--

Guest WoZZeR999

Guest aleis

so im TOTALLY satisfied at this point!

i have the lite version.

no problems so far.

been running it since 3am 5/3/09.

ANYONE KNOW WHERE A VOICE COMMAND CAB IS??

Guest nikita13warrior
Lots of questions to answer, but I already forgot most of the questions.

Uribam: You can use chome editor to edit the today screen, And you can hit the volume buttons to quickly set it to vibrate.

Woodsptw: You don't need the external GPs settings menu to use GPS. That's only if you have a bt GPS device.

Nikita:

1) All you should have to do is sync the BT headset to the phone, and it should output all sounds to the headset.

2) Still working on the WiFi issue, it's still kinda annoying me.

3) you can change file associations with Total commander. I'll work on changing as many of the extensions that I can remember

4) I don't think it's in wm6.5. When I can play around with a later build, I'll see if it's in there.

WOZZER:

1. I did pair the BT, but the mono only works for calls, not for music, which is the regular thing. But all I wanted to know if there's a way to listen to music through mono bluetooth?

2. WiFi is still working fine for me

3. I am sorry but I am not familiar with Total Commander. By the way if I fix the file association in total commander, how would that change the assocciation in Windows Mobile itself?

4. I'll wait for your discoveries

Thanks

Guest nikita13warrior
To change the icon associated with a program in the honeycomb start menu use a little program called hComber. Works great with WoZZeR's rom. It's makes the necessary edit to the registry for you. Nikita - is that what you were asking in 4) ??

I'm slowing ramping up on customizing things. To get the CHome Editor to work for adding new panels/pages I had to create the folder \storage card\my documents with the icons I want to use. Didn't work when I tried to put it in \my storage\my documents for some reason. But this is one very cool little utility for tweaking the titanium panels.

I really like it that the Start Menu is the real \windows\start menu. Makes it easy to remove programs I don't want, and create my own lnk's. For example I have a lnk to a folder with all my music playlists. Stick it in start menu, use hComber to give it a nice music icon and I'm good to go. it's a small pain to have to edit the registry to reorder the start menu items, but I'm sure someone will come out with an easy tool in the near future. In the meantime the registry hack isn't bad and I have everything exactly the way I want it!

hey WoZZeR - what do you think about building into your ROM the notifications panel that has email/sms/voicemail all in one panel?

Dblocker:

What I meant was that the file association in Windows Mobile itself is wrong: the mp3 files are still by default associated with Touch Player, but WOZZER's build I am using lacks the Touch Player (which is very good), but didn't reassign association defaults to Media Player

Thanks

Guest jxa4508
so im TOTALLY satisfied at this point!

i have the lite version.

no problems so far.

been running it since 3am 5/3/09.

ANYONE KNOW WHERE A VOICE COMMAND CAB IS??

I have a Voice Command V1.6 Executable if you need it...PM me your e-mail address...

Guest doitall76

Does this flash remove the GPS ROM that I had already added. I assume that I will still have GPS capability after this flash right?

doitall76

Guest blazingwolf
Does this flash remove the GPS ROM that I had already added. I assume that I will still have GPS capability after this flash right?

doitall76

Correct. GPS should still work. It is turned on in the radio not the ROM.

Guest dercetojones

Wow. Thank you so much! This works amazingly well. I'm using the Lite rom and it flashed with no problems and so far still good. Still putting things back that I use, but overall, amazing job!

Guest aceofrazgriz

gettin ready to load this up tonight...

<3 wozzer (and blazingwolf for all the Q&A)

went through a few pages, and maybe i missed it...

but after going to one of these roms, can i later go back to the CC20 leaked (or even the official if its out at the time)?

i'm pretty sure its a yes, but wanna be cautious not to get stuck if i end up with problems.

Guest MistaSergio
gettin ready to load this up tonight...

<3 wozzer (and blazingwolf for all the Q&A)

went through a few pages, and maybe i missed it...

but after going to one of these roms, can i later go back to the CC20 leaked (or even the official if its out at the time)?

i'm pretty sure its a yes, but wanna be cautious not to get stuck if i end up with problems.

yep! you sure can. Just flash as you did to get to CC20 and :D better than new!

Guest Chris H11

I flashed it and have been playing around with it all day. Works great so far.

Only one problem I'm having. I tried CHome Editor to enable CMyFaves and create my own today plugin but neither is working. I then tried CHome Configurator and still nothingy.

Any suggestions?

Guest aceofrazgriz
yep! you sure can. Just flash as you did to get to CC20 and :lol: better than new!

thanks alot, was hoping for quick reply so i could play around tonight :lol:

time to have some fun...

still waiting for Win7 RC to go public too :D

Guest doitall76

This may be a dumb question, but I have downloaded both the Stock rar and the Lite rar. Both have .bin files and I don't seem to find an .img file for my UMDL program. Am I missing something significant or just missing brain cells? I did the GPS unlock with no issues. Can you help me?

Doitall76

Guest aleis
This may be a dumb question, but I have downloaded both the Stock rar and the Lite rar. Both have .bin files and I don't seem to find an .img file for my UMDL program. Am I missing something significant or just missing brain cells? I did the GPS unlock with no issues. Can you help me?

Doitall76

to flash this one we are using the .BIN file.

but you have to click the PDA button this time.

not the image button.

see the very first post :D

Guest sector
I flashed it and have been playing around with it all day. Works great so far.

Only one problem I'm having. I tried CHome Editor to enable CMyFaves and create my own today plugin but neither is working. I then tried CHome Configurator and still nothingy.

Any suggestions?

it is not properly configured in Titanium cpr files (blame MS). you cant do anything about it or if someone who is not bored to fix it.

plain XML :D

Guest charles2995

so would you all say that i should load this rom up on my phone (im running wozzers v5 right now) or should i wait till he releases the next version and fixes some stuff? also, what are the exact instructions for this? if i remember correctly i turn activesync off, set my phone to connect with mass storage, and have samsung umdl load the unified image file, then plug my phone which is off and then turn it on.

Edited by charles2995

Guest Dblocker

Chris - I have CHome Editor working for creating new panels for app launcher and opera favorites. Where are you having problems?

Sector - I've done a bunch of google searches but would love a few hints at how to enable the notification pane where email/vm/txt are all on a single panel. It's the last hurdle to having everything just the way I want. so please, please, please can you point me to somewhere that can help me get started?????? I'm comfortable editing xml files...

Guest Chris H11
Chris - I have CHome Editor working for creating new panels for app launcher and opera favorites. Where are you having problems?

When I used CHome Editor I didn't try making a new one because I had no idea what I was doing. Instead I just tried enabling the CMyFaves which didn't do anything.

I tried making a new one with CHome Configurator because it was simple and all I did was used the template for application launcher and chose the app, tried enabling it and nothing.

Guest GlassEyedPete
so would you all say that i should load this rom up on my phone (im running wozzers v5 right now) or should i wait till he releases the next version and fixes some stuff? also, what are the exact instructions for this? if i remember correctly i turn activesync off, set my phone to connect with mass storage, and have samsung umdl load the unified image file, then plug my phone which is off and then turn it on.

Probably doesn't matter too much either way...the current release is pretty stable but Wozzer stated that there will be an update soon. It's more a matter of whether or not you want to keep flashing your phone. I haven't really seen much in 6.5 that makes it better than 6.1. In my opinion, Mobile Shell 3 with custom skins smokes the titanium interface.

About the procedure:

-you don't need your phone to be set to "mass storage"

-you do need to turn off USB connections in activesync

-you'll be using UMDL to install the .bin to the PDA portion (there is no image file)

-if you're running v5 from wozzer, just install this the same way you installed the other custom rom

Edited by GlassEyedPete

Guest charles2995
Probably doesn't matter too much either way...the current release is pretty stable but Wozzer stated that there will be an update soon. It's more a matter of whether or not you want to keep flashing your phone. I haven't really seen much in 6.5 that makes it better than 6.1. In my opinion, Mobile Shell 3 with custom skins smokes the titanium interface.

About the procedure:

-you don't need your phone to be set to "mass storage"

-you do need to turn off USB connections in activesync

-you'll be using UMDL to install the .bin to the PDA portion (there is no image file)

-if you're running v5 from wozzer, just install this the same way you installed the other custom rom

thank you for the thorough answer.

i have tried spb mobile shell but the only thing i didn't like about it was that it wasn't like built in to the phone. you know what i mean kinda sorta? like, if you press end, it brings you back to the today screen, not the home mobile shell screen

Guest GlassEyedPete
thank you for the thorough answer.

i have tried spb mobile shell but the only thing i didn't like about it was that it wasn't like built in to the phone. you know what i mean kinda sorta? like, if you press end, it brings you back to the today screen, not the home mobile shell screen

That was true of the previous versions of Mobile Shell, but not of version 3. I didn't like the versions prior to version 3 either.

Guest charles2995
That was true of the previous versions of Mobile Shell, but not of version 3. I didn't like the versions prior to version 3 either.

woah so can you set it as a today plugin??