--

Guest WoZZeR999

Guest MadTripper
Wozzer, I originally did 1 slash to no avail. I think I will try the 2 slashes next.

New problem: When I switch to Samsung Dialer and start to input numbers the number line goes black and I cna't see the numbers being inputted. Make sense?

+1 on both items; not so concerned about google at the moment as V6 will fix.  Dialer is kind of funky.

Tripper

Guest taiyed33

everytime i try to use opera, facebook apps i get an error message saying network problem, and my weather doesn't load.. i have wozzers verison4

Guest techmaster7545
everytime i try to use opera, facebook apps i get an error message saying network problem, and my weather doesn't load.. i have wozzers verison4

go to v5 very good i have lite v5

Guest doitall76

First of Wozzer, thanks for your response yesterday telling me to do the upgrade. That fixed my issue, as well as a few others.

Questions -

- Is the stock version the only one with the standard Samsung Omnia dialer? As opposed to the default Windows dialer. I actually prefer this one to the Windows, because of the lock.

- When I first boot the stock version up, the Samsung Dialer is the tan and black, which would be fine, but as soon as I dial a number, the numbers that show up in the number display are black on a black screen, so I can't read them. Is there a fix.

- At the same time, I want to keep the nice big menu displays that show up when I hit the soft keys. Is there any way to accomplish both?

Thanks

Doitall76

Guest i'mdangerous
I have not hard reset before flashing any of Wozzer's roms and I have not had any problems.

+1 to that. and I just flashed with vista for the first time and amazing, my phone still works. (i think vista is now broken though).

Guest WoZZeR999

I know 21728 is out, it seemed to have a good amount of issues to get it working, and didn't really bring a whole lot to the table. I'm pretty much just doing major revisions of the SYS.

doitall: 1)Stock is the only one where it is enabled by default. They all still have it though, google can tell you how to enable it.

2) Nothing should have changed for the dialer, submit it to the bug tracker and I can look at it before v6.

3) As long as you use a wm6.5 theme, you should have the big menu's

taiyed: Can you still make phone calls?

Guest Rob Storm

WoZZer, I'm not sure if this is a bug or not. Since I have upgraded to v5, which is awesome by the way, I've noticed that when I get a phone call and answer it, there is a delay of about 4 to 5 seconds before the caller can hear me and vice versa.

I have also noticed that I have a weaker connection as now when I get a voicemail and I am sitting at my desk Visual Voicemail can't connect to the network.

I have flashed back to v4 and the issues are non-existant. When I flashed back to v5 though, the issues are back.

Edited by Rob Storm

Guest techmaster7545

Off subject but does anyone know how to make backgrounds work in both portrait and landscape i have tried all diffrent sizes but never works for both for the rotation

Guest glsniper
WoZZer, I'm not sure if this is a bug or not. Since I have upgraded to v5, which is awesome by the way, I've noticed that when I get a phone call and answer it, there is a delay of about 4 to 5 seconds before the caller can hear me and vice versa.

I have also noticed that I have a weaker connection as now when I get a voicemail and I am sitting at my desk Visual Voicemail can't connect to the network.

I have flashed back to v4 and the issues are non-existant. When I flashed back to v5 though, the issues are back.

I've been getting the same problem. I haven't tried flashing back to v4. Perhaps it's the new WinMo build.

Guest talkshowhost
My understanding is that the sync cable supplied by Samsung works ONLY with computers running Activesync. I assume this is to prevent you from charging with a generic USB charger instead of Samsung's OEM chargers. If you want to charge from a computer without activesync or with a generic USB charger you need a special cable. Boxwave makes a retractable cable with two ends on it - one for charging & syncing with Activsync, the other end for charging only from any computer or USB charger. I've got one and it works pretty well. Link here:

http://tinyurl.com/knp4me

thankyou for the reply and URL, however the samsung USB cable included with my phone is the one i have been using... and i am using it on a windows xp computer with activesync. the phone will not charge (although it says its charging), whether it USB is set to ON or OFF in the settings screen (under "communications" in the M2D ROM). I've actually determined that when USB is turned OFF (as it was suggested I do earlier), it actually drains the battery more than if it was not connected because in this setting, the screen stays on the entire time its connected to the PC. This results in a slow constant drain of the battery. If USB is set to ON, the screen will turn off, but the phone will stop charging. So its like, im screwed either way.

I wonder why I seem to be the only person having problems here. Maybe theres something wrong with my phone itself. I know that i have to press the power button 5 or 6 times to get the phone to turn on, and my friend has an omnia without this problem. maybe i should swap this one while i'm still within my 30 days.

Guest Bendage

Sorry if this has already been covered. But there is over 100 pages and I read 20 and could not find it.

I just updated to M2D v5. The directions say to click the mortscript pop-up when it loads up for the 1st time. I did not see this pop-up. Please advise.

Guest Rob Storm
I haven't noticed that, try dialing *228 with option 2 to update tower info.

Tried it and it did not help. Should I try Option #1?

Guest dmcnado
never change the right one it is diffrent for each panel ONLY change left

HKEY Local Machine --- software--- Microsoft --- Chome

and see sk1url & sk1text

SK1URL= put path to program here

SK1TEXT= what u want it to say here

Yes, when you're working w/ existing pages I wouldn't be changing the right soft key, but when you're setting up new pages of your own, you have the right soft key to map (whatever you want it to do). Or, I guess you could just leave it blank... wouldn't hurt anything.

Guest Dblocker

I really like it that the right softkey can be different for each panel. For example I've mapped the right soft key on the Clock panel to launch the Samsung Alarm Clock app.

Guest Daisy6905

Regarding *225, I have flashed several times, never done a hard reset, now on Wozzer's v5 Lite and loving it, but have NEVER called *225 at any time during this process, and everything seems to be fine. Is this something I should do, or just if I am experiencing problems?

Guest dmcnado

Having the same issue w/ the samsung dialer. When I switch to Samsung Dialer and start to input numbers the number line goes black and I can't see the numbers being inputted. Becomes black text on black background, which renders it unreadable! Added to bug tracker.

Guest Bendage

Hey. 6.5 is... not that nice. How do I switch back to the 6.1 leaked rom version? Do I have to install a 6.1 cooked rom?

Guest Draconius
Hey. 6.5 is... not that nice. How do I switch back to the 6.1 leaked rom version? Do I have to install a 6.1 cooked rom?

Not that nice?!?! It's AWESOME.

But you can just reflash using the i910 ROM (The first one you used to unlock GPS) not any of the 6.5 cooked roms.

Guest lilfields

Is there any way I can make the phone be on the Weather by default instead of the clock on the titanium interface?

Edited by lilfields

Guest Bendage
Not that nice?!?! It's AWESOME.

But you can just reflash using the i910 ROM (The first one you used to unlock GPS) not any of the 6.5 cooked roms.

I guess I am just set in my old ways. Mainly why I hate Vista. Thanks

Guest JedK

Hi,

There are over 100 pages in this thread so maybe this has already been answered...

1) I'm assuming we should uninstall everything from the phone first because most of us don't install to the main storage, so there will be a lot of programs and program data on the "My Storage" space without any connection to the operating system.

Is this true?

Thanks,

JedK

Guest MrSmoofy
thankyou for the reply and URL, however the samsung USB cable included with my phone is the one i have been using... and i am using it on a windows xp computer with activesync. the phone will not charge (although it says its charging), whether it USB is set to ON or OFF in the settings screen (under "communications" in the M2D ROM). I've actually determined that when USB is turned OFF (as it was suggested I do earlier), it actually drains the battery more than if it was not connected because in this setting, the screen stays on the entire time its connected to the PC. This results in a slow constant drain of the battery. If USB is set to ON, the screen will turn off, but the phone will stop charging. So its like, im screwed either way.

I wonder why I seem to be the only person having problems here. Maybe theres something wrong with my phone itself. I know that i have to press the power button 5 or 6 times to get the phone to turn on, and my friend has an omnia without this problem. maybe i should swap this one while i'm still within my 30 days.

I am using the same cable and I found that when I plug it into the phone it will connect and not charge I either have to push it in further (seemed all the way in) or wiggle it and the phone starts to charge.