--

Guest WoZZeR999

Guest Manute2001
Same thing happened to mine. CC20 flash went fine but now im bricked. Is verizon giving you a new phone or did you have to buy one?

Verizon is sending me a new one Wednesday. I just told them I woke up, my phone was off, and it wouldn't turn on. They couldn't figure out what was wrong, so they're replacing it.

Good luck.

I wish I knew what caused us to brick. I'd really like to use Wozzer's ROM, but without knowing what went wrong, I can't take the risk of bricking another.

Guest Manute2001
Try this hold down the answer & end buttons,keep holding them and then turn it on and wait for the screen to say Omnia, then press with the stylus the top hole twice.Then reflash cc20

When the phone is in Monahans state, it will not power on - no matter what combination of buttons are pressed.

Guest techmaster7545
When the phone is in Monahans state, it will not power on - no matter what combination of buttons are pressed.

As long as u get the omina screen yes u can if it dnt power up at all u cant

Guest talkshowhost

Wozzer, love the latest rom! thanks for all your hard work!

A quick question for everyone using this ROM - is there a way to get album artwork to show up in the m2d audio player? i would say right now, about 95% of the albums dont have artwork attached - even though they are attached in itunes. Also, for some reason a couple albums are placed under unknown artist/unknown album, even though ive verified in itunes that the appropriate tags are attached to the files to indicate the artist. has anyone else had similar problems and come up with a solution?

thanks!

Guest TheDrizzle

Is anyone using S2U2 over the default WM6.5 lock screen? I noticed that for some reason when the screen goes blank ("power off") and I hit a key to wake it up, whatever was on the screen (usually Titanium menu, but if I had opera, email, anything...) flashes for a quick second before the s2u2 screen comes up. It's more of an annoyance really but it does make s2u2 look less elegant and more clunky. Anyone else notice this or have a workaround? I'm using v.03 of this ROM at the moment. Not sure if this is a WM6.5 issue, a ROM issue or a s2u2 issue.... (or just something unique to my device.)

Guest semmtexx
Is anyone using S2U2 over the default WM6.5 lock screen? I noticed that for some reason when the screen goes blank ("power off") and I hit a key to wake it up, whatever was on the screen (usually Titanium menu, but if I had opera, email, anything...) flashes for a quick second before the s2u2 screen comes up. It's more of an annoyance really but it does make s2u2 look less elegant and more clunky. Anyone else notice this or have a workaround? I'm using v.03 of this ROM at the moment. Not sure if this is a WM6.5 issue, a ROM issue or a s2u2 issue.... (or just something unique to my device.)

Happens to me too. I stopped using it. I find it irritating also that the status icons are different between s2u2 and that of winmo. Its cool but honestly, the 6.5 lock screen just plain works better.

Guest Egin Tollkuci
Wozzer, love the latest rom! thanks for all your hard work!

A quick question for everyone using this ROM - is there a way to get album artwork to show up in the m2d audio player? i would say right now, about 95% of the albums dont have artwork attached - even though they are attached in itunes. Also, for some reason a couple albums are placed under unknown artist/unknown album, even though ive verified in itunes that the appropriate tags are attached to the files to indicate the artist. has anyone else had similar problems and come up with a solution?

thanks!

I'm not sure about the m2d media player but windows media player shows all my album art and i remember m2d being hit or miss with embedded art artwork. Try putting the album art in each separate album folder and name it "folder.jpg"

Guest talkshowhost
I'm not sure about the m2d media player but windows media player shows all my album art and i remember m2d being hit or miss with embedded art artwork. Try putting the album art in each separate album folder and name it "folder.jpg"

thanks for your reply. I actually don't think its a m2d problem at all because wmp doesnt see the album artwork either.... perhaps its manner in which i copied the files to my storage card - i just went in my itunes directory and copied the folders... which dont have artwork jpgs in them, for the mostpart. yet itunes somehow shows the artwork; as does windows media center on my pc.... any ideas where the artwork is stored and how i get it to transfer to my phone? right now i'm thinking maybe itunes and media center pull it directly from the net or something and store it in another folder somewhere.

Guest tablebreaker

A couple questions-

How do I swith my M2D to be this theme in the original post?

post-472759-1241580374_thumb.jpg

Also, I was thinking about getting SPB Mobile Shell. Should I reflash with Wozzers Lite, or can I install it over the M2D flash I've already done?

Sorry, this is my first Win Mobile!

Guest peperonikiller

That theme in the screenshot is touchflo. You can find it in Settings -> Today -> click the items tab -> check touchflo

As for SPB Mobile shell.. you dont need to reflash to use it, If you want more mem then you can just flash Lite over M2D if u wanted. I like M2D personally <_< its been flawless for me

Guest tablebreaker
That theme in the screenshot is touchflo. You can find it in Settings -> Today -> click the items tab -> check touchflo

As for SPB Mobile shell.. you dont need to reflash to use it, If you want more mem then you can just flash Lite over M2D if u wanted. I like M2D personally :) its been flawless for me

Thanks for the reply! Another quick question- My 3G doesn't seem to want to connect all the time. Sometimes it will pop up in the menu bar and say "Dialing #777" for data, but today it doesn't seem to be (i've only had the phone for a couple days!). Is there a setting to make my 3g always on? I'm paying for unlimited data, so why shouldn't I be using it! <_<

thanks!

Guest rishk789

Hey everyone,

I've been lurking for a while, and just flashed to Wozzer's "M2D" 6.5 last night with success, but I was wondering if there was a way to flash with the "Naked" version and then install M2D (that's the same as TouchFlo, right?) afterwards? The M2D version comes with stuff that I don't need. Thank you Wozzer and everyone else who continue to contribute excellent ROMS/support.

Guest Egin Tollkuci
thanks for your reply. I actually don't think its a m2d problem at all because wmp doesnt see the album artwork either.... perhaps its manner in which i copied the files to my storage card - i just went in my itunes directory and copied the folders... which dont have artwork jpgs in them, for the mostpart. yet itunes somehow shows the artwork; as does windows media center on my pc.... any ideas where the artwork is stored and how i get it to transfer to my phone? right now i'm thinking maybe itunes and media center pull it directly from the net or something and store it in another folder somewhere.

Well if it shows up in Itunes and Media Player then the artwork is probably embedded in the mp3 tag. Hopefully someone else can confirm this but it seems like when you transfer an mp3 with album art embedded, windows mobile pulls out the embedded album art. I don't know why it does, maybe for space conservation.

The way I fix this is go to Google images and just search "[album name] cover" and then pick one and drag it into the album folder and rename it to "folder.jpg" This is by far not the easiest way to do it but I like doing it manually to ensure I have the right art and a good quality one.

Guest techmaster7545
A couple questions-

How do I swith my M2D to be this theme in the original post?

post-472759-1241580374_thumb.jpg

Also, I was thinking about getting SPB Mobile Shell. Should I reflash with Wozzers Lite, or can I install it over the M2D flash I've already done?

Sorry, this is my first Win Mobile!

Man Spb mobile shell ROCKS !!! 'M2D LAME' you wont be sorry for changing

Edited by techmaster7545

Guest WoZZeR999
Hey everyone,

I've been lurking for a while, and just flashed to Wozzer's "M2D" 6.5 last night with success, but I was wondering if there was a way to flash with the "Naked" version and then install M2D (that's the same as TouchFlo, right?) afterwards? The M2D version comes with stuff that I don't need. Thank you Wozzer and everyone else who continue to contribute excellent ROMS/support.

Install naked, then http://winmo.sztupy.hu/m2daio.html this for M2D on Naked.

Ok, I am still having issues. I am using v4 lite. When I lock my phone and it stays locked for a while it will not "wake" up. None of the buttons will respond and nothing happens. I have to take the battery out and power the phone back up again. Any ideas? Also, I should add that since I flashed I have been having issues with active sync as well. It is hit or miss whether or not the phone connects.

Edited by dbu

Guest TheDrizzle
Happens to me too. I stopped using it. I find it irritating also that the status icons are different between s2u2 and that of winmo. Its cool but honestly, the 6.5 lock screen just plain works better.

Yea, I was using the default lock screen for a week, but there was a lot of stuff I missed about s2u2. Maybe a_c will fix something in the next release. It must be something with 6.5 on our Omnias, as I know other HTC handsets have 6.5 ROMs and I didn't see this reported in the XDA thread. Glad to hear it's not unique to my situation, at least.

Guest Cloggerdude

Has anyone else noticed an increase in slowdown when trying to read text messages after flashing to the M2D Rom? My Omnia seems a lot more sluggish than before all around, which is puzzling since most people have reported it actually speeding their phone's up.

Should I reflash? If so, do I just perform a hard reset and then reinstall, or what?

Also, is there a fix for the TXT9, where it causes U to be the suggestion instead of I when the U/I key is pressed? The text prediction used to be perfect before the flash, but now it is annoying as all get out, not to mention laggy.

Guest jbrittmartin

just flashed the m2d v4 version.

upon the intial reboot of the phone after the install the phone is hung up on the green Windows Mobile build 6.5 WoZZer screen.

any suggestions on how to proceed?

UPDATE: after waiting a couple minutes i just hit the start button and the main screen popped up....so far so good. <_<

UPDATE: ok...now i have a question. i did a full backup with SPB backup before i flashed. when i tried a full restore it didn't work because the system settings messed the OS all up. so i did a hard reset and just tried restoring My Documents and my emails... that worked fine, but now i don't have my contacts. any advice as to how to get my contacts back on my phone from the SPB backup file?

UPDATE: nevermind.... i figured it out.... D'OH. PIM Data.... :)

so far so good again. B)

Edited by jbrittmartin

Guest jdaghir
Ok, I am still having issues. I am using v4 lite. When I lock my phone and it stays locked for a while it will not "wake" up. None of the buttons will respond and nothing happens. I have to take the battery out and power the phone back up again.

I was having the exact same problem with v3 M2D. It locked up several times a day. I was about to give up and revert back to cc20, but then v4 was released. So I did a hard reset and then flashed v4 M2D. Been running for 4 days now without a lockup. In addition to flashing to v4, I also changed the wake up button from "Front Button" to "Power Button Only" under Settings | Buttons | Wake Up. I read over on PDAphonehome that that this resolved lockup problems on wake for someone running the stock ROM. Either this or the flash to v4 or both together appears to have resolved the problem for me.

Guest MrSmoofy
my friend had one that did that and found out it was just a bad battery got a new one then all was fine

if you feel thats not it then not sure i keep all bluetooth and other stuff in easy settings off until i need them

my battery last abt 2 days if i just txt & calls if i use the phone all programs then abt 1 day

What about Visual Voice Mail and being connected to Broad Band (not wifi) like you I keep everything turned off unless I need it.

How do I convince verizon the battery is bad or do I just need to fork out the bucks to buy a new one phone is only 4 months old.

Guest techmaster7545
What about Visual Voice Mail and being connected to Broad Band (not wifi) like you I keep everything turned off unless I need it.

How do I convince verizon the battery is bad or do I just need to fork out the bucks to buy a new one phone is only 4 months old.

well if u take it to them they might see that u have a cooked rom i would call there 1800 number tell them that way and say u had it for 3 months and it wont hold a charge if u take it in person u could just take the battery with u that might work

Guest dercetojones
Has anyone else noticed an increase in slowdown when trying to read text messages after flashing to the M2D Rom? My Omnia seems a lot more sluggish than before all around, which is puzzling since most people have reported it actually speeding their phone's up.

Should I reflash? If so, do I just perform a hard reset and then reinstall, or what?

I'm using the same version and have noticed this, too. Only on very long conversations and only sometimes. I really don't understand why it does this. Everything else seems great for me, though, and its been doing this off and on with each 6.5 version, so I don't think reflashing would really make it go away. Not in my case at least.

And speaking of weird problems that come and go, my Omnia often refuses to wake up. By often I mean it'll go long stretches of waking up just fine, and then I'll have to soft reset many times in an hour or two. Then it'll be fine again for hours or days. It makes no sense, as nothing is changing in between these unwakeable spells.

Also, is there a fix for the TXT9, where it causes U to be the suggestion instead of I when the U/I key is pressed? The text prediction used to be perfect before the flash, but now it is annoying as all get out, not to mention laggy.

I **HATED** that about the CC20 rom. I never had a problem before that, and I guess since all of these custom roms are based on it, they've all inherited that problem. Between that and just general fighting with the XT9, it was annoying enough for me to change to a different SIP. I use CooTek TouchPal now instead.

Guest jbrittmartin

i'm having the same problem... <_<

i loved my S2U2.... this might be a deal breaker.

anybody have any advice on this issue?

UPDATE: i've noticed that this only occurs when the phone is running on battery power. when it's plugged into the wall charger and goes to lock and then the screen goes off... when i wake it up then, it performs as it should.

SECOND UPDATE: so now it seems to be working properly even on battery. i dunno. weird. i'll keep y'all posted.

THIRD UPDATE: it seems to work properly sometimes, and improperly others... while i've done absolutely nothing to the phone in between. very odd.

Edited by jbrittmartin

I was having the exact same problem with v3 M2D. It locked up several times a day. I was about to give up and revert back to cc20, but then v4 was released. So I did a hard reset and then flashed v4 M2D. Been running for 4 days now without a lockup. In addition to flashing to v4, I also changed the wake up button from "Front Button" to "Power Button Only" under Settings | Buttons | Wake Up. I read over on PDAphonehome that that this resolved lockup problems on wake for someone running the stock ROM. Either this or the flash to v4 or both together appears to have resolved the problem for me.

The weird thing is, and I do not know if it is a coincidence or not is that it only seems to happen when I lock the device.