May 11th Samsung ROM

Guest necosino

Guest knotbeerdan

K so im trying to find this post i just read.... Too many sites. But someone said that 6.5 was released but not for the omnia so im wondering if the one he is holding on too just doesn't work for the omnia. I guess the one out is for the HTC - something but a part of it or most of it can be applied to the omnia. If someone has seen similar can you direct me?

Guest knotbeerdan

So i have to ask... When i try to check my version this is what i get

post-525510-1242248880_thumb.jpg

post-525510-1242248988_thumb.jpg

Edited by knotbeerdan

Guest Omega Ra
So i have to ask... When i try to check my version this is what i get

the one on the left is the windows version and the one on the right is the phone software version...what's the question...

Guest knotbeerdan
Was that a question or statement?

Well earlier you had said that 6.5 had not been released so how is it that is the version of windows i have? Just tryin to get the low down here not be a thorn in anyones ass.

Also, Wozzer has a newer build out.

Also i know he does i just don't want to have to set everything up again. Its far from how i got it.. When i do flash again i am going with the lite version i think and just have the windows titanium home screen

Guest knotbeerdan
"WM6.5 is due to drop or has.....officially. If it hasnt yet (as i dont really know exactly Wink) it will be soon.

I personally dont believe it will ever appear officially on an Omnia (the current ones we all own, i9**).

I dont think we will get the free update to it from our handsets.

When it is available, then it can be cooked into an Omnia ROM by chefs (me Smiley), i think that will be as official as we Omnians will get.

WM6.1 is more stable and reliable, fact. WM6.5 has nice features, but expect it not to work identically to WM6.1 (various things). But WM6.5 is very usable at the moment. 21222 is latest, but i using 21215 (no time for cooking).

Just keep a look out...i find it hard to find very reliable info about WM6.5, so if anyone has a good link then please post it Smiley"

I found it!!

Samsung-Omnia.org

Guest omniaK
This thread just needs to be deleted. To many kids that need to feel good about themselves saying dumb things.

agreed, I dont think anyone joins modaco for this stuff. We should be here to share ideas and encourage each other since we all are here for the same reason... to modify or learn about our badass phones :D

+1 for deleting this thread

Guest emaN resU

I agree that this thread should probably be deleted since there was no May 11th ROM release and no official release date announced. Also, to many kids that need to feel good about being pretentious!

+1 for why so serious!

Guest Windsponge

just like to say this is wonderful to read all this. You all deserve more credit for your fantastic work. I was wasting money on shrink when all I needed was all of You. Thanks yall for the entertainment!

Edited by Windsponge

Guest Adrynalyne
Well earlier you had said that 6.5 had not been released so how is it that is the version of windows i have? Just tryin to get the low down here not be a thorn in anyones ass.

Also i know he does i just don't want to have to set everything up again. Its far from how i got it.. When i do flash again i am going with the lite version i think and just have the windows titanium home screen

There is a distinct difference between released, and leaked, beta and rtm.

Edited by Adrynalyne

Guest Adrynalyne
Read Post #83

http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/samsung-i900-omnia

Just thought i'd add more gossip and speculation.

Not sure what you added gossip wise. I already knew there were newer builds than CC20. I also knew that as long as VZNav does not work, the rom will not be released.

Thanks for the link though. I actually believe the poster.

Edited by Adrynalyne

Guest rmac

If Azintegra actually had the ROM, either he'd share it with at least one other person, or release it to the community.

Since nobody "else" has it, and any screen shots could easily be fabricated, the said ROM probably doesn't exist.

Otherwise, put your money and your credit where your mouth is and post the ROM. Then you get credit for not lying through your teeth the entire time just to anger the people who, in fact, are the only people you'll get credit from in the first place.

Oh, don't let me forget to mention that all of us show similar appreciation to the masterminds behind the cooking operations. Personally, I couldn't write or modify the code necessary to make these softwares run, let alone modify them to suit the needs of the general public, and I'm sure there are a lot of us out there that don't contribute whatsoever to their development.

It kind of reminds me of Roger Clemens. The man has a sparkling, decorated 20+ year career, but ruins it by trying to enhance his performance at the very end. If this is, in fact, the final "release" "leak" what-have-you, all of your work for the i9x0 ends with this build in the first place. And yet, you allow yourself to come under fire at the end of such a high-profile cooking career.

P.S. Still don't see the build after pages of people pouring their support out to you. Suprise.

Guest Adrynalyne

Yeah--that would definitely convince someone to leak it.

<_<

The bashing of Azintegra is old hat. Move on, shall we?

Guest Lisbian08

The way I see it, CC20 with either Wozzer, blazingwolf, or Adrynalyne's ROMs are much better than what we were living with since Nov. I think we can be patient enough to let these guys cook something off the official release once it comes out rather than relying on leaked or beta releases. I love my omnia much more now, but there are several little quirks that I would like to have ironed out.

Guest Vahnyyz

I SHALL REVIVE THE THREAD WITH MY MAGICAL AWESOME POWERS!

ok, so seriously azintegra you should totally consider finding anyone else testing that isn't at risk for losing their job or anything like that, cause we're all anxious even if we say we're taking the high road by not being all "OMG PLEEZ HAS ROM NOA?!"

Guest bornl33t

Sorry I'm late but Modaco isn't really my cup o tea. I remember when CC20 was leaked I thought it was awfully brave of some one to claim sole responsibility for the leak. In the US that could be considered corporate espionage and could get one in trouble in a hurry. The thought process was also that since this is the internet and there are no rules for control or common courtesy this rom would spread in a hurry. I figured it was a good thing that "reposts" of the rom didn't bare the originals posters name on it, not that Verizon/Samsung couldn't figure it out but why go to their freaking website and tell them where it came from!?!?!?!?!?!

If I was the original poster I would create a second anonymous account and slip it into the forum OR let a reputable member post is so I wasn't associated with it.

Regardless, I appreciate the CC20 rom and a big thanks to Adrynalyn also. I wish I had skillz so I could post useful stuff all the time, but alas I'm just a enduser....and a nerdy one at that.

It would be wise for a mod to close this thread, there are defiantly some embers glowing here and with the right fuel this thread could burn.

Edited by bornl33t

Guest Adrynalyne
lol, this thread had already died :) Now we all want the latest WinMo 6.5 build <_<

The latest build has been ported to the i910 B)

21234 goodness :D

Guest necosino
The latest build has been ported to the i910 :)

21234 goodness B)

Sorry Adryn, that post was supposed to be a roll-over post. I meant the release in 1 1/2 weeks, and then 3 weeks after that, etc etc etc until the Final release <_<

Guest theidoctor.org
Sorry Adryn, that post was supposed to be a roll-over post. I meant the release in 1 1/2 weeks, and then 3 weeks after that, etc etc etc until the Final release <_<

so im guessing azntegra never gave the other one...