--

Guest WoZZeR999

Guest techmaster7545
Well i got the album cover-art issue resolved.... if you take the SD card out of the phone and use a card-reader to transfer music, the coverart stays and will be seen on the omnia. If you use a data cable to transfer directly to the phone, windows mobile strips the mp3s of the embedded artwork. So that problems solved. I never did try transferring via windows mobile device center so its possible that would also work. I hope this helps anyone who's had similar problems.

On an unrelated note, has anyone noticed that the omnia won't charge when hooked up to a computer via the usb cable? the phone will maintain its charge, but it wont actually charge to 95%. This is pretty annoying. My HTC Touch never had any problems. Does anyone know if this is a problem with the included USB cable or whether its an issue with the omnia itself?

Go to start---easy settings --- turn on usb

Guest techmaster7545

wozzer did u find out if the new build u have is real and do u know whats new in it , well i know the build number is real but i guess im saying the copy u got of it

Adrynalyne has the newest build but still not sure whats new in it

Edited by techmaster7545

Guest smashedpumpkins
Dragon, google will tell you how.

balaam: I use vito-chat just fine.

Hey, did I read that you're going to load a new version of the WoZZeR Rom this week? Or did I read wrong? Should I wait then for it before flashing?

Guest talkshowhost
Go to start---easy settings --- turn on usb

Ok, that seems to have worked. Thanks!... but its strange. Why is USB "off "by default? And if USB was "off," then how is it ive been syncing with activesync on a Windows XP computer and Windows Mobile Device Center on a Vista Machine? What exactly does "USB" ON/OFF mean on that screen? Thanks again.

Guest techmaster7545
Ok, that seems to have worked. Thanks!... but its strange. Why is USB "off "by default? And if USB was "off," then how is it ive been syncing with activesync on a Windows XP computer and Windows Mobile Device Center on a Vista Machine? What exactly does "USB" ON/OFF mean on that screen? Thanks again.

From what i understand its a battery saver and it will allow sync with it off it just dnt allow it to draw off of power thats my guess

Guest WoZZeR999

I have 21725 working, it seems pretty good. It still has a few screen issues (tap response and stuff) that I'm trying to iron out. I'm also working on trying to get more storage memory on the device. It won't be a whole lot, maybe 7-8 megs all around due to one of the kitchens tools.

It seems that it's getting closer to final, and hopefully it will get to a point where I don't have to release for a while.

Edited by WoZZeR999

Guest techmaster7545

Off of subject but all who would like to check out my site WELL DO TO COMMENTS cause i have so much to do and didn't proof read i need to fix then re post

I will be trying to add a ppc section for cab downloads shhh.

Edited by techmaster7545

Guest ribbz
You really don't want to use the conventional backup apps (SPB, RESCO....) because they will copy everything and may over-write tweaks or changes that you may want from the newer ROM, and some pf the problems from previous ones!!

One option I am exploring that may be of help is Seshimi. It is a multi-CAB installer that you can also save email settings, reg tweaks (not sure I would do those automatically on a new ROM (same reason as above) and some other things I haven't looked into yet.

http://www.winmo-experts.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4

I figured this may be the case. I will probably end up just reinstalling stuff myself. I am getting pretty quick at that by now anyways <_<

Guest talkshowhost
From what i understand its a battery saver and it will allow sync with it off it just dnt allow it to draw off of power thats my guess

Ok... now i just realized that if USB is "on" in the easy settings screen, then activesync wont work. So i have to turn USB "off" to allow my phone to sync with a computer via the USB connection? From my perspective, thats beyond stupid and counterintuitive. And why should i have to chose between charging my phone and having it sync with the PC? Wouldnt any reasonable person expect for their phone to charge while its connected to a PC and syncing with activesync? Why doesn't off mean off - the ports disabled, and on mean on - the port is enabled to allow data transfer and charging.

Guest elliedawg

I think maybe it just toggles whether the USB connection connects w/ ActiveSync or as a mass storage device. Does this really make a difference with respect to how the device charges? I thought USB ports were "trickle" chargers no matter what type of connection you have?

Guest necosino

Our Omnias have a power cell device that actually can regulate the power flow into the battery to charge. That's why if you use an "unsupported charger" it can tell and won't take a charge from it, to prevent damage.

Can't remember what the exact name of the device is though.. smartcell? something like that

Guest Adrynalyne
I have 21725 working, it seems pretty good. It still has a few screen issues (tap response and stuff) that I'm trying to iron out. I'm also working on trying to get more storage memory on the device. It won't be a whole lot, maybe 7-8 megs all around due to one of the kitchens tools.

It seems that it's getting closer to final, and hopefully it will get to a point where I don't have to release for a while.

Which kitchen tool are you referring to?

Guest techmaster7545
I think maybe it just toggles whether the USB connection connects w/ ActiveSync or as a mass storage device. Does this really make a difference with respect to how the device charges? I thought USB ports were "trickle" chargers no matter what type of connection you have?

u need to try it before u post when he turned it on it started charging

Edited by techmaster7545

Guest techmaster7545
Do a grammar check of your work before you publish it and then seed it around the net.. <_<

what are u talking abt grammer i have it how i want it and after u look so long it is just lines thats why i put it up and people can tel me if they noticed anything wrong

Edited by techmaster7545

Guest Adrynalyne
The standard i900 kitchen.

Wozzer, which tool?

The i900 kitchen is a collection of tools. I'd like to combat the space loss from 21275.

Edited by Adrynalyne

Guest matthoop11

I am still having the problem of M2D constantly unloading. After every single program I open, it says the "Tap here to launch TouchFlo". I also have a problem of many program not opening, or flicking open for a moment and then immediately closing or minimizing (and ofcourse going back to the "tap here to launch TouchFlo" screen). It is getting pretty annoying.

I have done everything people have said to try: Soft Reset, Hard Reset, Re-Flashing, and hard resetting again.... but nothing works.

Does anyone know anything else I could try? This is my first time using M2D and I absolutely love it, so I wish it were more stable for me to continue using it.

Thanks for any help^^

Guest WoZZeR999

It's just a problem with how the OEMs are created, it's not the kitchen per se, but a result of the kitchen involving the initflash files. There really isn't much gain, and I won't know if it actually does anything until I get a change to flash it.

Guest techmaster7545
I did. It charges either way.

mine to but his did not for some reason so thats all i could think of but im not sure of the reason he tried it and it started charging but now no sync

maybe there a setting in advance config not sure

Guest smashedpumpkins

I added a couple cities to the weather but it never changes. The default was some place called "Woodway". I removed it, but it still only displays the woodway weather. So far the rest is great though!

Guest gimpdog
I am still having the problem of M2D constantly unloading. After every single program I open, it says the "Tap here to launch TouchFlo". I also have a problem of many program not opening, or flicking open for a moment and then immediately closing or minimizing (and ofcourse going back to the "tap here to launch TouchFlo" screen). It is getting pretty annoying.

I have done everything people have said to try: Soft Reset, Hard Reset, Re-Flashing, and hard resetting again.... but nothing works.

Does anyone know anything else I could try? This is my first time using M2D and I absolutely love it, so I wish it were more stable for me to continue using it.

Thanks for any help^^

I'm pretty sure you're running out of memory. WM 6 and up auto manages memory and closes applications automatically to preserve your system. Check your available memory.