--

Guest WoZZeR999

Guest xxmadhatter

hey WoZZeR. i figured out the issue. it was jus.tas i thought. when having turn off after xx minutes under power settings is causes the the phone to not wake up properly. i dont know why this happens, but maybe it just has ahard time reinitilizing things. hopefully you can figure this out but if i can keep that unchecked and still use this rom itll be worth it :D good luck sir

Guest WoZZeR999

Thanks for the info. I always used the power button. It could be an issue with 21222 that is beyond my ability to repair. I'm still waiting on a newer version to come out (hopefully with more eye candy).

Guest vbchan

Hey when i take a picture and try to send it as an MMS. it will not resize my pic so i can send it....i'm using m2d by the way any help?

Guest Steel Froggy
Looks like my question got over looked :lol:

Currently under programs, it shows solitaire, FM radio, File Explorer, and Fav Settings. How do I change those?

Normally you'd press that favorite button, but it seems to be broken.

Maybe this'll be fixed in the next release..

I find it hard to believe that you and I are the only ones with this issue. I too notice extreme lag when typing. It's slower than typing on a freaking storm. I don't know what happened. Do others truly not experience this? I was hoping not to have to hard reset or flash a diff ROM for a while, but it seems as though I may have to.

Finally! At least it isn't just me, glad to have found somebody else..

I'm going to try the post quoted below me, maybe you'd want to give that a shot as well?

I'll let you know how it goes as well. =\

i added the Pure Black theme off of XDA today and it adds all the appearance things that arent part of this build of 6.5 as well as making the phone alot more finger friendly in general, i'd recommend everyone try it.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=506584

as for anyone with a problem typing, i really like the shokka9 black keyboards and so i went back to them and they change all your xt9 settings back to the ones from the original ROM as well as getting rid of the key pop ups and smoothing things out. I do notice a bit of lag still when a new text is being received both in Vito SMS and in the standard messaging app

Thank you! I'm downloading this now. :D

Hope it'll be a good fix.. At least it'll be prettier if anything. :b

Guest aleis
i added the Pure Black theme off of XDA today and it adds all the appearance things that arent part of this build of 6.5 as well as making the phone alot more finger friendly in general, i'd recommend everyone try it.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=506584

as for anyone with a problem typing, i really like the shokka9 black keyboards and so i went back to them and they change all your xt9 settings back to the ones from the original ROM as well as getting rid of the key pop ups and smoothing things out. I do notice a bit of lag still when a new text is being received both in Vito SMS and in the standard messaging app

does this make the new scroll bar appear and the new menus show up??

Guest Steel Froggy
does this make the new scroll bar appear and the new menus show up??

Good question. I'll be able to tell you that shorty..

Guest Steel Froggy
Good question. I'll be able to tell you that shorty..

Yes, They do. :D

Note: FileExplorer is even a lot prettier, and as he said everything sofar is seemingly a LOT more finger friendly..

I'm really liking this. :lol:

Less lag too it seems so far...

I'm unable to test the sHoKKa keyboards right now.. they're uploaded as a .rar and I'm at my school without winrar installed etc. :b

Trying the black version of this instead..

http://www.modaco.com/content/i9x0-omnia-h...ed/#entry976735

Edited by Steel Froggy

Guest Steel Froggy
Yes, They do. :D

Note: FileExplorer is even a lot prettier, and as he said everything sofar is seemingly a LOT more finger friendly..

I'm really liking this. :lol:

Less lag too it seems so far...

I'm unable to test the sHoKKa keyboards right now.. they're uploaded as a .rar and I'm at my school without winrar installed etc. :b

Trying the black version of this instead..

http://www.modaco.com/content/i9x0-omnia-h...ed/#entry976735

Keyboard works! Without the slowdown and those stupid popup bubbles..

I'd really like to try sHoKKa's still, suppose that'll have to wait until I'm at home..

Still has some of the glitches the old keyboard did,

ie with xt9 on, if you type a word then ? or ! ((the only two i've really noticed so far)) and hit enter to finalize the word, it simply deletes it all.

I'm also making more mistakes than I did on the old keyboard ((from original omnia rom, before all the lagg)), but I take it the keys are just slightly off from the old and will just take some time to get used to.

Either way, loving so far and would recommend it!!

EDIT: Got around and tried the sHoKKa keyboard.. I don't like how much smaller the buttons are, but it's the same results as before. So probably just a matter of preference.

I DO love how the old xt9 is back with this keyboard though, whereas with the previous it kept the newer version.

I'd have to say the first keyboard's more attractive, though, and I do believe I"ll be switching back over.

Thank you to everyone!!

Edited by Steel Froggy

Guest Lb51oO
Keyboard works! Without the slowdown and those stupid popup bubbles..

I'd really like to try sHoKKa's still, suppose that'll have to wait until I'm at home..

Still has some of the glitches the old keyboard did,

ie with xt9 on, if you type a word then ? or ! ((the only two i've really noticed so far)) and hit enter to finalize the word, it simply deletes it all.

I'm also making more mistakes than I did on the old keyboard ((from original omnia rom, before all the lagg)), but I take it the keys are just slightly off from the old and will just take some time to get used to.

Either way, loving so far and would recommend it!!

EDIT: Got around and tried the sHoKKa keyboard.. I don't like how much smaller the buttons are, but it's the same results as before. So probably just a matter of preference.

I DO love how the old xt9 is back with this keyboard though, whereas with the previous it kept the newer version.

I'd have to say the first keyboard's more attractive, though, and I do believe I"ll be switching back over.

Thank you to everyone!!

Are there any keyboard skins for the new (letter popping) keyboard?

Guest Steel Froggy
Are there any keyboard skins for the new (letter popping) keyboard?

Not that I know of, but I'm sure there are.

Guest aleis
Not that I know of, but I'm sure there are.

really????

i could have sworn i tried this and it didnt work!

anyways!

off to experiment! :D

did you have to do anything special to enable them????

Guest Steel Froggy

Thank you to everyone!!

LOL seems like I got my wish!!

I installed the other keyboard over sHoKKa's.. and now I have the moreattractive keyboard with the old xt9! Huzzah!! (:

Guest Steel Froggy
really????

i could have sworn i tried this and it didnt work!

anyways!

off to experiment! :D

did you have to do anything special to enable them????

I'd have no idea. I hate the popup keyboard.

I'm simply saying, I see no reason astowhy they couldn't be skinned as well..

Probably work the same way, amirite?

Guest dmcnado
Looks like my question got over looked :D

Currently under programs, it shows solitaire, FM radio, File Explorer, and Fav Settings. How do I change those?

If you are asking about the programs line on the Today (titanium) screen, you can change those using Chome Editor (found in the utilities folder). Good "guide" and how to video found at: http://www.modaco.com/content/i900-general...m-config-wm6-5/

(modaco forum "titanium config wm6.5" post #1).

Guest aleis

i am officially happy!! :D

WOOOHOOOO!!! :lol:

this worked!

just choose pure black in the appearance tab (curvy tabs now wooot!) an done!

Edited by aleis

Guest WoZZeR999

Those must all be from the .tsk file. I'll have to take a look into it, and make the eyecandy default.

It may not be as hard as I thought...

Edited by WoZZeR999

Guest cuzzinz

Anyone Tried the Full Space Bar Keyboard... I think im going to try it right now...

http://www.samsung-omnia.org/third-party-s...row-space-bar)/

Edit:

Ok so i did it

If you go on the site it lists about 5 files to back up or delete.

The only one that you have to backup is:

Samsung_i900.Keyboard.Common.Portrait.Map.Symbols.map

None of the other ones exist because of the popup crap. I hate it btw... slows everything down. Install this keyboard and you will be in love FOREVER.

Also if you dont like the full row spacebar i believe the original file for the keyboard are in a cab on the site too... so you can go to the orig keyboard too. This full row spacebar is a godsend. Makes typing so much easier. Also the portrait is laid out better too.

Here is a preview:

post-459346-1242149197_thumb.jpg

post-459346-1242149204_thumb.jpg

Edited by cuzzinz

Guest varshaska
If you are asking about the programs line on the Today (titanium) screen, you can change those using Chome Editor (found in the utilities folder). Good "guide" and how to video found at: http://www.modaco.com/content/i900-general...m-config-wm6-5/

(modaco forum "titanium config wm6.5" post #1).

Thanks for the link, never seen it. Problem though, Programs under CHome screen cannot be removed. I noticed it is in a lower case "P". When I do try to disable/Enable, it adds a new one.

Guest aleis
Those must all be from the .tsk file. I'll have to take a look into it, and make the eyecandy default.

It may not be as hard as I thought...

yes!!

cause its too weird that it does not work until you select the .tsk file!

regardless, with the bug reporting and the eye candy, i cannot WAIT for the v3! :D

im still on version one.

Guest JDawg183

Ok, sorry i cant post this to the bug site, but I am at work and have limited access to some sites. I was just wondering if anyone else has noticed any problems with the alarm? I have had once that the alarm didnt go off at all and this morning it went off, but the snooze didnt work. If it werent for my impeccable internal alarm clock which goes off 3 minutes before i am supposed to wake up every morning, i would have been late the first day. Any ideas?

P.S. I do not hold WoZZer responsible for any meetings or days of work or missed calls or appointments or anything that happen because of this ROM :D Sorry had to throw that in because of the front page. Love you r work man, you rock!

Guest dmcnado
Thanks for the link, never seen it. Problem though, Programs under CHome screen cannot be removed. I noticed it is in a lower case "P". When I do try to disable/Enable, it adds a new one.

Yes, I hear you. I've been flying pretty blind w/ the titanium stuff. First thing I did was try to edit the programs panel & I messed it up badly. So then I deleted it but found out I didn't know how to add a new one! So I installed a titanium default cab I found on XDA, but that was worse because it's really basic (Wozzer's is built up somewhat) and I didn't know how to set up anything! Uninstalled that & back to using Wozzer's titanium set up. Figured out by trial and error that I can add a new panel, then go to add new page (app page). Now I have a programs panel (I named it launcher to distinguish it from the one named programs that I messed up) that I've customized by adding app pages. You have to have some icons before you can add the app pages (make your own... I think they have to be 42x42 pixels and in png format). Place the icons in \My Documents\My Pictures and the Chome Editor can find it. Without the icons it won't let you add the app pages.

Tried my hand at editing the cpr pages, just the size of the fonts (made some bigger). You can do the edits in Notepad. Just make sure you save a copy of the original cpr files in case you mess them up! I figured I would use Wozzer's v2 6.5 lite rom to teach myself how to customize titanium since I know I'll be flashing a new one soon & can start all over (hopefully having learned from my mistakes). If I can get titanium to my liking, I won't need any M2D or other shell which take up lots of space & memory. This device works a lot better & snappier w/ less bloat. :=)

Good luck!