Guest WoZZeR999

Guest Dblocker
you will need a reg editor to do this not sure but i believe this is it

HKEY Local Machine --- software--- Microsoft --- Chome

and see sk1url & sk1text this is for the left soft key

PUT THIS IN THERE

SK1URL= \Windows\Start Menu\Programs

SK1TEXT= titanium or start which ever u want it to say

Hey techmaster - using \Windows\Start Menu\Programs doesn't work for me; I get an error when I press the softkey "The file " cannot be opened". If I try \Windows\Start Menu\Programs\calendar.lnk then that works (but of course doesn't do what I want it to do).

Have you gotten this working on your Omnia? Does it maybe need to be in quotes or something?

Guest Dblocker
Hey techmaster - using \Windows\Start Menu\Programs doesn't work for me; I get an error when I press the softkey "The file " cannot be opened". If I try \Windows\Start Menu\Programs\calendar.lnk then that works (but of course doesn't do what I want it to do).

Have you gotten this working on your Omnia? Does it maybe need to be in quotes or something?

Also if I just execute a .lnk to \windows\start menu\programs it opens up the folder in my default file explorer - instead of launching the wm6.5 honeycomb menu interface. There's got to be a way to programmatically launch this interface; but I haven't been able to find the program/link to do it.

Guest techmaster7545
Also if I just execute a .lnk to \windows\start menu\programs it opens up the folder in my default file explorer - instead of launching the wm6.5 honeycomb menu interface. There's got to be a way to programmatically launch this interface; but I haven't been able to find the program/link to do it.

its the path thats wrong but not sure of the path but i will try to find out for you i used it for SPB MS3 and it worked great give me just a min to find the path

Guest talkshowhost

I can confirm that whether USB is "on" or "off" in quick settings, the phone will not charge when hooked up to a computers USB port. Both settings only maintain whatever charge is currently present in the battery. When you disconnect your phone from either setting, the battery reader will tell you you are charged at 95-100%, but after only about 2 minutes of use, the battery meter will drop down to wherever it was before it was connected to the computer.

The only difference between the ON/OFF settings in all settings is that it tells the computer whether to sync with activesync or storage memory.

So back to my original question, how the heck can i charge my phone via a computer USB? I dont want to have to buy an outlet charger for my home and work. I'm at my computer all day at work. Theres absolutely no reason I shouldnt be able to charge my phone. Am i the only one who's discovered this problem or does no one else like to charge their phone while at work?

Guest techmaster7545
its the path thats wrong but not sure of the path but i will try to find out for you i used it for SPB MS3 and it worked great give me just a min to find the path

try windows\menulauncher.exe or try program files\clauncher thats all i can see but will keep looking or just windows\Start Menu if not ill find it as soon as i get back from the store

Adrynalyne is signed in maybe he would know

Edited by techmaster7545

Guest smashedpumpkins

I can't open up .3g2 or .mp4 files now... I get "The file cannot be opened. Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate, or one of its components cannot be found. If the problem persists, try reinstalling or restoring this file."

I loaded the 'SMPlayer__with_codecs.rar", but it still doesn't work. Do I need to go find the touch player. Why on earth would the video player be removed?

I may just be confused or something... But any help would be great!

Guest WoZZeR999

I removed the touch player because it is a piece of s***. That is what SMplayer is. I wanted to include the TCPMP phenom in, but it is too large, and doesn't work the way it should in my opinion. V.04 still have TCPMP, so try opening in that. I will be including a different build of TCPMP .72 with FFMpeg support. You can also try opening it in windows media player.

Guest smashedpumpkins
I removed the touch player because it is a piece of s***. That is what SMplayer is. I wanted to include the TCPMP phenom in, but it is too large, and doesn't work the way it should in my opinion. V.04 still have TCPMP, so try opening in that. I will be including a different build of TCPMP .72 with FFMpeg support. You can also try opening it in windows media player.

Okay you're right I was able to get it open in a few programs. My problem was I couldn't just click it. I was able to searching using SMPlayer to get it working. Looking forward to your next updates. Thanks

Guest reydiodj
I can confirm that whether USB is "on" or "off" in quick settings, the phone will not charge when hooked up to a computers USB port. Both settings only maintain whatever charge is currently present in the battery. When you disconnect your phone from either setting, the battery reader will tell you you are charged at 95-100%, but after only about 2 minutes of use, the battery meter will drop down to wherever it was before it was connected to the computer.

The only difference between the ON/OFF settings in all settings is that it tells the computer whether to sync with activesync or storage memory.

So back to my original question, how the heck can i charge my phone via a computer USB? I dont want to have to buy an outlet charger for my home and work. I'm at my computer all day at work. Theres absolutely no reason I shouldnt be able to charge my phone. Am i the only one who's discovered this problem or does no one else like to charge their phone while at work?

- a couple of things...

Charging via USB you will always get a trickle charge - don't expect it to charge as quick (or as full) as the AC adapter; therefore, you should see a charging benefit when connected for at least an hour. Also, when connected and charging via USB, you'll never get a full charge no matter how long - it'll just be real close.

Another thing to be aware of, not all USB ports may be able to charge your device; when connected to my Redfly, it can only maintain my charge, but when I connect to a PC (desktop or notebook) I do get a charge.

Are you plugging into a hub or front outputs of a desktop PC or monitor? Try plugging directly into the back of the PC for awhile (1+ hours) and see if you get better results.

Guest jbrittmartin
WoZZer, have you been following the thread on kinetic scrolling at http://modaco.com/content-page/271346/ftou...r-i900/page/20/? This may be part of the answer to whatever screen issues you're still seeing with 6.5. In particular, do you know of a way to completely strip the old 6.1-era Samsung scrolling add-ons from your 6.5 ROMs? The new native 6.5 scrolling is great, but we're not enjoying it as long as that Samsung stuff is still baked into your ROM. Seems that many of us have inadvertently overridden the Samsung scrolling by simply installing (but not enabling) FTouchSL. But it would sure be a lot better if you could eliminate this directly in the ROM so everyone would enjoy the smooth scrolling that's now built into native 6.5! Any chance of doing this for your upcoming build?

what exactly are you installing to take advantage of that smoother scrolling?

Guest shady420x

yo WoZZer, this is a bit of topic but what part of detroit are you from? Im from from the Novi/West Bloomfield area myself...

Guest WdGldDave
does it irritate anybody that if you press the center button to wake the phone, the clock menu comes up?

start>settings>Personal>Buttons>WakeUp (tab)>change to "Power Button only" and check "when device is woken up, lock device"

I think the front button setting is enabled by default?

Guest Dblocker
Dblocker i just got back in so im back on the hunt

Thanks techmaster... hope you can find the answer!! Really appreciate the help...

Guest techmaster7545
Thanks techmaster... hope you can find the answer!! Really appreciate the help...

well 3 advanced people dnt know but im still digging it has to be here somewhere

Guest smashedpumpkins

I noticed after I send a text if I quickly close the message or quickly open a new one the phone freezes completely. I have to restart it to fix it. This happens a lot since I'm a big texter. Pretty annoying. Does anyone else have this issue? Everything else runs pretty good.

Guest Itlooksfast

I have been running this ROM for about 3 weeks now and IM LOVIING IT!! I flashed the V2 M2D version...changed the DIALER to Spam alert...installed a few games and programs. I also installed the red n black m2d theme with red n black dialer and everything GLOSS black. Im just looking for a keyboard with a red n black theme lol. No bug so far and everything seem to be working great. Havnt use WIFI or BLUETOOTH that much so I didnt find any problem with it. I dont think I want to flash to V3 or V4 since this one is working fine. I will flash to V5 with the latest ROM that just came out tho for more memory lol.

A few issues thats annoying me:

Everytime I click on a movie to play with TCMP I get this msg "TCMP 0.81 included all plugins for WM6.1" Then i have to click OK to continue.....not a big deal but kinda annoying. Anyone know how to fix this? or if I upgrade to a newer version of TCMP will it fix this problem?

The keyboard im using now is stock default one...and I dont mind it much but it seem to be really slow for my fingers. I have wait for a bit for it catch up and im not even typing that fast. When im on Facebook (m.facebook.com not the plugin) every time I type something in the status box or reply box theres "." in some of the words. The words are spell correctly....even on a small word like "the" it would be "th.e" Its very annoying cuz I have to go back and delete the "." and add another space between the next word.

I dont use WMP at all..so is there any way for me to delete it completely? I think TCMP is much better! and the music player is much better too.

I wont be flashing to V3 or V4 until the new ROM is included in the new version with 139Mb of memory...V5! But great work Wozzer and all those who contributed.

Edited by Itlooksfast

I have been running this ROM for about 3 weeks now and IM LOVIING IT!! I flashed the V2 M2D version...changed the DIALER to Spam alert...installed a few games and programs. I also installed the red n black m2d theme with red n black dialer and everything GLOSS black. Im just looking for a keyboard with a red n black theme lol. No bug so far and everything seem to be working great. Havnt use WIFI or BLUETOOTH that much so I didnt find any problem with it. I dont think I want to flash to V3 or V4 since this one is working fine. I will flash to V5 with the latest ROM that just came out tho for more memory lol.

A few issues thats annoying me:

Everytime I click on a movie to play with TCMP I get this msg "TCMP 0.81 included all plugins for WM6.1" Then i have to click OK to continue.....not a big deal but kinda annoying. Anyone know how to fix this? or if I upgrade to a newer version of TCMP will it fix this problem?

The keyboard im using now is stock default one...and I dont mind it much but it seem to be really slow for my fingers. I have wait for a bit for it catch up and im not even typing that fast. When im on Facebook (m.facebook.com not the plugin) every time I type something in the status box or reply box theres "." in some of the words. The words are spell correctly....even on a small word like "the" it would be "th.e" Its very annoying cuz I have to go back and delete the "." and add another space between the next word.

I dont use WMP at all..so is there any way for me to delete it completely? I think TCMP is much better! and the music player is much better too.

I wont be flashing to V3 or V4 until the new ROM is included in the new version with 139Mb of memory...V5! But great work Wozzer and all those who contributed.

Check out FingerKeyboard 2.1, it works beautifuly and has a red and blacl skin to boot.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment...mp;d=1239186309

Guest lilfields

Is there any torrents of the 4.0 ROM? When I download it, it keeps timing out <_< and you can't resume from this server

Guest lilfields
Did you try omniarom.com?

BTW, new version should be out later today. Just have a few last things to fix.

Oh, thanks, that should work. I guess I'll wait for the latest version later today, will that be posted on OmniaRom.com also?

Guest WoZZeR999
Oh, thanks, that should work. I guess I'll wait for the latest version later today, will that be posted on OmniaRom.com also?

It should be, I have to contact the guy who runs the site. So I don't know when it will be up on omniarom. Hopefully it won't take too long. I won't have everything ready for a few hours though.

Guest rishk789
Did you try omniarom.com?

BTW, new version should be out later today. Just have a few last things to fix.

Haha, answered the question I was about to ask! I love your ROM buddy!

Just for clarification... is the M2D version a copy of the naked version with the only addition being M2D? In other words, is there anything else in the M2D version (besides M2D) that's not in the naked version?

Looking forward to flashing to v0.5 later today.

Edited by rishk789