--

Guest WoZZeR999

Guest MadTripper
ok so i have flashed quite a few phones in the past from different carriers. I followed the instructions to a "T", the omnia flashing tool showed all ok via the log file, the phone reset and now im stuck in a frozen omnia boot screen (the one that says samsung omnia with the glowing progress bar). I have searched all over these forums and others of course and I cannot find any report of something like this happening. I even did a hard reset after leaving the phone unplugged with the battery out for awhile now. anyone know where i can get an original i910 rom so i can start over or any other suggestions? thank you

Try flashing the c20 rom and see if it comes back to life.

Guest maldonj1
ok so i have flashed quite a few phones in the past from different carriers. I followed the instructions to a "T", the omnia flashing tool showed all ok via the log file, the phone reset and now im stuck in a frozen omnia boot screen (the one that says samsung omnia with the glowing progress bar). I have searched all over these forums and others of course and I cannot find any report of something like this happening. I even did a hard reset after leaving the phone unplugged with the battery out for awhile now. anyone know where i can get an original i910 rom so i can start over or any other suggestions? thank you

just reflash it, that happened to me yesterday on one of the phones i was flashing when i hadnt completely loaded the USB drivers and it lost its connection, it was sitting at the samsung glowing bar screen and i just pulled the battery and got the umdl program ready to flash clicked detect so once i turned the phone back on it was detected and flashed correctly, phone working fine now.

Guest faroramzes
just reflash it, that happened to me yesterday on one of the phones i was flashing when i hadnt completely loaded the USB drivers and it lost its connection, it was sitting at the samsung glowing bar screen and i just pulled the battery and got the umdl program ready to flash clicked detect so once i turned the phone back on it was detected and flashed correctly, phone working fine now.

i have reflashed it like three times though, and still nothing i will try the c20 rom, any idea where i can find that or should i just search this site. thanks

edit ok it looks like i found the stock c20 rom, but i get .bin file error after the phone gets pat the erase flash confirmation on screen.

Edited by faroramzes

Guest MrSmoofy
The rom doesn't come loaded w/ the icons. You have to put them on yourself. Path that I used (that works) is /My Documents/My Pictures. CHome Editor was able to find them automatically. Your icons need to be 42x42 pixels and png format.

I know the rom doesn't come with them. Visual Voice Mail is in programs list and it shows with the VVM icon but it is getting the icon from the exe not from a png so I'm trying to figure out a if CHome Editor can use the icon in the exe or if it has to be a png and if that is so is there a way to extract the icon from the exe to a png?

Guest jamesLJ

alright I finally got over my fears today and flashed my phone, went VERY smoothly!! awesome job, now to customize my 6.5 and get some money in my paypal to send a little love your way!

Guest anarkie13
i have reflashed it like three times though, and still nothing i will try the c20 rom, any idea where i can find that or should i just search this site. thanks

edit ok it looks like i found the stock c20 rom, but i get .bin file error after the phone gets pat the erase flash confirmation on screen.

Look here: http://www.modaco.com/content/i910-specifi...ooked-rom-i910/

This should hopefully help, and is highly advised before flashing cooked roms.

Guest maldonj1

are you getting errors on the phone or in the UMDL flash program? if its on the program you just hit ok till it starts flashing, if its on the phone and your flashing with the verizon stock rom are you selecting the unified image file(*.img) button?, then after the stock rom you flash with the PDA button. hope this helps

Guest TheDrizzle

I was holding out for the mysterious "May 11th" ROM that turned out to be a bust, so I took the plunge last night, and everything went great! I need to investigate more about wm6.5 ,CHome, customization, etc. Thanks WoZZeR for your amazing work! I was thinking in a future version you should include the HTC Sensor API DLLs since they are really small and are necessary to run any of the HTC "g sensor" apps on our Omnias. Ok off to play with my phone....

Guest monsterpt
I know the rom doesn't come with them. Visual Voice Mail is in programs list and it shows with the VVM icon but it is getting the icon from the exe not from a png so I'm trying to figure out a if CHome Editor can use the icon in the exe or if it has to be a png and if that is so is there a way to extract the icon from the exe to a png?

CHome will not use the .exe to extract the .png file. You will have to hunt around for a usable icon file (google is your friend). I downloaded a couple packs from the internet that gave me hundreds of .png files to use that suit my needs. I am using 48x48 icons and they work well. CHome will resize them if needed. Once you have selected the app and it asks you for the icon, just pick from your list that you put in the My Storage/my documents folder. I have changed most of my icons this way and I think it is nicer than the stock icons. I'm not really using the start menu at all right now because I have everything I need in the panels on Today.

Guest enkryptik

just having issue with getting gps lock now but I'm going to mess around with it to see wtf is going on. Usually I wouldn't care too much but seeing how I bought a license to gPC, I really gotta get my gps working. I refuse to go back to windows mobile 6.1!!!!

EDIT: excuse my retardedness. After flashing to 6.5, I forgot to enable location on in gps settings. Whoops :D. Guess I need to flash more often to create habit of enabling it from the start :lol:

working now. woot!

Edited by enkryptik

Guest maxxve

I found that using SPB Backup's full restore function got rid of some of the "new" features of Wozzer's V.3 6.5 rom. I had to restore everything but the registry, which left a bunch of dead program links and I'm unable to uninstall them.

Oh well... it's still so much better than it originally was. Especially with MS3 installed.

Guest wamsille
Only 8 hours at work?! You must work for the government. Last time I had hours like that I worked for the state.

Sounds like you need more than 8 hours of sleep.

Sorry if I offended but this question had already been answered once. I was just trying to keep the excess posts to a minimum as we already have 1000+ in this thread.

Who died and made you the forum police? Seriously.

:D

I had an honest gripe. I wasn't about to read the supposed 1,000+ posts because a lot of them were about issues I didn't have nor did I know how to fix them, or they were complimenting WoZZ on his efforts. My question has been answered - end of story.

No, I don't work for the government. No, I don't need more than 8 hours of sleep. Want to moderate a forum? Volunteer here and get the title or put together your own forum and stop people everytime they have an honest question just because somewhere between 50+ pages it has already been asked. Who has time to sift through that? You really want to contribute? Put together a FAQ that WoZZ can put at the front page.

Guest WoZZeR999

I would just like to give everyone a heads up that I will be gone for the weekend again (this time for a beer festival!). Keep posting to the bug tracker, and I will get back to you on sunday hopefully...

Guest rovercash

Hey guys, having some problems with the chome editor. When I try to add certain items it won't work. I can create a panel and add the chome editor to it and it works fine, but if I try creating a panel and adding like touch player or something like that it doesn't work. I can go through all the steps and it works fine, but once I hit save page, I get an error, "An error occured on sub_main_writepagereg. An error occured retrieving the registry key.

Any help would be aprreciated.

Guest AngusATAT
I would just like to give everyone a heads up that I will be gone for the weekend again (this time for a beer festival!). Keep posting to the bug tracker, and I will get back to you on sunday hopefully...

Oooh, a beer fest. Enjoy! Have a few for me, would ya?

Guest Draconius

Stupid Simple question. How do you change the background on Titanium mode? I run M2D but when in honeycomb start menu is shows the Titanium background. Anything would help!

Guest dmcnado
Hey guys, having some problems with the chome editor. When I try to add certain items it won't work. I can create a panel and add the chome editor to it and it works fine, but if I try creating a panel and adding like touch player or something like that it doesn't work. I can go through all the steps and it works fine, but once I hit save page, I get an error, "An error occured on sub_main_writepagereg. An error occured retrieving the registry key.

Any help would be aprreciated.

Try editing the registry directly. It is much easier once you figure it out. Path is: \HKLM\Software\Microsoft\CHome\... and I am using Total Commander, which is included in Wozzer's rom.

Edited by dmcnado

Guest dmcnado
Stupid Simple question. How do you change the background on Titanium mode? I run M2D but when in honeycomb start menu is shows the Titanium background. Anything would help!

Go to Settings/Today and you can check the box to show background. Then you can browse and pick any background you want to use. M2D will not be affected, but you will have your selected background on the start menu. And when you get tired of one, you can change it.

Guest kettigm
Who died and made you the forum police? Seriously.

:D

I had an honest gripe. I wasn't about to read the supposed 1,000+ posts because a lot of them were about issues I didn't have nor did I know how to fix them, or they were complimenting WoZZ on his efforts. My question has been answered - end of story.

No, I don't work for the government. No, I don't need more than 8 hours of sleep. Want to moderate a forum? Volunteer here and get the title or put together your own forum and stop people everytime they have an honest question just because somewhere between 50+ pages it has already been asked. Who has time to sift through that? You really want to contribute? Put together a FAQ that WoZZ can put at the front page.

Just my 2 cents: If people would read before they post a question there wouldn't be 1000+ posts to have to go through. Also, there is a search function in the forum that works quite well.

I know it's alot to go through but you would be surprised how much you will learn.

Guest punkwhan

Does anyone know where to get the customized taskbar for WM6.5, especially for V2 ROM?

I tried a few I found on xda and none of them worked.

Thanks.

Guest omniafanatic

Hi guys,

Running lite V2 right now, going to flash to V3, I was just wondering if the freezing issue was fixed in V3??? (When the phone goes to sleep it won't wake up unless a soft reset) I'm still having to soft reset at least 2-3 times a day. I haven't seen any posts on it lately so I was wondering if someone was able to fix this and I missed it somewhere....so my question is does anyone running the V3 roms have this problem??

Guest aleis
Just my 2 cents: If people would read before they post a question there wouldn't be 1000+ posts to have to go through. Also, there is a search function in the forum that works quite well.

I know it's alot to go through but you would be surprised how much you will learn.

also if you have a job and you cant sneak to get online to read the forums you need a new job!

joke :D

Guest rovercash
Try editing the registry directly. It is much easier once you figure it out. Path is: \HKLM\Software\Microsoft\CHome\... and I am using Total Commander, which is included in Wozzer's rom.

Thanks for the reply, but I do not see Total Commander. I tried searching for it and nothing came up. I have wozzers rom as well (the stock version) which from my understanding should have everything and nothing removed, correct? I guess I'll try downloading Total Commander then.

Guest kettigm
Major problem!

My phone will no longer connect to my PC for putting files on there!!!

HELP!!!!!

are you using activesync? did you turn "allow USB connections" back on in connection settings after flashing?