--

Guest WoZZeR999

Guest amprof

I'm curious about this too. Would like to take my phone back to the original CC20 ROM. It seems like there should be a way to do so without reflashing the CC20 ROM image. So how 'bout a little help? How do we remove the PDA portion of a custom ROM and leave just the core CC20 ROM in tact?

Thanks everyone!

Ok. I'm gonna try to explain this in a way that makes sense...

I originally flashed to CC20 and then to Wozzer's beautiful ROM. But, for reasons I don't want to get into, I need to flash back to just plain old CC20. But I'm not exactly clear on how to do it.

When I flashed to Wozzer's ROM I opened UDML and then clicked the PDA button to load the bin file. Nothing else loaded in UDML and the flash to Wozzer's worked just fine (see image directly below ).

pda.jpg

But here's my question: When flashing back to CC20 I know I'm supposed to follow the same process as the first time, except that after loading the img file, I can click the "EBOOT" and "CSC" buttons to clear those fields out, right? Except that the img file is still loaded in the "PHONE" and "UNIFIED IMAGE FILE" fields (see pic below with the two red circles highlighting the two fields I'm talking about). These two fields are not normally filled in when flashing to a cooked ROM like in the picture above.

UIF.jpg

So when flashing back to CC20, should I leave the "PHONE" and "UNIFIED IMAGE FILE" fields filled in?... Or should I clear them. I need to know so that I don't do something bad and brick the phone

Thanks

Guest Draconius
Wozzer,

Several of us using your V.05 ROM have been having issues with text messages freezing and completely locking up the phone.

Here's the original post from a different thread:

"Since installing Wozzer's v.05 ROM, about 50% of the time when I go to read an unread text message (in SPB Mobile Shell 3) I can open the message just fine, but when I try to "X" out of the message, my phone freezes up anywhere from 20 seconds to several minutes. It's in complete lock and all I can do is either wait or soft reset. The other 50% of the time it works just fine. I've tried all sorts of variables and can't seem to pin down the cause.

I thought the problem might be a RAM issue so I disabled most of the panels on Titanium (only using 5 panels right now) but that only cleaned up about 2 megs of RAM and hasn't fixed the problem. I know the problem isn't other open programs because this can happen right after a clean boot-up

Anyone have a solution for this??"

Several users have reported this using SPB Mobile Shell, M2D, and no shell at all, at which point we decided to move the discussion to this thread.

Do you have any suggestions or help for us?

I too have this issue. I also get it with MMS. Then when I soft reset the message doesn't come through so I have to guess who sent it and ask for a resend...ugh.

Happens probably 20% of the time.

Guest biff6789
I too have this issue. I also get it with MMS. Then when I soft reset the message doesn't come through so I have to guess who sent it and ask for a resend...ugh.

Happens probably 20% of the time.

Here's the fix (hopefully):

This tends to happen to people who save ALL of their text messages (or keep a long running history of messages for weeks or months on end)

The fix? Delete 'em. Users who have had this problem, me included, deleted all text messages and the freezing problems stopped. As long as you only keep a few hundred messages at most, then you should avoid the problem from here on out.

If you're totally anal and don't want to delete your messages for some reason, use PIM Backup (it's free) to backup all your text messages before you delete. Then you can restore them if you ever need 'em.

Guest Greg4376

Hi im pretty new at this and i am having some trouble with the lock feature in the stock v5. I set up a password to use after you do the slide and that works fine but when i tried to sync with my computer the first time after flashing to the 6.5 rom it says "your device is currently locked. To connect to or synchronize with this pc, please authenticate on your device." the phone has the key pad pop up but when i enter my password it doest do anything and the unlock softkey is not there. When i go to settings/lock the same thing happens and i cant change my password or turn the lock off. Again there are the soft key numbers but no unlock button, only backspace and the X. It will still allow emergency calls in both situations. Once i click the lock under settings the phone will not let me exit. The numbers will work but it freezes and wont let me out. I have to do a soft rest to get out of the lock screen. Please help

Guest MrCapcom
Here's the fix (hopefully):

This tends to happen to people who save ALL of their text messages (or keep a long running history of messages for weeks or months on end)

The fix? Delete 'em. Users who have had this problem, me included, deleted all text messages and the freezing problems stopped. As long as you only keep a few hundred messages at most, then you should avoid the problem from here on out.

If you're totally anal and don't want to delete your messages for some reason, use PIM Backup (it's free) to backup all your text messages before you delete. Then you can restore them if you ever need 'em.

2 cents on deleting u can always sign up for microsofts myphone and u can read ur old txt on the web and also archive them online so they aren't on ur phone.

When I was running Wozzers Rom and had MMS or SMS problems I just *228 1 then reset then *228 2 and reset and it worked fine shouldnt have to do it again until ur next flash which is like every 2-3 days for me lol

Guest cuzzinz

is it just me or is woozers v.5 the worst one yet. It has a lot of functional appz but boy are there problems...

Titanium Weather (isnt his fault)

SMS problem.

Seems to lock up a lot.

Opera has problems launching downloaded files.

Thats just a list of problems im having after about 2 hours...

Edited by cuzzinz

Guest tampaboy1984

NOBODY SHOULD BASH THESE COOKS OR THERE ROMS JUST GIVE THEM YOUR FEEDBACK ON WHATS HAPPENING WITH PICS, VIDEOS, AND AS GOOD A DESCRIPTION AS YOU CAN ABOUT WHAT YOU DID AND WHAT HAPPENED AND I'M SURE THEY'LL GLADLY FIX WHAT IS WRONG FOR YOU. THEY DO NOT HAVE TO RELEASE THESE ROMS FOR PUBLIC USE SO EVERYBODY SHOULD BE HAPPY WITH WHAT THERE DOING. GIVE THEM SOME TIME TO RESPOND TO PROBLEMS THAT HAVE ALREADY BEEN POSTED TOO. THESE ARE NO WAY FINAL BUILDS YET EITHER SO EXPECT MANY BUGS AND GLITCHES TILL A "FINAL BUILD" IS POSTED.

YOU COOKS ARE DOING GREAT WORK!!

THANK YOU

WOZZER, BLAZINGWOLF, Adryn and last but not least BGA7x

Edited by tampaboy1984

Guest cuzzinz

tampaboy1984

I am very happy with what Wozzer has been doing and if I wanted to bash him I would have actually talked crap and said something rude to wozzer.

I was just stating that it was the worst of all of em and you clearly misinterpreted that as BASHING.

I even noted that one of the problems was not his fault and I understand that he cant fix everything... I was simply making a statement of my problems ...more so to see if anyone else had experienced them and secondly to make wozzer aware. I understand also that he is doing this out of the kindness of his heart and that he doesnt have time to go and fix everyones problems.

I usually dont have time to post a ticket in manits for each problem and I almost always figure the problem out on my own.

I do agree that all these find Chefs are doing a wonderful job and I cant wait for wozzer to release a final build... which will probably be never cause there is always something new LOL... :-D

Thanks Wozzer!

P.S. Anyone having problems with Titanium weather i have a fix:

- uninstall Titaniumweather from within the app.

- Disable it in chrome

- remove it from chrome

- soft reset

- download and install Titaniumweather 4.2 from by Showaco

- Download the Zipped fix from HERE

- Copy the file in the zip to Device/program files/TitaniumWeather (overwrite the existing file)

- Run full update on titaniumWeather

- PRESTO

DISCLAIMER: this was tested on a Omnia i910 with a clean install of wozzer's 6.5 rom so I cant guarantee you that this will work or that it may or may not break something else.

Edited by cuzzinz

Guest dmcnado
is it just me or is woozers v.5 the worst one yet. It has a lot of functional appz but boy are there problems...

Titanium Weather (isnt his fault)

SMS problem.

Seems to lock up a lot.

Opera has problems launching downloaded files.

Thats just a list of problems im having after about 2 hours...

All the cooked roms have pros & cons. Just a matter of finding which one suits your needs/personality the best. I have flashed all of them at one time or another and I'm sure I will flash again before too long! These guys are cooking their roms in accordance with (mostly) their own needs/wants and have kindly opted to share their work with us. I, for one, really appreciate their largess. I would have axed the Omnia by now if it weren't for their roms! Each time I flash it's like getting a new phone! As far as Wozzer's roms are concerned, I ran his for over 5 weeks (the longest of all of them) and had very few issues/problems. Try reading the other roms/cooks threads and you'll see that they have issues, too.

Guest rndchef

I have successfully flashed up to WM6.5 Stock thanks to everyone's input on this site & WoZZer of course. I am running SPB3 and S2U2 as well. I am wondering if I am getting the benes from this flash with SPB3 or should I have flashed M2D or Lite instead. Any opinions on this? I've got the GPS working fine and have only seen one issue pop up, I think.

When I open the new IE, it disappears immediately off screen so I have to hit it again to see it. It is uploading fine. Anyone else see this happening?

Thanks WoZZer for your culinary prowess

Guest rubadub234
NOBODY SHOULD BASH THESE COOKS OR THERE ROMS JUST GIVE THEM YOUR FEEDBACK ON WHATS HAPPENING WITH PICS, VIDEOS, AND AS GOOD A DESCRIPTION AS YOU CAN ABOUT WHAT YOU DID AND WHAT HAPPENED AND I'M SURE THEY'LL GLADLY FIX WHAT IS WRONG FOR YOU. THEY DO NOT HAVE TO RELEASE THESE ROMS FOR PUBLIC USE SO EVERYBODY SHOULD BE HAPPY WITH WHAT THERE DOING. GIVE THEM SOME TIME TO RESPOND TO PROBLEMS THAT HAVE ALREADY BEEN POSTED TOO. THESE ARE NO WAY FINAL BUILDS YET EITHER SO EXPECT MANY BUGS AND GLITCHES TILL A "FINAL BUILD" IS POSTED.

YOU COOKS ARE DOING GREAT WORK!!

THANK YOU

WOZZER, BLAZINGWOLF, and last but not least BGA7x

Dont forget Adrynalyne - the man is an animal! :D

Guest MikeDaGeek
I do agree that all these find Chefs are doing a wonderful job and I cant wait for wozzer to release a final build... which will probably be never cause there is always something new LOL... :-D

Thanks Wozzer!

- Disable it in chrome

- remove it from chrome

- soft reset

- Copy the file in the zip to Device/program files/TitaniumWeather (overwrite the existing file)

- PRESTO

DISCLAIMER: this was tested on a Omnia i910 with a clean install of wozzer's 6.5 rom so I cant guarantee you that this will work or that it may or may not break something else.

AGREED this is a viable fix to the TitaniumWeather issue in Wozz's ROM's ... worked for me on the MD2 6.5 v.05 ROM

I had a few hiccups along the way and it took a few tries but I have icons and current weather ... not getting radar info ... wasn't looking for it so ... ohhh well

Guest dmcnado
AGREED this is a viable fix to the TitaniumWeather issue in Wozz's ROM's ... worked for me on the MD2 6.5 v.05 ROM

I had a few hiccups along the way and it took a few tries but I have icons and current weather ... not getting radar info ... wasn't looking for it so ... ohhh well

To get the radar info, you need to set it up and add the url. I tried it once and got it working, but I don't use it.

Guest biff6789
To get the radar info, you need to set it up and add the url. I tried it once and got it working, but I don't use it.

How did you do this?

Guest cuzzinz

I have been using wozzers rom since the day of release and v.1

I have flashed to v.2 and then to v.3

I was using my phone for work A LOT and things have been insanely busy so I havent had a chance to flash over. I just recently flashed over to v.5 and now that I have dotted all my (eyes) and crossed all my (tees) I have got it up and running that way i had v.3 for at least 3 weeks.

The only problem I have had with v.5 even from a clean install is that sometimes Opera hangs when downloading and doesn't finish and corrupts the download. I have to restart the download...sometimes a few times... but other than that the rom is clean.

Thank you Wozzer! i cant wait for v.6 or even a final release. Wish I had more time to research and post on here... Maybe this week when I get home...school, work, home, a wife... its a lot to take care of lol...

Guest Adrynalyne

WM 6.5 has already made a 'final' release. This stuff you keep seeing is for OEMs. Some is better, some is not. RTM build is 21234.

21234 was a great release, but has some minor annoyances (lock screen notifications especially)

21725--not so hot. Its not bad, but there are much better builds out there. Off the top of my head, I would say that 21728, and 21806 are two of the best builds to date. 21731 was horrible. 21812 isnt bad either, but the other two are my favorite for stability, battery life, and performance.

Edited by Adrynalyne

Guest dmcnado
How did you do this?

To get the radar info, first go to the titanium weather panel on the Today screen, swipe over to the Radar piece and activate by clicking on it. On the next screen, click & hold. You will then see a menu (see screenshot sshot000). Click on "Edit URLs" and at the next screen choose "Add New URL." Then, add the URL and click on "Save New URL" (see screenshot sshot001). After you refresh (soft reset too), you will be able to see the radar image (see screenshot sshot002). I got all this info from the XDA-developers website. The following post was very helpful w/ the actual URL: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread...379&page=87

sshot000.bmp

sshot001.bmp

sshot002.bmp

Guest biff6789
To get the radar info, first go to the titanium weather panel on the Today screen, swipe over to the Radar piece and activate by clicking on it. On the next screen, click & hold. You will then see a menu (see screenshot sshot000). Click on "Edit URLs" and at the next screen choose "Add New URL." Then, add the URL and click on "Save New URL" (see screenshot sshot001). After you refresh (soft reset too), you will be able to see the radar image (see screenshot sshot002). I got all this info from the XDA-developers website. The following post was very helpful w/ the actual URL: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread...379&page=87

Perfect fix. Thanks!

To anyone else wanting to do this, the full URL is:

http: //www. accuweather.com/m/US/wigs.axd?city=Crawford&state=TX&w=480&h=640&type=_SIR&geoWidth=100 (with NO SPACES in the URL - I only put those in there because Modaco's message system recognized it as a link and was shortening it)

Just change "Crawford" to your city and "TX" to your state. As far as I can tell, changing the width and height in the string do nothing (I had it set to both 240x400 and 480x640 and nothing changed between the two). Also, changing the 100 at the end will set how many miles the screen is zoomed in or out. Head over to the XDA link above if you need more info

Thanks DMC!

PS - To those running Wozzer's ROM, you'll have to follow the steps in post 2408 in this thread first before you'll be able to do this

Edited by biff6789

Guest cuzzinz

Ok does anyone else have the following two problems:

When taking a picture clicking and clicking the send to mms button... the phone fails to resize the image... (work around is to go into Media Album and do the same from there.

2nd would be the same problem i mentioned before... which is when i download files with opera i find that the download times out and gets corrupted. After a few tries i find that it works...

Ill try and post these on mantis later.

Guest talkshowhost
just flashed his 6.5 M2D ROM and loving it. :D

I didnt know Adrynalyne had a 6.5 M2D ROM. How does it compare to Wozzers? I found the thread on the other site with the ROM, but there are almost 300 pages to go through. what can you tell me about it and how they compare? do the same bugs exist?

Edited by talkshowhost

Guest ripcurl2230
tampaboy1984

I am very happy with what Wozzer has been doing and if I wanted to bash him I would have actually talked crap and said something rude to wozzer.

I was just stating that it was the worst of all of em and you clearly misinterpreted that as BASHING.

I even noted that one of the problems was not his fault and I understand that he cant fix everything... I was simply making a statement of my problems ...more so to see if anyone else had experienced them and secondly to make wozzer aware. I understand also that he is doing this out of the kindness of his heart and that he doesnt have time to go and fix everyones problems.

I usually dont have time to post a ticket in manits for each problem and I almost always figure the problem out on my own.

Thanks Wozzer!

- Disable it in chrome

- remove it from chrome

- soft reset

- PRESTO

I am having trouble finding where titanium weather is in file explorer in order to uninstall it. Where is it located?

Guest cuzzinz
I am having trouble finding where titanium weather is in file explorer in order to uninstall it. Where is it located?

It isnt in explorer... and if you have wozzer's newer roms like v.5 you dont even have it in Program files (which is the problem) lol.

So go to the TitaniumWeather tab in Chrome and click menu soft key.

I believe uninstall is the option at the very bottom. It tells you to remove it from Remove programs but dont do that cause it isnt there. Just soft reset... and then go through the rest of my process from my original post.

GL!

Guest Eschelon
Ok does anyone else have the following two problems:

When taking a picture clicking and clicking the send to mms button... the phone fails to resize the image... (work around is to go into Media Album and do the same from there.

2nd would be the same problem i mentioned before... which is when i download files with opera i find that the download times out and gets corrupted. After a few tries i find that it works...

Ill try and post these on mantis later.

Are you running Opera 9.5?... or 9.7 Beta?

Guest Adrynalyne
I didnt know Adrynalyne had a 6.5 M2D ROM. How does it compare to Wozzers? I found the thread on the other site with the ROM, but there are almost 300 pages to go through. what can you tell me about it and how they compare? do the same bugs exist?

I eat bugs for lunch. Seriously. I like the black and slimy ones.

Which bugs would you be referring to?