--

Guest WoZZeR999

Guest Apo11on
he said either late tonight or tomorrow...

WoZZeR you've created a bunch of ROM flashing addicts, who do it for the sole purpose of flashing, and not for the actual software improvements. If you ever stop doing this these people might need rehab, and I don't think there is one, for this particular type of addiction.

I guess it's still better than heroin addiction though - replacing damaged phones is easier than kidneys and liver...

Guest Rob V

I have to close a bunch of programs that are running in the background. I am wondering if it is a bug that should be posted in the bugtracker. Anyone else have this issue????

As several have posted, this is normal WM behavior. One product that solves it nicely is Wisbar Advance (just 'Advance', not 'Advanced Desktop'). This tool replaces/skins your whole Taskbar. You can set it so all programs exit instead of minimize -- but most importantly, you can also specify exceptions. I wouldn't want to simply exit for many programs that I use frequently, because if they're already running there's no delay to restart them again, and I find the Omnia has plenty of memory anyway. There are also other options to customize the Taskbar, plus a built-in Task Manager and a battery status bar much like Batti. it's not free, but is a nice product. HOWEVER, I'm having trouble using it with the new honeycomb menu in WM 6.5: When I click 'Start', I get the old start menu regardless of the 'use large start menu' setting. You can define what executable runs, but I can't figure out how to invoke the honeycomb vs. the menu.

Guest plebling

Thanks Wozzer great rom love with SBP overlay only difficulty playing 3g2 files have not found any other bugs VERY stable

Guest i'mdangerous

Not sure it this is only happening to me, my Voip sends me a Wav file to my outlook mail when i receive a Voicemail. I try to mark the wav file for download and the attachment will not download. Has anyone esle seen this?

I think i'm running the FlashOS 6.5 M2D.03.bin file. I'm going to re-flash with the the Stock to see if that works better.

Guest Otterdude
WoZZeR you've created a bunch of ROM flashing addicts, who do it for the sole purpose of flashing, and not for the actual software improvements. If you ever stop doing this these people might need rehab, and I don't think there is one, for this particular type of addiction.

I guess it's still better than heroin addiction though - replacing damaged phones is easier than kidneys and liver...

Amusing .... there is a rehab advertisement at the bottom of the page.

Guest nghumphrey

Just want to say thanks WoZZeR! You have done great work here! Flashed v3 stock and it is AmaZZinG! Keep up the good cooking!

I pose another question that is probably dumb, but again I am a noob. Ok, so lets say I am scrolling through my contacts and it starts scrolling by itself and making a clicking noise that is rather annoying, how do I make that go away?

Also, what is a good free task manager to use that closes programs when you hit X. I was using wkTask, but I thought I read somewhere in here it was buggy with 6.5. Please advise. Thank you!

Edited by dbu

Guest JDawg183

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up. I am the one whose programs randomly quit working. I went in to my program files after trying another program that did the same thing looking for an error log of some sort and there was absolutely nothing in the program files folder. I deleted the folder and installed the program again to let it create the folder and voila, it worked. So apparently the Program Files folder had become corrupted somehow. Having a program install it from scratch fixed it. In case someone else out there has the same problem.

Guest samgod13

Hey Everyone, Love the ROM. It's great. I'm having one big trouble. I listen to music on random from my sd card and since I started using these new ROM's there is a 10-30 second pause between tracks. It doesn't happen when I play music on My Storage. I'm wondering if it has something to do with SD Tuneup. Since this was built into the ROM, any idea how I turn it off? Or am I completely off track? I use windows media player. If I should be using something else, I'll try that. Thanks.

Guest Scott6

I just loaded up the 6.5 Lite, with SPB MS3 LOVE IT! its sooo fast

Questions: My Mp3 files dont open by browseing to them?? the will play in WMP, but dont seem to be assocaited with WMP. Looking at the Icon there still trying to go to Touch player (SMplayer) I dont want to load touch player because it library files fill al lthe free space on my CD card...

542707083_GRq8C-O.jpg

Any fix?

Guest Rob V
Ok, so lets say I am scrolling through my contacts and it starts scrolling by itself and making a clicking noise that is rather annoying, how do I make that go away?

FYI, this has been answered several times already so should show up in a search? Anyway, the answer is to simply install FTouchSL. Do not actually run the program, as this will make your scrolling worse. FTouchSL replaces the existing Touch.dll with its own, and WM will use it. There is no need to buy or configure FTouchSL. Note that this applies ONLY to WM 6.5, not 6.1.

This one tweak alone has made using my Omnia a whole new experience. Finger scrolling is now very acceptable with every app, and I have not encountered any conflicts with programs that have their own built-in scrolling. Nice smooth scrolling, and no more clicking!

Guest p01ntm4n

What benefit does the 6.5 M2D have over a 6.1 M2D? The reason I ask is because I'm currently running the Lite version, which totally rocks except for some snags here and there, which is to be expected, and I want to try a M2D theme and see how I like it, but as far as performance and overall features and stability goes, what benefit does the 6.5 m2d provide? Are they the same except for OS version? If that is the case, is there a partial list or website that describes some of the new 6.5 features (from what I understand there is more to come). Also, on another note, I have run into several issues attempting to change themes and skins (it seems to be hit or miss) on the Lite version, is anyone else having this issue?

Guest p01ntm4n

Wozzer you totally made my phone a million times more badass, in fact it partially because of the strong Omnia ROM community here on Modaco that I got a Omnia versus a Touch Pro or a Storm.

Edited by p01ntm4n

Guest shady420x

Hey everybody, ive been following these posts for some time now and love the work and effort everyone has done for the omnias! Props to all who have contributed.

Now im very new to the whole flashing ROMs deal but i have flashed my omnia with the new leaked ROM that unlocks the gps. Even though i still have a couple questions that havent yet been answered.

How or where do i find the ROM to flash back to WM6.1?

And this is a dumb question but im guessing if i ever have to go to a verizon store for service im going to need to flash back to 6.1 right?

Again great job guys and mad props to Wozzer!

Thanks in advance!

Guest techmaster7545
I keep getting crc errors i downloaded it several times and tried Winzip and WinRAR.

Any suggestions?

Thanks...

what did u download that ur getting errors on maybe get a newer version of winrar i have winrar 3.62 and it worked fine

Edited by techmaster7545

Guest peperonikiller
I keep getting crc errors i downloaded it several times and tried Winzip and WinRAR.

Any suggestions?

Thanks...

Try downloading the file with a different browser maybie?

----------------

Also, i would like some help/info.

I flashed your M2D Version of WinMo 6.5 to my i910 device and everything is awesome.. But is it possible to flash to the other versions? or do i have to go back to CC20 first?

Also, running google maps i cant get a GPS lock.. i assumed GPS was working now but am i wrong?

Edited by peperonikiller

Guest techmaster7545
Try downloading the file with a different browser maybie?

----------------

Also, i would like some help/info.

I flashed your M2D Version of WinMo 6.5 to my i910 device and everything is awesome.. But is it possible to flash to the other versions? or do i have to go back to CC20 first?

Also, running google maps i cant get a GPS lock.. i assumed GPS was working now but am i wrong?

No u dont have to go back to cc20 just update pda some say you have to do a hard reset first i never had to if you have problem then do it , set up ur external gps found under settings

also if u haven't already do this

Go to Settings, Phone.

Under Services, highlight gps and change setting.

and pick location on

This is to switch to other roms

Run UDML_Omnia

Click PDA

Find the extracted file from the rar you downloaded

Hit Detect

Restart Phone

Once the phone has completely booted, click ok on the mortscript pop-up, then click the windows icon. Wait a minute and give it another soft-reset

Edited by techmaster7545

Guest peperonikiller
No u dont have to go back to cc20 just update pda , set up ur external gps found under settings

also if u havent already do this

Go to Settings, Phone.

Under Services, highlight gps and change setting.

and pick location on

This is to switch to other roms

Run UDML_Omnia

Click PDA

Find the extracted file from the rar you downloaded

Hit Detect

Restart Phone

Once the phone has completely booted, click ok on the mortscript pop-up, then click the windows icon. Wait a minute and give it another soft-reset

Thank you very much for clearing up the whole rom issue. Now for the GPS, i have enabled it to location on already, which is why i was confused. now for the external settings.. where do i get to that? Settings in google maps? or is it settings on my phone? On GMaps it says Seeking GPS Satellites (444726592) And thats with manual settings at COM8 and 115200