--

Guest WoZZeR999

Guest charles2995

while alll of this is nice and it works 99% of the time, i still do hope to be able to one day stop flashing my phone with new roms. i just want it to work with no issues. im hoping the new 6.5 firmware that was released today should help with this.

Guest faroramzes

thank you all i got it going...i completly overlooked the .img button, i was able to reflash to stock then flash upto the modded 6.1 rom...wozzer is the man keep up the great work. (i couldnt get the 6.5 rom to flash properly...will try again soon though).

Guest kettigm
duh.

I wrote "media center" off the top of my head...I know where to turn on/off USB connections...afterall...I DID flash my rom and you can't do it withOUT turning USB connections off.

Duh?! Really? Are you 12? If your so smart then figure it out on your own. 99% of the time when you can't transfer from the phone after a flash it's because you forgot to turn the USB connections back on. I have no idea what would cause the other 1%

Guest Draconius

obviously i already tried that and also people already suggested the usb connection issue. i too would like to figure out the other 1%. it's an annoying issue. just frustrated sorry.

Guest coollc
till he fixes the link click start twice to get to windows default, settings, connections and there you will see USB to PC, unchecl that box, and USB connection mode is the other to check

Thanks for your response.

I've done that but my pc won't see it again as a modem nor will it assign it a port so I can access it with QPST.

Darn it, I want to put a new prl in it.

Guest brandon7s

Lovin' the ROM, Wozzer. It's lovely. I do have one simple question though: how do I change the background/wallpaper of the M2D screens, like People, Programs, Settings, Internet, Messages, etc. I can change the one for Home, but I can't find the image to change for the rest of them. Anyone know?

Thanks again, Wozzer. Lovely ROM.

Guest Draconius
Lovin' the ROM, Wozzer. It's lovely. I do have one simple question though: how do I change the background/wallpaper of the M2D screens, like People, Programs, Settings, Internet, Messages, etc. I can change the one for Home, but I can't find the image to change for the rest of them. Anyone know?

Thanks again, Wozzer. Lovely ROM.

The only way to do it is to install a theme and put the image you want in there...as to different backgrounds for each tab, I don't know if that is possible.

Guest mikeycee123

i cant add icons in chome edit and the panels w/ txt and missed calls that was is v2 any way to get that back on v3?

Guest monsterpt
i cant add icons in chome edit and the panels w/ txt and missed calls that was is v2 any way to get that back on v3?

you have to make an icon folder. Place icons in my storage/my documents and then chome will see them when you add pages.

Guest Apo11on

M2D v3 ROM bug: "All Settings" tab opens Wireless Settings, there is no way to access All Settings from there.

It was said it's M2D issue, not a ROM bug. So I guess our chef can't fix it. I use a workaround for it, which might be useful for some, who are annoyed like me with inability to access All Settings from M2D interface:

On the "Settings" main tab there is "About" entry, which doesn't really belong there. So i used ssmaho to map that "About" button to "\Windows\ControlPanel.exe" and now it opens All Settings.

Guest Omega Ra
obviously i already tried that and also people already suggested the usb connection issue. i too would like to figure out the other 1%. it's an annoying issue. just frustrated sorry.

if you are on vista, you need to go into the phones connections under Start>settings>connections>UsbtoPC and UNcheck that box. Then vista will see your phone and you can transfer at will.

Guest fieldy4krn

Im sorry if this has been asked, but what is the most popular release of Wozzers ROM? Lite, naked...etc.

Thanks in advance,

Chris

Guest WdGldDave

Anyone else notice an improvement to the GPS functioning. I don't have to go outside to get a quick (5 seconds) gps fix any more. Thanks Wozzer!

Guest charles2995
Anyone else notice an improvement to the GPS functioning. I don't have to go outside to get a quick (5 seconds) gps fix any more. Thanks Wozzer!

thats strange i still cant eevn get a gps lock period. what are your gps setings?

Guest jdaghir

Updated from M2D v2 to M2D v3 a few days ago. Thanks WoZZeR! Really appreciate your work. Most everything works great. A few minor issues I've observed:

1. Bluetooth connect problems. I'm having problems pairing the phone to my Dell Lattitude D400 (Dell 350 Bluetooth Module which is Toshiba based) using bluetooth. The phone will pair with the laptop, but then immediately after the pairing is complete the laptop shows up as a disconnected device in the phone's bluetooth menu. If you click and hold on the laptop icon, either the Connect option is grayed out and unavailable, or if it is available and you try and connect the connection will fail due to incorrect pin even the the pin were entered correctly during pairing. This did NOT work under the original cc20 update either and the phone pairs just fine with my Motorola S705 headset so I suspect this is may be an incompatibility between the bluetooth chipsets on the phone & my Lattitude, rather than a WM6.5 problem or a problem with the ROM.

2. Pandora connect problems. Like others I'm able to log into my Pandora account, but never able to connect to Pandora's servers to begin streaming music. I'm running Pandora v1.1.4 which I believe is the most current version. This DID work under the cc20 update so I think this must be a WM6.5 problem or a ROM problem.

3. Disappearing/corrupt ringtones. Had a few problems with mp3 ringtones placed into My Device/My Documents/MY Ringtones not showing up later in other applications. I examined the properties of the files using Total Commander and noticed that the Hidden & System attributes were enabled. Removing these attributes seems to have resolved the problem. Not sure how they got set in the first place. Maybe the OS sets them in attempt to protect the files?

4. Attaching and resizing an image for MMS message from camera app problem. If I take a picture using the camera, save it to the storage card and then try and send the image via a MMS directly from the image viewer built into the camera app, the image will fail to be resized to fit in a MMS. Attaching & resizing an image works fine from the HTC Album app, from the SS Media Album and from SS's MMS app.

5. The main weather icons in M2D were a little too high and off-center and were obscuring the temperature readings. Installing the M2D Big Weather icons from BeyondInvisible fixed it. The cab for them is here: http://tinyurl.com/p3ynkx

6. Freeze/wake problems when receiving SMS text message. Had some problems with the phone freezing / locking up / only partially waking up when receiving SMS text messages. Sometimes when I pressed the power button the screen didn't wake at all, other times the screen would wake but I couldn't move the lock slider. It seemed to usually happen when I had received an SMS text message while the phone was asleep. I tried setting the power settings so that the phone doesn't turn off on battery power or on external power but that didn't seem to help. I have installed the Omnia WakeUpOnSMS fix from samsung-omnia.org, but haven't had it on there long enough to see if it helps.

7. Battery icon in Taskbar. I can't click on the battery icon in the Taskbar to open the battery gage. When I click on it I either get the Samsung full-screen volume control or the HTC Task Manager. I do have the HTC Task Manager & Taskbar Bluetooth Icon for Taskbar installed so it's possible one of those application is causing the problem.

I'll post this stuff on your bug tracker site also.

Again, great work & thanks!

Edited by jdaghir

Guest tcd1014

I flashed to M2D v3 yesterday and have had no major issues so far. WoZZer you are the man. I am new to this customizing thing but in the past 2 weeks I have learned how to install cab files, edit registry settings and flash rom's. Keep up the great work!

Guest Daisy6905

Using the Lite v3, and miss the business card reader. Downloaded and installed it, but it would not work. I really liked that app. Any ideas on how to add it on?

Guest svtscottie
Hey everyone! I've been lurking about for some time and really dig Wozzer's roms. I'm curious about an issue that I discovered going from ver. 2 to 3. Ver. 2 Lite was missing the MS Office apps so I added them with the cab available with the other stock cabs. When I added it, my email started autofilling the email addresses once again in the "to" dialogue. Since I bough my Omnia I have been missing this feature. I was ecstatic to see that it was once again working.

After flashing to ver. 3 I noticed that the autofill for email addresses was once again gone. I reinstalled the MS Office cab but still have no auto suggest. I really love ver. 3 but man it was nice to have the auto suggest back for email addresses. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

X 2 On this one. I would love to have the auto suggest back for text/emails. Made my life my more touch friendly when it was working in v2. Would also like to give a HUGE thanks to Wozzer for all his hard work. My phone is sooo much faster and infinitely more usable now.

Guest necosino
Using the Lite v3, and miss the business card reader. Downloaded and installed it, but it would not work. I really liked that app. Any ideas on how to add it on?

+1 :D

Guest Otterdude
didn't the previous version of this rom have a contacts tab and an opera tab? i flashed with .03 and my current build is 21222.5.0.1 yet it seems like im back on .01? is this the way it should be?

I had to enable it in CHome editor to bring them up

Guest dedoy

I am looking for some possible help I installed the 6.5 software into my omnia i910 and seems I am still having at least one issue that I had prior to the update and a new issue that is a little bit of a nuisance. the vibrate still does not work which prior version it didn't either. and the new issue is my phone goes into a sleep mode and doesn't come back I have to do a soft reset every time it does this which is frequent this is why its a nuisance. if anyone knows a registry fix or resolution to this please leave me know.

Guest jdaghir
Using the Lite v3, and miss the business card reader. Downloaded and installed it, but it would not work.

I'm on M2D v3. Installed Smart_Reader_for_Adryn_Roms.cab (business card reader) and it works fine for me.

Guest Klownface

I had the same problem.. After a soft reset I would get a boot.exe error in the beginning... After playing around with it for a while I found out that installing clear temp caused the boot.exe error for me as well as the sleep mode problem... After uninstalling clear tempt the boot.exe error went away as well as the sleep mode problem.. Hopefully that works for you

I am looking for some possible help I installed the 6.5 software into my omnia i910 and seems I am still having at least one issue that I had prior to the update and a new issue that is a little bit of a nuisance. the vibrate still does not work which prior version it didn't either. and the new issue is my phone goes into a sleep mode and doesn't come back I have to do a soft reset every time it does this which is frequent this is why its a nuisance. if anyone knows a registry fix or resolution to this please leave me know.

I forgot to mention that I also went into Setting/ System/ Power/ Battery Power/ Where it says on battery power I put none (before that it was on turn device off if not used for x amount of minutes..).... Now when I lock the device and turn the screen off (quick pressing of the power button) it wakes up without difficulties.. I'll let you know if the inability to wake up the phone problem returns..

Edited by Klownface

Guest tcd1014

WoZZer I have a question. What player do I need to be able to watch the videos I have taken with my phone. If I access the camera I can view them but before I flashed to this rom(m2d v3) they played on touch player. I installed touch player from the link at the beginning of this post and searched for videos but it did not find them. In Media Album the videos are there but when I click on them nothing happens. Pictures open for viewing or editing but nothing for videos. Any suggestions?? Thanks.

Guest Klownface

Does anyone know of software similar to cleartemp (besides memory maid) or a version of clear temp that does not cause the boot.exe error with the m2d v3 rom version? I forgot to thank everyone on this forum for all the hard work they have devoted to making the omnia a much better device.. (i forgot to mention that in my first post)