--

Guest WoZZeR999

Guest headstrong
It doesn't work. I have tried to switching to different numbers in the settings menu and soft resetting the phone but still nothing. I don't know what I am doing wrong.

I'm pretty sure you have to re-enable the Samsung Phone Skin (if it hasn't been removed entirely) to get the lock feature back. You can re-enable the dialer skin in the registry or use the Advanced Config tool.

Edited by headstrong

Guest charles2995
I'm pretty sure you have to re-enable the Samsung Phone Skin (if it hasn't been removed entirely) to get the lock feature back. You can re-enable the dialer skin in the registry or use the Advanced Config tool.

aha it worked! go to advanced config>phone>phone skin>set to enabled

Guest PearlMikeJam

Is anyone having issues with caller ID? I am running the Lite ROM and have noticed over the last couple of days that I will receive calls, and the phone will ring, but the call notification does not come on screen. If I press the send key, it does not answer the phone, it only brings up the dialer and shows the last call. In some cases I can answer the call by pressing send or the talk soft button, but other times I cannot answer at all. I am running S2U2 1.62 and MS3.0.1 beta 3. I had the same issue with MS3 on the last two builds of this ROM, but do not recall having this issue with the original VZW ROM and S2U2. I am not sure if this is related to the ROM, S2U2 or MS3. Any one else come across this? This seems to happen randomly. Half the time I will get the caller ID on S2U2. Other times I get nothing.

Edited by PearlMikeJam

Guest WoZZeR999

I remember S2U2 having a problem on my 6.1, where sometimes it would let me answer, and sometimes it wouldn't. I've also had this problem with wm6.5. So I think it's a stacked issue.

Guest fitsbain

Using V3 lite and love it, but would like to see it without things that can be cab installed cooked in. Will still need the radio and touch cooked in to get all the codecs and such working, but how about no google, or themes, or other things that could be added latter by the user. That way they are upgradable.

Thanks Dude

Guest WoZZeR999
Using V3 lite and love it, but would like to see it without things that can be cab installed cooked in. Will still need the radio and touch cooked in to get all the codecs and such working, but how about no google, or themes, or other things that could be added latter by the user. That way they are upgradable.

Thanks Dude

Get naked...

I will be adding a 'Naked' Build. It is the 'Lite' Rom without all of the extra added programs. Some of the programs are missing. You may get file association errors, all you have to do is install a program that plays those files. Other stuff may be broken too.

Guest reydiodj
I installed the dataconnection.exe in to /windows/ and allowed to overwrite but I am still having the exact same problem accessing the data connection from the system tab in settings. It just flashes and kicks me out. Anything else I should know? I miss teathering to my laptop.

I also confirm that writing over the DataConnection.exe file made no improvement and updated my post in the BugTracker.

TIA Wozzers!

Edited by reydiodj

Guest WoZZeR999
I also confirm that writing over the DataConnection.exe file made no improvement and updated my post in the BugTracker.

TIA Wozzers!

Ok, I'll look into this more when I get home.

Guest TheDrizzle

On the topic of call id, I'm having a semi-related problem. I'm using the 6.5 lite ROM. For some reason when I receive incoming calls and SMS messages, it is not finding the number in my contacts when it is there. So when I receive a call, it just shows the number and not the name or the photo ID. I am not using s2u2. If I go into my text message folders, it again, just shows the number. If I click the number I get a dialog about "this person is not in the contacts list..." etc. I have tried overwriting the existing contact using that dialog but it still just shows the number, no name or picture ID. Anyone else noticed this? I did use sprite backup to restore my contacts after I flashed with 6.5, so I don't know if that is or part of the problem. I would prefer not to have to re-enter all my contacts if at all possible...

EDIT: I may have jumped the gun on this, it appears that once I overwrite the contact it shows up properly from that point on. I bet it something with how sprite backup restored my contacts, not a problem with ROM per se. I'll just live with it and update peoples #s as they call me.

Edited by TheDrizzle

Guest aleis

will the new version have the microsoft dialer?

and be able to overide the samsung dialer.

the samsung dialer is ok...but the microsoft dialer is much better with the buttons more spaced out.

i would have to get adjusted to it but...i dont mind <_<

Guest WoZZeR999
will the new version have the microsoft dialer?

and be able to overide the samsung dialer.

the samsung dialer is ok...but the microsoft dialer is much better with the buttons more spaced out.

i would have to get adjusted to it but...i dont mind <_<

The microsoft dialer was default in v3 for non stock. (maybe stock too, don't remember off the top of my head.

Guest aleis
The microsoft dialer was default in v3 for non stock. (maybe stock too, don't remember off the top of my head.

ok, so it should definitely be in v4 so...i`ll wait <_<

i figure, i`ll just deal with the problems in the new build (hopefully they are minimal) :)

Guest Echew

Its not default in stock v3...

Guest QRULEZ

Quick question for all that are using v3 lite and using ActiveSync. Are you experiencing lock ups frequently with your phone? I have been having issues of the phone locking up and I think I have narrowed it down to ActiveSync.

Guest braindoc
Quick question for all that are using v3 lite and using ActiveSync. Are you experiencing lock ups frequently with your phone? I have been having issues of the phone locking up and I think I have narrowed it down to ActiveSync.

I've been using v3 lite with activesync for a day and I haven't experienced any lock ups yet.

Guest maldonj1

i have been using activesync since i got my omnia in december since its a work phone and never had an issue with a lockup, and its been flashed and reflashed at least 12 times and about 5 more flashes to go before im happy

Guest vbchan

I posted something about locking up a few pages back and i too am experiencing lock ups really bad. I'm using v3 m2d and i have also narrowed it down to my ActiveSync. I set it to manual so i would have to manually update and sync, but it seems to still pop up in my task manager. And when i'm surfing the web or texting it seems to lag like there is a program trying to run or something. I was told that it is just the 21222 build and that the 21232 should be better and that should be out late tomorrow or sometime this week. I'm hoping it won't freeze as much because i keep missing calls from it and it won't log who tried to call because it would freeze right before a call would come in.

Guest QRULEZ
I posted something about locking up a few pages back and i too am experiencing lock ups really bad. I'm using v3 m2d and i have also narrowed it down to my ActiveSync. I set it to manual so i would have to manually update and sync, but it seems to still pop up in my task manager. And when i'm surfing the web or texting it seems to lag like there is a program trying to run or something. I was told that it is just the 21222 build and that the 21232 should be better and that should be out late tomorrow or sometime this week. I'm hoping it won't freeze as much because i keep missing calls from it and it won't log who tried to call because it would freeze right before a call would come in.

Very similar experience and I too am hoping that 21232 is better.

Guest WoZZeR999

If you are having the data connection error, try placing this file in your windows dir with total commander. I uploaded the wrong one last time.

You could also try to see if this fixes the activesync issues.

Guest QRULEZ
If you are having the data connection error, try placing this file in your windows dir with total commander. I uploaded the wrong one last time.

WoZZer, What was the data problem that people were having? My data was working fine with all releases as far as i could tell. I placed the file in the windows directory so we'll see what happens over the next few hours.

Guest WoZZeR999
WoZZer, What was the data problem that people were having? My data was working fine with all releases as far as i could tell. I placed the file in the windows directory so we'll see what happens over the next few hours.

It was if you went to settings -> data connections, the windows wouldn't open.

Guest Tesler32

Hey guys I havent flashed to wm6.5 build yet been running cc20 since day one of the leak. How is this build for a everyday type use. I like to keep what I got setup for a little while since I have tons of apps and games that I play. Also if I use spb backup and create a complete backup can you restore with out issues. Let me know your comments is it worth flashing at this point or wait for some future builds

Guest flnfrmn
aha it worked! go to advanced config>phone>phone skin>set to enabled

So, if I use the registry, what are the steps to find the proper settings? If not, where do I find advanced config. BTW, I am using WoZZeR's 6.5 m2d (if it matters)

And.....WoZZeR - any idea when your new masterpiece will be released for us noobies to use? I read later this week. I am going out of town on Friday morning and wondering if I should find a hotel with decent wifi <_< !

Guest reydiodj

Thanks - I can now access Data Connections!

Whether or no it solves the AS issues, we'll have to wait and see as it isn't really too much of an issue with me - I'm used to using EAS (Exchange Active Sync) as items arrive so I expect it to be always running - oh and I haven't had any serious lockups because of it.