--

Guest WoZZeR999

Guest reydiodj
The alignment dosent seem to be as good as v2 for some reason on my omnia. Ive tryed to align it again but it still isnt right. Did you change anything with the alignment or screen in v3?

See if this registry hack helps you:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=51532

Improve Screen Calibration (sensitivity)

1. Open your Registry Editor(PHM Registry Editor)

2. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/HARDWARE/DEVICEMAP/TOUCH/

3. Click on CalibrationData

4. Value Data change to > 519,503 177,881 182,129 847,127 849,872

5. Click OK to save it.

You may also wish to copy down the old data before you input the new one.

Guest Yelofnitsuj
Yes, flashing removes your customizations/programs/etc.

so there's no way to just update to the new version, you'd have to flash it all over again?

Guest MrSmoofy
Just installed the STOCK 6.5 v3 rom but poking around I found the honey comb menu isn't there and the black theme I thought you said you included isn't there. Also found the dice game (was just poking around) doesn't work.

I see CHome editor is there in utilities but what is it for?

Ok figured out the honey comb menu forgot about turning off large screen setting.

Also realized what the CHome editor is for DUH!

Now how do you set the cool new theam I see it there but don't see how to enamle that.

Guest monsterpt
A while back I said I couldn't make the move to a modified ROM because I needed / wanted a reliable GPS system for my phone. As I have sat back and watched the progression of the modified 6.5's for the Omnia be released, I have been pleasantly surprised. Having seen the work done on the XV6900 to get it from a slower than **** device to a somewhat workable WiMo phone, I can honestly say that I am ready to modify my Omnia.

I'm actually running WoZZeR's previous build of the 6.5 Lite. The one thing that bothered me was that Office wasn't included - I have to have some way to edit my checkbook ledger (Excel) while I'm on the go. Having a folder called Office and another called Office (1) is annoying - hopefully this is resolved in the latest build.

People, you do realize that you can move the files from one folder to the other and then delete the empty one. Go to the registry and copy/paste/cut the file you want to move into whichever folder you want.

Guest Chris H11

If you read the second post (change log) it looks like the PureBlack theme is not added in the stock rom. If you look back a couple pages you'll find it.

Guest reydiodj
so there's no way to just update to the new version, you'd have to flash it all over again?

Yes.

Think about it this way...

Flashing a phone is like the reinstall of the whole operating system - although wozzer is updating his ROM, to apply an updated ROM on a phone involves a reinstall.

Starting from square one everytime you try a new ROM is something you have to expect to get a better experience.

Guest MrSmoofy
If you read the second post (change log) it looks like the PureBlack theme is not added in the stock rom. If you look back a couple pages you'll find it.

Yea figured that might be the case to I installed the M2D version and I see it in themes but my phone looks nothing like the screen shots over at XDA

Guest Draconius

If I install wozzers lite, but then want the M2D do I just reflash the phone? Also, if I want to go back to 6.1 do I just reflash it with the CC20 ROM>

Guest cuzzinz

Something else i just noticed changed in v3... When i typed a name in the TO field for sms it use to suggest names.... now it doesnt ... i can live with that but wow was that a great feature before....

Now i just use check names....but auto suggest was WAYYYY BETTER!

Edited by cuzzinz

Guest monsterpt

I posted earlier that m.carroll has made a Gloss Black theme as well as the Pure Black. May not be for everyone but I think it is sick looking. Check back in this thread for the link.

Guest Squintz82

Anyone else have this problem?

I LOVE the rounded tabs and shadows in v.3. However, after enabling Touchflo in the M2D version, the rounded tabs and shadows dissapear, and I can't get them back. It looks like 6.1 now (aside from the 6.5 start menu).

Guest MrSmoofy
I posted earlier that m.carroll has made a Gloss Black theme as well as the Pure Black. May not be for everyone but I think it is sick looking. Check back in this thread for the link.

Right I read that and WoZZer said he was including it which I see it in the theme's folder but it doesn't show up to select it as a theme. If you go to add/remove programs you can't remove it either (probably cause it's part of the rom) so I just installed the QVGA one is that right or should I install the VGA one?

Guest cuzzinz
Ok so yeah 6.5 Lite.... is Bad asss!!!! Best Rom I have ever used. Its fast... with soooo much memory available.

The only 3 little gripes i have are:

1. Touch player removed means no click to play in Media Album.

2. Clock still shows Home Service instead of vzw or verizon wireless

3. Data Connection no launching.... That is all!

Its fast... stable...and ... just wonderful lol.

Something else i just noticed changed in v3... When i typed a name in the TO field for sms it use to suggest names.... now it doesnt ... i can live with that but wow was that a great feature before....

Now i just use check names....but auto suggest was WAYYYY BETTER!

also in the v3 lite update i noticed you cant unzip files directly from file explorer you have to use total commander... which... is eh to me. It works but File Explorer is so much simpler. Whatever plugin that was included on the omnia is no longer present and the only thing i can find on the net is Quickzip File Explorer plugin which is 6 bucks... so for now ill stick with total commander but i thought I would point this out.

Guest monsterpt
Right I read that and WoZZer said he was including it which I see it in the theme's folder but it doesn't show up to select it as a theme. If you go to add/remove programs you can't remove it either (probably cause it's part of the rom) so I just installed the QVGA one is that right or should I install the VGA one?

QVGA works on Omnia

Guest MrSmoofy
QVGA works on Omnia

Thanks guess I should post what I found for wozzer in his bug tracker.

My next question is the CHome editor, is there a way to get Visual Voice Mail to show up?

Guest wamsille
People, you do realize that you can move the files from one folder to the other and then delete the empty one. Go to the registry and copy/paste/cut the file you want to move into whichever folder you want.

Replies like yours PISS ME OFF. First, I didn't know you could do that. Why? Because while there are 24 hours in a day, 8 of them are spent at work, another 8 sleeping and the rest I can tell you aren't devoted to tinkering around with my phone. I have a life, a wife and two kids to occupy my time. If I happen to stumble across something it is because I continued to look into it or happened to come across a forum posting that answered my question.

There is probably someone else out there that didn't know how to handle that, either. Should they be shot on sight? No. There isn't such a thing as a stupid question - especially when flashing a non-stock BETA ROM.

Damn.

Guest monsterpt
Replies like yours PISS ME OFF. First, I didn't know you could do that. Why? Because while there are 24 hours in a day, 8 of them are spent at work, another 8 sleeping and the rest I can tell you aren't devoted to tinkering around with my phone. I have a life, a wife and two kids to occupy my time. If I happen to stumble across something it is because I continued to look into it or happened to come across a forum posting that answered my question.

There is probably someone else out there that didn't know how to handle that, either. Should they be shot on sight? No. There isn't such a thing as a stupid question - especially when flashing a non-stock BETA ROM.

Damn.

Only 8 hours at work?! You must work for the government. Last time I had hours like that I worked for the state.

Sounds like you need more than 8 hours of sleep.

Sorry if I offended but this question had already been answered once. I was just trying to keep the excess posts to a minimum as we already have 1000+ in this thread.

Guest gdwrnch29
A while back I said I couldn't make the move to a modified ROM because I needed / wanted a reliable GPS system for my phone. As I have sat back and watched the progression of the modified 6.5's for the Omnia be released, I have been pleasantly surprised. Having seen the work done on the XV6900 to get it from a slower than **** device to a somewhat workable WiMo phone, I can honestly say that I am ready to modify my Omnia.

I'm actually running WoZZeR's previous build of the 6.5 Lite. The one thing that bothered me was that Office wasn't included - I have to have some way to edit my checkbook ledger (Excel) while I'm on the go. Having a folder called Office and another called Office (1) is annoying - hopefully this is resolved in the latest build.

For anyone with the duplicate "Office Mobile" folders, simply use activesync to browse to the omnia's windows/start menu/programs/office mobile (1), copy all shortcuts (excel, powerpoint, word and icon) and paste them into windows/start menu/programs/office mobile (where

onenote should reside). Then delete the "Office Mobile (1)" folder. That is what I did, works like a charm now.

Guest gdwrnch29
For anyone with the duplicate "Office Mobile" folders, simply use activesync to browse to the omnia's windows/start menu/programs/office mobile (1), copy all shortcuts (excel, powerpoint, word and icon) and paste them into windows/start menu/programs/office mobile (where

onenote should reside). Then delete the "Office Mobile (1)" folder. That is what I did, works like a charm now.

Sorry, stopped on page 53 to reply to this issue, have since gone through the entire thread and see that this has already been answered.

Guest enkryptik

just flashed the .03 lite version, added touch player and couple other things and restored spb backup file and all is working perfect. thanks for all the hard work.

Guest maldonj1
That is in Sounds and Notifications... Start>Settings>Sounds & Notifications, under the Notifications tab, select the Connection established event and uncheck the box for "Display message on the screen."

Dude! do you have any idea how helpful that info is!? THANKS! that probably the most useful bit of advice since "wear a condom"!!...LOL Thanks again, im sure wozzer will disable that bad boy in his next rom..lol, its these little tidbits and tweaks that will make wozzerss rom the best out

Edited by maldonj1

Guest smithandahalf

hey everyone i'm new here and have been enjoying wozzer's 6.5 releases since version 1.

i just flashed to version 3 lite from version 2 and now the windows default today screen has totally changed. before, the top item on the scroll list was the home service with all the icons underneath it for wireless, missed calls, ect. exactly like wozzer's pic in the first post. now the top of the list is the pictures panel and there isn't any panel in the list that has those handy shortcuts...

i haven't seen anyone else with this problem so maybe i'm just doing something wrong?