--

Guest WoZZeR999

Guest ciscokidinsf
Thanks, I am actually using parallels on my mac. Will this not work if I continue to use parallels?

Also i switched USB ports and nothing seems to change....the screen still says "Do Not Disconnect..." and "OS Flash Image Update..." followed by a row of green bars.

Try it on a PC (not a mac)

Guest aleis
@aleis is that the only way to fix it? that was one of my favorite features :/

ditto! :D

so far that is the only way i know.

Guest xxmadhatter

okay, thank you. ill re-install and try that out. it was a really really nice rom besides the wake-up issue, props WoZZeR. if i can use the classic lock setting until that gets fixed i'll wait :D

Guest whiplash000

Hey wozzer, it seems that flick scrolling is either hit or miss with this rom. It either works really smoothly, or it reverts back to the "clicky" scrolling I wish samsung never included in the first place. Also, wifi still disappears for me a lot and it takes a few soft resets to bring it back. Other than that, top notch job on the rom :D

Guest Scott6

ok, so I got the M2d 6.5 rom on my omnia, I have a few questions

Is there was was to make it so when I click a quick contact picture on touchFlo to go to the Samsung screen instead of the default windows mobile contact info screen?

Portrait doesnt work right with touchflo, correct?

On my home screen of touchflo the 2 botton bar softkeys are gone.. even when I set them with the Touchflo custom menus or the softkey control pannel addin... toughts?

Guest Biochao

Ok I have a problem. I flashed the CC20 rom about a month ago. Today it stoped booting at the omnia screen about half way though the loading bar. I've waited for 30 mins and still nothing. I was reading around and I think it isn't bricked.

I really want to try this rom.

Edited by Biochao

Guest lioryte

I've been using the lite v.2 ROM almost since it came out. was very stable for me but today started to have issues as to not coming back from sleep mode and I need to soft reset to get it to boot up again, didn't happen before for the last 4 days. Ideas anyone?

Guest dslayton
I've been using the lite v.2 ROM almost since it came out. was very stable for me but today started to have issues as to not coming back from sleep mode and I need to soft reset to get it to boot up again, didn't happen before for the last 4 days. Ideas anyone?

Happened to me constantly. Actually made this rom unusable for me, so I switched back to a 6.1 rom that is running MS3, plus a butt load of customizations. I will wait until 6.5 gets all of it's vaccinations....it has too many bugs.

Guest blazingwolf
I would donate if it would help get the omnia on ppckitchen. I would be happy to assist anywhere in that project, if it was cookable in the kitchen I could finally make my own rom!

The ROMs are cooked for the i910 is different from the HTC devices the PPCKitchen cooks them. I have been over there already asking and there doesn't seem to be much interest in trying to get it done. However, maybe if a bunch of people start asking they will take another look at it.

Guest gdwrnch29

Ok, I've done searchs within this forum, and Google, and can't find the answers. I have been running the 6.5 Lite rom, and since have switched to the 6.5 stock rom to see if my problems go away, but no luck. I have no phone broadband access in the sense that Titanium weather will not update ("No internet") and email will not sync("Windows live was unable to establish an Internet connection...") and no Internet Explorer or Opera. I can receive texts and phone works.

I have checked connection settings, "My ISP" is selected for both options, user name is correct, password is correct. Have soft reset, hard reset....After I switched to the stock rom, I did get it back momentarily, only to lose it again after installing SPB backup, PHM regedit(didn't change anything in the reg that should have caused this) and WMWifirouter.

I'm lost :D . Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by gdwrnch29

Guest stratman2009

I downloaded and installed and everything is great, including GPS, but I dont see and WIFI in the wireless manager, any idea?

THanks

Guest ciscokidinsf
Ok, I've done searchs within this forum, and Google, and can't find the answers. I have been running the 6.5 Lite rom, and since have switched to the 6.5 stock rom to see if my problems go away, but no luck. I have no phone broadband access in the sense that Titanium weather will not update ("No internet") and email will not sync("Windows live was unable to establish an Internet connection...") and no Internet Explorer or Opera. I can receive texts and phone works.

I have checked connection settings, "My ISP" is selected for both options, user name is correct, password is correct. Have soft reset, hard reset....After I switched to the stock rom, I did get it back momentarily, only to lose it again after installing SPB backup, PHM regedit(didn't change anything in the reg that should have caused this) and WMWifirouter.

I'm lost :D . Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

This happened to me with Wozzer's 6.1 update and SPB backup, here is how i fixed it:

- Re-flash Wozzer's 6.5

- BEFORE you use SPB backup, re-install WMWifirouter and do a full update to internet to all your apps in the ROM (in my case, Facebook, weather, stocks and twitter app were NOT connecting)

- Run SPB backup again

- After that, my connection came back ok

hope it works.

Guest jxa4508
The ROMs are cooked for the i910 is different from the HTC devices the PPCKitchen cooks them. I have been over there already asking and there doesn't seem to be much interest in trying to get it done. However, maybe if a bunch of people start asking they will take another look at it.

Ahh, gotcha, if you don't mind answering, what program do you use to modify the vzw .img? Is it something along the lines of the kitchen or totally different?

Guest TheJanitor

Anyone else have freezing up problems? I installed the lite 6.5 rom and more often then not a soft reset is required after closing the text messaging application. I've also seen this problem with Opera. Any ideas? It all worked okay on the 6.5 stock rom v1.

Guest lioryte
I downloaded and installed and everything is great, including GPS, but I dont see and WIFI in the wireless manager, any idea?

THanks

2 options

1. soft reset

2. in power settings uncheck wifi and than check it again. PRESTO

this is happening because the ROM loads up to fast at times to load the WIFI driver

Guest blazingwolf
Ahh, gotcha, if you don't mind answering, what program do you use to modify the vzw .img? Is it something along the lines of the kitchen or totally different?

It's the SYOK kitchen with a couple of changes. I posted a comment explaining how to do it. That was before the split in the ROM forums though. It looks like it might have gotten left in the 900 forum instead of being moved here.

Guest Turborepu

I was looking at a video of 6.5 on another device and the scrolling is ALOT smoother.. and its an older htc hermes(t mobile wing) .. Then after looking at it a while, it seems like the scrolling lag seems to be due to the samsung scrolling. You know what I mean, the sticky scrolling that kinda goes line by line.. Maybe if you can disable that it might help out.. Anyway.. just a thought.. Either way, I have been using the 6.5 lite rom with no adverse issues on my brand new device. Great Battery Life, and no lock ups yet.

Guest Rob V
I was looking at a video of 6.5 on another device and the scrolling is ALOT smoother.. and its an older htc hermes(t mobile wing) .. Then after looking at it a while, it seems like the scrolling lag seems to be due to the samsung scrolling. You know what I mean, the sticky scrolling that kinda goes line by line.. Maybe if you can disable that it might help out..

I've had the same experience with scrolling in either 6.1 or 6.5, and agree that Samsung's scrolling tweaks seem suspect. LIke a previous post mentioned, I also find scrolling seems to come and go: One moment it's almost usable, and the next moment the laggy "line by line with clicks" mode reappears. How did Samsung alter the original MS algorithms? Did they use a custom touch.dll, perhaps?

I'd love to see how touch and scrolling behave with a "pure" WM 6.5 platform that hasn't had any OEM tweaks or modifications!

Rob

Guest Higgy76

Im trying to figure out how to change the defualts keyboard and have it save it as the default. Everytime i restart my phone the keyboard goes back to the tiny little full keyboard and everytime i try to change it to the Xt9 keyboard it freezes up and takes a min or two to unfreeze. Is there anyway to do it? i tryed to go to input and change it there but it didnt work.

Guest Rob V
Ok I have a problem. I flashed the CC20 rom about a month ago. Today it stoped booting at the omnia screen about half way though the loading bar. I've waited for 30 mins and still nothing. I was reading around and I think it isn't bricked.

I had the exact same thing happen - CC20 was working fine, and suddenly appeared to start hanging during boot. Here's what I discovered almost by accident: Watch the animated 'operator entertainment' bar. When the animation stops as if everything is hung, press the top power button just long enough to turn off the screen (but not long enough to force a complete power-down). Then in a few seconds, press the power button again to turn the screen back on. When I did this, the Today screen appeared and all was well. Worked consistently, every single time.

FWIW, this was only happening with CC20. Since I upgraded to WoZZeR's fine 6.5 ROMs, I haven't seen the problem again. However, I this may be simply because I don't have (or need) as much extra stuff running with 6.5 - I suspect the problem resulted from some weird combination of 3rd-party software I had loaded.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Guest Adrynalyne
I've had the same experience with scrolling in either 6.1 or 6.5, and agree that Samsung's scrolling tweaks seem suspect. LIke a previous post mentioned, I also find scrolling seems to come and go: One moment it's almost usable, and the next moment the laggy "line by line with clicks" mode reappears. How did Samsung alter the original MS algorithms? Did they use a custom touch.dll, perhaps?

I'd love to see how touch and scrolling behave with a "pure" WM 6.5 platform that hasn't had any OEM tweaks or modifications!

Rob

HTC and Samsung use totally different touch drivers.

I doubt tweaks have much to do with it in that regard.

FWIW, the line by line click is default winmo 6.1 behaviour, as far as I know. Keep your finger down and scroll, it doesn't happen. A quick flick gives you the crappy winmo scrolling.

Edited by Adrynalyne

Guest Propaganda Panda

Curious, are there any decent alarm clock apps out there?

The one that came with the omnia originally was good enough.

The one in m2d Rom is pretty lame. I'm trying to find something that will let me add alarm sounds of my own. ATM this one only takes .wav in the windows folder. and those can get pretty big.

Any solutions?

Thanks, and WoZZeR, GREAT WORK!

Guest ardvarkofdoom
Curious, are there any decent alarm clock apps out there?

The one that came with the omnia originally was good enough.

The one in m2d Rom is pretty lame. I'm trying to find something that will let me add alarm sounds of my own. ATM this one only takes .wav in the windows folder. and those can get pretty big.

Any solutions?

Thanks, and WoZZeR, GREAT WORK!

I have g-alarm and I love it! Great alarm program IMO