--

Guest WoZZeR999

Guest benj_k

Messaging Pops Up every time the system sends/receives whether there's new mail or not.

Noob here. Apologies if this is a dumb one. And just in case it is, I'm posting here first before entering anything in WoZZeR's bug tracker.

Running his v.5 lite with SPB MS 3 on top.

Whenever email sends/receives, the messaging window pops up and has to be closed out in order to return to whatever the current task was.

This happens whether there's new mail or not.

I am NOT running any kind of push email or 3rd party mail client.

I've searched like a mad dog both here and over at XDA-Dev's site. Only 1 mention over there of a similar problem, and it was ROM-specific which is why I'm posting here.

This is a really annoying problem since the result is constant disruptions to texting, browsing, navigation etc...

Anyone seen anything like this before?

Thanks!

Guest kogorman

OK - total noob here! I am getting ready to jump out of my comfort zone and into my geek zone by daring to install Wozzers rom. I want to make sure that I am doing everything properly though - in order not to brick.... I believe the steps should be:

1) update to new cc20 firmware

2) turn on GPS

3) soft reset

4) *228 to reprogram phone - is that a necessary step or just one in case???

5) Install Wozzers update

6) PLAY!!!

Am I missing anything? Also - total stupid question here, I can still use Verizon as normal right???

Guest dmcnado
OK - total noob here! I am getting ready to jump out of my comfort zone and into my geek zone by daring to install Wozzers rom. I want to make sure that I am doing everything properly though - in order not to brick.... I believe the steps should be:

1) update to new cc20 firmware

2) turn on GPS

3) soft reset

4) *228 to reprogram phone - is that a necessary step or just one in case???

5) Install Wozzers update

6) PLAY!!!

Am I missing anything? Also - total stupid question here, I can still use Verizon as normal right???

Make sure you follow all the installation directions for (1) the cc20 rom and (2) Wozzer's rom carefully. They are at the beginning of the rom posting, and also there are whole threads devoted to installation. You can skip #2 and #4 on your list if you want, but they won't hurt anything. You'll want to soft reset after installing Wozzer's rom and, yes, you still use Verizon as normal (except you won't need the VZN Navigator).

Edited by dmcnado

Guest kogorman
Make sure you follow all the installation directions for (1) the cc20 rom and (2) Wozzer's rom carefully. They are at the beginning of the rom posting, and also there are whole threads devoted to installation. You can skip #2 and #4 on your list if you want, but they won't hurt anything. You'll want to soft reset after installing Wozzer's rom and, yes, you still use Verizon as normal (except you won't need the VZN Navigator).

Got it all installed - and now I am on step 6 PLAY!!! This is great! Can't believe I was so nervous about flashing - it was a piece of cake!

Guest ichibanescobar
no noob questions everyone starts out at some point

make a copy of your HTCHomeSettings.xml in your \Windows folder then open it in a text editor. search for the text <Property name="IDWEWG_WEATHER_POS" id="17"

then change the value numbers accordingly.

you could try downloading that xml that I posted in my previous post. but i'd suggest backing up your current xml anyways. if you dont want the analogue clock at all you can disable it in m2dc on the home xml tab.

thanks a lot, im happy now :D cuz now it looks good.

Guest bigbarrel
Sorry, I've been extremely busy lately. I plan to get some more WM6.5 work done today, and I will read through the many pages that I missed. I just wanted you all to know that I'm still here, just very busy.

Can you please help me with my post on not being able to send Gmail's using IMAP? Microsoft issued a hotfix for this problem on WinMo 6.1 but after I flashed your 6.5 the problem is back. I can get my emails on my Omnia but I can't send emails. Thank you.

Guest Adrynalyne

He made that statement over two weeks ago.

Don't expect a response any time soon.

That said, I have never needed any hotfix on my 6.1, or 6.5 roms to send email via IMAP with Gmail.

Guest saruutskushii

hey did wozzer fall off the face of the earth.. I'm thinking of flashing blazin's rom.. but I don't like all the things missing out of it.. wish wozzer had a new updated rom.. sad.. maybe I'll try to make my own when I never have time..

Guest dcichoracki

I've followed this thread pretty well but haven't found anything to help me out, so I have 2 questions.

1: Has anyone else noticed a correlation between the amount of time it takes for a GPS lock and the rate it discharges the battery?

It seems that the longer it takes to lock the GPS the faster the battery drains.

2: Does anyone else have issues with finger scrolling vs copy/paste?

I can't copy/paste in text messages or emails any more, it assumes that every screen press is to relocate the cursor and then scroll. Is there a fix for this?

I'm using v.05 M2D.

Guest tmpellegrino

WoZZer, love the new ROM. Been rocking lite for about a week now no problems! And I'm a real first timer. Anyway, where can I find my old ringtone "classic bell" ? I've searched but haven't been able to find it anywhere. And what about my old theme, "windows default". Is there a way to copy that from my friend's stock Omnia?

thanks!

Guest doitall76
Messaging Pops Up every time the system sends/receives whether there's new mail or not.

Noob here. Apologies if this is a dumb one. And just in case it is, I'm posting here first before entering anything in WoZZeR's bug tracker.

Running his v.5 lite with SPB MS 3 on top.

Whenever email sends/receives, the messaging window pops up and has to be closed out in order to return to whatever the current task was.

This happens whether there's new mail or not.

I am NOT running any kind of push email or 3rd party mail client.

I've searched like a mad dog both here and over at XDA-Dev's site. Only 1 mention over there of a similar problem, and it was ROM-specific which is why I'm posting here.

This is a really annoying problem since the result is constant disruptions to texting, browsing, navigation etc...

Anyone seen anything like this before?

Thanks!

I have run into this issue as well. I will be on another application and all of a sudden the Messaging screen will pop up.

I also have an issue downloading pdf files through the email. It will show that they have been downloaded, and I click on it to open it, and the phone says "The attachment cannot be found. Download this attachment again Yes/No."

Thanks

Doitall76

Guest dmcnado
WoZZer, love the new ROM. Been rocking lite for about a week now no problems! And I'm a real first timer. Anyway, where can I find my old ringtone "classic bell" ? I've searched but haven't been able to find it anywhere. And what about my old theme, "windows default". Is there a way to copy that from my friend's stock Omnia?

thanks!

Here's the Classic Bell ringtone for you!

Classic_Bell_.mp3

Guest rndchef

I have been using the Stock Rom for a couple weeks and all is well. Except with my wife cause she is tired of me tinkering with my phone. However, I want to get rid of the bloatware. Is the Lite Rom that much faster than the Stock Rom?

What is the best way to switch from Wozzer's Stock Rom to the Lite Rom? Do I just reflash with the Lite Rom or do I need to Hard Reset before flashing the Lite Rom? Will this wipe out my downloaded programs and setting? Should I SPB Backup first or just reload everything afterwards?

Thanks in advance.

Verizon Omnia

SPB MS 3.0

S2U2

Guest dmcnado
I have been using the Stock Rom for a couple weeks and all is well. Except with my wife cause she is tired of me tinkering with my phone. However, I want to get rid of the bloatware. Is the Lite Rom that much faster than the Stock Rom?

What is the best way to switch from Wozzer's Stock Rom to the Lite Rom? Do I just reflash with the Lite Rom or do I need to Hard Reset before flashing the Lite Rom? Will this wipe out my downloaded programs and setting? Should I SPB Backup first or just reload everything afterwards?

Thanks in advance.

Verizon Omnia

SPB MS 3.0

S2U2

You will like the LITE rom a lot because the bloatware is gone! Gives you lots of added memory and space. I have been running Wozzer's Lite roms, from v2 through v5. You just need to reflash w/ the Lite rom, and no need to hard reset. However, this will wipe out any apps that you have added and they will have to be reloaded. You also lose your registry tweaks, etc. Do run SPB Backup before you reflash. Then after you reflash, you can either (1) restore via SPB Backup (there is an after rom change option) that should get you most of the way there, OR, (2) do a custom restore (just your PIM stuff) and reload the apps manually. Most of the time you get a better result w/ option #2.

Third option is to use Sashimi automate your cab installations. It's a good idea if you're going to be reflashing a lot. I tried it for the first time just recently and it got me 70% to 80% there. It is kinda difficult to set up, but once you have it done right (key word), it should save A LOT of time. You can find Sashimi at: http://www.winmo-experts.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4

Guest thetwiztidfreak

Any word on a version 6? i feel like its time for me to update but im lazy, still running V3 of the lite and dont want to update and get everything tweaked the way i like it to get a new version in a day or two.

Thx for all the hard work Wozzer love the roms!

Guest rndchef
You will like the LITE rom a lot because the bloatware is gone! Gives you lots of added memory and space. I have been running Wozzer's Lite roms, from v2 through v5. You just need to reflash w/ the Lite rom, and no need to hard reset. However, this will wipe out any apps that you have added and they will have to be reloaded. You also lose your registry tweaks, etc. Do run SPB Backup before you reflash. Then after you reflash, you can either (1) restore via SPB Backup (there is an after rom change option) that should get you most of the way there, OR, (2) do a custom restore (just your PIM stuff) and reload the apps manually. Most of the time you get a better result w/ option #2.

Third option is to use Sashimi automate your cab installations. It's a good idea if you're going to be reflashing a lot. I tried it for the first time just recently and it got me 70% to 80% there. It is kinda difficult to set up, but once you have it done right (key word), it should save A LOT of time. You can find Sashimi at: http://www.winmo-experts.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4

Just flashed and Sweet! I am supposed to be working but hey, I don't mind getting paid to flash. Thanks for the help.

Guest Adrynalyne
Any word on a version 6? i feel like its time for me to update but im lazy, still running V3 of the lite and dont want to update and get everything tweaked the way i like it to get a new version in a day or two.

Thx for all the hard work Wozzer love the roms!

It would appear Wozzer has retired.

I wouldnt expect v 6 any time soon, but who knows.

Guest Rob V
Does anyone else have issues with finger scrolling vs copy/paste?

I can't copy/paste in text messages or emails any more, it assumes that every screen press is to relocate the cursor and then scroll. Is there a fix for this?

If you want to copy text from an email that you're currently reading, simply click anywhere in the message body and hold until the context menu appears. The default choice is "Make Selection" - which lets you select text rather than scroll. After selecting the desired text, click and hold again, then select 'Copy'.

Pasting is similar - click and hold; then press 'Paste'.

Guest dcichoracki
If you want to copy text from an email that you're currently reading, simply click anywhere in the message body and hold until the context menu appears. The default choice is "Make Selection" - which lets you select text rather than scroll. After selecting the desired text, click and hold again, then select 'Copy'.

Pasting is similar - click and hold; then press 'Paste'.

Yeah, I had been doing that & it was working for some time, but in the past few days it seems to have stopped working.

I looked through the registry for anything I may have inadvertently changed, but found nothing.

I think I'm going to reflash tonight, I was waiting for a new version, but I can just reflash to v.05. I'm also looking at the ROMs from other 6.5 cooks, but I don't know which one I would prefer to try...I really like this one but maybe this is a sign to try something new.

Guest Joshua (Omnia i910)

I replaced the text as described about using a registry editor and soft reset the phone. The Google Maps widget on the TouchFlo still does nothing after I click the buttons. Any other suggestions?

Guest Rob V
I'm also looking at the ROMs from other 6.5 cooks, but I don't know which one I would prefer to try...I really like this one but maybe this is a sign to try something new.

FWIW, I've used WoZZeR's ROMs since his first 6.5 version, but am currently running the latest "lite" 6.5 ROM from Adrynalyne and like it very much. A few differences on which programs are included/removed, but overall it's pretty easy to migrate and I find that it works very well. In particular, I'd been having trouble with the phone freezing up when it was locked; I haven't had this problem with Adrynalyne's ROM. Obviously, YMMV...

Guest bigbarrel
He made that statement over two weeks ago.

Don't expect a response any time soon.

That said, I have never needed any hotfix on my 6.1, or 6.5 roms to send email via IMAP with Gmail.

Great, but since I have this problem and the rest of the world needed a hotfix from Microsoft for WinMo 6.1, how do I solve it?

Guest Adrynalyne
Great, but since I have this problem and the rest of the world needed a hotfix from Microsoft for WinMo 6.1, how do I solve it?

It works fine on my 6.1 rom.

Wonder why you aren't getting responses on how to fix it?

Because people arent having the problem.

Guest mosb3rg

Hey i went into advanced settings, and i turned on the GPS, and than soft rebooted. Now when i power up the phone it gives me a general error for googlemaps, and i have to click ok to continue, also i cannot notice the GPS functioning in google maps i did what i believe is the customary things to get it working, if anyone wouldnt mind pointing me to the exact directions to get the GPS working, that was the main reason i updated to 6.1 modded, than to 6.5 wowzers. Thanks in advance for any information, this is a great forum i just found it recently when i got my omni, theres honestly no better spot on the net to find stuff for this phone right now.

mosb3rg

Guest blazingwolf
Hey i went into advanced settings, and i turned on the GPS, and than soft rebooted. Now when i power up the phone it gives me a general error for googlemaps, and i have to click ok to continue, also i cannot notice the GPS functioning in google maps i did what i believe is the customary things to get it working, if anyone wouldnt mind pointing me to the exact directions to get the GPS working, that was the main reason i updated to 6.1 modded, than to 6.5 wowzers. Thanks in advance for any information, this is a great forum i just found it recently when i got my omni, theres honestly no better spot on the net to find stuff for this phone right now.

mosb3rg

Did you turn location to on? Start/Settings/Personal/Phone/Services tab. High light GPS and tap on advanced settings. Now tap on "On" and Ok back to the today screen.

Then go outside and wait 10 to 15 minutes after turning Googlemaps on.