--

Guest WoZZeR999

Guest nghumphrey
it's the *only* winmo browser out there, which properly supports Flash...try to open heavy flash sites like fox.com or nba.com in opera and then do the same with skyfire and you'll see what i mean. UI may not be the best, but it does what no other browser can....

+1

I also use skyfire any time I need to goto a flash intensive site. Skyfire just loads everything how it should be like a "real" web brower. I also agree though that the UI could use some work in the finger friendly department. So right now it's two browsers for me. Skyfire for heavy flash and Opera for everything else. If Opera could render everything just like Skyfire does then we would have the perfect browser.

Note: As I was typing up this comment I remembered that skyfire has version 1.0 out and went and checked it out. You can download a .cab straight from their site to your phone. Seems to load things alot faster. No major UI changes though.

Note 2: I tried to hop onto hulu with the new skyfire 1.0 and although I can navigate the site and start a clip to the point where it says it is loading, it eventually returns an error suggesting that I check my internet connection. I thought maybe it was the 3g being too slow to buffer so then I jumped on a wifi connection and still got the same message. Anyone else try this?

Edited by nghumphrey

Guest WoZZeR999

Sector and I work rather closely, and I liked his new Welcome screen more than the one that I had. I felt they should be given credit for the opening screen.

Guest nghumphrey

Hey WoZZeR, v5 is solid! I have converted from stock to m2d and really like it alot. One thing I miss is the transcriber. It's fine that you leave it out as I know its not for everyone but I can't find a .cab to replace it with. Shokka9's kitchen doesn't have one and the only thing I found in my searches is one that I think comes from a HTC and is alot slower than the Omnia one. Could you make a cab available for the transcriber? Pretty please?

Guest vbchan
Sector and I work rather closely, and I liked his new Welcome screen more than the one that I had. I felt they should be given credit for the opening screen.

okay that's cool then.

Guest Draconius

Hey Wozz. I flashed to v5 M2D and it seems to be a little laggy when loading texts, typing, or moving across the screen. Any ideas?

And PLEASE do not put in skyfire. That browser is not very friendly.

Guest WoZZeR999
Hey Wozz. I flashed to v5 M2D and it seems to be a little laggy when loading texts, typing, or moving across the screen. Any ideas?

No idea for M2D, I tried it a little, and it seemed fine.

Guest MadTripper

I updated to v5 this morning and it appears the google maps section in TouchFlo is not working. I can access maps through the programs but not through the touchflo panel. Anyone else?

Tripper

Guest WoZZeR999

I forgot I changed the path. It'll be fixed in V.06. For now, you can edit

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\gmml\Shell\Open\Command]
@="Program Files\\GoogleMaps\\GoogleMaps.exe"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\MIME\Database\Content Type\application/vnd.google-earth.kml+xml]
"Extension"=".kml"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\kml\Shell\Open\Command]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\MIME\Database\Content Type\application/vnd.google-earth.kmz]
"Extension"=".kmz"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\kmz\Shell\Open\Command]
@="Program Files\\GoogleMaps\\GoogleMaps.exe"[/code] to say
[code][HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\gmml\Shell\Open\Command]
@="Windows\\GoogleMaps.exe"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\MIME\Database\Content Type\application/vnd.google-earth.kml+xml]
"Extension"=".kml"

"Extension"=".kmz"

Guest z33k3369
I updated to v5 this morning and it appears the google maps section in TouchFlo is not working. I can access maps through the programs but not through the touchflo panel. Anyone else?

Tripper

Verified. I cannot access them either thru the touch-flo.....

Guest vbchan

sounds like a problem i get when i don't do a hard reset when i flash to a new ROM...i would try doing a hard reset...

Guest Draconius
sounds like a problem i get when i don't do a hard reset when i flash to a new ROM...i would try doing a hard reset...

I always do a hard reset before flashing to a new rom.

Guest Draconius
I forgot I changed the path. It'll be fixed in V.06. For now, you can edit

"Extension"=".kml"

"Extension"=".kmz"

to say

"Extension"=".kml"

"Extension"=".kmz"

Did all of this to no avail. Do we really need two "\" after windows?

Guest techmaster7545
I always do a hard reset before flashing to a new rom.

i have flashed 4 Times now and never had to do a hard reset i know others that never do its weird some do some dont

Guest techmaster7545
Did all of this to no avail. Do we really need two "\" after windows?

i think u do have to have 1 of them but on the code it looks like 2 try that

Guest WoZZeR999
i think u do have to have 1 of them but on the code it looks like 2 try that

2 is used for the OEM, It's probably just one in a normal registry.

Guest talkshowhost
- a couple of things...

Charging via USB you will always get a trickle charge - don't expect it to charge as quick (or as full) as the AC adapter; therefore, you should see a charging benefit when connected for at least an hour. Also, when connected and charging via USB, you'll never get a full charge no matter how long - it'll just be real close.

Another thing to be aware of, not all USB ports may be able to charge your device; when connected to my Redfly, it can only maintain my charge, but when I connect to a PC (desktop or notebook) I do get a charge.

Are you plugging into a hub or front outputs of a desktop PC or monitor? Try plugging directly into the back of the PC for awhile (1+ hours) and see if you get better results.

Thanks for the reply. I am charging with the same outlet on my work PC that charged my HTC 6900 perfectly every day for over a year. To give you a specific example, my omnia was at 65% and i went in a LOOOOONG meeting at work and left my omnia "charging " for over 3 hours. The omnia had a popup saying it was fully charged. I disconnected the omnia, had a 10 minute phone call, and checked the battery again and it was at 60%. The only thing I can think of is that the phone was never charging to begin with. the usb connection was maintaining the 65% charge, but not actively charging the phone.

The only difference i notice between my omnia and the touch as far as charging goes is the screen would never turn off on my touch when charging via usb. with the omnia, the screen goes black. maybe charging stops when the screen turns off for some reason?

Guest techmaster7545
Thanks for the reply. I am charging with the same outlet on my work PC that charged my HTC 6900 perfectly every day for over a year. To give you a specific example, my omnia was at 65% and i went in a LOOOOONG meeting at work and left my omnia "charging " for over 3 hours. The omnia had a popup saying it was fully charged. I disconnected the omnia, had a 10 minute phone call, and checked the battery again and it was at 60%. The only thing I can think of is that the phone was never charging to begin with. the usb connection was maintaining the 65% charge, but not actively charging the phone.

The only difference i notice between my omnia and the touch as far as charging goes is the screen would never turn off on my touch when charging via usb. with the omnia, the screen goes black. maybe charging stops when the screen turns off for some reason?

why not use multi adapter that came with the omnia to charge ac and still sync at same time?

Guest Apo11on
I'm running v5 Lite - for some reason I cannot install TCPMP Omnia Phenom Edition 2 with Finger Menu cab neither on the Device or My Storage - it starts the installation and then it produces this error: "Installation was unsuccessful. The the program or setting cannot be installed because it does not have sufficient system permissions." The exact same cab previously installed fine on v4 M2D. Has anyone experienced the same problem? Any idea how to fix this?

any solution for installing phenom's TCPMP? anyone? btw - TCPMP v3 installation fails with the same error

Guest TheDrizzle

Just went from v.3 -> v.5 last night, and things look ok so far. One thing I wanted to report that I noticed with v.3 and this version: it seems like even when you have the default (Samsung) dialer enabled, when receiving calls it's still showing the default "black" incall screen, not the Samsung screen. It appears this happens when the call comes in when the device is locked (using the new "Ignore" , "Answer" sliders). I just tested this out and was able to re-create it.

Has anyone else noticed this problem? If so, I'll log a bug in the tracker.

Thanks again WoZZer for all your work, it's like getting a new phone each week with these new ROMs!!!

Guest techmaster7545
Just went from v.3 -> v.5 last night, and things look ok so far. One thing I wanted to report that I noticed with v.3 and this version: it seems like even when you have the default (Samsung) dialer enabled, when receiving calls it's still showing the default "black" incall screen, not the Samsung screen. It appears this happens when the call comes in when the device is locked (using the new "Ignore" , "Answer" sliders). I just tested this out and was able to re-create it.

Has anyone else noticed this problem? If so, I'll log a bug in the tracker.

Thanks again WoZZer for all your work, it's like getting a new phone each week with these new ROMs!!!

Mine seems to be working fine . do you mean u get full screen default black

Edited by techmaster7545