--

Guest WoZZeR999

Guest maldonj1
Thanks for the tips.

I'm trying to put weather for my area and I installed the patches like the instructions say but when I go to accuweather.com I don't see this url to get the info.

your running the m2D version with titanium weather?

Guest MrSmoofy
your running the m2D version with titanium weather?

I think so I turned off the default and turned on TruFlo so my screen looked like Wozzer's post but the instructions to customize the weather tab says to disable it and isntall the patch and edit the file.

I'm so new to this all I don't know which program is what and their proper names.

I tried adding my city but there is nothing listed in the US

Guest maldonj1
I think so I turned off the default and turned on TruFlo so my screen looked like Wozzer's post but the instructions to customize the weather tab says to disable it and isntall the patch and edit the file.

I'm so new to this all I don't know which program is what and their proper names.

I tried adding my city but there is nothing listed in the US

ok i think you missed a step, you need to disable touchflo and you said you enabled it

- Install weather patch from CAB repository (without installing patch you won't be able to download weather information)

patch is listed just in case

- Open accuweather page and display weather for your city

- Note URL's "locCode" parameter (something like EUR|PL|PL007|GARWOLIN)

- Open HH_0409_WeatherCities.xml and add new entry with your city, for example:

<city name="Garwolin, PL" loca="EUR|PL|PL007|GARWOLIN" land="Poland"/>

- Save that file and restart TouchFLO interface on your device

- You will see new city in weather chooser :D

Manila_Weather_Patch.cab

Guest MrSmoofy
ok i think you missed a step, you need to disable touchflo and you said you enabled it

- Install weather patch from CAB repository (without installing patch you won't be able to download weather information)

patch is listed just in case

- Open accuweather page and display weather for your city

- Note URL's "locCode" parameter (something like EUR|PL|PL007|GARWOLIN)

- Open HH_0409_WeatherCities.xml and add new entry with your city, for example:

<city name="Garwolin, PL" loca="EUR|PL|PL007|GARWOLIN" land="Poland"/>

- Save that file and restart TouchFLO interface on your device

- You will see new city in weather chooser :D

Sorry I didn't type that clearly.

I enabled it and then started following the directions so I disabled it and isntalled the patch.

2 things I have a problem with.

1. When I go to accuweather.com and display the weather for my city there is not locCode parameter in the url

2. I can't find the HH_0409_WeatherCities.xml file on the phone.

Guest maldonj1
Sorry I didn't type that clearly.

I enabled it and then started following the directions so I disabled it and isntalled the patch.

2 things I have a problem with.

1. When I go to accuweather.com and display the weather for my city there is not locCode parameter in the url

2. I can't find the HH_0409_WeatherCities.xml file on the phone.

http://www.accuweather.com/us/fl/tampa/33629/ <---loc code

2 enable show all files in file explorer or just use total commander and look in /windows

Edited by maldonj1

Guest maldonj1
thanks feel stupid but that was not clear :D

I don't have total commander can I do this via Window Mobile Center?

oh from your pc via browse? sure just go to /windows and scroll down to HH_ , i beleive its the first file listed when the HH's begin, and make sure you enable show hidden files on your folder options

Edited by maldonj1

Guest MrSmoofy
oh from your pc via browse? sure just go to /windows and scroll down to HH_ , i beleive its the first file listed when the HH's begin, and make sure you enable show hidden files on your folder options

ahh ok, doesn't look like I can do it from the PC as I can't see the windows folder.

Guest MrSmoofy

Ok I got it now, copied that file to a folder I could get to from the PC and now am editing it. Deleting eveything but the US stuff and then I'll add some locations I want.

Thanks for the help.

Guest maldonj1
ahh ok, doesn't look like I can do it from the PC as I can't see the windows folder.

awesome good to hear i was of some use to someone...lol have fun with those cities, theres a TON

Edited by maldonj1

Guest MrSmoofy
awesome good to hear i was of some use to someone...lol have fun with those cities, theres a TON

Your not shittin me good greif, I ended up writing an app to suck them and remove all non US ones

Guest maldonj1
Your not shittin me good greif, I ended up writing an app to suck them and remove all non US ones

LOL ya know i was going to do that with excel but said what the hell, can you post that as it might be of use to us... thanks!

Guest WoZZeR999

Thanks for helping out the new guys!

Hopefully this bug tracker will remind me of all the errors to fix :D Keep posting on it when you find something (test it first to make sure it's not a fluke)

As for mortscript. Hit "ok" on the window, then hit the windows start menu. I have never seen mort pop up after the first reset.

Edited by WoZZeR999

Guest dragracekid

hey WoZZeR i may have found a small bug whenever i reset my phone it changes the keyboard to the windows one any help?

Guest monsterpt
hey WoZZeR i may have found a small bug whenever i reset my phone it changes the keyboard to the windows one any help?

Google Search for Omnia SIP.cab

Install the cab and go to Start menu it will be at the bottom. Open the Omnia SIP and select the one you want. Reset Omnia and you will be good.

Guest Steel Froggy

Does anyone else have severe lag with this rom?

I can't even f*cking type.. the keyboard's so laggy and slow. Before I flashed my Omnia I could type fairly quicky and accurately however now it's always behind..

The entire thing's generally laggy, honestly. The keyboard's really what bugs me the most, though.

Another thing I was wondering, was does anybody have a rom with JUST the core? WoZZeR's got his lite version, but still with his stuff and modifications added to it.

Still new to the whole flashing thing, but I've done it a few times back and forth to a bunch of roms and haven't bricked yet. I'd love to learn!! (:

EDIT: Which reminds me, I'd love for all of this omnia garbage to be removed as well. It's just so ugly/childish and completely clashes with any other skins..

Shouldn't the dialer/volume/settings/etc be skinned as well? I mean, if we're gonna revamp the phone, revamp the phone..

Cheesy when just your homescreen's all fancy, but the rest of the functions are still defaulted and ugly. xD

Like I said I'd love to do some of this myself, but I've no idea where to start. How do you create your own rom image? How do you modify it, remove and add things? Where would you go about editing the rest of the omnia interface? I seek knowleddggeeeee!!!! XD XD

Edited by Steel Froggy

Guest monsterpt

I can't even f*cking type.. the keyboard's so laggy and slow. Before I flashed my Omnia I could type fairly quicky and accurately however now it's always behind..

The entire thing's generally laggy, honestly. The keyboard's really what bugs me the most, though.

Another thing I was wondering, was does anybody have a rom with JUST the core? WoZZeR's got his lite version, but still with his stuff and modifications added to it.

Still new to the whole flashing thing, but I've done it a few times back and forth to a bunch of roms and haven't bricked yet. I'd love to learn!! (:

EDIT: Which reminds me, I'd love for all of this omnia garbage to be removed as well. It's just so ugly/childish and completely clashes with any other skins..

Shouldn't the dialer/volume/settings/etc be skinned as well? I mean, if we're gonna revamp the phone, revamp the phone..

Cheesy when just your homescreen's all fancy, but the rest of the functions are still defaulted and ugly. xD

Like I said I'd love to do some of this myself, but I've no idea where to start. How do you create your own rom image? How do you modify it, remove and add things? Where would you go about editing the rest of the omnia interface? I seek knowleddggeeeee!!!! XD XD

I have added the Pure Black theme for WM 6.5 from xda. It has all of the new "new look" items that MS is promoting. I really like Wozzers ROM with this new theme. Fits in seamlessly with the CHome panels that are preloaded to Wozzers ROM.

Guest MrSmoofy
LOL ya know i was going to do that with excel but said what the hell, can you post that as it might be of use to us... thanks!

I'll have to clean it up it's pretty generic, maybe I'll make it into a gui so you can add and remove.

Thanks for helping out the new guys!

Hopefully this bug tracker will remind me of all the errors to fix :D Keep posting on it when you find something (test it first to make sure it's not a fluke)

As for mortscript. Hit "ok" on the window, then hit the windows start menu. I have never seen mort pop up after the first reset.

Every boot up I get that box and have to click ok.

So my next issue is I can't copy this city file back into windows. I can't delete the existing one. What's the trick here Can't rename either am I gonna need some special program now?

Guest Steel Froggy
I have added the Pure Black theme for WM 6.5 from xda. It has all of the new "new look" items that MS is promoting. I really like Wozzers ROM with this new theme. Fits in seamlessly with the CHome panels that are preloaded to Wozzers ROM.

Thanks, that'll hopefully solve the uglyness problem. :b

What about your keyboard though? How responsive is it?

I'm almost ready just to flash back to the regular ol' i910 rom because of it..

but d*mn I'd miss the gps and everything else.

Guest maldonj1

on the first page are 3 links to wozzers roms one of which is a core with very little if anything removed

Guest maldonj1
I'll have to clean it up it's pretty generic, maybe I'll make it into a gui so you can add and remove.

Every boot up I get that box and have to click ok.

So my next issue is I can't copy this city file back into windows. I can't delete the existing one. What's the trick here Can't rename either am I gonna need some special program now?

if i remember i think i had to zip it then unzip it, i may be wrong but give it a shot

Guest maldonj1
Thanks, that'll hopefully solve the uglyness problem. :b

What about your keyboard though? How responsive is it?

I'm almost ready just to flash back to the regular ol' i910 rom because of it..

but d*mn I'd miss the gps and everything else.

no way in hell id go back to the leaked rom, it took anywhere from 4-15 min to get a gps lock sometimes and thats if i was holding the phone upside down and face down with my right leg up and my left arm pointing north....lol, and now with wozzers latest and greatest i can get a lock inside my house in under 45 sec

Edited by maldonj1