Start HERE Before Flashing a cooked ROM (Verizon i910)

Guest necosino

Guest abadpun

hey i do believe my lil brother hid my cd that came with the phone, but im pretty sure that i downloaded the drivers etc before he got a hold of it.  I can access my phone via activesync and usb storage from my computer, does that mean the drivers are installed? 

Guest necosino
hey i do believe my lil brother hid my cd that came with the phone, but im pretty sure that i downloaded the drivers etc before he got a hold of it. I can access my phone via activesync and usb storage from my computer, does that mean the drivers are installed?

Yup. :)

Thank you, I have successfully flashed my phone, works great. Thank you!

Now going to flash it with Wozzer's Winmo 6.5 rom.

Edit: Yay! Got winmo 6.5 rom flashed successfully! yea!

Any idea where i can download WM6.5 for my Omnia?

Guest necosino
Any idea where i can download WM6.5 for my Omnia?

Look below this post at all the "Custom 6.5 ROMs"

They are all using 6.5 (As long as they say 6.5 build 23###). See post #2 in this thread for how to flash one of their/my .bin images :)

Some examples are Mr Capcom's ROM, BlazingWolf's ROM, Techmaster's ROM, and my own ROM :( (there are others too, sorry for being too lazy to poll the list and getting every one)

Guest lorenzoharvey757
In order to use any of the custom ROMs available right now for the i910 (BlazingWolf, Adryn, etc), you will need to flash the CF03 Verizon update ROM first, since they are all built off it.

READ THE ENTIRE POST BEFORE STARTING!

First thing, check to see if you already have the CF03 ROM, since most of the newer i910s being shipped out (replacements, at this point) already have it! Start-Settings-System-Version. Look at ROM Version, if it says "S:i910.10 V.CF03" then you're all set to use a custom ROM (see post#2). Otherwise, read on...

There are two options to update to the CF03 Official Verizon ROM. The first, and recommended method, is to use Verizon's own update software.

For both methods, ensure that:

* You backup your contacts/calendar/SMS/emails using a third party backup utility, such as PIMBackup, or Activesync. If using a utility that saves a backup into a file, make sure that the file is stored in My Storage, or a storage card, or on your PC for safekeeping.

* Make sure that you are using a USB 2.0 or later USB port, and not connecting through a USB hub (plug the phone right into the computer).

* Make sure that your phone has at least a 50% battery charge (A full charge is your best bet, obvi).

Install the phone's drivers in XP:

* Insert the Verizon installation disk that came with your Omnia, and run through the driver installation.

* Plug in your phone (with it on) and ensure that your computer can see it.

* Unplug your phone.

Install the phone's drivers in Vista/Win7:

* Simply plug your Omnia in with it turned on. Windows will automatically download and install the drivers for you.

* Unplug your phone after the driver installation is completed.

Method 1: Verizon's update software

* Download the VZW update software here: http://sharebee.com/bd345218 (just choose a link and download)

* DO NOT PLUG IN YOUR PHONE YET!

* Run the .exe and follow it step by step, it's pretty fool proof and self-explantatory.

* Only plug in your phone when prompted to in the update process!

Method 2: Using UMDL NOTE: This method is really only recommended if for some reason Method 1 does not work for you.

* Download the Samsung UMDL software here.

* Download the CF03 .img from here. You must download part 1, 2 and 3, then use a program like winRAR to unzip them. Ignore the other two files.

* Follow the guide below:

And you're done! Now you can move on to custom ROMs built off the CF03 ROM!!!

If, after reading this post, you need help, or something goes wrong. You can message me on AIM or Yahoo. I'm almost always online (unless I'm with friends or sleeping, hehe)!

AIM: NecoTheTaru

Yahoo: NecoSino

And if this post helped you out, buy me a drink by clicking on the link in my signature (PayPal, Mastercard, and Visa accepted)! VVVVV

ok i downloaded everything you said download but what do i do with part 2 and 3

Guest necosino
ok i downloaded everything you said download but what do i do with part 2 and 3

Parts 1, 2, and 3 are basically one .zip file broken into 3 parts to make it faster to upload/download (Less chance of corruption/interruption)

Just use winRar (rarlabs.com/download) and open one of the three files. It will automatically combine the 3 files into the 1 .img image. Once you have the .img, you can delete all 3 of the zipped files :)

Guest lorenzoharvey757
Parts 1, 2, and 3 are basically one .zip file broken into 3 parts to make it faster to upload/download (Less chance of corruption/interruption)

Just use winRar (rarlabs.com/download) and open one of the three files. It will automatically combine the 3 files into the 1 .img image. Once you have the .img, you can delete all 3 of the zipped files :)

oh ok i still dont know how to combine those files together so i guess imma leave it alone because i dont wont to mess my phone up lol

Guest necosino

"Just use winRar (rarlabs.com/download) and open one of the three files. It will automatically combine the 3 files into the 1 .img image. Once you have the .img, you can delete all 3 of the zipped files"

Maybe you you're right :)

Guest lorenzoharvey757
"Just use winRar (rarlabs.com/download) and open one of the three files. It will automatically combine the 3 files into the 1 .img image. Once you have the .img, you can delete all 3 of the zipped files"

Maybe you you're right :)

oh ok so when u open winrar u just highlight all three files and click extract?

Guest lorenzoharvey757
Somewhere around there, yes. :)

aww thanks for the help man............ just one last ( ? ) what version of winmo 6.5 is thi thats in the 3 combined files

Guest necosino
aww thanks for the help man............ just one last ( ? ) what version of winmo 6.5 is thi thats in the 3 combined files

It's not. It's Verizon's official update, but still 6.1. To get to 6.5, you'll need to flash a custom ROM PDA image (see post #2 on how to do that) If you look in the i910 ROM section, right below this sticky you'll see a whole bunch of different custom 6.5 ROMs to try out, including my own! :)

Guest omnia77

Hi all ,

I am having some troubles updating my verizon samsung omnia , I downloaded the installer program from the website, but everytime, I run into this issue..

See image

problemhelp.png

i have tried restarting my phone and the proecss over and over, it always says that! how do i update my omnia so I can unlock the GPS feature in google maps? Thankyou

LINK TO SCREEN SHOT

http://img11.imageshack.us/i/problemhelp.png/

Guest necosino
Hi all ,

I am having some troubles updating my verizon samsung omnia , I downloaded the installer program from the website, but everytime, I run into this issue..

i have tried restarting my phone and the proecss over and over, it always says that! how do i update my omnia so I can unlock the GPS feature in google maps? Thankyou

Read the guide and, as stated, if you have issues with the verizon updater, use method #2 on the first post..

Guest omnia77

but i am not familiar with phones/programs or any of that editing altering of the system at all. I do not feel safe using Method # 2.

can anyone shed any light on my situation? I really want to update my omnia.

but i am not familiar with phones/programs or any of that editing altering of the system at all. I do not feel safe using Method # 2.

really want gps / google map to work?

...then you have to trust folks here - just read and follow the instructions as necosino have outlined and you can't go wrong...

Guest necosino

Before you start, read this:

First thing, check to see if you already have the CF03 ROM, since most of the newer i910s being shipped out (replacements, at this point) already have it! Start-Settings-System-Version. Look at ROM Version, if it says "S:i910.10 V.CF03" then you're all set to use a custom ROM (see post#2). Otherwise, read on...

If you already have the CF03 rom, your GPS is fully unlocked already! Just go to settings - Personal - Phone - Services - GPS - Location ON and soft reset.

Let me tell you, it's harder to break your omnia via flashing that you think :P (At one point I wanted to brick mine, and tried for 3 hours pulling the plug, using a bad image, etc, and it just wouldn't die!!!) Anyway, at the end of the post is my yahoo/AIM screen names, if you want, I can help you through it. I'm always on.. unless I'm not. :D (I think I'm the only one that openly gives out their own s/n's like that ;) )

Edited by necosino

Guest krongsak

Hello,

Some help from the experts would be appreciated.

I have been running various roms on my omnia with success for a while. Recently my phone displayed a warning indicating the storage space was critically low. I proceeded with deleting those files I thought were innocuous, IE5 cache, temp directory, etc. After the native winmo applications acted weird, email message loading would freeze but opera for instance would work fine. I know, dumb mistake.

I proceeded to do a hard reset, reflashed verizon Cf03 but always got the same results: flash completes successfully, I reboot the phone, animation start and...nothing, just a white screen. Several soft resets did not help.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Guest krongsak
Flash a custom ROM, you won't regret it! :D

The thing is I have also tried that and the result is exactly the same. Little animation that goes on forever and then white screen :P

Guest necosino

Very odd. This happens even when you flash the CF03 ROM? It sounds like the flash is just failing. You may need to try another USB port or a whole other computer.

Guest krongsak

I have both tried flashing CF03 with the verizon tool and other roms with the umdl tool. In each case the flash completes successfully, the phone reboots, I see whatever animation comes with the ROM and then nothing. The animation goes on until the device screen goes into power saving, or the equivalent, and when I press any key I get a white screen and that's it. Very strange indeed

Guest necosino
I have both tried flashing CF03 with the verizon tool and other roms with the umdl tool. In each case the flash completes successfully, the phone reboots, I see whatever animation comes with the ROM and then nothing. The animation goes on until the device screen goes into power saving, or the equivalent, and when I press any key I get a white screen and that's it. Very strange indeed

Have you tried hitting the soft reset button (next to the pwr button) and see if it works after a soft reset?

Guest krongsak
Have you tried hitting the soft reset button (next to the pwr button) and see if it works after a soft reset?

Sadly I must report that I have tried that too, several time. The result is always the same, loading animation and then white screen :D