May 11th Samsung ROM

Guest necosino

Guest Tim-H

Yes, Thank you AZ for leaking the CC20. Its awesome you did.

With that said, it doesn't look like people are jumping through the hoops you want them to to release the latest one. Everyone gave you the credit you wanted on the first one. If you don't want to release this one without people kissing your "rear" then don't release it.

Guest semmtexx

yeah, my little brother just got the i910. He's all anti cooked or leaked anything. "I'm waiting for the official because if I brick my phone I won't be able to collect on the replacement plan". I keep trying to convert him. Even showed him the 6.5 rom and he crapped himself but still stuck to his guns. I like to screw with him and show him my memory amounts.....hehe. Mad props to Wozzer and to tegra.

Guest ahoatam

Let me get this straight:

1. You want more credit because you leaked the ROM.

2. You don't want the ROM posted to other sites because you might get in trouble because you leaked the ROM.

Does anyone else see a conflict there?

Guest Foxgguy2001

I think the motive for release is a bit askew. Should be to help the omnians who are clammoring to unlock there crippled phones do so. There are hundreds of people here (like myself) eagerly waiting to do so, and here you have the ability to do so, but withhold simply for reasons previously mentioned... seems wrong to me.

Guest jaewon223
MAIN REASON I'M NOT RELEASING THE NEW ROM:

1: I POST IT HERE IT FLOOD THE INTERNET

2: I GET WAY WAY WAY TO MANY PM'S AND PEOPLE BEGGING ME AND IM'S FROM MEBERS

4: I'M DONE RISKING MY JOB AFTER ONE MEMBER POSTED IT ON ANOTHER FORUM WHICH MY MANAGER FOUND OUT ABOUT.

I APPRECIATE EVERYONE WHO ISN'T MAKING A BIG DEAL OVER ME NOT RELEASING IT AND EVERYONE WHO APPRECIATES THE ROM CC20 I POSTED. MONEY IS THE MATTER WHY I'M NOT POSTING IT I COULD CARE A LESS. MAYBE ONCE I SEE THE THREAD SETTLE DOWN AND PEOPLE STOP PUTTING ME ON BLAST COMPLAINING I HAVEN'T RELEASED IT MAYBE ILL PUT SOME THOUGHT INTO SHARING. AND THE NEW ROM IS THE LAST RELEASE FOR AN UPDATE I BELIEVE. I DON'T SEE ANY FURTHER POSTS ON SAMSUNG ABOUT ANY OTHER ROM AFTER THIS ONE. MAYBE THERE NO GOSSIP ON ANOTEHR ONE YET.

It's called CAPSLOCK. I was kind of on your side before this comment. Anyway thanks for the first release but if you're going to act like this I would rather you just keep the ROM to yourself. *edit (what was the third reason?)

Edited by jaewon223

Guest tedkord

Protecting one's job is all the reason I need to hear. No one should expect anyone to jeopardize his living for the sake of getting a firmware update a few weeks early. Actually, if we're going to get truly upset at anyone, it should be at VZW. For locking the GPS to crappy VZNav in the first place, and for taking so long to make good on their promise to unlock it. Could be worse, though. I could have bought a Storm, and still be waiting for even acknowledgement from Verizon that it's not up to par with the shipped firmware.

The rest of the Azintegra's rant (I want more praise/I want it lower key) doesn't matter. It reminded me immediately of when Jay Leno took over the Tonight show, and Johnny Carson had a cow because he didn't feel Jay thanked him enough on his first show. And the whole world thought, "Johnny Carson is a crybaby little c**t."

Edited by tedkord

Guest jxa4508

So if he's so risked about his job, who does Azintegra work for, Sammy or VZW? This whole thread wouldn't be alive if he didn't tell people what he has. "My manager found it on another thread," he's just digging himself a hole. I don't see this site "settling down" about WM6.5 anytime soon, which means I will wait for a VZW official update. Never once should someone be expected to put their job on the line just to leak a product soon, pretty sure that can be a confidentiality breach in most companies.

Guest madhtr13

Well, I was one who was going to wait simply because I didn't want flash to the cc20 and then turn around and have to flash again a week later. Now, however, I'm just going to do it. Then, if anything good comes out of the next release (whether from AZ or VZW) then I'll flash to that one. Are they going to ulock aGPS?

Any way, AZ, you have been integral to the i910 Roms, but if you didn't want everyone bothering you, you should have just released it under a psuedo account or found a friend to relase it. That way you'd get the praise vicariously through the other name, and your boss wouldn't have found out it was you. :D

Guest Steel Froggy

Someone's got to release/leak it at one point or another, so what's the big deal?

It's not going to make a difference if it's released right NOW as opposed to.. a week or so maybe?

Guest Foxgguy2001

Yeah... I too was waiting for the release today, but after it didn't come out, I finally took the plunge and flashed to WoZZer's rom.... I must say... it's like a brand new phone. I love it! The GPS functionality, and the new menu of WM6.5 is amazing! Seems better all around.

Guest swade8

Just a thought, If and or when the Official Release comes out, why am I being informed that the Omnias can only be flashed at VZW's Corporate Storefronts. Is this because they will have the option to void our phones at will if we do the flashing ourselves, or is it a way for them to realize how many of us Omnians really wanted the GPS function. Is there any reprocutions to flashing the phones ourselves besides the chances of "bricking" them ? Does anyone really know if the updates by doing the *228 will still be functional if we flash the Omnias ourselves ?

Guest Adrynalyne
Just a thought, If and or when the Official Release comes out, why am I being informed that the Omnias can only be flashed at VZW's Corporate Storefronts. Is this because they will have the option to void our phones at will if we do the flashing ourselves, or is it a way for them to realize how many of us Omnians really wanted the GPS function. Is there any reprocutions to flashing the phones ourselves besides the chances of "bricking" them ? Does anyone really know if the updates by doing the *228 will still be functional if we flash the Omnias ourselves ?

Not sure who your informers are, but they are quite wrong.

In fact, its unlikely Verizon will do the update for you, considering the size and time involved.

It will be available on Samsung's site, and you will need to do it yourself.

Guest Foster318

4: I'M DONE RISKING MY JOB AFTER ONE MEMBER POSTED IT ON ANOTHER FORUM WHICH MY MANAGER FOUND OUT ABOUT.

I APPRECIATE EVERYONE WHO ISN'T MAKING A BIG DEAL OVER ME NOT RELEASING IT AND EVERYONE WHO APPRECIATES THE ROM CC20 I POSTED. MONEY IS THE MATTER WHY I'M NOT POSTING IT I COULD CARE A LESS. MAYBE ONCE I SEE THE THREAD SETTLE DOWN AND PEOPLE STOP PUTTING ME ON BLAST COMPLAINING I HAVEN'T RELEASED IT MAYBE ILL PUT SOME THOUGHT INTO SHARING. AND THE NEW ROM IS THE LAST RELEASE FOR AN UPDATE I BELIEVE. I DON'T SEE ANY FURTHER POSTS ON SAMSUNG ABOUT ANY OTHER ROM AFTER THIS ONE. MAYBE THERE NO GOSSIP ON ANOTEHR ONE YET.

Why do you care so much? Thought you were going to a new job this month anyway. I appreciate your first release, but now your just being a power hungry jack a$$. You are not really putting any work into this like WoZZer and the other cookers are. All your doing it giving us access to something you have access too. It's no real hard work, or that big of a deal for your job as you stated from the last leak. You could have been appreciated by many again, but instead you wanna play god.

azintegra.png

Guest theidoctor.org
Why do you care so much? Thought you were going to a new job this month anyway. I appreciate your first release, but now your just being a power hungry jack a$. You are not really putting any work into this like WoZZer and the other cookers are. All your doing it giving us access to something you have access too. It's no real hard work, or that big of a deal for your job as you stated from the last leak. You could have been appreciated by many again, but instead you wanna play god.

i kinda agree... it really doesnt matter too much... samsung couldnt have put in anything else that we would want... maybe an apgs fix... but most people can deal with that until the final release comes out...

and posting it out to the public? Of course its gonna get around everywhere else!

Guest tedkord
Someone's got to release/leak it at one point or another, so what's the big deal?

It's not going to make a difference if it's released right NOW as opposed to.. a week or so maybe?

This is Verizon we're talking about. They don't deal in weeks, they deal in months. If it's not leaked, odds are we won't see it before fall at best. Just ask all the Storm owners who got all excited about the .141 firmware that was supposed to be official, then at the last moment got rejected by VZW. They've been waiting since launch for an official firmware with fixes for it's MANY flaws. If it weren't for leaked firmware builds, they'd have the same POS they bought initially.

Guest Steel Froggy
This is Verizon we're talking about. They don't deal in weeks, they deal in months. If it's not leaked, odds are we won't see it before fall at best. Just ask all the Storm owners who got all excited about the .141 firmware that was supposed to be official, then at the last moment got rejected by VZW. They've been waiting since launch for an official firmware with fixes for it's MANY flaws. If it weren't for leaked firmware builds, they'd have the same POS they bought initially.

..Touche.

Well then, he can't be the ONLY person who might consider leaking it. Maybe it won't get to MoDaCo, but it'll be leaked somewhere else for sure..

Eventually. =\

Guest reasonman

Join only to say, if you want to keep it, keep it. I don't see why anyone needs to suck off this guys clearly giant ego just to get something a bit earlier. As far as i'm concerned, at this point all the real credits go to the chefs out there. I won't ignore that the current state wouldn't be possible without the first leak, but it seems he's getting the credit he deserves, and if the reason for withholding is wanting more, that indicates a bit of an issue.

As an aside, this is a p. cool community and I think i'll stick around.

Guest dbol

I don't think Microsoft has received 1 donation yet for Windows 7, yet, its publicly available...

Much to their ado, they rarely get credit, especially after releasing Vista...

Could you imagine if the next version of Ubuntu was withheld because they felt they didn't get the credit they deserved? Outlandish.

Guest Egin Tollkuci

Just out of curiosity what does the new internal rom have that the current one doesnt? What is the big hype for? We have gps unlocked(thanks tegra) so what other benefits would a new rom have, what we really need is a final version of winmo 6.5 so it will have all the eye candy.

Edited by Egin Tollkuci

Guest Paul_Bunyan

Oh my...azintegra...In every one of your posts you sound like you're crap-faced drunk! And if you're not, then well, that's even a bigger problem. Yikes!

Anyway, you don't deserve a dime for what you did. You did no work whatsoever. You're just a tool.

Now stop pretending like you're owed something and let go of the new ROM so those here that actually DO deserve something for their hard work can make use of it.

:D

Guest Cixelyn

Oh come on guys, why so much negativity? Tegra deserves credit for being the guy who leaked us the original rom. Without him, none of the i910 work happening now could have occurred at all.

Guest Foster318
Oh come on guys, why so much negativity? Tegra deserves credit for being the guy who leaked us the original rom. Without him, none of the i910 work happening now could have occurred at all.

None of us ever took credit away from aztegra for leaking the first rom. We are all upset with his egotistical attitude that he owns the rom, and won't release it till we bow down to the great aztegra. As in my last post I expressed my appreciation for the original rom.

Edited by Foster318

Guest klinc
Just out of curiosity what does the new internal rom have that the current one doesnt? What is the big hype for? We have gps unlocked(thanks tegra) so what other benefits would a new rom have.

NEW ROM WILL BE AVAILABLE SOMETIME IN THE BEGINNING OF MAY. THERE IS NO EXACT POSTED DATE AS OF YET. IT JUST STATES IN NEW INFO BLOG NEW RELEASE EARLY MAY FOR VERIZON WIRELESS. AS SOON AS ITS AVAILABLE I WILL POST IT FOR EVERYONE.

FEW UPDATES IT SAID TO LOOK FORWARD TO ARE:

UPDATED GPS ABILITY AND FUNCTIONALITY

INCREASED CALL VOLUME

INCREASE FOR RINGER VOLUME

UPDATED BROWSER

INCREASED BATTERY LIFE

BETTER TOUCH FUNCTIONS.

THAT'S ALL THAT'S POSTED SO FAR. ILL KEEP YOU ALL UPDATED IF ANYTHING NEW IS POSTED.

I would like to see what they did to the GPS if anything(aGPS maybe), volume increases, and better battery life are the things I was looking forward to seeing.

If he doesn't ever leak it then no skin off my back. Alot was done with the first leak. People keep asking why we want it so bad and there is the list he posted on April 9th. Either way we all will have it officially/unofficially sooner or later.

Edited by klinc

Guest lioryte

1) YES. This is how this entire "internet" thing works.

2) YES. We love you

3) YES?

4) YES. I agree no need for you to risk yar life. after all, how many azintegra are there working for VZ/SM ?

Everyone appreciate your release. As a matter of fact, we started to build a golden statue of you holding a ROM looking into the future. This thread will take some time to settle down because this is an OPEN community. We share.

Guest Tim-H
As a matter of fact, we started to build a golden statue of you holding a ROM looking into the future.

DAMNIT! you were supposed to wait until it was finished to tell him! Now what kind of a suprise will it be?!?!