--

Guest WoZZeR999

Guest Dblocker

Anyone know if there's a way to make the Caller ID picture bigger on the Lock screen in WM6.5? I'm trying to use the stock WM6.5 with the SmartLock utility instead of S2U2. So far so good except for the tiny caller photo.

Guest maldonj1
Ok, again pardon my noobishness, but when I install apps should I install them to the "device", or to "my storage"? Also, what is a good program to use with 6.5 to make the "X" button actually close programs?

some items like sdkcerts and probably taskbars will need to go in "device" where others like googlemaps and the like can and should probably go in "my memory".

Guest bmn4711

So i'm having an issue with the lite version connecting (or lack there of) to active sync following flashing. yes i rechecked usb connections in A S. I flashed from m2d version to lite (dunno if that was a faux pax or not, but the first time from m2d to lite i would get intermittant usb connections like at phone reset. but it wouldnt last. I switched the usb to mass storage and when i'd plug in the usb cable i'd get a mass drive for about 1 sec. The flashing registers and seems to go ok. any advice? tomorrow i figure i'll flash back to cc20 and if i'm feeling lucky back to v4 lite. oh yeah the reason i wanted lite was because m2d would freeze on me if i scrolled between email and text messages if I bypassed one or both it'd work but always froze. the phone itself didnt freeze just the touchflo portion.

edit: remembered I tried a few other things without any success. rebooted, uninstalled and reinstalled my usb root, removed and reinstalled A S, tried different usb ports (but the flashing process works)

also am I the only one whos phone displays battery disconnected when trying to power on the phone with the usb cable attached?

Edited by bmn4711

Guest flnfrmn

Anyone have any good gps programs that work with wm 6.5. I have already tested garmin XT and google maps which work great. Just wondering if anyone has tested any other programs with good success.

Guest WdGldDave
Not A Bug Mine Works fine how are you doing it

Make sure your battery isn't low. I had the same thing happen. Turns out I left gps/wifi/bluetooth or something running that drained the battery so it just died.

Guest WdGldDave
Anyone have any good gps programs that work with wm 6.5. I have already tested garmin XT and google maps which work great. Just wondering if anyone has tested any other programs with good success.

AmazeGps - turn by turn is great

Guest WdGldDave
I'm not sure where the auto-fill comes from. That will probably be something I can look into later. V4 is mainly a bug fix release, with a updated OS (and lots of new panels). Hopefully today I can get them out.

Maybe this will help in our quest to get Auto-Fill back on the Omnia - I did disable xt9 and along with enabling word suggestion in the settings (which is disabled if you used xt9) found that I am mostly pleased with the result. The problem is you still have to hit backspace after you type a couple of letters for the auto-fill to activate. For example if I have my word suggest set up to guess after 2 letters, I have to type 3 letters plus backspace for it to make word suggestions.

Interestingly if I send a new MMS message, as soon as I begin to type letters for the recipient a great Auto-fill window pops up based on what I'm typing. So it definitely works in MMS. I'm not sure whether it did before I disabled xT9 though. Would someone try that? Thanks for all your help on this. I thought this feature was gone for good with the Omnia thanks to Verizon. Thanks Wozzer.

Guest Adrynalyne
Maybe this will help in our quest to get Auto-Fill back on the Omnia - I did disable xt9 and along with enabling word suggestion in the settings (which is disabled if you used xt9) found that I am mostly pleased with the result. The problem is you still have to hit backspace after you type a couple of letters for the auto-fill to activate. For example if I have my word suggest set up to guess after 2 letters, I have to type 3 letters plus backspace for it to make word suggestions.

Interestingly if I send a new MMS message, as soon as I begin to type letters for the recipient a great Auto-fill window pops up based on what I'm typing. So it definitely works in MMS. I'm not sure whether it did before I disabled xT9 though. Would someone try that? Thanks for all your help on this. I thought this feature was gone for good with the Omnia thanks to Verizon. Thanks Wozzer.

It works with or without xT9 with MMS. The MMS program was supplied by Samsung.

Guest gfarb

How fast can everyone loc on to a satellite on google maps? I cant seem to loc on very easy, really hit or miss. It might find a satellite 2 out of 20 tries. Runing m2d v4 and have the gps setting set to location on. Been having these same problems since cc20 as well. Any help would be very much appreciated

Regards, gfarb

Guest Dblocker
Anyone know if there's a way to make the Caller ID picture bigger on the Lock screen in WM6.5? I'm trying to use the stock WM6.5 with the SmartLock utility instead of S2U2. So far so good except for the tiny caller photo.

Think I figured it out. You just have to edit the \windows\LS_PhoneCallScene_240x400.cpr xml file to specify a different size and/or location.

I love WM6.5 and it's use of xml files to control the layout of the UI.

Guest dmcnado

I just now got iGo 8 to work on Wozzer's 6.5 lite v4 rom! I'm so excited, having been trying to get it to run for several weeks. It is a very good nav program & the turn-by-turn is excellent. It has lots of flexibility, is intuitive and is easy to use. Able to get fixes on both google maps & iGo8 with not much delay (a few seconds). I was unable to get iGO to work on Wozzer's lite v2 rom (I skipped v3) but it works like a champ on Wozzer's lite v4. The only difference between the two times (unsuccessful v. successful) is that this last time I FORGOT to make the registry hack (redirect to default) and it worked! Talk about luck! Love the v4 rom -- it is great, stable (so far), nice titanium panels, extremely flexibile & customizable. Thanks, Wozzer!

Guest omniasilver
I just now got iGo 8 to work on Wozzer's 6.5 lite v4 rom! I'm so excited, having been trying to get it to run for several weeks. It is a very good nav program & the turn-by-turn is excellent. It has lots of flexibility, is intuitive and is easy to use. Able to get fixes on both google maps & iGo8 with not much delay (a few seconds). I was unable to get iGO to work on Wozzer's lite v2 rom (I skipped v3) but it works like a champ on Wozzer's lite v4. The only difference between the two times (unsuccessful v. successful) is that this last time I FORGOT to make the registry hack (redirect to default) and it worked! Talk about luck! Love the v4 rom -- it is great, stable (so far), nice titanium panels, extremely flexibile & customizable. Thanks, Wozzer!

Hack to default? Did I miss a post on this???

Guest monsterpt

Talking about the use of external gps. to get the external gps sytem icon to show, you do reg edit in gps settings. Not necessary unless you are using an external gps unit.

Guest techmaster7545

the hack is to get external gps icon in settings

HKEY LOCAL MACHINE ---- Control Panel -------GPS Settings -----Delete Redirect

Edited by techmaster7545

Guest techmaster7545
hey tech, do you know how to change the "icon size" of the honeycomb icons??

No not right off never tried ill look in to it Might what to ask SECTOR for a faster answer

Edited by techmaster7545

Guest techmaster7545

I used theme maker and then tried to go back to original but task bar top and bottom stays green anybody know a fix

DA ! i didnt soft Reset working now lol Brain Fart

Edited by techmaster7545

Guest daba81
-----------V4 changes

New SYS version.

Lots of new panels

Other bug fixes from the bug tracker

-----------V3 changes

Changes for All

Fixed Wifi (hopefully, thanks adryn)

Fixed Keyboard

Office Added

Voice Command

Outlook Live and Marketplace removed (until functional)

Changes for Lite/M2D/Naked

Offical Facebook updated

M.Carroll Pureblack Theme (WM6.5 eye-candy style)

Google Maps Updated to latest version

Jbed replaced with JBlend

Removed TV out (You can get it from the Link to Shokka's repository)

Put FM Radio back in

Woz how can I get a copy of the full v4 rom? Last time I used the M2D Rom it bricked my phone. I followed all instructions carefully. The CC upgrade was great but the PDA update killed the phone.

Guest godwhacker
For People having Prob. with bluetooth this is what i did

Go to easy settings make sure bluetooth is turned on then Settings---Bluetooth add devise and mine connected just fine

PS; I have a jabra but should be same for all you have to make sure ur led light on ur ear piece is on steady not blinking or it wont find it

that did the trick!!! <_< (i mashed a few buttons and got the light solid)

i updated the bug report, and will monitor it for a couple days and see what happens

5-25

updated bug report again letting wozzer know it was all on me for not knowing the solid light thing........

Edited by godwhacker