--

Guest WoZZeR999

Guest Dblocker

Steel Froggy - I'm not a super fast typer so I don't really notice a lag. I will say that it seems like WoZZeR's v2 ROM feels like it's slower than the original. The Titanium panels don't seem to slide as smooth, etc. Which keyboard do you use? My preference was the Samsung KeyPad except there's no period on the letters screen. So I use the Samsung PhonePad (3 letters per key) and it seems to work as fast as my fingers can type. Wish there was a period on the Keypad though cause a qwerty like layout would be faster...

also did you say if you use XT9 or not? I like it and use it but do feel like it slows things down a bit as well.

If you text a lot and are fast with the fingers I can see how you might feel the keyboard isn't responsive enough. I just blame it on a leaked, beta rom; I'd hope the eventually maybe someday official released version will be snappier.

Guest Steel Froggy
Steel Froggy - I'm not a super fast typer so I don't really notice a lag. I will say that it seems like WoZZeR's v2 ROM feels like it's slower than the original. The Titanium panels don't seem to slide as smooth, etc. Which keyboard do you use? My preference was the Samsung KeyPad except there's no period on the letters screen. So I use the Samsung PhonePad (3 letters per key) and it seems to work as fast as my fingers can type. Wish there was a period on the Keypad though cause a qwerty like layout would be faster...

also did you say if you use XT9 or not? I like it and use it but do feel like it slows things down a bit as well.

If you text a lot and are fast with the fingers I can see how you might feel the keyboard isn't responsive enough. I just blame it on a leaked, beta rom; I'd hope the eventually maybe someday official released version will be snappier.

Thank you for fully replying, I honestly appreciate it. (:

Yes I'd like to say I'm a fairly fast texter, don't know how fast exactly.. don't have a way to measure it. :b I currently use the xt9 keyboard ((although the other two Samsung Keyboards were equally as slow..)), so the qwerty layout. A period would be nice for the otherones, I would have to agree with you there.

So, if it's the fault of the beta rom, does this mean I'd either have to practically stop texting or go back tothe default rom?

Well fuckk. Do you think there's the possibility of pulling the keyboard out from the old rom and installing it onto here? Any idea how to go about that?

I really wish things weren't laggy like this. I'd love to use these features, and the Omnia's a great phone which /shouldn't/ have this problem.. even though it seems to be just me. Currently, at least.

Even still I can't be that outrageously fast of a texter.. the lag for me is enough that the average user should easily notice it....

Guest Nukewire

How do I get the other samsung(xt9) keyboards to work. I want to use the samsung keypad but keyboard only works. Its as if they are missing?

Edited by Nukewire

Guest WoZZeR999

All seemed to work for me. I'll try to get another release out tomorrow, and see if any of the changes that I've made help (don't remember 100% what I did, but mine seems fine).

Guest Nukewire

Hmm, just did a hard reset because I had some other problems too and now I have all my problems fixed. Thanks, keep up the awesome work WoZZeR!

Guest rubadub234
Thank you for fully replying, I honestly appreciate it. (:

Yes I'd like to say I'm a fairly fast texter, don't know how fast exactly.. don't have a way to measure it. :b I currently use the xt9 keyboard ((although the other two Samsung Keyboards were equally as slow..)), so the qwerty layout. A period would be nice for the otherones, I would have to agree with you there.

So, if it's the fault of the beta rom, does this mean I'd either have to practically stop texting or go back tothe default rom?

Well fuckk. Do you think there's the possibility of pulling the keyboard out from the old rom and installing it onto here? Any idea how to go about that?

I really wish things weren't laggy like this. I'd love to use these features, and the Omnia's a great phone which /shouldn't/ have this problem.. even though it seems to be just me. Currently, at least.

Even still I can't be that outrageously fast of a texter.. the lag for me is enough that the average user should easily notice it....

WoZZer - Flashed the lite version and love it! Thank you for your time and effort.

Some advice to other noobs like me, dont get too crazy with the themes and editors they have out there. Its just a hard reset waiting to happen! :D

Froggy - try google searching fingerkeyboard2 - the men at xda made an awesome keyboard that is very customizable. The keys are smaller but very responsive

Guest zr2ee

had my omnia get really buggy and slow and M2D not launching a few days after i installed (thurs or fri i believe) did a couple of soft resets and didn't help, after a hard reset everything was smooth and back to normal....waiting to see if symptoms return or if it was a side effect of leaving it in my hot truck at the sand dunes

Guest WoZZeR999

You have to make sure you hit ok on the mort script button, and hit the start menu before restarting. Flashing instructions updated. Click ok on mort, then click the windows button. Wait a minute, then reset.

Guest mikeycee123

hey guys im new to all this crazy phone s*** but i want that sexyness on my omnia can anyone help me out w/ a easy step by step on what to do :D ty

Guest Steel Froggy

Alright..

Thanks for your help guys.

I'm going to try another fresh flash tomorrow when the newer one comes out.. :D

Until then! :b

Guest gregrosen

okay so i updated the wozzers 2nd the last rom flash update that worked fine gps worked great and it was much faster then the stock rom which verizion had.. anyways i then updated to wozzers 6.5 rom and all that hapeneds now is the sumsung omnia boot up screen appears and freezes does anyone have any idea what happened? i flashed it rite im pretty sure tried flashing to the lite and it still freezes someone please help me out here im dieing here lol

Guest Turborepu

when it gets stuck try turning the screen off and on again or pushing something to see if you can get it to react.. if not try reflashing it.

Guest LudoGTi

Hello,

One more time THANK YOU for your great job !

The interface is very friendly, but ... :b ... I'm french, and it will be more friendly if there was a french ROM.

If not, is it possible to have AZERTY keyboards ?

Guest Higgy76

I am having a problem with the battery indicator on the top right of the phone. Out of know where instead of the battery power being there its the clock. Is there a setting for this?

Guest varshaska

Looks like my question got over looked :D

Currently under programs, it shows solitaire, FM radio, File Explorer, and Fav Settings. How do I change those?

Guest willyg44
I don't even mean the leaked rom. On that they keyboard is just as bad, which again is my main problem here. I'd want to go back to the ORIGINAL rom, which came on my omnia when I purchased it. I'd really hate to do that but you can't even f*cking type on this.

Or at least I can't.. It might be just me but I've flashed it a few different times, and it's laggy right from the start. I wouldn't be able to stand seeing how laggy it'd get after a few months of use.. The bubble thing is awesome for if you're slowly poking key-by-key, but simply an annoyance for actually texting.

If it'd work like the iPhone I could see leaving it in there, because at least that one doesn't lag.

P.S. For the record I'm nowhere NEAR an Apple Fanboi.. quite the opposite. Just simply stating.

I find it hard to believe that you and I are the only ones with this issue. I too notice extreme lag when typing. It's slower than typing on a freaking storm. I don't know what happened. Do others truly not experience this? I was hoping not to have to hard reset or flash a diff ROM for a while, but it seems as though I may have to.

Guest zr2ee

mine is super fast from a hard reset after getting through the mortscript error, but a few power cycles after the hard reset things seem to get slow and buggy and M2D no longer loads, i've had to do 2 hard resets now which bring things back to normal but this is an interesting issue, this is with the M2D version, i may flash to the lite version and see if there are any differences

Guest LudoGTi
I am having a problem with the battery indicator on the top right of the phone. Out of know where instead of the battery power being there its the clock. Is there a setting for this?

Start menu/settings/clock and alarm/ then go to "More" item and uncheck "Display the clock..." then OK

Guest xxmadhatter

*update for screen wake up issue, not sure how to add more under the bug watcher. its happened twice this morning, as in in the last hour :/ im using the lite rom. i tried unchecking turn off device after xx minutes under the power settings to see if thats what the problem was. it still happens that after it finally does wake up the screen is unresponsive, but the clock will still update on time somehow :-? hope i can help you figure this out. great job getting this going :D

Guest MrSmoofy

Ok now that I've had a chance to play with the M2D version it's pretty nice.

Where can I get the following programs that were on the original rom

Pocket Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) etc.

Use to have a nice program that read pdf's as well

From what I can tell everything else works great. Been tring out some of the new app's I've not seen before like Outlook Live but can't get that to connect not sure why.

I know this is "Wozzer's" rom but not being a Face Book person I wouldn't mind the same ROM without it since I'll most likly never use it.

Guest ryansnotcool1

i added the Pure Black theme off of XDA today and it adds all the appearance things that arent part of this build of 6.5 as well as making the phone alot more finger friendly in general, i'd recommend everyone try it.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=506584

as for anyone with a problem typing, i really like the shokka9 black keyboards and so i went back to them and they change all your xt9 settings back to the ones from the original ROM as well as getting rid of the key pop ups and smoothing things out. I do notice a bit of lag still when a new text is being received both in Vito SMS and in the standard messaging app

Guest WoZZeR999

I use the M2D Rom (I keep it turned off, but it allows me to test easier), and I've had this flash for about a week now. I have not run into any slow downs, and keyboard works fine.

Make sure you hit the windows button and wait a minute before resetting the phone.

If you are using titanium weather, how often do you have it update?

You can also use Advanced Config (built into rom), to change performance, and change the Cache size to 2mb, filter cache to 4096, and Glyph cache to 32K. Those settings may help.

Guest MrSmoofy

Another app question, I loved shozu but that was cause it would upload to flikr for me, is there a better app for this or should I just reinstall shozu?