--

Guest WoZZeR999

Guest maldonj1
Just my 2 cents: If people would read before they post a question there wouldn't be 1000+ posts to have to go through. Also, there is a search function in the forum that works quite well.

I know it's alot to go through but you would be surprised how much you will learn.

yea ive learned so much searching and reading that ill be looking for one thing and find something else that i needed anyways, that said i would like to point out the search box above that will allow everyone to search the ENTIRE forum and the search box Below at the end of the post which will allow you to ONLY search the post you are in, so if your looking for a new taskbar, you first search using top search, that will get you to the post with the pertinent information, THEN you search the TOPIC and that should take you to the page with the relevant information. easy squeezie.

Edited by maldonj1

Guest smithandahalf

i'm still have a problem with the welcomecenter panel never showing up with the windows default theme. ever since i flashed to v3 it has disappeared. even when i go to the chome editor it is listed. I have disabled it, enabled, saved, and reset. but nothing seems to work. everything that shows up in the chome list shows up on my phone except for the welcome center.

anyone know what i'm doing wrong?

Guest bizzybiz

Great job thank you for all your hard work!!!! :D I am having a problem with voice command and cannot find the program for it to link with button. Any suggestions? I am also looking for help with You Tube only playing for a few seconds before buffering is needed. Thank you again your are the man!!!

Edited by bizzybiz

Guest jamesLJ

okay two quick things, when I enable twitter and facebook it dosent show up? any suggestions, also how do I enable the lock screen to pop up automatically? like after 10 minutes of non usage lock the pohone, and awesome awesome rom!

Guest kettigm
okay two quick things, when I enable twitter and facebook it dosent show up? any suggestions, also how do I enable the lock screen to pop up automatically? like after 10 minutes of non usage lock the pohone, and awesome awesome rom!

Go to 'Settings/Personal/Buttons/Wake up'. Check "when device is woken up", lock device. Make sure phone set to "turn off device" after 'x' minutes in power settings.

Edited by kettigm

Guest lbhi2005
Major problem!

My phone will no longer connect to my PC for putting files on there!!!

HELP!!!!!

you have to change your ActiveSync connections to enable USB again after flashing.

Guest coollc

WoZZeR, great job.

Just have one problem. How do I access the Data Connection under Settings?

I used to do this: http://search.vzw.com/?do=viewdoc&id=21460

Now the icon is there but does not have any functions. When I click on it, it acts like it is going to open and closes so fast it dosn't let me do anything. Without that option I can't set my omnia as a modem through USB so I can change the PRL.

Thanks

Guest reydiodj
I had an honest gripe. I wasn't about to read the supposed 1,000+ posts because a lot of them were about issues I didn't have nor did I know how to fix them, or they were complimenting WoZZ on his efforts. My question has been answered - end of story.

A word of caution - to protect your investment in that piece of technology in your pocket, always, always, always, ALWAYS, take the time and read as much as you can when it involves flashing and it will be worth it.

I've had many a person come up to me in a user group meeting or via PMs and I can't say that enough. Even I waited and re-read the 50+ pages 3 times, while watching my 2 children, tending to my girlfriend, and being on-call 25/8 - and I've been flashing ROMs since the XDA (Wallaby)!

Guest dmcnado
Thanks for the reply, but I do not see Total Commander. I tried searching for it and nothing came up. I have wozzers rom as well (the stock version) which from my understanding should have everything and nothing removed, correct? I guess I'll try downloading Total Commander then.

I thought Wozzer had added Total Commander to all his roms, but maybe only to the M2D and Lite versions. I have been using Total Commander because it's already on the rom I flashed, but you can also check out PHMRegEdit (I used that before I flashed the first leaked rom) or SimpleRegEdit or Resco File Explorer (all come highly recommended although I have not personally tried them). PHMRegEdit is free and you can find SimpleRegEdit and Resco on Handango. Total Commander is freeware (see link).

Total Commander: http://www.ghisler.com/pocketpc.htm

Guest zr2ee

just read a news post released today news link

windows mobile 6.5 is complete and has been released to developers, so we should be able to get our grubby little hands on the full copy sometime soon i would suspect

Guest Draconius
are you using activesync? did you turn "allow USB connections" back on in connection settings after flashing?

I'm running vista so Media center, and it is on. I even turned it off then on again. Rebooted my computer...still nothing

Guest kettigm
I'm running vista so Media center, and it is on. I even turned it off then on again. Rebooted my computer...still nothing

You mean "Mobile Device Center" I think. You need to go into Mobile device settings/connection settings and check allow USB connections.

Guest MadTripper

I thought I'd add a little update.

I'm running M2D v3 and so far, love it.  I spent the day at a tech conference, (won a kindle 2 btw) and used GoogleMaps as GPS which is very clean.  I wish it had some basics like speed and so on but oh well, it is very nice.  

I also loaded spb 3.0.1 beta as suggested earlier in the forum, http://www.spbclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=25171 and wow is that cool.  Almost too much but I'll keep playing for a while.  

Titanium Weather is the best weather program I have found but I can only use it with spb uninstalled and in windows default mode.  Probably an error or lack of knowledge on my end but I'm still playing/learning.  

I had it lock up on me today however it was while using IE whereas I'm normally using Opera.  I was trying to access ustream and get flash installed.

Again, great work and so far everything appears to be extremely stable.  I pulled my phone off the charger at 6:15am, used GoogleMaps with GPS for at least 3 hours, played all day, made some phone calls, and put it back on the charger when it yelled about low battery around 5pm.  

Tripper

Guest m_tyson

within the included TCPMP (v2 M2D version), i get an "included all plugins" pop-up window at launch. is there a way to disable this? i can't figure it out. :D tia

Guest maldonj1
WoZZeR, great job.

Just have one problem. How do I access the Data Connection under Settings?

I used to do this: http://search.vzw.com/?do=viewdoc&id=21460

Now the icon is there but does not have any functions. When I click on it, it acts like it is going to open and closes so fast it dosn't let me do anything. Without that option I can't set my omnia as a modem through USB so I can change the PRL.

Thanks

till he fixes the link click start twice to get to windows default, settings, connections and there you will see USB to PC, unchecl that box, and USB connection mode is the other to check

Guest charles2995

didn't the previous version of this rom have a contacts tab and an opera tab? i flashed with .03 and my current build is 21222.5.0.1 yet it seems like im back on .01? is this the way it should be?

Guest maldonj1
didn't the previous version of this rom have a contacts tab and an opera tab? i flashed with .03 and my current build is 21222.5.0.1 yet it seems like im back on .01? is this the way it should be?

you might have flashed with the lite version

Guest Draconius
You mean "Mobile Device Center" I think. You need to go into Mobile device settings/connection settings and check allow USB connections.

duh.

I wrote "media center" off the top of my head...I know where to turn on/off USB connections...afterall...I DID flash my rom and you can't do it withOUT turning USB connections off.

Guest WdGldDave

Hey everyone! I've been lurking about for some time and really dig Wozzer's roms. I'm curious about an issue that I discovered going from ver. 2 to 3. Ver. 2 Lite was missing the MS Office apps so I added them with the cab available with the other stock cabs. When I added it, my email started autofilling the email addresses once again in the "to" dialogue. Since I bough my Omnia I have been missing this feature. I was ecstatic to see that it was once again working.

After flashing to ver. 3 I noticed that the autofill for email addresses was once again gone. I reinstalled the MS Office cab but still have no auto suggest. I really love ver. 3 but man it was nice to have the auto suggest back for email addresses. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Edited by WdGldDave

Guest MrSmoofy
CHome will not use the .exe to extract the .png file. You will have to hunt around for a usable icon file (google is your friend). I downloaded a couple packs from the internet that gave me hundreds of .png files to use that suit my needs. I am using 48x48 icons and they work well. CHome will resize them if needed. Once you have selected the app and it asks you for the icon, just pick from your list that you put in the My Storage/my documents folder. I have changed most of my icons this way and I think it is nicer than the stock icons. I'm not really using the start menu at all right now because I have everything I need in the panels on Today.

Thanks, my hunt begins :D

Guest MrSmoofy

Does anyone else have issue with the volume getting really low even when turned all the way up and then to fix it you have to soft reboot? Seems like it's happening to me alot.

Also sometimes when I use the volume up and down buttons I get the new dial looking volume control and sometime I get the old slider controls same when I tap on the speaker icon.

Edited by MrSmoofy

Guest Mercuie

Wow this rom is amazing, i never post but i read, but had to say v3 rocks. Fixed all my bugs, and added the best feature for me on stupid Verizon, getting over 160 char texts. My phone will now take them all, and split it the same way it splits em when i send em. We both still get the error message that verizon sends out, but hey i'll take the error if my friends can finally send me long texts. Great work.

PS. there should be an option to disable the pop up visual for the keyboard, slows typing down so much. I mean yeah its easy to replace the keyboard, but just a suggestion.

I love you WoZZer, you make my Omnia not suck. :D