--

Guest WoZZeR999

Guest Apo11on
What setting is everyone using to get google gps to lock?

let windows manage....... com8 57600.....something else?

in the phone settings set Location ON, instead of default 911 only

Guest Apo11on
did that first ..soft reset...

this really belongs to gps thread...consider taking it there. it's been said all over this forum first time gps lock can take a long time, like 7-10 mins worst case. it's also not enough to be just under clear sky - most "backyards" of houses have no satellite reception - you need to actually drive to a freeway in most cases, to get a lock. Also, it helps to reduce lock time tramendously if you actually zoom in google maps to your current location by doing manual search for your city + street. otherwise it attempts to get satellite signal based on the default location, set in the google maps after you install them. i think it kind of assumes that's your current position and attemps to find satellites from there.

Guest zeker11
this really belongs to gps thread...consider taking it there. it's been said all over this forum first time gps lock can take a long time, like 7-10 mins worst case. it's also not enough to be just under clear sky - most "backyards" of houses have no satellite reception - you need to actually drive to a freeway in most cases, to get a lock. Also, it helps to reduce lock time tramendously if you actually zoom in google maps to your current location by doing manual search for your city + street. otherwise it attempts to get satellite signal based on the default location, set in the google maps after you install them. i think it kind of assumes that's your current position and attemps to find satellites from there.

thanks

Guest Are these my pants?

I am really liking the the Titanium interface, got it dialed in nice. Unfortunately I am getting a lot of lockups using the Lite ROM. The locks will happen sometimes while it is sitting idle, screen off.

Third Party apps are:

Phone Extension

iGo8

HTC Audio Manager

Active Panels are:

TitaniumWeather

CHome

CLinks

CClock

CAppointments

CLauncher

HTCMUSIC

CMyPhotos

Anyone else having similar stability issues?

Guest charles2995

how do i change the wallpaper without having to change the m.carroll gloss theme with the easy to use menus? if i set a custom wallpaper, it reverts back to the old diamond qvga theme

Guest Dblocker

One simple way to change wallpaper is to browse your wallpaper image with Media Album. Once you've got the picture opened you can set it as the background from the Media Album Menu right softkey. This is how I do it.

Guest Draconius
whoops, you only need one, I forgot.

Wozzer, I originally did 1 slash to no avail. I think I will try the 2 slashes next.

New problem: When I switch to Samsung Dialer and start to input numbers the number line goes black and I cna't see the numbers being inputted. Make sense?

Guest jdaghir
I suppose i could buy another adapter to do this, but i dont want to have to bring it back and forth every day. Whatever the problem is, i'm pretty sure it has to do with samsung only allowing approved chargers or something like that... just a gimmick to try and make us all buy an additional ac charger i guess.

My understanding is that the sync cable supplied by Samsung works ONLY with computers running Activesync. I assume this is to prevent you from charging with a generic USB charger instead of Samsung's OEM chargers. If you want to charge from a computer without activesync or with a generic USB charger you need a special cable. Boxwave makes a retractable cable with two ends on it - one for charging & syncing with Activsync, the other end for charging only from any computer or USB charger. I've got one and it works pretty well. Link here:

http://tinyurl.com/knp4me

Guest lilfields

Does anyone else find it highly annoying that the text in the start menu is white, and when you highlight it, it has a white background, so you can't actually read what it says anymore? Is there any way to change that?

Guest Draconius

Here is another issue.

When typing (I am now using Touchpal) with any input system the keyboard will randomly minimize while typing so I have to re-pop it open and type the word again.

Any ideas?

Guest techmaster7545
Does anyone else find it highly annoying that the text in the start menu is white, and when you highlight it, it has a white background, so you can't actually read what it says anymore? Is there any way to change that?

download this and pick a color you want panel and selector in start menu to be works great

TitaniumColors6.5.rar

Guest smashedpumpkins
download this and pick a color you want panel and selector in start menu to be works great

TitaniumColors6.5.rar

I feel kind of dumb but what is M2D? I put it on my phone with v4, but I really don't know what it is. Thanks!

Guest techmaster7545
I feel kind of dumb but what is M2D? I put it on my phone with v4, but I really don't know what it is. Thanks!

myself i think it sucks i hate it if you want my suggestion go for spb mobile shell 3 it rocks its so finger friendly and the interface is sweet

its is another interface that replaces and\or ties in to windows mobile to answer the ?

Edited by techmaster7545

Guest techmaster7545

i always go with wozzers lite rom it always rocks then i load spb on it but different strokes for different folks lol

Guest techmaster7545

does anyone have or can copy and post off there phone "bronze.dll" files under windows or actually it might be this "Wm7bronze.dll"

Edited by techmaster7545

Guest Dblocker

Hey techmaster... any luck figuring out how to program a softkey to launch the honeycomb start menu? I know you've been looking! Crazy that Microsoft didn't make this a no-brainer.

Guest Rhyzar
myself i think it sucks i hate it if you want my suggestion go for spb mobile shell 3 it rocks its so finger friendly and the interface is sweet

its is another interface that replaces and\or ties in to windows mobile to answer the ?

That is what I have been using - the whole shell is user friendly, and graphically looks awesome. The only drawback is that it cost $30 - I think it is well worth it though.

Guest techmaster7545
That is what I have been using - the whole shell is user friendly, and graphically looks awesome. The only drawback is that it cost $30 - I think it is well worth it though.

well if u dnt want to pay that for it pm me i have cheaper way lol shhhh

Guest techmaster7545
Hey techmaster... any luck figuring out how to program a softkey to launch the honeycomb start menu? I know you've been looking! Crazy that Microsoft didn't make this a no-brainer.

think im getting closer yea microsoft never does lol

Guest swade8
how do you do this?

Hi I use SKTools to do all my tweaking with and setting my Soft Keys.. it's yet to fail me... there's a setting in sktools called buttons, select that tab and change the path to the program you want and set the name to anything you want too... if you need further help email me.. Google SKTools and install the cab file... I'm currently using the version 5.

Guest Apo11on

WoZZeR your mailbox is full - no PM could be sent. Could you clean up or ask our landlord Paul very nicely for more space?

Guest dmcnado
how do you do this?

to set the right softkey to be different for each panel, either do it when you set up your panel(s) in Chome Editor, or do it by editing the registry. In Chome Editor, it is in the same place as where you add a new page. Where it says: "Add Right Soft Key Link" (SK2URL). When editing the registry, you go to HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Chome and edit the appropriate page (edit SK2URL line).

Guest techmaster7545
how do you do this?

never change the right one it is diffrent for each panel ONLY change left

HKEY Local Machine --- software--- Microsoft --- Chome

and see sk1url & sk1text

SK1URL= put path to program here

SK1TEXT= what u want it to say here