--

Guest WoZZeR999

Guest knotbeerdan
The rom is nice, I like it, thanks a lot WOZZER.

There are couple issues withit however: the media files, like mp3 do not automatically open with media player, it even says the file cannot be open, I believe because the touch player is removed (which was a good decision) but it was default player. How do you change the default settings to media player

It found all mine just fine. Although i had to load them all again after the update. Not sure if this matters. I also did a hard reset after flash. (just a habit)

Guest paul9900
Same for me, won't update since about 8PM...maybe there a limit? LOL knowing VZ they'll charge us for any extra updates...FYI I'm in FL...

haha...probably right about that! Well, AZ works...Tx and FL not. Tried to call VZW, they're closed...Thanks for the info...feel better knowing I'm not the Lone Ranger...

Guest nikita13warrior

WOW!!! Came accross one more bug: after finally getting the "External GPS" icon, I tried to turn my WiFi, but it's not there anymore???!!! It was there just an hour ago! Can you help?

Guest WoZZeR999
The rom is nice, I like it, thanks a lot WOZZER.

There are couple issues withit however: the media files, like mp3 do not automatically open with media player, it even says the file cannot be open, I believe because the touch player is removed (which was a good decision) but it was default player. How do you change the default settings to media player

Whoops, thought I fixed that. This is a carry over from my 6.1 rom. I'll fix that, I know stereo BT works, don't see why mono would not.

The wifi thing is because the phone boots too fast I believe. Sometimes a reset will fix it. I will look into it more though.

As for *228, they may not be set up to update WM6.5.

Edit: The lock-ups seem to be from titanium weather. It will be removed in the next release, but I will include a link on where to find it. It seems to happen if try to wake your phone while it's connecting to accuweather to get data.

Edited by WoZZeR999

Guest s10camaro

Guys with verizon program issue, it seems almost every sat night sunday morning they go down to do updates. i called them one time cause i thought i busted my phone. funny this is my first post, had my omnia since feb.

wozzer awsome rom, waiting for next update. quick qestion, when i run WkTask manager the start button works once then stops? any ideas why, i switched to htc for now. also did you fix the all programs button for m2d in 6.1 release? it works now in 6.5?

Keep up great work

Edited by s10camaro

Guest Uribam

I've been using this rom all day. The only issues I had were mostly SPB backup based as I see it. I did a full backup which obviously restores the settings from the windows mobile 6.1 rom. When it restored the settings it wouldn't let me have a honeycomb menu anymore, did away with the 6.5 today screen somehow permanantly, and mucked up a few other minor things that I won't bother to write about. I decided to reflash the rom using only PIM data from the restore and that worked fine. I have all the winmo 6.5 features working quite well along with my contacts at least. I think I'm going to put off getting as many third party apps as I can to just have it as stock as possible and see how I like the OS. Only things I have to get is Google maps, iGO, and Iris browser.

After loading it this morning I decided I'd spend my day testing the phone, not as a geek like I usually would where I'm tearing through every feature trying to ensure everything works and screaming about the bugs and pitching my phone out the window. I chose to test it with use as a normal phone like I'd use with any other rom and my third party apps. Just for calls, sms, mms, light web browsing, stuff like that.

So I woke up, flashed the rom, read some stuff on the internet using my PC, then went to breakfast with my girlfriend. All pretty usual stuff. The first thing I really dislike is that there's no easy way to change the profile. We went into the restaurant, and when I do I always set my phone to vibrate as not to annoy everyone in the place with my UK phone ring. I'm sort of a polite fellow. It took me quite a few minutes figuring there had to be an easier way than to go to start easy settings sounds then change it. I didn't find one so if you happen to know a better way let me know! Then off to work for 11 hours, where I made and received several calls, both personal and business lasting various durations, sent some text messages, browsed the web once in a while, and recieved some MMS messages. Also I used the dice app to annoy one of my coworkers into going home early (the sound drove him nuts). There were probably other things I did with it I didn't really think about doing enough to mention. All in all it worked very well, and for a beta rom I was impressed. I came home with 50% battery life. There was no task manager I could find (and as Wozzer stated will be in later) so pretty much everything I opened stayed open all day.

I don't know if I'll stick with it or not, we'll have to see when he works on it more. For now I really really enjoy it and appreciate all the hard work Wozzer put into it. You're a king among men sir. The one HUGE thing I'd ask of you is if there is no way to add in things to the winmo today screen if you could add in something to open your default internet browser, maybe even swipe in multiple installed ones. One of my coworkers and I found it curious that it wasn't there among the other things you use a lot. Big thanks though Wozzer.

edit: *228 worked fine for me

Bam

Edited by Uribam

Guest missing2
I've been using this rom all day. The only issues I had were mostly SPB backup based as I see it. I did a full backup which obviously restores the settings from the windows mobile 6.1 rom. When it restored the settings it wouldn't let me have a honeycomb menu anymore, did away with the 6.5 today screen somehow permanantly, and mucked up a few other minor things that I won't bother to write about. I decided to reflash the rom using only PIM data from the restore and that worked fine. I have all the winmo 6.5 features working quite well along with my contacts at least. I think I'm going to put off getting as many third party apps as I can to just have it as stock as possible and see how I like the OS. Only things I have to get is Google maps, iGO, and Iris browser.

After loading it this morning I decided I'd spend my day testing the phone, not as a geek like I usually would where I'm tearing through every feature trying to ensure everything works and screaming about the bugs and pitching my phone out the window. I chose to test it with use as a normal phone like I'd use with any other rom and my third party apps. Just for calls, sms, mms, light web browsing, stuff like that.

So I woke up, flashed the rom, read some stuff on the internet using my PC, then went to breakfast with my girlfriend. All pretty usual stuff. The first thing I really dislike is that there's no easy way to change the profile. We went into the restaurant, and when I do I always set my phone to vibrate as not to annoy everyone in the place with my UK phone ring. I'm sort of a polite fellow. It took me quite a few minutes figuring there had to be an easier way than to go to start easy settings sounds then change it. I didn't find one so if you happen to know a better way let me know! Then off to work for 11 hours, where I made and received several calls, both personal and business lasting various durations, sent some text messages, browsed the web once in a while, and recieved some MMS messages. Also I used the dice app to annoy one of my coworkers into going home early (the sound drove him nuts). There were probably other things I did with it I didn't really think about doing enough to mention. All in all it worked very well, and for a beta rom I was impressed. I came home with 50% battery life. There was no task manager I could find (and as Wozzer stated will be in later) so pretty much everything I opened stayed open all day.

I don't know if I'll stick with it or not, we'll have to see when he works on it more. For now I really really enjoy it and appreciate all the hard work Wozzer put into it. You're a king among men sir. The one HUGE thing I'd ask of you is if there is no way to add in things to the winmo today screen if you could add in something to open your default internet browser, maybe even swipe in multiple installed ones. One of my coworkers and I found it curious that it wasn't there among the other things you use a lot. Big thanks though Wozzer.

edit: *228 worked fine for me

Bam

wow thanks for the post!! reminded me i have an essay due tomorrow

Guest missing2
Whoops, thought I fixed that. This is a carry over from my 6.1 rom. I'll fix that, I know stereo BT works, don't see why mono would not.

The wifi thing is because the phone boots too fast I believe. Sometimes a reset will fix it. I will look into it more though.

Edit: The lock-ups seem to be from titanium weather. It will be removed in the next release, but I will include a link on where to find it. It seems to happen if try to wake your phone while it's connecting to accuweather to get data.

i have the same wifi problem. im running v5. i found if you check/uncheck wifi power save mode then it shows up in connections. was there a fix for it btw?

Guest Windsponge

After reading everything here again I wanted to give a little more detailed opinion. I have flashed all three. I used lite last. Have been using for 24 hours. This is the first time I have really loved my Omnia.

First issue I had was it would go to sleep and wouldn't wake up with out a soft reset. I went into settings/power and set it to none on battery and external. It has not done it again since that time.

As I have said before I have dont text or mms, I just e-mail alot.It has worked fine. The weather app has work great for me. I hope it stays in the rom.

The music I have plays perfect. My pictures are working fine. I installed htc task manager,It will work fine as long as I dont click desktop. It shuts off everything else.It will freeze up if you try to shut off desktop.

I really like this version so well I might not try the newer ones. It shows that WoZZer really does quality work and I want to thank him again. Just so you know I have had no issues *228ing. Also no issues with Wi-fi. I hope this is helpful. :D

Edited by Windsponge

Guest JDawg183

Well, I went back to "ole reliable" as dangerous puts it and.... it worked! I am using 6.5 baby yeah! Thank you so much WoZZer, basically, you rock! I am loving the 6.5! Not really had any problems with it yet (of course I went right to bed after I got it to flash because I get up at 4) but I have made a couple observations. First off, I am unable to find "Marketplace" on here. I know that technically it is not supposed to be up for a while, but someone over at ppcgeeks said that it popped up for a while and he was able to download a thing or too from it, so I was just hoping to check it once in a while. Anyone know where I can find a cab to reinstall it or something? Second, did they completely do away with "programs" now that we have the honeycomb start? Not a big deal if it is gone, because it seems that all programs are in the honeycomb, just curious if I am blind stupid or both :D Anyway, thank you very much WoZ, I dont think I am even going to have to throw down a shell this time!

Guest jimgreco

Which task manager is everyone using? Touch Task Manager works great however it doesn't look too great, seems cluttered. And I can't get HTC Task Manager to run on it.

Guest woodsptw
There is a reg edit to enable the external gps.

HKLM>Control Panels>GPS Settings> then rename the "Redirect" value to "Default"

Reset phone (may take a couple resets) You will now see External GPS in the settings system menu. COM set to 8. et baud rate to 57600.

I loaded CERegEditor - It doesn't let me change the name redirect to default. Redirect shows as a Value Name, there nothing in the Value Data field. There is a check box for 'set as default's key value'. Any thoughts? so the question is - are you really renaming redirect to default - or are you setting the value data from an empty field to default? Thanks for any insight!

BTW - GPS isn't working for me.. it did with Blazingwolf's 6.1 ROM but hasn't since then?? I had BAF Toggle installed but I can't get it to display after installing??

I like the ROM!! Still testing things out.. only other comment/question -- when you hit Start - I only can get Today, Programs and Settings as options? I need to search more to see if that can be edited. When I edit the 'today' settings.. I can only pick one thing.

Edited by woodsptw

Guest nikita13warrior
I loaded CERegEditor - It doesn't let me change the name redirect to default. Redirect shows as a Value Name, there nothing in the Value Data field. There is a check box for 'set as default's key value'. Any thoughts? so the question is - are you really renaming redirect to default - or are you setting the value data from an empty field to default? Thanks for any insight!

Just follow the istruction: "rename VALUE to Default"

It worked for me

Guest woodsptw

It worked for me

Sorry - I wasn't clear ..

it won't let me rename that field..

Guest monsterpt

BTW - GPS isn't working for me.. it did with Blazingwolf's 6.1 ROM but hasn't since then?? I had BAF Toggle installed but I can't get it to display after installing??

I like the ROM!! Still testing things out.. only other comment/question -- when you hit Start - I only can get Today, Programs and Settings as options? I need to search more to see if that can be edited. When I edit the 'today' settings.. I can only pick one thing.

I think you can actually remove the value of "Redirect" all together. Just delete it. But if you have Woz's ROM loaded, he should have put Total Commander in them all I think. Just use it. Press and hold over "Redirect" and it will give you an option to rename.

Guest woodsptw

It worked for me

Thanks.. there aren't many instructions for TotalCommander - but once I found to hit //plugins .. it was obvious.

I made the changes - but don't have anything showing up in settings for GPS. I did find access in GoogleMaps optiosn and made the changes to com port 8, 57600 but still no GPS??

Not sure what to try next?

Edited by woodsptw

Guest monsterpt
Thanks.. there aren't many instructions for TotalCommander - but once I found to hit //plugins .. it was obvious.

I made the changes - but don't have anything showing up in settings for GPS. I did find access in GoogleMaps optiosn and made the changes to com port 8, 57600 but still no GPS??

You have to reset the phone a few times to get the gps settings to show up in the menu. Sorry about not telling you about the //plugins thing.

Guest nikita13warrior

1. I am sorry for being unclear about the bluetooth question. What I was meaning was: is there any way to listen to the music through a mono Bluetooth?

2. It worked with WiFi: I rebooted the device couple times and WiFi icon came back on and it's functioning

3. Still wasn't able to find the solvation for the glitch with the audio files refusing to open from file explorer, as I said looks like file association problem, because it shows the touch player icons on it. when I open them through media player, they are playing ok. Is there a way to fix association path?

4. Also I cannot locate any menu icon in settings, the icon responsible to add up the menu items in the start menu. Maybe it doesn't exist in 6.5? Because it was in 6.1

I love the rom, thank you very much, WOZZER. So I will be stickoing to it and waititng for the answers. Thanks

Guest nikita13warrior

I didn't try on google maps, but tried on Tomtom and used COM8 and 9600. It worked for me (didn't work on 57600)

Thanks

Guest WoZZeR999

Lots of questions to answer, but I already forgot most of the questions.

Uribam: You can use chome editor to edit the today screen, And you can hit the volume buttons to quickly set it to vibrate.

Woodsptw: You don't need the external GPs settings menu to use GPS. That's only if you have a bt GPS device.

Nikita:

1) All you should have to do is sync the BT headset to the phone, and it should output all sounds to the headset.

2) Still working on the WiFi issue, it's still kinda annoying me.

3) you can change file associations with Total commander. I'll work on changing as many of the extensions that I can remember

4) I don't think it's in wm6.5. When I can play around with a later build, I'll see if it's in there.

Guest Dblocker

To change the icon associated with a program in the honeycomb start menu use a little program called hComber. Works great with WoZZeR's rom. It's makes the necessary edit to the registry for you. Nikita - is that what you were asking in 4) ??

I'm slowing ramping up on customizing things. To get the CHome Editor to work for adding new panels/pages I had to create the folder \storage card\my documents with the icons I want to use. Didn't work when I tried to put it in \my storage\my documents for some reason. But this is one very cool little utility for tweaking the titanium panels.

I really like it that the Start Menu is the real \windows\start menu. Makes it easy to remove programs I don't want, and create my own lnk's. For example I have a lnk to a folder with all my music playlists. Stick it in start menu, use hComber to give it a nice music icon and I'm good to go. it's a small pain to have to edit the registry to reorder the start menu items, but I'm sure someone will come out with an easy tool in the near future. In the meantime the registry hack isn't bad and I have everything exactly the way I want it!

hey WoZZeR - what do you think about building into your ROM the notifications panel that has email/sms/voicemail all in one panel?

Guest leland_jr

Not using this one yet, but just wanted to say that it's great to see and thank you for getting it loaded.

Now if only MSFT would buy SPB :D