--

Guest WoZZeR999

Guest Dblocker

dmcnado - I highly recommend you get the free Microsoft XML Notepad for your PC. It makes editing the Titanium...cpr xml file much easier. Understanding the structure of the xml and how to edit it gives you a lot of control over the format of your panels.

I've also been frustrated trying to use the CHome Editor and have noticed the same problem with the Programs panel. Turns out, for me at least, it's easier to just edit the registry entries directly using your favorite reg editor. Most of the entries are in HKLM\Software\Microsoft\CHome. To delete a panel or add a page just look in here for the particular panel. So for example to add a page I just copy one of the other pages for the panel and then just make the simple edits needed.

I love being able to totally customize the interface, and (mostly) have it working exactly the way I want. The only thing I haven't figured out how to do yet (I think it's hardcoded in a .dll) is change the app launched when you click on the Clock panel to launch the Samsung alarm clock instead of the Control Panel applet. But I've programmed the Right softkey to launch it so no big deal.

Guest m_tyson

i really like this rom and the new interface alot, thank you WoZZer.

toying around with titanium, i made a panel for Visual Voice Mail which provides new message notification on the condensed and expanded pages (like the basic voicemail panel), and also allows you to import your messages into pages you can scroll through (like the Opera panel does with bookmarks). i also made a navigate panel which is a launcher for GPS Today, Google Maps, and Live Search.

i am 99% happy with my Omnia now! i just need to figure out how to install Voice Command that wasn't included in the rom. any suggestions?

Guest Echew

Anyone get the Settings panel to show up? I'm trying to get at the Profiles panel. I tried adding DWORD=0 to the Settings panel and the Settings\Profile panel, and no luck...

Edited by Echew

Guest Dblocker

Hey I wonder if anyone knows if it's possible to modify the Samsung KeyPad (where there are two letters per key) to add a Period key somehow to the main qwerty screen?? I love this layout but have not found anyway to quickly type a period without switching over to the symbols screen. I know on some other manufacturer's phones you can double press the space bar to get a period but that doesn't work on the Omnia.

Any suggestions? I use the PhonePad (three letters per key) becaues it has a key for the period, but would prefer the qwerty like layout of the KeyPad.

Guest mikeycee123

anybody have problem w/ gps ? wont find my location says weak gps, and the weather tab the weather pic isn't in center its in corner of screen?

Guest dmcnado
dmcnado - I highly recommend you get the free Microsoft XML Notepad for your PC. It makes editing the Titanium...cpr xml file much easier. Understanding the structure of the xml and how to edit it gives you a lot of control over the format of your panels.

I've also been frustrated trying to use the CHome Editor and have noticed the same problem with the Programs panel. Turns out, for me at least, it's easier to just edit the registry entries directly using your favorite reg editor. Most of the entries are in HKLM\Software\Microsoft\CHome. To delete a panel or add a page just look in here for the particular panel. So for example to add a page I just copy one of the other pages for the panel and then just make the simple edits needed.

I love being able to totally customize the interface, and (mostly) have it working exactly the way I want. The only thing I haven't figured out how to do yet (I think it's hardcoded in a .dll) is change the app launched when you click on the Clock panel to launch the Samsung alarm clock instead of the Control Panel applet. But I've programmed the Right softkey to launch it so no big deal.

Hey, thanks for the advice. I will have to try out the registry editing and the XML notepad. I'm pretty new at this, but not afraid to try! I will definitely be trying these out soon (before I update the rom to v3). One question: At the top of the titanium Today screen there are those little icons w/ the #s next to them (e.g., icon representing call log, w/ the number of missed calls next to it). How do I edit those? Right now no matter which icon I click on, they all go to the same place (e.g., all the icons on the 1st row take me to the call log and all the icons on the 2nd row take me to the wireless manager).

Thanks!

Guest michaelnhf

I just updated to your v2 and lost my WIFI under comm manager?? any sugestions, i did a hard reset before i flashed?

Guest jstuart91
Can i change the "Home Service" to Verizon Wireless in the Clock Panel?

Install personalizer. It will pop up and you can put in whatever you want as your service provider and it will show up anywhere that usually has your service provider (clock screen in titanium, top of S2U2, ect)

Personalizer_2.0.cab

Guest Itlooksfast

I have a few questions...I had Jave blend before the WM6.5 ROM flash and the games I had works perfectly. Now with the new Java Powered in the 6.5 ROM I didnt install Jblend..I tried playing the same games again. It would let me open the game but it wouldnt let me pass the "Do you want to enable sound?" question. Once I answer (yes or no) it would just shuts off. It happens to all of the java games and probably all .JAR games. Is there any way I can get rid of the Java that comes with the ROM and replace with Jblend or make Jblend be the default Java player?

I dont use Window Media at all...since I have Coreplayer. Can I get rid of it..like completely? If so, how?

Guest josephsmodaco

new to the community.... have a question. using stock rom. when adding a cab such as google maps or live search... it does not show the icon for it under the start button/honeycomb. instead it says the name of program and the default white icon for missing icons. i reinstall the programs and they reappear but after a reset they dissapear again. was just wondering how i could solve this issue... thanks

Guest charles2995
new to the community.... have a question. using stock rom. when adding a cab such as google maps or live search... it does not show the icon for it under the start button/honeycomb. instead it says the name of program and the default white icon for missing icons. i reinstall the programs and they reappear but after a reset they dissapear again. was just wondering how i could solve this issue... thanks

whenever i restart the phone it defaults to the ms keyboard even tho i set it to xt9

i have both of these problems

Guest gge5
I have a few questions...I had Jave blend before the WM6.5 ROM flash and the games I had works perfectly. Now with the new Java Powered in the 6.5 ROM I didnt install Jblend..I tried playing the same games again. It would let me open the game but it wouldnt let me pass the "Do you want to enable sound?" question. Once I answer (yes or no) it would just shuts off. It happens to all of the java games and probably all .JAR games. Is there any way I can get rid of the Java that comes with the ROM and replace with Jblend or make Jblend be the default Java player?

I was running across the same problem. I wasn't able to remove Jbed, but you can install Jblend side-by-side. Then, instead of running the .jar file to install it, you need to move your .jar into "\Storage Card\Program Files\Jblend\InstalledMidlets". Then, run Jblend and your app should show up on the list.

If you can't find the Jblend folder it's because you're looking in the "My Storage" folder instead of "Storage Card".

Guest cuzzinz
whenever i restart the phone it defaults to the ms keyboard even tho i set it to xt9

Google "Omnia SIP"

I think its the first link... Its a program that sets the default keyboard. That or wait for wozzer to fix it...

Guest Lb51oO

anyone having trouble with the phone settings menu? anytime i go into it and change my ringtone or ringer type and hit ok it stays on the same screen. when i hit the end call bitton to get out of the screen it doesnt save my changes...

Guest Dblocker

dmcnado - the all in one notifications panel is called CHome and the settings panel (with wireless mgr, etc) is called CLink. Are you running WoZZeR's newest ROM? He included these and should be working properly (unless you played around and messed something up - all too easy to do :-)

Are you swiping your finger left or right to slide to the next page of the panel? What I mean is from the Today screen you see the notification panel right? And it shows maybe you have 2 missed calls and 3 new email. You move the slider down onto the panel or click on it and it expands. The notification panel will shows pages that have some number before any with 0. So maybe you first see Missed Calls. Then you swipe to the right and see Voicemail. and so on... if you're clicking on the voicemail page from the expanded view and getting missed calls pop up then the panel is definitely wacked. I can give you working versions of the xml and registry for this panel if you need it.

Guest syrguy1969
anyone having trouble with the phone settings menu? anytime i go into it and change my ringtone or ringer type and hit ok it stays on the same screen. when i hit the end call bitton to get out of the screen it doesnt save my changes...

Same problem here!! I was wondering if it was just me, it happens on a couple cooked ROMs I have used. The only way out of that screen is hitting the end button, and the only way to change ringtones is either individually through a CM app or by a long press on a tone and clicking in 'set as ringtone' on the pop-up menu!!

Guest Titanas

Screw this crap, I flashed with the CC20 image file and everything worked perfectly. Then when I tried this, following the directions to the T is gives me MONAHANS. This s*** doesn't badword work.

Guest bike1dad2
Screw this crap, I flashed with the CC20 image file and everything worked perfectly. Then when I tried this, following the directions to the T is gives me MONAHANS. This s*** doesn't badword work.

Try reflashing. Make sure your phone is sufficiently charged. Try reflashing the cc20, then play with it a bit, don't just flash again. I also close umdl and restart the computer between flashes. It does work and you diminish what other people are doing out of kindness by cursing and all that. Be patient, take each step one at a time. All of the chef's are working hard to accomodate us and fortunately the rewards are huge. Hats off to Wozz, Adryn, Blazingwolf, and bgill and anyone else that is giving it a go. Blessings on your challenge. :D

Guest Titanas

I would love if it worked, I really wanted to try WinMo 6.5. The screen does not come on and in the UMDL nothing happens. I can't flash it again because the phone isn't detected by my computer as a phone. If I could get it to boot from the SD card that would be great, but you need a combination of button presses to get it to load and no one knows it.

Edited by Titanas

Guest blazingwolf
I would love if it worked, I really wanted to try WinMo 6.5. The screen does not come on and in the UMDL nothing happens.

With the screen you mentioned you need a new phone. Nothing will fix this right now. Also, remember that you did this at your own risk.