Omnia Windows Mobile 6.5 Goodies

Guest sector

Guest cobrica
Can any one update me on whats the latest apps n stuff?

I like this too cause WMP really sux! HTC Audio Manager really rox..this fingerfriendly interface.. just love it <_<

Guest nixxss

hey guys, wondering if anyone can help.. i have changed the right soft link to my default samsung alarm interface, however how do i change the link when clicking on the actual time.. can't find in reg where to do this.

Guest monsterpt

Just wanted to give a shout out to sector and everyone else in this thread for awesome adds. With the titanuim, taskbar, fonts and WM 6.5 tweaks here this omnia is really smokin.

Guest Jumba

Hi, here are some icons to use with reSTART. <_<

ScreenShot2.png

Thanks to Jojo Mendoza, aka deleket for the originals, I just resized them down to 48x48. Included are 30 icons...

Now, any progress on changing the Today icon?

Icons.zip

Edited by Jumba

Guest ShiroMatt

Hi, Can someone make theme for me? I have idea, but i don't have experience to do it. It could be in japanese style;oriental . I have gorgeous icons for it :) My Windows Live Messenger: [email protected] <_<

Edited by ShiroMatt

Guest Jumba

Update. Just worked out the large icon layout. Mmm, these icons look much better now. Pity it distorts the other icons though, but those can also be replaced using reSTART, or installing an icon pack of some sort.

I didn't resize the selection image cos I reckon it looks good positioned lower than the icon - frames it better. <_<

ScreenShot1-1.png

Here's the .cpr file, enjoy.

StartMenu_GridScene_240x400_2.cpr.zip

Edited by Jumba

Guest vinbeaver
Update. Just worked out the large icon layout. Mmm, these icons look much better now. Pity it distorts the other icons though, but those can also be replaced using reSTART, or installing an icon pack of some sort.

I didn't resize the selection image cos I reckon it looks good positioned lower than the icon - frames it better. <_<

ScreenShot1-1.png

How did you change the Today icon?

Guest Jumba
How did you change the Today icon?

In the windows folder, replace the file called Start_Icon_Today.png - The original is 32x32 but a 48x48 seems to work fine too.

Guest vinbeaver
In the windows folder, replace the file called Start_Icon_Today.png - The original is 32x32 but a 48x48 seems to work fine too.

What do you use to resize your .png images. Are there any free programs for Windows PC's that can resize images for free?

Guest vinbeaver

Now how come when I resize the image, there is now a background? My image was of a house, and then after resizing there is a black background around it. Am I going to have to also edit it after resizing the remove the background as well. Seems a little tedious that's all.

Guest Jumba

You need to save the alpha (transparency) channel along with the png. There should be a setting somewhere for that. If that doesn't work maybe try paint.NET - I'm working on a mac here so I'm not too sure what other free PC apps there are.

Guest vinbeaver
You need to save the alpha (transparency) channel along with the png. There should be a setting somewhere for that. If that doesn't work maybe try paint.NET - I'm working on a mac here so I'm not too sure what other free PC apps there are.

Yeah... Can't get it to work with Irfanview. Thanks for the help though! <_<

Guest vinbeaver

You do not have to resize the image for the Today icon. The system automatically adjusts it, so there isn't a problem there as well as all other icons you use in reSTART do no need to be resized.

Guest Jumba
You do not have to resize the image for the Today icon. The system automatically adjusts it, so there isn't a problem there as well as all other icons you use in reSTART do no need to be resized.

Sure the system automatically adjusts them, but they end up looking blurry. Better to use the native res of the icons instead of having windows/reSTART scale them for you.

Guest WAIKIKI728

ScreenShot1-1.png

Where i have to put the .cpr files in omnia?¿?in windows directory?¿?

Guest Jumba
Where i have to put the .cpr files in omnia?¿?in windows directory?¿?

Yes. Using Total Commander or Resco Explorer, copy and paste the file into your windows directory, replacing the one that was there before. Make a backup of the original before doing this if you want to revert back.

Note: replacing the cpr files won't change the icons. For that, you'll need to use reSTART along with the icons you want in png format. <_< e.g. the ones in this post.

Edited by Jumba