--

Guest WoZZeR999

Guest WoZZeR999
Hi, Wozzer. Was away for a while. I do enjoy your ROM so far, thanks a lot for it. I have couple questions: 1. since I was away for a while I still use your May 1st release, did you get it renewed? 2. I am getting the message "this copy of windows will expire in 30 days". what is it about? is it fixed already? 3. tell me if you can implement this thread: http://www.modaco.com/content/i9x0-omnia-h...mniatmc-beta-2/ would be fantastic.

Waiting for your replies

Thanks

1 & 2. Yeah, you have an old version, get the v5.

3. I won't put that in my rom, you can install it later.

Guest Apo11on

WoZZeR just do the final build of wm 6.5, when you can get your hands on it. WinMo Dev Team has already said on twitter its done, so it should be out soon. If I were to take a shot in the dark I'd say it's gonna be build 3000.

No one expects you to sweat out 4 versions of cooked ROM for every minor SYS upgrade.

Guest R.vkd

Hi people I have a very strange problem, uhmmm

I have a samsung omnia with te version: i900DXIA5.

The problem is:

When I'm searching for my wireless signal i see my network, but when i connect to my network i can't go on internet or Opera mobile cause it says ''netwerk problem'' I never had this problem before.

Can somebody help me with this problem, thnxx

(p.s I'm dutch my english is bad)

Guest jlavallee
I've been pretty busy lately. Lots of work, play off's, housewarming parties, weddings, random other drinking events. We'll see how my time goes the next couple of weeks, I may stop cooking due to time constraints. I'm not 100% sure, but we'll have to see.

I have a 21728 ready, still playing with some new options, like page pool size. I'm starting from scratch from v4 basically (I got a little too greedy with extra storage space, I compress lots of stuff that shouldn't have been and it broke).

I'll be checking modaco less frequently for a little while, but keep sending stuff to the bug tracker, so I can try to fix it when I have time.

Enjoy the Summer WoZZ

Guest Adrynalyne
WoZZeR just do the final build of wm 6.5, when you can get your hands on it. WinMo Dev Team has already said on twitter its done, so it should be out soon. If I were to take a shot in the dark I'd say it's gonna be build 3000.

No one expects you to sweat out 4 versions of cooked ROM for every minor SYS upgrade.

There will never be a 'final' build. Look at Windows Mobile 6.1. There are many different builds out there. CC20 is a newer build than the original ROM that shipped with the i910. Pretty sure DXID1 for the i900 is a newer build of 6.1 than CC20.

Its been theorized that the rtm build of WM 6.5 was already finished and the 217xx series is post rtm code. Might be the case, might not be. There are many different builds out there. We haven't seen any more generic MS builds since 21234.

212xx being a general MS build

215xx being Samsung specific build

216xx being HTC specific build

217xx being ?? specific build.

Edited by Adrynalyne

Guest jdaghir

Running M2D v.04. Everything was working well. Installed Cootek Touchpal v4.0 keyboard. Started to have problems with the phone locking up and not resuming from sleep. Un-installed Touchpal and the problems went away. Anyone else had problems with Touchpal?

Also I read one post in this thread that Pandora works with v.05. Can anyone else confirm that Pandora works with v.05?

Thanks!

Guest Rob V
[snip]I am getting the message "this copy of windows will expire in 30 days". what is it about?
Brings up an interesting question: Since the earlier WM 6.5 beta builds are now expiring, I'd assume that the newer ones will do likewise over time. Have the "cooks" figured out a way to remove the time-bombs? I'd hate to customize my whole phone around one of these wonderful 6.5 ROMs, only to have it expire a month or so from now with nowhere to go except back to 6.1 (perish the thought!)

Guest Rob V
Since I have upgraded to v5, which is awesome by the way, I've noticed that when I get a phone call and answer it, there is a delay of about 4 to 5 seconds before the caller can hear me and vice versa.
One thought: Have you checked the setting for Voice Privacy? (It's under Settings/Personal/Phone/Services.)

According to the WM dialog, "enhanced mode... can be associated with network delay while the advanced encryption is encoded or decoded". Is it possible that you had it turned off in v4, but on in v5?

Guest Adrynalyne
Brings up an interesting question: Since the earlier WM 6.5 beta builds are now expiring, I'd assume that the newer ones will do likewise over time. Have the "cooks" figured out a way to remove the time-bombs? I'd hate to customize my whole phone around one of these wonderful 6.5 ROMs, only to have it expire a month or so from now with nowhere to go except back to 6.1 (perish the thought!)

Builds newer than 21215 are not timebombed.

Guest Rob V

I know this has been raised before, but don't know if I've ever seen a definitive answer: Is there a way to define the priority of network connections? It seems as if the cellular EVDO connection always takes precedence over Wi-Fi. For example, if I connect to my own wireless network when EVDO is also active, both show up correctly as active connections... but Resco File Explorer is unable to map to any network drives, as if it is communicating only through EVDO. However, if I kill the EVDO link (leaving only Wi-Fi), I can instantly see and access all my shared network drives.

I connect to an Exchange server via ActiveSync for 'push' email, which immediately establishes an EVDO connection at boot time. If only the Wi-Fi is active, ActiveSync seems to think there's no network link available and immediately restarts EVDO. Since there's no way to stop ActiveSync (!), there's no good way to stop EVDO either.

Why does this happen? On my wireless-connected laptop, plugging in an Ethernet cable establishes a second (faster) connection which always has priority over the wireless. Yet if the wired connection doesn't resolve a particular address/URL, Windows then tries to resolve the address via the secondary (wireless) connection instead. WM sure doesn't seem to work the same way, although my understanding is that it's supposed to.

Have any of you had a similar problem, and is there any workaround? Ideally, whenever a Wi-Fi connection is available then all internet traffic should first be routed there -- and only if the Wi-Fi can't reach the desired address should the connection be retried via EVDO (e.g., connecting to some resource that's only accessible from inside the VZW network.)

Thanks for any ideas!

Guest Rob V
Installed Cootek Touchpal v4.0 keyboard. Started to have problems with the phone locking up and not resuming from sleep. Un-installed Touchpal and the problems went away. Anyone else had problems with Touchpal?

Very interesting! I've always had the problem with not being able to wake up the phone if it has been locked for a longer period of time, and also happen to use Touchpal. I never dreamed there could be a connection between the two, but I'll have to see if removing it clears up the problem.

If true, it's discouraging because I really like Touchpal (and I've tried just about every other keyboard available). It's easy to use; the word completion works great; and it has lots of other nice features like the edit mode and predefined strings.

The weird thing is that I can lock the phone, hit the power button, and wake/unlock it again a few minutes later with no problem. But if I leave it locked for an hour or so, I can no longer wake up the phone without doing a soft reset. I can't figure out why the length of time it's been locked has anything to do with the problem...

Guest kadramma
I know this has been raised before, but don't know if I've ever seen a definitive answer: Is there a way to define the priority of network connections? It seems as if the cellular EVDO connection always takes precedence over Wi-Fi. For example, if I connect to my own wireless network when EVDO is also active, both show up correctly as active connections... but Resco File Explorer is unable to map to any network drives, as if it is communicating only through EVDO. However, if I kill the EVDO link (leaving only Wi-Fi), I can instantly see and access all my shared network drives.

I connect to an Exchange server via ActiveSync for 'push' email, which immediately establishes an EVDO connection at boot time. If only the Wi-Fi is active, ActiveSync seems to think there's no network link available and immediately restarts EVDO. Since there's no way to stop ActiveSync (!), there's no good way to stop EVDO either.

Why does this happen? On my wireless-connected laptop, plugging in an Ethernet cable establishes a second (faster) connection which always has priority over the wireless. Yet if the wired connection doesn't resolve a particular address/URL, Windows then tries to resolve the address via the secondary (wireless) connection instead. WM sure doesn't seem to work the same way, although my understanding is that it's supposed to.

Have any of you had a similar problem, and is there any workaround? Ideally, whenever a Wi-Fi connection is available then all internet traffic should first be routed there -- and only if the Wi-Fi can't reach the desired address should the connection be retried via EVDO (e.g., connecting to some resource that's only accessible from inside the VZW network.)

Thanks for any ideas!

There is a 1GPRSshutdown cab that disconnects the Verizon broadband operation. When I first got the phone, any needed broadband purpose, starts the EDVO. You can see this by starting the Wireless Manager, and observe Broadband Access on the phone line, versus the word Phone. It seems that once this operation is started, the broadband function stays connected, and if so, will take priority over any WiFi connection. I used to just turn off the phone, and then start the WiFi, after that the WiFi will be used first.

With the cab file, it added a registry entry, that will disconnect the EVDO after one minute of non activity. When you see the standard phone antenna symbol in the today screen top line, then establish your WiFi access, and it will override the EVDO, while you are connected. This also saved a ton of battery life, since the EVDO, once used, does not disconnect willingly. and will take the battery down, because is constantly on, once established. I have the unlimited data plan, but people with limited data would blow through the MB limit. Hope this helps

Guest Rob Storm
One thought: Have you checked the setting for Voice Privacy? (It's under Settings/Personal/Phone/Services.)

According to the WM dialog, "enhanced mode... can be associated with network delay while the advanced encryption is encoded or decoded". Is it possible that you had it turned off in v4, but on in v5?

This fixed my issue:

1) Reflash with the original leaked CC20/6.1 ROM

2) Reflash using the PDA option to WoZZeR's 6.5 v5.

Edited by Rob Storm

Guest Rob Storm

I finally decided to try the M2D. Very nice! One question though. How can I go back to the "Standard" dialer screen?

Also, how do I get the screen lock back? I went into the options and changed it to 5 seconds but nothing locks.

Edited by Rob Storm

Guest ATSsupport
I finally decided to try the M2D. Very nice! One question though. How can I go back to the "Standard" dialer screen?

Also, how do I get the screen lock back? I went into the options and changed it to 5 seconds but nothing locks.

Use advanced config and goto phone and enable phone skin. soft reset and the standard dialer is back, this fixes the screen lock too.

Edited by ATSsupport

Guest Rob Storm
Use advanced config and goto phone and enable phone skin. soft reset and the standard dialer is back, this fixes the screen lock too.

Thank you so much for the quick reply! That's what I thought would fix it but I figured if I tried it without asking I would end up having to reflash my phone (which I do like 10 times a week anyways <_<).

Guest dmcnado
There is a 1GPRSshutdown cab that disconnects the Verizon broadband operation. When I first got the phone, any needed broadband purpose, starts the EDVO. You can see this by starting the Wireless Manager, and observe Broadband Access on the phone line, versus the word Phone. It seems that once this operation is started, the broadband function stays connected, and if so, will take priority over any WiFi connection. I used to just turn off the phone, and then start the WiFi, after that the WiFi will be used first.

With the cab file, it added a registry entry, that will disconnect the EVDO after one minute of non activity. When you see the standard phone antenna symbol in the today screen top line, then establish your WiFi access, and it will override the EVDO, while you are connected. This also saved a ton of battery life, since the EVDO, once used, does not disconnect willingly. and will take the battery down, because is constantly on, once established. I have the unlimited data plan, but people with limited data would blow through the MB limit. Hope this helps

Do you have this cab to share or do you know where we can find it? Thanks.

Guest PearlMikeJam
Build 21731 has been leaked.

Adrynalyne - have you started to cook it yet? How has the 728 build held up after extended use? Do you still think it is more stable than 725? Any other changes/additions/tweaks you have come across in either build?

I am really hoping we get a leak that includes the TellMe voice software that will read txt messages to you and let you dictate messages, among other things.

Guest Adrynalyne
Adrynalyne - have you started to cook it yet? How has the 728 build held up after extended use? Do you still think it is more stable than 725? Any other changes/additions/tweaks you have come across in either build?

I am really hoping we get a leak that includes the TellMe voice software that will read txt messages to you and let you dictate messages, among other things.

728 is definitely more stable than 725, which I felt was a step back from 21234.

Couldnt say on 731. I have cooked it, but havent released it yet. Still running tests.

You'll see it crop up here on the forum soon, once I get the SYS and XIP to the chefs.

Edited by Adrynalyne

Guest disciplined
Build 21731 has been leaked.

Hey Wozzer thanks for everything. It puts a smile on my face to know that there is someone who enjoys helping people for nothing in return.

I had a question on your plan for the recent builds (21725 and 21731). I am currently on a previous build (0.04) and am wondering if I should wait for a newer release or just go ahead with v.05? I don't mean to rush you, I was just wondering if you were already planning on releasing a new build sometime soon.

Thanks again!

D.

Edited by disciplined

Guest dmcnado
here you go

Thanks! I installed this cab. How do I activate it? I don't see it in Programs or Settings, but it does show up in Remove Programs.