lock the screen when I was talking.

Guest Apo11on
I had edited the registry to show battery in 10% increments. I'll have to check that key again & make sure it didn't revert after the soft reset.

20% increments are useless, my phone shut down shortly after reaching 20%, which means it was closer to 5 or 10%.

registry key path for that?